Spicer confirms Trump is thinking about ending press briefings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:24:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Spicer confirms Trump is thinking about ending press briefings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Spicer confirms Trump is thinking about ending press briefings  (Read 900 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What a snowflake http://www.mediaite.com/tv/spicer-on-trump-hinting-at-canceling-press-briefings-hes-just-dismayed-by-the-gotcha-game/#disqus_thread
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 01:29:50 PM »

trump is such a cry baby.
Thinking like the man-child he is, the orange-haired clown believes that he will punish the media by taking one of their toys away (press briefings).
LOL.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 01:31:59 PM »

I'm not trying to defend anyone or anything here, but can't we please admit that the media definitely has a bigger magnifying glass over this WH than others in the past? Whether or not it is justified is up for you to decide, but it's fairly obvious that they are not his friend.

For example, it's highly likely that clinton, bush, or obama staff and cabinet members were not explored by the media. And if they were and something very bad came out, it's likely they wouldn't publish the stories.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 01:33:22 PM »

If Trump pulls a media blackout at the White House...he's not going to be happy with what fills that vacuum. 
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 01:35:21 PM »

I think this would be a great idea, to be honest, and I'm no Trump supporter.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »

For example, it's highly likely that clinton, bush, or obama staff and cabinet members were not explored by the media.

marty,
Previous "staff and cabinet members" from "Clinton, Bush or Obama" were professional or near-professional individuals.
trump has surrounded himself with a bunch of clowns in his administration !
For example .... who on Earth would put Ben Carson in any position within your administration ?
If you have so many un-professional people, and if the leader (trump) himself is a disaster, of course you are going to see more scrutiny from the media.
PERIOD.
It's as if you are asking us : "why is water wet" ?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »

I think this would be a great idea, to be honest, and I'm no Trump supporter.

Yes, but you were before Syria.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 01:43:16 PM »

I'm not trying to defend anyone or anything here, but can't we please admit that the media definitely has a bigger magnifying glass over this WH than others in the past? Whether or not it is justified is up for you to decide, but it's fairly obvious that they are not his friend.

For example, it's highly likely that clinton, bush, or obama staff and cabinet members were not explored by the media. And if they were and something very bad came out, it's likely they wouldn't publish the stories.
1) Trump has time an time again mocked the press an most of the time over things they got right go back to the Flynn press conference when he time an time again mocked CNN and Jim Acosta then it turns out everything about Flynn they reported was right so yeah when you attack the press an especially over stories they got right they aren't going to be nice, an 2) if Obama or Clinton fired the head of the FBI who was investigating them an then turn around and contradict their own talking points an admitted that it was related to the investigation like Trump just did they would be hounded
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »

Sure, because silencing the media has always worked well for people in the past.

History always remembers those guys in a good light.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 02:09:27 PM »

Sure, because silencing the media has always worked well for people in the past.

History always remembers those guys in a good light.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »

So far Trump have been likely the most press-friendly (available) President in the USA and, probably, in the whole world. Ever.

I hope you realized that?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 03:05:56 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333179-trump-suggests-white-house-not-have-press-conferences-unless-i-do

Please, make it happen. Everyone loves Trump's press-conferences, don't they!?
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 03:11:22 PM »

So far Trump have been likely the most press-friendly (available) President in the USA and, probably, in the whole world. Ever.

You mean like Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 03:16:07 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333179-trump-suggests-white-house-not-have-press-conferences-unless-i-do

OMG !
I hope this happens.
Can you imagine the stupidity coming out of the orange-haired clown's mouth during these press conferences (detailed questions from the White House press corps).
It would be classic comedy (more so than we have now from Spicer and hag).
I would literally prepare pop corn before every "2-week press briefing."
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 03:18:45 PM »

Honestly, I'm fine with this.  When have we learned anything from a press briefing during this administration?  All S.H. Sanders and Spicer ever do is lie, lie, lie.  It's pretty tiresome at this point.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »

This part is utter nonsense and you should feel bad for even writing that.

And I like how according to you, the amount of scandals that are appearing in the media is just the media having a hard on against Trump, when in reality it's just because this "administration" is more corrupt, incompetent and disastrous than what's usual.
EnglishPete

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 06:00:37 PM »

If Trump pulls a media blackout at the White House...he's not going to be happy with what fills that vacuum. 

Why? What's going to 'fill that vacuum'? Lots of stories based on anonymous sources half of which later turn out to be disinformation. They've already got that.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 06:01:17 PM »

Trump isn't "thinking" about anything. As clearly demonstrated by Comey's firing, Trump has feelings and sometimes he acts on them.

The only takeaway from this is that that Trump doesn't like press briefings unless they make him look good. And he's a whimsical tantrum thrower, he might do almost anything.

Which we already knew.

EnglishPete

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 06:03:17 PM »

You mean like Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes?
Is Sean Spicer's name 'Trump'?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 06:07:03 PM »

other administrations weren't infected by SOOOO much conflict and factionalism, weren't SOOOO hostile the media and weren't soooo packed with leakers ......

... and i am not even talking about the fact, that other administrations weren't nearly as amateurish and incompetent, as it looks like....or possibly dangerous for the american institutions.
EnglishPete

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »

OMG !
I hope this happens.
Can you imagine the stupidity coming out of the orange-haired clown's mouth during these press conferences (detailed questions from the White House press corps).
It would be classic comedy (more so than we have now from Spicer and hag).
I would literally prepare pop corn before every "2-week press briefing."

You don't have to imagine, you can remember what it would be like.

Remember the hour long press conference Trump did back in February? The one where he called CNN "very fake News"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct0H_ndjavM

If he does his own press conferences twice a month I imagine they would be like that.
EnglishPete

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 06:10:20 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 06:16:33 PM »

I actually think the WH press briefings are silly and the President himself should take q's for an hour every week or every other week. Since we (unfortunately) don't have PMQs in this country we need something where our leaders can have some blood drawn and have to actually defend themselves on the fly

So if (big if) Trump went in that direction, it'd be the way I'd prefer to go anyways
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 06:19:33 PM »

A presidential press conference once every two weeks would be a terrible move for Trump. He would provide so much ammunition to his enemies.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 06:20:51 PM »

this is disgusting, but lets be honest, the Sean Spicer press briefings have been nothing if not complete BS and very combative. These press briefings are not there to inform the public but to deceive the public. I'm not sure there would be a massive decline in the level of information if Trump just stopped having them.

it's pretty sad when the guy who constantly talks about how much of an alpha mega negotiator he is does nothing but complain.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies