Election night, six months later
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:22:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Election night, six months later
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Going into Election Night, who did you think would win? (and who did you support)?
Clinton (Clinton supporter)

Clinton (Trump supporter)

Clinton (other supporter)

Trump (Clinton supporter)

Trump (Trump supporter)

Trump (other supporter)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 177

Author Topic: Election night, six months later  (Read 12510 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2017, 07:51:28 PM »

It was right around 9pm when Chuck Todd took a look at Florida and saw Trump ahead by >140K votes.  You could feel and see NBC's panel deflate at that moment and the rest is all she wrote.

I did think Trump would take FL though. However, I didn't think he had a prayer anywhere in the Democratic upper midwest.

I expected a Trump win to look something like this.

I wasn't surprised that he won Pennsylvania, but I was surprised that he won Wisconsin and Michigan.

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2017, 08:55:33 PM »

My prediction was based on Secular Talk's prediction video right before the election and my own gut feeling:

I thought she'd hold on in Michigan and Pennsylvania but I wasn't sure. I knew that Trump's only path to victory was through the Midwest and I thought his trade protectionist message would resonate strongly there. Wisconsin was the only state that truly shocked me though. I didn't think he'd win there.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »

This thread seems to be all about hatred for Trump voters and thoughts that we are all going to die.

I never said any of this when Obama won.
Obama didn't go on tape admitting to sexual assault or at the very least, thinking little of women.

At the end of the day, you decided those words were defensible and it's utterly shocking that anyone would be willing to defend what he said. You share those values as a result.
No, I don't.  They were disgusting.
But then why vote for him? Why not vote for McMullin/Finn or another conservative?
No response yet Sad
Sorry, I forgot about this thread.

I liked some of Trump's policies better than McMullin's (and McMullin pissed me off).  As Arbitrage said, he didn't admit to assault, he just said things that he should not have said.
If he carried out the actions he described on tape, that's assault. It's rather pathetic you cared more about winning than making a principled stand.
Again, IF. But so far, there is nothing that proves he actually assaulted someone.
Based on his own words, what he did was assault.

Still pathetic.
alomas
Rookie
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »

Trump supporter, but thought Clinton will win. I believed The Donald had a much better chance than media gave him though my calculations put him at 231 with Florida and NH (264) very much possible. Initially it got worse with Georgia's exit poll showing a dead heat and Trump adviser talking about a miracle. But it happened. Clinton's comeback in Florida never materalised and America has a patriot in the White House. Great night.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2017, 09:25:32 PM »

I was at the Clinton victory party here in my county, we ALL expected a Clinton win based on the polls, when we saw Virginia staying in Trump's column way past its turning point and Trump maintaining a lead here in Florida and doing well in Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire and Maine, that is when everyone thought Trump was going to win.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2017, 07:36:55 PM »

My prediction was based on Secular Talk's prediction video right before the election and my own gut feeling:

I thought she'd hold on in Michigan and Pennsylvania but I wasn't sure. I knew that Trump's only path to victory was through the Midwest and I thought his trade protectionist message would resonate strongly there. Wisconsin was the only state that truly shocked me though. I didn't think he'd win there.

I was less shocked by WI than MI and PA. Yes, WI had a slightly longer Democratic streak than MI and PA, not having gone to the GOP since Reagan 1984. But margins and demographics matter. WI was extremely close in both 2000 and 2004, with Bush losing it by a margin of less than 0.5% both times. Obama did very well there in 08 and 16 due to his popularity, financial crisis, Romney being a terrible fit with working class whites, being from a neighboring state, etc. But Obama did better in MI than in WI (16.5% vs 13.9% in 2008 and 9.5% vs 6.9% in 2012). Both MI and PA have large cities and surrounding suburbs that are heavily democratic. So I simply did not believe that Trump could make up those margins by running up the score in the rural and exurban areas of the states. WI though just has Milwaukee and college town of Madison, and the state was more ripe for a GOP pickup given the demographics and the state GOP's organizational strength, having won 3 decisive victories for Scott Walker.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »

I was at the Clinton victory party here in my county, we ALL expected a Clinton win based on the polls, when we saw Virginia staying in Trump's column way past its turning point and Trump maintaining a lead here in Florida and doing well in Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire and Maine, that is when everyone thought Trump was going to win.

How drastic was the mood shift at the party? Were people crying? Were they angry?
Ridge
Rookie
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »

I was at a mostly pro-Trump watch party, yet literally only three people thought he could win, and I knew both of the other two. When he won Ohio, Florida and NC was when it dawned on us it was going to happen and we erupted in cheers.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2017, 06:06:33 PM »

How drastic was the mood shift at the party? Were people crying? Were they angry?
A nurse friend reports people at the hospital where she works (patients and workers alike) were in tears.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2017, 11:47:07 AM »

I was no fan of Clinton or Trump and didn't vote for either one, but I was very sure Clinton would win.
After Trumps absurd statements and the vilification he got in the press as well as the polls showing Hillary ahead I was sure he would lose.   I thought Trump had a chance to win IA and OH but not NC or FL , much lass PA, MI or WI.
As I watched the votes come in by 9:00 I was astounded when it looked like he would take FL and NC.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2017, 08:13:15 PM »

The funny thing is I didn't even think Trump would win even after winning NC and FL (both of which I thought would go for Clinton).  I just thought it would be much closer than expected.  When he won WI, I knew it still didn't guarantee victory, but I was pretty convinced.

I expected Clinton to win easily.
Gay Republican
Rookie

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2017, 06:21:01 AM »

I woke up with a huge hardon.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2017, 06:23:47 AM »

I was too drunk to have a firm grasp on what was happening, but knew that things were looking bad for Clinton when Trump kept leading in Michigan.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2017, 07:24:39 AM »

I was too drunk to have a firm grasp on what was happening, but knew that things were looking bad for Clinton when Trump kept leading in Michigan.
I had people over, which was a mistake. None actually cared about the returns and two guys got into a fight over a missing joint. My best friend left early because of the commotion and I missed most of the returns until 1:00 AM, when it just me and three other friends. Around the time CNN reported Hillary's concession we got out the cheap champagne, which was mostly wasted when we popped the cork and started spraying each other in celebration. We then went outside (again, covered in sticky champagne), smoked some cigarettes, and let the stunning victory sink in.

It was a wonderful night for me. I love thinking about it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2017, 02:50:43 PM »

Accusing Hillary of enabling her husband's RAPE OF JUANITA BROADDRICK is one of the most sexist attacks I've seen on Clinton. Blaming a woman for the infidelity of her husband, smh.
So you don't believe Juanita Broaddrick about that part of the story?

"Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported." - Hillary Clinton
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:02 PM »

Accusing Hillary of enabling her husband's RAPE OF JUANITA BROADDRICK is one of the most sexist attacks I've seen on Clinton. Blaming a woman for the infidelity of her husband, smh.

"Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported." - Hillary Clinton
We should listen to people's stories, but that doesn't mean we should assume guilt.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2017, 08:13:43 PM »

We should listen to people's stories, but that doesn't mean we should assume guilt.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2017, 06:31:32 AM »

I predicted that Trump could surprise on election night and win it, because the last polls out of PA and MI showed a trend towards him in the final days, but in my latest prediction I thought Hillary would barely win PA, MI and WI and therefore the presidency.

Many deluded Hillary-fetishists on here bombarded and ridiculed me about it, because ... well ... the NC early vote said otherwise ... Tongue

Trump's win was really a fluke though: 79k votes in 3 states ...

Still, I was really critical of Hillary throughout the campaign (as you may know) and supported nobody in this election.

If I were a resident and citizen of the US and living in a swing state like CO or VA, I would have voted for Hillary though. Otherwise maybe only downballot.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2017, 10:27:14 AM »

Sure, in the sense of receiving support and counseling. Not in court.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

That's not what Hillary Clinton said. In fact the way you interpret it is kind of sick.

Not to mention the same thing happened to Huma with that pervert Anthony. These people are KNOWN perverts - it's not like Anthony's sickness wasn't well known. These are political marriages though, not real marriages.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2017, 08:24:11 PM »

That's not what Hillary Clinton said. In fact the way you interpret it is kind of sick.

Not to mention the same thing happened to Huma with that pervert Anthony. These people are KNOWN perverts - it's not like Anthony's sickness wasn't well known. These are political marriages though, not real marriages.

Your second paragraph is wrong. You don't get to define what is a marriage and what isn't. We're all human - we all have flaws. I can't dismiss Trump's marriages as "mere trophy wives," nor Jared and Ivanka's marriage as a "business marriage, not a real marriage."
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »

Your second paragraph is wrong. You don't get to define what is a marriage and what isn't. We're all human - we all have flaws. I can't dismiss Trump's marriages as "mere trophy wives," nor Jared and Ivanka's marriage as a "business marriage, not a real marriage."

Fine.

But we can't make excuses for them. Huma and Hillary are not "victims." They are enablers and they knew what was going on.

Like when Anthony got caught sexting a 15 year old, EVERYONE knew he was a pervert. Trump, per usual, accurately predicted this in 2012: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/266276897305026560?lang=en (Funny how Trump is right EVERY time right? Unreal)

So when Carlos Danger was caught sexting a 15 year old, Huma was not a "victim." She deserves as much of the fallout as Anthony Weiner.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies