WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:19:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 61
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin  (Read 143483 times)
Former Kentuckian
Cal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: August 19, 2018, 10:07:03 PM »

I'm very familiar with West Virginia and it's hard for me to imagine many people taking this seriously, much less actually going through with it and writing Paula Jean in. As others in this thread and elsewhere said, a lot of Paula Jean's numbers in the primary were from protest votes and Dixecrats who still haven't switched their registration (a big problem Democratic campaigns in WV and Kentucky have to deal with). While there were some sincere Paula Jean voters, not all were. And just because those sincere voters supported her in the primary doesn't mean they're going to write her in. Especially considering WV's problems at the moment, such as the coup that pushed out the WV Supreme Court. Democrats and those leaning Democrat are acutely aware of how serious things are in the state right now, and though Manchin is a federal politician and has little to do with state issues, he's a part of the puzzle state Democrats are trying to put together in November.

It should also be noted that Paula Jean has, rather unceremoniously, shot whatever future political career she may have had square in the back of the head. She was never going to be a US Senator or anything, but there was some rumbling about maybe her running for a State Delegate seat or something small. No more. The state Democratic Party was never fond of her in the first place, but they tolerated her. They're going to be out for blood now.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #901 on: August 20, 2018, 12:21:43 AM »

Idiot.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #902 on: August 20, 2018, 12:26:28 AM »

Yeah, she aint going to mess with Manchin and get away with it, her political future will be roasted!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #903 on: August 20, 2018, 12:37:27 AM »

It's so awkward how much distance there is between Manchin and Ojeda. They were both in Huntington for an Italian festival a couple days back, and did not even see each other at the event. Yet Manchin was hanging out with ff Hornbuckle, and Ojeda with some random state senate candidate, so they were obviously politicking around a bit, and I don't think there aren't any reasons for that lack of meeting... nonetheless, whatever both of them are doing seems to be working (aka they are ahead rn), so do whatever you need to do to win, but I still feel it's kind of a weird atmosphere.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #904 on: August 20, 2018, 12:46:32 AM »

It's so awkward how much distance there is between Manchin and Ojeda. They were both in Huntington for an Italian festival a couple days back, and did not even see each other at the event. Yet Manchin was hanging out with ff Hornbuckle, and Ojeda with some random state senate candidate, so they were obviously politicking around a bit, and I don't think there aren't any reasons for that lack of meeting... nonetheless, whatever both of them are doing seems to be working (aka they are ahead rn), so do whatever you need to do to win, but I still feel it's kind of a weird atmosphere.
from what I have read, the two have rather icy relations, so it makes sense that they wouldnt see each other. But yeah, the two represent two different approaches to win in rural America.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #905 on: August 20, 2018, 02:08:19 AM »

Manchin deserves this. It's karma for supporting the Republican rather than the woman who defeated him in the 1996 primary for governor.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #906 on: August 20, 2018, 02:10:16 AM »

Manchin deserves this. It's karma for supporting the Republican rather than the woman who defeated him in the 1996 primary for governor.

If Manchin loses it won't because of Paula Jean, but it will still hurt. Also you need to think out of the box besides personal feuds, put that aside, we need all the dems in the senate we can get.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #907 on: August 20, 2018, 02:53:40 AM »

from what I have read, the two have rather icy relations, so it makes sense that they wouldnt see each other. But yeah, the two represent two different approaches to win in rural America.
Well, it makes sense in the sense that they have two very different political philosophies. Manchin's a conservative, Ojeda's a populist. But I gotta say, I'm surprised that that would make the two hostile toward each other. As someone with a healthy amount of respect toward both of them, I find it odd that two clearly able politicians with the same general interests in the end wouldn't respect the others' methods.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #908 on: August 20, 2018, 04:43:02 AM »

I hope the GOP takes away your healthcare.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #909 on: August 20, 2018, 04:48:16 AM »

It's funny that she thinks she'll get more than 0.1% of the vote.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #910 on: August 20, 2018, 05:23:05 AM »

This. I still like her, but she's just being stupid here. Blankenship's inevitable write-in run will cancel this out and then some. Likely D->likely D
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #911 on: August 20, 2018, 07:38:45 AM »

Still Lean + D, but Schwagerin behaved like a full idiot (sorry if someone hurt it)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #912 on: August 20, 2018, 11:38:13 AM »

lol. Let's not shootourselves  to spite Manchin.

Still bitter about 1996.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #913 on: August 20, 2018, 12:40:15 PM »

Still bitter about 1996.

Very wise, we all need to be united for November, and that includes people like me rooting for jd's who got the nom in the GE.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #914 on: August 20, 2018, 12:50:26 PM »

Still bitter about 1996.

Very wise, we all need to be united for November, and that includes people like me rooting for jd's who got the nom in the GE.
I mean, you have to admit, the Left has produced some FF candidates this year. Even the JDs, which used to be the HP of the Progressive wing, has really made some excellent choices this year.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #915 on: August 20, 2018, 01:02:15 PM »

Still bitter about 1996.

I mean, you have to admit, the Left has produced some FF candidates this year. Even the JDs, which used to be the HP of the Progressive wing, has really made some excellent choices this year.

Some, I guess yeah.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #916 on: August 20, 2018, 01:42:25 PM »

No idea why this forum is so obsessed with her and Blankenship. They'll only potentially matter if the race is extremely close, and you all seem to think Manchin will landslide, so...
Lognog
United States

« Reply #917 on: August 20, 2018, 01:57:05 PM »

This makes me upset that we missed out on a Blankenship-Swearengin match-up. West Virginia would lose, but comedy would win.

Spice it up with a Rocky de la Fuente third party run on top of that.

And how about both Ron Este's on top of that
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #918 on: August 20, 2018, 05:13:03 PM »

lol. Let's not shootourselves  to spite Manchin.

Still bitter about 1996.

I'm not bitter about 1996. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the calls for party unity. If we don't want to go back so far, Manchin also supported the current Republican governor in the 2016 Democratic primary. Justice was the ultimate DINO, only pretending to be a Democrat for 2 years.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #919 on: August 21, 2018, 03:02:06 AM »

lol. Let's not shootourselves  to spite Manchin.

Still bitter about 1996.

I'm not bitter about 1996. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the calls for party unity. If we don't want to go back so far, Manchin also supported the current Republican governor in the 2016 Democratic primary. Justice was the ultimate DINO, only pretending to be a Democrat for 2 years.

I am.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #920 on: August 21, 2018, 03:04:48 AM »

+100
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #921 on: August 21, 2018, 03:10:46 AM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #922 on: August 21, 2018, 03:31:35 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #923 on: August 21, 2018, 05:01:55 AM »

That's a dumb and morally disgusting comment.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #924 on: August 21, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »

Potus (piece of trash underneath sh!t) Trump has landed in WV. If he screws with Manchin Imma be even more infuriated than I am now. But with all the distractions going on today it should keep him busy enough to slam Manchin less than otherwise so that’s at least good.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies