WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 12:48:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin  (Read 143937 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: December 04, 2018, 01:52:40 AM »

Sir, with all due respect the election is over, this is your final term, and Trump heavily attempted to humiliate and mock you. So...

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1401 on: December 04, 2018, 04:24:37 AM »

While I want Manchin to shift to the left, there's nothing wrong with that tweet, the miners need their pensions paid and legislation good for WV needs to get passed regardless of who is President.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1402 on: December 09, 2018, 07:05:46 PM »

Just a visualization on how things broke down by cd's. Manchin is heavily under-appreciated. Once some total WVGOP nutbag succeeds him, most dems besides JD's and a few others will miss and appreciate his talent in what he has done in holding out for so damn long, unbelievable, I continue to be astounded. Kind of like Obama getting more popular after Trump was elected. 

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1403 on: December 12, 2018, 09:53:35 AM »

Are some people on twitter actually this stupid?

If he had his wish, we would all be saying hello to Senator-elect Morrisey.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #1404 on: December 12, 2018, 09:59:05 AM »

Are some people on twitter actually this stupid?

If he had his wish, we would all be saying hello to Senator-elect Morrisey.

No matter the context, the answer to this question is almost always going to be yes
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1405 on: December 12, 2018, 01:44:36 PM »

"Rusty Hollen" is perhaps the most West Virginian name that a person could have
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1406 on: December 13, 2018, 01:36:28 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbKtl0o6fs

Lol, idiot. How stupid does he have to be to not see this as much of an intentionally scripted and public show as a WWE match.

His suggestion for Schumer, support and fund Morrisey if Manchin voted yes lmao. Cause he already has enough cash and does not care enough about a ranking membership to throw away his senate seat.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1407 on: December 15, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »

Every day, I am more thankful that Manchin was able to keep Fatrick's greasy fat claws out of the senate

InheritTheWind

« Reply #1408 on: December 18, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »

I had a dream last night that I was watching Manchin and Morrissey debate. The first question was, “what do the letters DT stand for to you?” Morrissey said Donald Trump, Manchin said “dat thing” and then started breakdancing as the audience cheered.

In summation, this race is safe D.

Honestly this aged pretty well
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1409 on: December 18, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »

I had a dream last night that I was watching Manchin and Morrissey debate. The first question was, “what do the letters DT stand for to you?” Morrissey said Donald Trump, Manchin said “dat thing” and then started breakdancing as the audience cheered.

Not really, Manchin survived by the skin of his teeth.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1410 on: December 18, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »

People need to apologize for mocking you over your concerns about Manchin. It was indeed close, and Jenkins probably would have beaten him.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1411 on: December 18, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »

People need to apologize for mocking you over your concerns about Manchin. It was indeed close, and Jenkins probably would have beaten him.

I know the state fairly well for never having even been there, starting in the spring, I researched WV for hours on end almost every day until the race was called for Manchin.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1412 on: December 18, 2018, 10:13:41 PM »

I know the state fairly well for never having even been there, starting in the spring, I researched WV for hours on end almost every day until the race was called for Manchin.

That is dedication. At least Manchin and Tester survived. It's unfortunate we can't say the same for Heitkamp, McCaskill, Donnelly, and Nelson.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1413 on: December 18, 2018, 11:21:12 PM »

That is dedication. At least Manchin and Tester survived. It's unfortunate we can't say the same for Heitkamp, McCaskill, Donnelly, and Nelson.

Yeah, at least Nelson's replacement is not total trash, but yeah, I am disappointed to some extent. The whole WV situation just fascinates and baffles me.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1414 on: December 18, 2018, 11:31:58 PM »

Yeah, at least Nelson's replacement is not total trash, but yeah, I am disappointed to some extent. The whole WV situation just fascinates and baffles me.

Tbh Medicare fraudster and serial liar Rick Scott seems like total trash to me.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1415 on: December 19, 2018, 12:48:12 AM »

Fun fact, even though WV ranks last in the % of population over 25 with a college degree, Manchin swept the 9 top educated counties in the state, by a total of 40,000 votes meaning he lost the rest of the state by 20,000 votes.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1416 on: December 19, 2018, 11:06:19 AM »

Fun fact, even though WV ranks last in the % of population over 25 with a college degree, Manchin swept the 9 top educated counties in the state, by a total of 40,000 votes meaning he lost the rest of the state by 20,000 votes.

Even in West Virginia, the national realignment we've been seeing took effect this year. Manchin did best in the most populated counties, while Morrisey got strong numbers in the most properly "rural" counties, and in the counties of coal country. If I recall correctly, Manchin carried McDowell County by only 0.1%, and he lost Logan County, which had been his best county in 2012. Manchin's best counties this year were Kanawha County, the state's most populous and home to its capital of Charleston, and Monongalia County, which I believe is where the University of West Virginia is based at Morgantown.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1417 on: December 19, 2018, 01:24:36 PM »

Even in West Virginia, the national realignment we've been seeing took effect this year. Manchin did best in the most populated counties, while Morrisey got strong numbers in the most properly "rural" counties, and in the counties of coal country. If I recall correctly, Manchin carried McDowell County by only 0.1%, and he lost Logan County, which had been his best county in 2012. Manchin's best counties this year were Kanawha County, the state's most populous and home to its capital of Charleston, and Monongalia County, which I believe is where the University of West Virginia is based at Morgantown.

It actually WVU (they're touchy about that for some reason).  Obviously, WV is part of the national trend.  It does hurt Joe's populist credentials relying on all those eggheads to win though.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1418 on: December 19, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »

It actually WVU (they're touchy about that for some reason).  Obviously, WV is part of the national trend.  It does hurt Joe's populist credentials relying on all those eggheads to win though.

My mistake, but my point holds. It still shocks me that Manchin failed to get an absolute majority and did worse than Tester. Nevertheless, he made it, unlike Heitkamp, who lost by 11 in a state just as Republican as West Virginia.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1419 on: January 11, 2019, 01:34:24 PM »

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/01/11/manchin-considering-running-for-governor-again/

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1420 on: January 11, 2019, 10:34:46 PM »

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/01/11/manchin-considering-running-for-governor-again/

That wouldn't be a wise move. He narrowly won reelection to the Senate, and I don't think he would win another statewide race after 2018. He should focus on serving out the remainder of his term. Democrats can't afford to lose his seat.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1421 on: January 11, 2019, 10:38:55 PM »

That wouldn't be a wise move. He narrowly won reelection to the Senate, and I don't think he would win another statewide race after 2018. He should focus on serving out the remainder of his term. Democrats can't afford to lose his seat.

If he runs and loses, he still holds his seat. If he runs and wins, a special election is held in 2022.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1422 on: January 11, 2019, 10:42:51 PM »

The GOP and Justice will change the law and have a special in early 2021; however, having lost the primary, Richard Ojeda will capitalize off Kamala Harris victory in the Oval Office and win the special, since he is a decorated Army Vet.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1423 on: January 11, 2019, 11:28:20 PM »

I for one welcome the return of Carte Goodwin
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1424 on: January 12, 2019, 02:52:41 AM »

If he runs and loses, he still holds his seat. If he runs and wins, a special election is held in 2022.

Which Democrats would lose in a landslide, thus costing them that Senate seat two years earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies