OH-Gravis: Mandel leads Brown by 3, Tiberi trails by 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:57:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH-Gravis: Mandel leads Brown by 3, Tiberi trails by 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OH-Gravis: Mandel leads Brown by 3, Tiberi trails by 2  (Read 4208 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 06:56:15 PM »

Ohio did vote 10 points to the right of the nation in 2016.  If Mandel wins this in a somewhat Democratic-leaning environment, maybe it is just time to officially label Ohio a red state.

Yeah... Obama won Wisconsin in 2008 by 14 points. Is Wisconsin a blue state? No.
Before this election many were calling Wisconsin a blue state.

Just look at local politics. There's no way a blue state would have near super-majorities in the legislature and an R governor.

He's not wrong, though. Most Democrats (including you, IIRC Tongue) were obsessed with this idea that Wisconsin is a blue state, especially in presidential elections. Granted, the polls were extremely misleading and Democrats did very well in 2008 and 2012, but I always thought Republicans could win it against Clinton.

I wasn't obsessed with it being a blue state; I was headstrong that Trump was the worst fit for the state and that the state would never go to a Republican like him, but could certainly go to someone like Kasich. I was wrong.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »

Ohio did vote 10 points to the right of the nation in 2016.  If Mandel wins this in a somewhat Democratic-leaning environment, maybe it is just time to officially label Ohio a red state.

Yeah... Obama won Wisconsin in 2008 by 14 points. Is Wisconsin a blue state? No.
Before this election many were calling Wisconsin a blue state.

That's true, though that means people calling Ohio a red state right now could end up being just as wrong.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 10:09:13 AM »

This poll has no bearing on what i think will happen in this race because Gravis is trash.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 06:12:23 PM »

I briefly polled this race before the Presidential election last year for a Republican-aligned client who reserved the right upon hiring to publicly release the toplines (almost all clients do this, but as you may know only release the data set if it is favorable to their interests). I am barred from disclosing anything further but to my knowledge, the client has not publicly released the results.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 02:02:25 AM »

Manchin is not in trouble, he is likely to safe D. He's a Good ol' boy, he is the Democratic Party of West Virginia, and he will triumph on election day.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »

I briefly polled this race before the Presidential election last year for a Republican-aligned client who reserved the right upon hiring to publicly release the toplines (almost all clients do this, but as you may know only release the data set if it is favorable to their interests). I am barred from disclosing anything further but to my knowledge, the client has not publicly released the results.

I know Tiberi commissioned some polls he never released.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 02:35:40 PM »

in 2008 Wisconsin was clearly a blue state.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2017, 02:36:58 PM »

I had a feeling this was going to be tough. Hillary Clinton has eviscerated the Democratic brand in Ohio. Over 400,000 Democratic voters disappeared last year, the beginnings of a West Virginia-style collapse. Otherwise, I'd say Brown would be a good potential presidential contender, but he's gotta fight tooth and nail just to stay alive.

Nope Strickland did more to damage the dem party in ohio then hillary.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies