Commonwealth of Fremont • 2nd House of Commons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:28:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Fremont • 2nd House of Commons
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Fremont • 2nd House of Commons  (Read 2002 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 10:09:27 PM »

AN ACT
to amend the constitution
of the Commonwealth

Section 1 (Title)
I. The title of this Act shall be, the "Concurrent Elections Amendment." It may be cited alternatively as "Amendment I" or as the "First Amendment."

Section 2 (Parliamentary elections)
i. Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be amended as follows:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

ii. The following shall be inserted following Article I, Section 6 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont, and all successive sections renumbered accordingly:

iii. The existing Article I, Section 7 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be amended as follows:

Section 3 (Ministerial elections)
i. Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be amended as follows:

ii. The following shall be inserted following Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont, and all successive sections renumbered accordingly:

iii. Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be amended as follows:

Section 4 (Early elections)
i. Article V, Section 4 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be amended as follows:

ii. Article V, Section 6 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be amended as follows:

iii. Article V, Section 9 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be amended to read as follows:
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 10:10:51 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2017, 10:36:16 PM by Barnes »

AN ACT
To provide for the date when persons elected or appointed to the Senate of Atlasia shall take their seat; and for connected purposes.

Be it enacted by the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frιmont:

Section One: Title and other provisions.
1. This Act may be cited as the "Senate (Commencement of Terms) Act of 2017."
2. This Act shall come into force on the date it is approved.

Section Two: Determing the date for regularly scheduled terms.
1. Any person elected to a regular term representing the Commonwealth in the Senate of Atlasia shall take his or her seat on the first Friday of the month following his or her election.

Section Three: Determining the date for persons appointed or elected to fill a casual vacancy.
1. Any person appointed by the Prime Minister to a fill a casual vacancy in the Senate shall take his or her seat immediately following his or her appointment.
2. Any person elected to fill the remainder of a term resulting from a casual vacancy shall take his or her seat immediately following the declaration of their election.

Section Four: Disqualification for failing to take a seat.
1. In all cases within this Act, any person who fails to take their seat within three days from the applicable date shall be deemed disqualified and the respective seat declared vacant by the Prime Minister.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2017, 06:28:28 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2017, 06:39:12 PM by Barnes »

I'd like to inform the House that I will be away from 5 June to 8 June, inclusive, as part of an exchange with the Inter-Parliamentary Union touring our sister Parliaments in Canada. During my absence, I have asked the Prime Minister to assume my duties as Speaker.  
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2017, 08:15:38 PM »

AN ACT
to throttle the twin abominations
of sexual abuse and child marriage

Section 1 (Title)
i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Minimum Marriageable Age and Minor Protection Act." It may be cited as the "Minimum Marriageable Age Act" or as the "MMA."

Section 2 (Minimum Marriageable Age)
i. No marriage license or like certificate shall be issued, either by this Commonwealth or by any state, county, or municipality constituent thereof, for which one or both of the applicants should be fewer than eighteen (18) years of age.
ii. Any such license or like certificate as may be issued in violation of this Act shall be considered null and void, and the officer responsible for its issuance subject to fines not less that $5,000 and not more than $10,000.

Section 3 (Implementation)
i. The provisions of this Act shall take effect upon its enactment into law.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2017, 12:33:02 PM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2017, 02:04:45 PM by Barnes »

I remind the House that I will be on very limited activity between now and June 8. The Prime Minister shall have the full powers of presiding officer for that time.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »

I remind he House that I will be on very limited activity between now and June 8. The Prime Minister shall have the full powers of presiding officer for that time.
Duly noted.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »

So that the House is aware, I depart for the great State of Minnesota later this evening and will return this coming Monday (June 12). My activity on these boards is likely to be reduced in the intervening period, and while I will do what I can to remain abreast of the goings-on in Fremont, don't be surprised if it takes me longer than usual to respond to messages and the like.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2017, 04:24:50 PM »

I am back on regular activity now and will pick up my duties again tomorrow. I see that the Prime Minister will be on limited activity from today, so that worked out quite efficiently!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 12:43:24 PM »

With evergreen's ban, I assume there'll be a by-election for her seat, correct?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 12:50:27 PM »

Actually, as the vacancy occurred fewer than two weeks from the next scheduled election (June 23 - 26), I will appoint a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM »

Actually, as the vacancy occurred fewer than two weeks from the next scheduled election (June 23 - 26), I will appoint a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.
Ah. I forgot about that. Tongue
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 03:50:45 PM »

COMMONWEALTH OF FREMONT
- OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER -

I, Harry S Truman, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont as Prime Minister thereof, in accordance with the expulsion of Evergreen as a member of this body, do hereby appoint the Rt. Honorable HenryWallaceVP as Member of the House of Commons, to serve until the expiration of the present term on 28 June 2017.

Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »

Checking in

xHenryWallaceVP
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2017, 10:26:52 PM »

Seeing as Evergreen is no longer a Member of this House, I shall allow Honorable Members a period of thirty-six hours to assume sponsorship of this proposed bill if they so desire. If no Member does so within that time period, the bill shall be tabled.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2017, 01:32:53 AM »

I will assume sponsorship of the bill.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »

Is there still a slot open for another bill?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2017, 04:36:24 PM »

You are always able to introduce bills.  If there are more than three regular bills at a time, they will simply build up in the queue and will come to the floor in the order of introduction.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 05:07:29 PM »

An act
to combat climate change through the taxation of carbon

Title I--Title of the act
1. The full name of this act is the "Fremont Carbon Taxation Act of 2017"

Title II--Taxation Procedure
1. This act shall place a tax of $20 on fossil fuel companies for every ton of carbon they extract from the ground, with the tax rising 2% each year. This means that in 2018 the tax would be $20.40, in 2019 it would be $20.81, etc.

Title III--Estimated Effects
1. I have estimated the tax to raise $112.50 billion dollars in revenue in its first year, and the amount of revenue raised will continue to go up each year as the tax increases
2. When carbon is burned, it is emitted as CO2 into the atmosphere, which is very bad for the environment. I have estimated that the tax will reduce CO2 emissions by 250 million metric tons in its first year of implementation, and the amount of CO2 emissions reduced will continue to go up each year as the tax increases.
3. I made these estimations by comparing this carbon tax to a real life carbon tax proposal using proportions. I deduced that because a $16 carbon tax would reduce emissions by 200 million metric tons in its first year, a $20 carbon tax would reduce emissions by 250 million metric tons in its first year. And because a $16 carbon tax would raise $90 billion in revenue in its first year, a $20 carbon tax would raise $112.50 in revenue in its first year.

Title IV--Implementation
1. All titles of this act will be immediately implemented after the passage of this act into law.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies