Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 02:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 127439 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: July 08, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2017, 08:47:02 AM by NHI »

March 8th Results:

Blitzer: Another big night in the race for President. 150 delegates up for grabs on the Republican side. Polls showing Marco Rubio heading for a big night, but Stephen Pearcy and his campaign suggest the race is not over yet. On the Democratic side Senator Sanders and Warren are competing for 166 delegates. The Senator from Massachusetts is trying to stop her colleague from Vermont, after a string of decisive wins.

Senator Sanders' campaign suggests the race for the nomination is still an uphill battle, but they have the momentum.

9:00 PM EST

Mississippi Primary:
✓ Marco Rubio: 79.55% (40)

Stephen Pearcy: 20.44%

King: A clear win for Marco Rubio in Mississippi. He clears the 50% hurdle and will take all forty delegates, giving him a major boost.

Blitzer: CNN can also project Elizabeth Warren is the winner in the Democratic primary. She defeats Senator Bernie Sanders in Mississippi.

Mississippi Primary:
✓ Elizabeth Warren: 56.00% (23)

Stephen Pearcy: 43.99% (15)

9:10 PM EST

Blitzer: CNN can now project Marco Rubio will win the Michigan Primary. Another victory for the Florida Senator tonight.

Michigan Primary:
✓ Marco Rubio: 63.85% (59)
Stephen Pearcy: 36.14%

Tapper: A big win for Marco Rubio in Michigan. Mr. Pearcy hoped to perform better in the state, maybe pull an upset.

King: Stephen Pearcy ran a very populist campaign in the state, trying to draw many of the voters who went for Rick Santorum over Mitt Romney four years in the 2012 Republican Primary. But it seems Marco Rubio's free trade message, along with his proposals for tax reform have won the day and sold better than Mr. Pearcy's protectionist message.

Tapper: The fact that Marco Rubio is doing so well, and Senator Warren is at least doing better than originally thought, maybe this is a sign the anti-establishment, populist candidates are at the end of their line.

King: If Bernie Sanders loses tonight, it will likely be narrow, but it will also change the narrative. This was a state he was widely expected to win easily over Elizabeth Warren and if she can close the gap here, it will reshuffle the Democratic Race entirely tomorrow.

Michigan Democratic Primary: Too Close to Call
Bernie Sanders: 50.88%
Elizabeth Warren: 49.10%

Blitzer: We are continuing to watch a close race between Senator Warren and Senator Sanders in Michigan. CNN is categorizing this race as too close to call at this time.

11:07 PM

Blitzer: CNN can now project Senator Marco Rubio is the winner of the Idaho Caucuses.

Idaho Republican Caucuses:
✓ Marco Rubio: 85.77% (32)
Stephen Pearcy: 14.23%

Blitzer: CNN is also projecting Marco Rubio the winner in Hawaii.

Hawaii Republican Primary:
✓ Marco Rubio: 80.00% (17)
Stephen Pearcy: 20.00% (2)

Marco Rubio: 763 (21 Contests Won) (58.94%)
Stephen Pearcy: 225 (2 Contests Won) (37.99%)

Blitzer: We continue to watch the close race in Michigan between Senator Warren and Senator Sanders.

King: Warren is doing better than expected tonight. All polls showed her narrowly trailing Senator Sanders, but her campaign spent a great deal of time and effort in the state and it seems to have paid off. Her campaign also made the Flint Water crisis a central issue in her speeches and rallies in the state.

Michigan Democratic Primary: Too Close to Call (90% Reported)
Elizabeth Warren: 50.00%
Bernie Sanders: 50.00%

12:33 AM EST

✓ Elizabeth Warren Wins Michigan Primary

Michigan Democratic Primary: Too Close to Call (100% Reported)
Elizabeth Warren: 49.99% (65)
Bernie Sanders: 49.98% (65)

King:A close win for Elizabeth Warren, but a needed win nevertheless. Her campaign can now claim a victory and certainly a symbolic one over Bernie Sanders.

Elizabeth Warren: 705 (12 Contests Won) (50.01%)
Bernie Sanders: 677 (11 Contests Won) (49.89%)

Endorsements:
Warren:David Bonior, James Blanchard, Stacey Abrams, Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Gary Peters, Sander Levin, Elaine Marshall, Joe Sestak, Chellie Pingree and Bonnie Watson Coleman

Sanders:
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii

Congressman and Senate candidate Alan Grayson of Florida

Mayor Miro Weinberger of Vermont

Retired Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson

Secretary of Vererans' Affairs Robert A. McDonald

Businessman Bill Gates (Note: Gates will not be donating to the campaign)

Congressman Tim Ryan of Ohio

Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Richard Cordray

Dr. Cornel West

Former State Senator Nina Turner of Ohio

This round will last until Wednesday at 11 PM EST. On Wednesday (7/12) the March 15th Results will be released.

In between: On Monday (7/10) the March 10th/12th Results: (Thursday, March 10:
Virgin Islands Republican caucuses) will be released. (Saturday, March 12: Wyoming Caucus (GOP), Guam Republican convention, Northern Mariana Islands Democratic caucuses, Washington, DC Republican convention) Results for these contests will be Monday 7/10 -- 11 PM EST

There will be a debate for both sides prior to the contests. Questions are forthcoming.

Polling: March 15th

Florida
Warren: 49%
Sanders: 45%

Rubio: 73%
Pearcy: 24%

Illinois
Sanders: 49%
Warren:  46%

Rubio: 67%
Pearcy: 31%

Missouri:
Warren: 48%
Sanders: 47%

Rubio: 69%
Pearcy: 27%

North Carolina:
Warren: 52%
Sanders: 44%

Rubio: 69%
Pearcy: 29%

Ohio:
Warren: 49%
Sanders: 48%

Rubio: 65%
Pearcy: 30%

Northern Mariana Islands Republican caucuses
Rubio: 85%
Pearcy: 10%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #751 on: July 08, 2017, 11:22:04 PM »

Elizabeth Warren victory speech

Thank you Michigan and Mississippi! This was a hard-fought victory, and I thank every one of you from the bottom of my heart! I, of course want to thank Senator Sanders for the magnificent campaign he ran in these states, and look forward to the next set of primaries. Our opponent is likely to be Senator Rubio. I think we can take him, don't you?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #752 on: July 09, 2017, 12:13:17 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2017, 12:40:52 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan

Thank you my friends, thank you for this great night, thank you Michigan, Mississippi, Idaho and Hawaii. These are hard-fought and amazing victories.

[Crowd applauds and chants Mar-co! Mar-co! Mar-co!]

Our automobile industry is one of the things that make America great. But this industry is in danger, so I proposed solutions to relaunch it and get our economy working again through tax cuts, energy independence and trade promotion. I know the economy is the number one issue of this election, I listened to your concerns, I proposed the right solutions to your concerns and I came to the top.

[Crowd applauds]

We now need to win less than 500 delegates in order to clinch the Republican nomination. Next week, a lot of important primary contests will be held, including in my home state of Florida. Ohio will also determine this race because no single Republican nominee since 1964 won the White House without carrying Ohio, so if we win Ohio, we will demonstrate that I am clearly the best candidate to beat Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders on November. And finally Illinois, the home state of President Obama whose eight years at the White House were disastrous for America : weak economic growth, growing terrorist threat and reinforced tyranny around the world and deeper division among the American people. After eight years of Barack Obama, we need to bring change in this nation, to fix America and to make the world safer. So we have to keep it up to propel us to the nomination, to our victory in November, to America's victory and to a New American Century that will be marked by radical Islamic terrorism's defeat, by a stronger national unity and by the restoration of America's economic prosperity through free market and free enterprise.

[Crowd applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

If I'm the Republican nominee, we will make one of our best performances among ethnic minorities, because I understand their struggles, because I lived the American Dream. If I'm President of the United States, every single American will prosper, including ethnic minorities. Under a Rubio administration, we will reform our immigration system in order to offer immigrants a path to citizenship and help them accomplishing the American Dream on the land of opportunity. Through job creation, wages will increase, including for ethnic minorities. We will reform our education system through school choice for the sake of our children's social success. We need to promote school choice, which will cost families, including these immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It will grant parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce. By promoting free trade with Latin America, we will give our businesses, including Hispanic small businesses in the United States thanks to language opportunities and their fluency in Spanish and English, new opportunities to innovate, to increase their competitiveness, to get new consumers by giving them access to American products, to create jobs in our country and ensure their business' expansion here and around the world. Thanks to their bilingualism, Hispanics will be dominant among the importers, exporters, translators and executives who ensure such a cultural and commercial exchange. And like I said, our innovation and competition capacity comes from our open markets as well as our constant quest for new markets.

Let's keep fighting for this bright future for America by sending this message all across this country. We will win big on mini Super Tuesday next week and that means that America will win.

Thank you. God bless the United States of America.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #753 on: July 09, 2017, 08:20:34 AM »

Pearcy speaks to supporters

We are not dropping out of this race. We are gonna take this to the convention and we are gonna win it there!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #754 on: July 09, 2017, 02:35:30 PM »

Just wondering, if the Republican debate was held in Florida on March 10, the same day as the Virgin Islands Republican caucuses, will the debate answers be posted at the same night as the results in Virgin Islands Republican caucuses, which is tommorrow night?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #755 on: July 09, 2017, 07:52:31 PM »

Pearcy Q&A in Springfield Illinois

1.Hi Mr Pearcy I am a undecided voter who voted for Obama in 2008 believing he could bring change and I was a little disappointed in his first term but I gave him a second change in 2020 but he let me down again.    I was wondering was change will you bring to Washington?

Well I promise to Liberty to DC and defeat the Washington machine. And I think I have a step up from Obama due to me be willing to be Bipartisan and that well Obama was a career politician  and well I am not at all. So I think my word when I saw I will bring change you gotta trust me more on my word.

Voter 1:Thank you you have my vote

Voter 2:One of the things I want to know since I just graduated college and wanted to leave my parents healthcare plan and when the ACA was passed my parents and I lost their doctors who we deeply trusted and we were forced to pay ridiculous fees and premiums its anything but affordable.
What is Pearcycare like?

Well you want go to my website and you will find out about PearcyCare and how we will fight crony capitalism in healthcare.  With my plan you and your doctor get to decide what to do with your healthcare not the government and we will drive away big pharma and corporations from trying to get into your personal health.

Voter 2:Thank you you have my vote.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #756 on: July 10, 2017, 06:51:08 AM »

Just wondering, if the Republican debate was held in Florida on March 10, the same day as the Virgin Islands Republican caucuses, will the debate answers be posted at the same night as the results in Virgin Islands Republican caucuses, which is tommorrow night?

Correct.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #757 on: July 10, 2017, 05:09:12 PM »

Schedule for Elizabeth Warren

March 9, 2016

Debate Prep in Christianburg, Ohio (With Sherrod Brown and Howard Dean)

Speech at Urbana University, Urbana, Ohio (With Sherrod Brown)

Bernie Sanders has become a hypocrite, cozying up to big business in the form of Bill Gates, who you know, is the richest person in the world, and the former CEO of Microsoft. I know both Sanders and Gates said that no donations would be made to his campaign, but how many people actually believe that double-speak? I don't, and while I wish the stench of money was gone from politics, it is still here, and we shouldn't be hypocrites about it, talk one way, and act another.

Debate Bernie Sanders, Kendall Campus, Miami-Dade College, Miami, Florida

March 10, 2016

Meet Voters in Durand, Illinois (With Dick Durbin)

Meet Voters in South Beloit, Illinois (With Dick Durbin)

Speech in Loves Park, Illinois (With Dick Durbin)

The budget impasse here in Illinois has reached a second year, thanks to the intransigence of Governor Rauner. As President, I will work to ensure a budget is passed for every year of my administration, and fight to avoid government shutdowns.

Meet Voters in Poplar Grove, Illinois (With Dick Durbin)

March 11, 2016

Meet Voters in Watseka, Illinois (With Dick Durbin)

Meet Voters in Chebanse, Illinois (With Dick Durbin)

Meet Voters in Momence, Illinois (With Dick Durbin)

March 12, 2016

Meet Voters in Marionville, Missouri (With Claire McCaskill and Jay Nixon)

Speech in Ferguson, Missouri (With Joe Biden, John Lewis and Jim Clyburn)

Well, there have been riots since the shooting of Michael Brown. But rioting over the lack of an indictment isn't the answer. The answer is to fight for change, by contacting, and voting for the representatives of your choice. As President, I will push for the demilitarization of our police, and for better relations between the police of our nation and the minority communities of this nation.

Meet Voters in Woodson Terrace, Missouri (With Jay Nixon and Claire McCaskill)

March 13, 2016

Meet Voters in Callahan, Florida (With Bill Nelson)

Speech at Everbank Field, Jacksonville, Florida (With Bill Nelson)

I know they say we won't be competitive here against Rubio in November...but we'll prove them wrong! We'll beat him here come the fall!

Meet Voters in Hastings, Florida (With Bill Nelson)

March 14, 2016

Meet Voters in St. Augustine Beach, Florida (With Bill Nelson)

Meet Voters in Willowbrook, Illinois (With Dick Durbin and Pat Quinn)

Speech in Lombard, Illinois  (With Dick Durbin)

I'm lost as to why Stephen Pearcy is still running. Senator Rubio is almost at the magic number needed to clinch his party's nomination. Surely Mr. Pearcy will realize he's beaten, and get out?

March 15, 2016

GOTV in all states, from Chicago, Illinois

Election Night Rally at Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #758 on: July 10, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »

Stephen Pearcy responses to Senator Warren on social media

Hey senator Warren you don't control the Republican primaries and I think you should stick to attacking your democratic opponent and trying to win your party's nomination!!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #759 on: July 10, 2017, 06:49:26 PM »

President Obama Welcomes Prime Minster Justin Trudeau to White House; Discusses Climate Change, Cuba & Trade

White House Busy Preparing for Obama Trip to Cuba
Press. Sec. Josh Earnest calls the trip part of Obama's 'Cuba Thaw'
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #760 on: July 10, 2017, 07:22:36 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2017, 06:07:02 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's speech in Tampa, Florida in response to Elizabeth Warren

Elizabeth Warren thinks she can win Florida against us on Election Day. We're going to prove her wrong because I know Florida much better than her. I was born here, I was raised here and I am proud to be serving Florida as a state representative and as Senator.

As a Cuban-American, I understand the struggles of America's Hispanic community. TheHispanic community is suffering the constant tax and regulation increases of the last eight years. The people are afraid about the future and lost their jobs. Hispanics are working twice as hard and are making half as much their kids are graduating college and they are struggling to find a job and they are stuck with student loans. This is real life and I think Barack Obama is going to be held account for that. He is going to have to explain to all Americans, including Americans of Hispanic descent, why things are not getting better despite the fact that he's gotten everything he's asked, including taxpayers' money, and that's why my approach is going to create an appeal to all Americans, including Hispanics.

El tema prioritario para la comunidad hispana es la economia y el empoderamiento economico que reforzar la capacidad que trabajar duro y dar a nuestros ninos un futuro mejor. Our argument is a strong one : we are supporters of American free enterprise system which makes it easier for people to prosper and to live the American Dream. We have to make the connection with limited government and free enterprise. My parents worked every single day to work to give me and my siblings opportunities that they didn't have. There's only one economic system in the world that that's possible in time and again and that's the American free enterprise system. And the reason why Americans of Hispanic descent will support our pro-growth agenda is because the Democrats, including Senator Warren, are trying to dismantle the American free enterprise system--the only system in the world where parents like mine, who work hard and play by the rules, can give their children the opportunities they themselves did not have. That's why we're going to win the Hispanic vote here in Florida and also across the country. We are the Grand Opportunity Party.

[Applause from the crowd]

Another reason why we're going to win Florida on Election Day is because Florida voters strongly disapprove the Iran nuclear deal, one of the worst deals we've ever made in America's history. In fact, 61 % of Florida voters oppose this anti-American deal, 61 %. You know why? Because this so-called deal is giving concessions to those who shouted « Death to America » by lifting the sanctions against Iran, which is allowing Iran to get the necessary revenues from the lifting of these sanctions to sponsor international terrorism and to keep developping nuclear weapons, thus making them able to destroy our allies, including Israel, and to launch nuclear attacks against the United States, thus causing a nuclear war and millions of deaths. And yet, Senator Warren supports the Iran nuclear deal.

[Crowd boos]

When I'm President, we will repeal this deal in order to stop Iran from getting the necessary capitals to get nuclear weapons and to support terrorism and we will put in place a anti-missile shield that will help us to intercept and destroy any missile launched by Iran against us and our allies. That's the right way to ensure peace without war.

[Crowd applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

And Floridians are proud of their Senator and his accomplishments in the Senate. I cosponsored the AGREE Act that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital and gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise. I sponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act, which required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses, because increasing regulations is bad for the economy and will keep stopping small businesses to create jobs while most of the jobs come from small business. I successfully sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure that empowered the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats. I pushed for Venezuela human rights sanctions that passed into law in order to condemn the tyrannical Venezuelan regime of Nicolas Maduro and to promote freedom and democracy in this country. The passage of my sponsored Girls Count Act increased U.S. foreign assistance on the establishment of birth registries to properly document childbirth and prevent kids' exploitation, trafficking or exclusion from society. I authored legislation that became law and that sanctions Hezbollah and, by extension, Iran for supporting terrorism. And, in order to stop North Korea from reinforcing its nuclear arsenal and to keep us safe against the North Korean threat, I co-sponsored the North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act of 2016 that increased sanctions against North Korea and against companies or banks that transfer dollars to the regime of Kim Jong-un who would have used these capitals to fund the development of its nuclear arsenal.

So the bottom line is, these are all factors that explain why we will win Florida on November 8 and across the country against whoever the Democrats will nominate.

[Crowd applauds]
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #761 on: July 10, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »

Pearcy in a rally in  Cincinnati Ohio

The TPP if we don't withdraw will job manufacturing Jobs that this city and Ohio have been known for.

Jobs like steel manufacturing and a very surprisingly a very important one around here making wooden bats for Major League Baseball the ones that you see MLB players like Bryce Harper or Mike Trout use in games will be shipped off to Japan and we will get taxed.

I will save your jobs as your president!!

Rally in Raleigh North Carolina

Now I believe the climate is changing however despite what Al Gore says this isn't something the government can stop. In fact it has made it worse.  What I believe how you can stop global warming is not the government dealing it with taxpayer dollars but with a  voluntary group that cares more about the issue and that and get together and stop the madness.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #762 on: July 10, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »

Bill Gates responds to Senator Warren's attacks

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Post interview, Sanders vowed to release all his fundraising reports to the public, and Gates vowed the same for his financial transactions. The immediate ones released proved Senator Warren's claims to be unfounded, as Gates has not donated a cent to the Sanders campaign
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #763 on: July 10, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »

Republican Debate:

People in Ohio are concerned about jobs. Most Americans label it as the top issue facing the next president. what is your plan to create and in some cases bring back jobs to the United States?

One of the reasons why I won in Michigan is because I went there and proposed the right solutions to our problems, conservative free-market solutions.

The American people, including the people of Ohio, is concerned about jobs because President Obama's big government policies that imposed taxes and regulations, that diminished free enterprise as well as the American Dream and that made America a hard place to do business. All of this resulted to the slowest economic progress in America's history. That's why the economy is the main issue of this election. I lived the American Dream as a son of Cuban immigrants, I am a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation. I know what it takes to create jobs.

Under my presidency, we will boost job creation and get America to permanent economic prosperity by reducing government spending, by cutting taxes and regulations on the American people, getting to energy independence by taking advantage of our oil, gas, coal, nuclear, wind and solar energies, ensuring America's competitiveness in the world economy through the continuation of our quest for new open markets, reforming our education system through the promotion of school choice in order to make education accessible for all, balancing our budget and championing businesses.

And the reason why American jobs are shipping overseas is because this administration is making our country a harder place to do business, because they are overtaxing and our manufacturing industry and because we have the highest corporate tax rate among developed countries, which is 40 %, while Singapore has the upper hand in trade deals by having the lowest corporate tax rate in this same category of country, which is 17 %. So the right way to bring American jobs back here in the United States is not to rip our trade deals, which is anti-free market and not conservative at all, but to make America the best place in the world to start and expand a business and to create jobs. As President of the United States, I will bring our jobs back by cutting taxes and regulations on America's manufacturing industry and manufacturing businesses, which will make it more competitive, more dynamic and more able to do business and to create jobs in America. I will also bring jobs back and create more American jobs by lowering the cost of doing jobs in America and by reducing our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 %, which will help us to compete with our economic partners and make America a much better business-friendly environment.

That's how we're going to create jobs through American competition and free market solutions while bringing American jobs back in our country.

Governor John Kasich expanded medicaid in his state and has called it 'essential to the people who need it' given the complexities of health care, and your plan to repeal Obamacare how do you resolve the health care situation in this country without ensuring that potentially millions of people lose their coverage?

Well Jake, Obamacare is the problem of all this mess in addition of being of one of the most job-killing policies ever put in place by the Obama administration. Obamacare is the reason why so many people are losing their coverage because it cut millions of dollars in Medicare, which is harming our seniors by depriving them of their coverage. My mother, Oriales, is herself on Medicare and Social Security and I am against anything that is bad for my mother and for every single American.

As President, I will create an advanceable, refundable tax credit that can be used by all Americans to purchase health insurance. The value of these credits should grow annually, and we should set the tax preference for employer-sponsored insurance on a glide path to make certain that it will make the level of the credits fair within a decade. This will avoid large-scale disruptions and reform a provision in our tax code that has increased up health costs, hurting those who are self-employed and preventing Americans from having truly portable health insurance plans that travel with them regardless of where they work.

I will reform insurance regulations to reduce costs, promote innovation and protect the vulnerable. Those with pre-existing conditions should have access to affordable care through mechanisms such as federally-supported, actuarially-sound and state-based high risk pools. Our people should be able to buy coverage across state lines so they can seek out affordable coverage regardless of where they live. And consumer-centered products like Health Savings Accounts should be encouraged and expanded. There is no single reason to ask  taxpayers to bail out an insurance company that loses money, as is currently the case under ObamaCare. By the way, my efforts in the Senate to defund Obamacare saved taxpayers 2.5 billion dollars that would have otherwise been used to bailout these insurance companies.

And I will fight to save and strengthen Medicare and Medicaid by placing them on fiscally-sustainable paths. Without reforms, these programs will eventually run out of money. We must move Medicaid into a per-capita block grant system, preserving funding for its recipients while freeing states from Washington mandates. While current seniors on Medicare, like my mother, should see no changes to the program, future generations should be transitioned into a premium support system. A premium support model will empower seniors with choice and market competition just like Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D already do.

Repealing Obamacare is also essential to save the 10th amendment of the Constitution of the United States. My healthcare plan will free states from many Obamacare burdens. It will oblige the Secretary of Health and Human Services to grant all state waiver requests unless they increase federal spending, and to issue a final decision on waiver applications within six months of receiving them. Under current law, waivers are at the secretary’s discretion and there is no deadline. The new waiver process will let states reduce premiums and health-care costs by bypassing a broad array of ObamaCare provisions, including benefit mandates and requirements that all individual policies be part of a single risk pool. All of this new flexibility will substantially improve Washington’s fidelity to the 10th Amendment. It will give governors and state legislators the ability to reduce health-care costs for those who’ve struggled in the ObamaCare era. It will help them to devote limited resources to those most in need. My healthcare plan represents the greatest expansion of state sovereignty in generations, which is why, when I become President, we will have the greatest opportunity to repeal and replace Obamacare for the sake of our healthcare system and for the sake of the Constitution of the United States.

Top qualities in the next Supreme Court Justice and do you have anyone in mind?

Well first of all, there is a lot of qualified Americans who are proud to defend their values and rights that are defended by the Constitution of the United States. So my list of potential nominees is long.

Here are the top qualities the next Supreme Court Justice must have : the next Supreme Court Justice must be a constitutional conservative who will protect every single unborn child from death caused by abortion, defend the Second Amendment as well as the right for all Americans for self-defense, freedom of religion, freedom of press and freedom of speech.

That way, we will have a pro-freedom Supreme Court and all American values that make America great will be preserved, protected and defended.

Legalizing marijuana?

I personally believe that legalizing drugs would be a great mistake and that any reductions in sentences for drug crimes should be made with great care. We need to enforce federal laws even where states have legalized pot.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #764 on: July 10, 2017, 09:24:34 PM »

Roe vs. Wade? Overturn or let it stand?

I will overturn it because abortion is never good. Abortion is a human rights issue. I will look for ways to limit the number of abortions in this country, including those late term abortions, where children who are viable outside the womb are still being killed. I believe that every single human being is entitled to the protection of our laws, whether they can vote or not. Whether they can speak or not. Whether they can hire a lawyer or not. Whether they have a birth certificate or not. And I think future generations will look back at this history of our country and call us barbarians for murdering millions of babies who we never gave them a chance to live.

Climate change? Real or not?

As I said, there's never been a time in Earth's history when the climate has not changed because the climate has always been changing. But this is not government's role to handle it by taking taxpayers' money away from them.

Here's my plan to face these challenges. We will reduce taxes and regulations on America's energy industry and promote oil drilling and production here in America in order to make sure that our country will take advantage of all of our sources of energy, which will create hundreds of thousands of new jobs. We will use a part of the revenues from oil drilling to develop renewable energies such as wind, nuclear, solar and hydroelectric energies, which will contribute to further job creation in America and help us to improve our environmental footprint without hurting our economy.

Batman vs Superman?

Batman.

Closing Statements:

Thank you Ohio for hosting this debate in a state that always went to the winner of every presidential election since the 1960s. We are a great, incredible and beautiful nation. My parents wanted me to have the opportunity to live out all the dreams they once had for themselves. And that was possible because America is a special country. But that was not an accident. America is great because each generation before us did what needed to be done. They solved their problems, they confronted their challenges. They embraced their opportunities. And for over two centuries, each generation has left the next better off. We now have a President who is diminishing the American Dream and opportunity through big government policies. Opportunity does not come from government, but from free market and free enterprise. That's why I will restore free enterprise as President in order to revive opportunity as well as the whole American Dream. America's greatness also comes from a stronger national security, which requires a stronger and modernized military that will help us to defeat international terrorism. Barack Obama has not been willing to do that, but I will accomplish this duty of defeating radical Islamic terrorism.

I cannot wait to stand on that stage with Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders and say, " You are asking for a third term of a failed administration. You are asking for millions more to remain in stagnant jobs; for millions more steelworkers to be out of work; for wages to remain low; for young people not to have a future."

We can do better. We can instead repeal Obamacare, abolish the IRS, unleash millions of jobs, defend the Bill of Rights, defend the Second Amendment and religious liberty, stand with our cops and our firefighters and our soldiers, and we can keep America safe.

So now the moment has arrived for our generation to do our part. And I'm telling you tonight, if you vote for me, when I'm elected President, this generation will do its part. We will do whatever it takes to ensure that our children inherit from us, what we inherited from our parents, the single greatest nation in the history of all of mankind.

Thank you

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #765 on: July 10, 2017, 09:27:45 PM »

1.Well I have been focusing on Jobs and the economy very much throughout this campaign and trying to bring back Free Market principles to this country.

One of the main reasons why Ohio is so messed up is because of NAFTA and also the TPP which would be just as bad if it comes into being.

I can say the same thing for the rest of the rust belt.  It's not free trade it's gobalism. Now I am for free trade but NAFTA and TPP whatever isn't free trade despite it being called that.

2.In a administration of mine I will get the person be and not try to get the government involved in their married life or sex life persay.

I think it's horrible to think the government would get into our private lifes like what we do in our bedrooms and what we do in our house it's absurd.  As President I will stop the NSA spying and let the people be in peace.

3.Cause I am a different kind of Republican. Someone who isn't like McCain or Romney. Someone who the American people want not basically like with McCain someone who was basically the same thing for 4 more years and who had a running mate who was hard to control or Romney who insulted 47% of the country. Stephen Pearcy is someone who will fighting not for donors or corporations and for the D.C. elites but for the actually breathing living American people.

4.I fully support the legalize of Marijuana. I don't see no harm in it what so ever and if you know me you would know that I have been near a lot of stuff that is even worse than  marijuana.

5.I want to defund Planned Parenthood and I am pro life but I think that the government should get out of abortions and should stop making taxpayers pay for it.

6.I do believe the climate is changing but I think the government is making it worse. I believe that it's something that you and a group of your friends can set out to do without the goverment's help.

7.Tough one *laughs*. I grew up watching Adam West's Batman back in the 60s but I loved Christopher Reeve's Superman Movies so I don't know tie!! *laughs*

8.I think the Republican Party needs to go into a different direction than carrer politicians or insiders. They need to pick someone like me who isn't a politician and actually can get people exicted to vote for. Thank you and I like to thank Senator Rubio and for the  COPD for this event tonight.

Debate Reaction:

Who won the Republican Primary Debate?

✓ Marco Rubio: 58%
Stephen Pearcy: 32%
Draw: 6%
Neither: 3%
Unsure: 1%

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #766 on: July 10, 2017, 09:35:41 PM »

I may need a 30 minute extension.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #767 on: July 10, 2017, 10:00:55 PM »

I may need a 30 minute extension.
Granted
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #768 on: July 10, 2017, 10:05:53 PM »

In addition, it will give you more time to post the debate answers from the Democratic debate, especially if you received their answers.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #769 on: July 10, 2017, 10:30:11 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 07:15:50 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule March 9-March 15 2016, Part 1

March 9
-Flight to Miami, Florida
-Meet with voters in Miami, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Speech at American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott :

It's great to be here, back at home in Miami. It's hard to believe that just two decades ago, my father was just a bartender working in the city. And now his son stands here as a candidate for the highest office in the land. My parents never wanted me to go into politics or in particular or anything else. They just wanted me to have the opportunity to live out all the dreams they once had for themselves. And that was possible because America is a special country. America's greatness is formed by economic freedom and free enterprise, by a strong national security through a stronger military and stronger alliances and by our constitutional rights. As President, I will follow and defend these principles and values for the sake of a New American Century.

-Meet with Hispanic voters at Little Havana in Miami, Florida in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Meet with college voters at the University of Miami in Miami, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott in an effort to attract young voters
-Immigration policy speech in Miami, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Trade policy speech at the Port of Miami in Miami, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Speech at Miami Beach Hispanic Community Center in Miami, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott in an effort to attract Hispanic voters and Cuban-American voters
-Fundraising event at the Four Seasons Hotel and Tower in Miami, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Meet with voters in Tampa, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Rally with voters at Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida
-Economic policy speech in Tampa, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Speech at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Foreign policy speech in Tampa, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Meet with voters in St. Petersburg, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Meet with voters in Orlando, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Rubio spends time with family through an amusement tour with his wife Jeanette and his four children Amanda, Daniela, Anthony and Dominick at the Walt Disney World in Orlando, Miami
-Rally with voters at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Space policy speech in Orlando, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Speech narrating all of Rubio's Senate accomplishments as Florida Senator in Orlando, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Meet with voters in Jacksonville, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Energy policy speech in Jacksonville, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Foreign policy speech at Naval Station Mayport in Jacksonville, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Fundraising event at the Florida Theatre in Jacksonville, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Meet with voters in Tallahassee, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Meet with college voters at the Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott in an effort to attract young voters
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Tallahassee, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Economic policy speech at the Tallahassee Automobile Museum in Tallahassee, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott
-Speech at Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, Florida with Jeb Bush and Rick Scott in an effort to woo African-American voters

March 10
-Flight to Toledo, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Toledo, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Breakfast with voters at Tony Packo's Cafe in Toledo, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with college voters at the University of Toledo in Cleveland, Ohio where the Florida Senator manages to recruit several young volunteers
-Economic policy speech at Jeep headquarters in Toledo, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Rally at the Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Dayton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with college voters at the University of Dayton in Dayton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Manufacturing policy speech in Dayton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Energy policy speech in Dayton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Foreign Policy speech at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Education policy speech in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Manufacturing policy speech in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with college voters at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman in an effort to win among young voters
-Rally with voters at the Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Speech at Southern Theatre in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Economic policy speech at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Fundraising event at Columbus Museum of Art in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Agricultural speech at Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Marco Rubio debates with Stephen Pearcy at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #770 on: July 10, 2017, 10:39:51 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2017, 10:41:26 PM by NHI »

Bernie Sanders' debate answers will be held until tomorrow night, therefore Democratic debate will be reposted tomorrow night. 11 PM EST

Results are going up as planned.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #771 on: July 10, 2017, 10:41:20 PM »

But will we have the results in the results in the U.S. Virgin Islands tonight?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #772 on: July 10, 2017, 10:41:38 PM »

But will we have the results in the results in the U.S. Virgin Islands tonight?

Results are going up as planned for March 10/12
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #773 on: July 10, 2017, 10:43:46 PM »

March 10th and 12th Contest Results:

Marco Rubio Scores Big Wins
FL. Senator won crushing victories in all contests.

Sanders & Warren Battle For Democratic Nomination
Sen. Warren bested Sen.Sanders in a close contest.

US Virgin Island Caucuses: (Republican Only)
✓ Marco Rubio: 99.99% (6)
Stephen Pearcy: 0.01%

Wyoming Caucuses: (Republican Only)
✓ Marco Rubio: 89.77% (26)
Stephen Pearcy: 10.23%

Guam Republican Convention:
✓ Marco Rubio: 100.00% (9)
Stephen Pearcy: 0.00%

Northern Mariana Island Caucuses: (Democratic Only)
✓ Elizabeth Warren: 51.99% (5)
 Bernie Sanders: 48.01 (5)

Washington, DC Republican Convention:
✓ Marco Rubio: 99.00% (19)
Stephen Pearcy: 1.00%

Delegate Count:
Marco Rubio: 823 (25 Contests Won) (59.55%)
Stephen Pearcy: 225 (2 Contests Won) (37.54%)

Elizabeth Warren: 711 (13 Contests Won) (49.98%)
Bernie Sanders: 682 (11 Contests Won) (49.92%)

Latest Polling: National and Statewide

Gallup: Republican and Democratic Primary

Marco Rubio: 64%
Stephen Pearcy: 31%

Elizabeth Warren: 49%
Bernie Sanders: 48%

Florida:
Warren: 49% (+3)
Sanders: 46%

Rubio: 75% (+51)
Pearcy: 24%

Illinois
Sanders: 49% (+4)
Warren:  45%

Rubio: 69%(+39(
Pearcy: 30%

Missouri:
Sanders: 48% (+1)
Warren: 47%

Rubio: 71% (+44)
Pearcy: 27%

North Carolina:
Warren: 51% (+7)
Sanders: 44%

Rubio: 70% (+41)
Pearcy: 29%

Ohio:
Warren: 48% (Tied)
Sanders: 48%

Rubio: 66% (+35)
Pearcy: 31%

Northern Mariana Islands Republican caucuses (No Change)
Rubio: 85%
Pearcy: 10%

General Election Polling:

Marco Rubio: 47% (+7)
Elizabeth Warren: 40%

Marco Rubio: 47% (+5)
Bernie Sanders: 42%

Elizabeth Warren: 46% (+5)
Stephen Pearcy: 41%

Bernie Sanders: 48% (+7)
Stephen Pearcy: 41%

Marco Rubio: 40% (+6)
Elizabeth Warren: 34%
Mark Cuban: 19%

Marco Rubio: 37% (+5)
Bernie Sanders: 32%
Mark Cuban: 25%

Elizabeth Warren: 32% (+6)
Stephen Pearcy: 26%
Mark Cuban: 26%

Bernie Sanders: 30% (+3)
Mark Cuban: 27%
Stephen Pearcy: 25%

Marco Rubio: 37% (+7)
Bernie Sanders: 30%
Mark Cuban: 26%

Rubio Endorsements
leana Ros-Lehtinen, Florida congresswoman

Bill Posey, Florida congressman

Matt Gaetz, Florida congressman

Dennis A. Ross, Florida congressman

Vince Vaughn, actor

Mary Taylor, Ohio Lieutenant Governor

Randy Hultgren, Illinois congressman

Adam Kinzinger, Illinois congressman

Ann Wagner, Missouri congresswoman

Britney Spears, singer

Jim Jordan, Ohio congressman

Bob Latta, Ohio congressman

Bill Johnson, Ohio congressman

Robert Duvall, actor

Vicky Hartzler, Missouri congresswoman

Blaine Luetkemeyer, Missouri congressman

Jason T. Smith, Missouri congressman

Peter Roskam, Illinois congressman

James Caan, actor

Rodney Davis, Illinois congressman

James Woods, actor

Lenny Curry, mayor of Jacksonville (Florida)

Warren:
 Ted Strickland, John Breaux, Bob Kerrey, Ben Nelson, Patrick Murphy, John Cranley, Frank Jackson, Francis Slay, Jennifer Roberts, Charles Meeker, Sheila Simon, Gabrielle Giffords, Ann Kirkpatrick and Krysten Simena.

This round will last until Wednesday at 11 PM EST. On Wednesday (7/12) the March 15th Results will be released. *****
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #774 on: July 11, 2017, 05:56:13 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2017, 06:08:15 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's reaction to the March 10 and March 12 results on Social Media

Thank you Wyoming, Washington D.C., U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. Even though some of these contests were not in U.S. states, they make an important contribution to America's future. But as we always say : don't count your chickens before they're hatched. So let's keep the great work we're doing and we will get to 1237 delegates needed to win the Republican nomination and start the campaign for a New American Century.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies