France 2017: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:55:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2017: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France 2017: Results Thread  (Read 140859 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:44 PM »
« edited: April 23, 2017, 09:06:05 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

The takes in this thread are very, very bad. For all of the talk of Le Pen's magnificent performance among the working class and RE-ALIGNMENT, what has been missed is that this only really occurred in a few departments (Nord and Pas-de-Calais) and that both Macron and Melenchon were a non-negligible presence in every working class community. What's interesting is that Fillon was incinerated, barely beating Dupont-Aignan in some communes (!).

I guess you could point to Alsace and Moselle but Le Pen's performance in both places was pretty underwhelming imo. They both voted for her last time and the "real" reason why it appears she won both by huge margins is that Fillon collapsed (doesn't even appear Sarkozy 2012 voters shifted to Le Pen in huge numbers?).

Weak! Sad!

I'm not going to pretend to be happy about these results because Macron is awful and Nord/Pas-de-Calais produced some genuinely disturbing results but compared to my expectations in 2015 or, even in December of 2016, this is a relatively okay result, I guess. Small swing to Le Pen, collapse of Fillon, vague left-wing resurgence at the last minute that prevents annihilation, Macron sucking up right-wing voters etc. I'll take this tbh.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:59:04 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2017, 02:00:55 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Hollande has, what, a 11% approval rating? Racial minorities are not fond of the PS right now and, faced with a choice between Macron and Melenchon, voted for Melenchon, which is not surprising in the slightest considering that places like Bobigny have been fiefdoms of the PCF for decades. Many Algerians and Africans have been voting for Communists for decades.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies