France 2017: Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:43:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2017: Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 67
Author Topic: France 2017: Results Thread  (Read 139928 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: May 04, 2017, 12:50:00 PM »

Thank God Macron is winning over Neo-Nazi Marine LePen.

Pathetic and hilarious.

Macron will destroy the country entirely, if this is even possible anymore given the state of France.

Can't wait!

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1101 on: May 04, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »

Pathetic and hilarious.

Macron will destroy the country entirely, if this is even possible anymore given the state of France.
If the nazi doesn't like him I defiantly like him
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1102 on: May 04, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2017, 01:04:16 PM by TD »

Pathetic and hilarious.

I'm sorry did I offend your snowflake feelings by telling the truth about your idol LePen, who is both Neo Nazi and Russian backed? Fortunately at least you live under a strong pro European Chancellor Merkel who despises the alt right. Good thing that.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1103 on: May 04, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »

So many people calling Le Pen a Nazi.  What's your proof? She "hates" immigration (even though she just wants to set limits, not end it completely)? She hates Muslims (even though there's no proof of that).

This is just stupid propaganda.  She has flaws but is by no means a Nazi.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1104 on: May 04, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »

Nazi = anyone who opposes open borders
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1105 on: May 04, 2017, 01:29:32 PM »

this would be kind of something close to a point, if we wouldn't talk about a miss le pen.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1106 on: May 04, 2017, 01:30:17 PM »

So I just read this whole thread and boy was it bad. I hesitated a bit, but I isolated the absolute worst post of all, here it is :
He'll probably write in "myself", "Melenchon", "Lenin", "Fidel Castro" or "Hugo Chavez" or something and therefore cast an invalid vote.
Boy that was bad.

Can't handle the truth ?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1107 on: May 04, 2017, 01:30:17 PM »

Is this supposed to be serious?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1108 on: May 04, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »

this is just stupid propaganda.  She has flaws but is by no means a Nazi.

don't choke on words.

her party was built to run on a fascist message, her dad is a literal fascist, they have problems with holocaust-denials again and again and only changed recently from classical "old right" neo-nazism to cool, hip, new trendy "neo-rightism", even while big parts of the party, including her niece, didn't get the message.

besides the fact, that she is dangerous for the whole country and continent anyway.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1109 on: May 04, 2017, 01:32:43 PM »

nah, he agrees with you.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1110 on: May 04, 2017, 01:34:40 PM »

this is just stupid propaganda.  She has flaws but is by no means a Nazi.

don't choke on words.

her party was built to run on a fascist message, her dad is a literal fascist, they have problems with holocaust-denials again and again and only changed recently from classical "old right" neo-nazism to cool, hip, new trendy "neo-rightism", even while big parts of the party, including her niece, didn't get the message.

besides the fact, that she is dangerous for the whole country and continent anyway.
Her father is messed up, and so are elements of the party, but she is not.  If it were her father running, I wouldn't support him, but it's not.

And this is not "rebranded fascism".
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #1111 on: May 04, 2017, 01:35:42 PM »

Ifop poll on the debate

Who won the debate?
Macron: 47%
Le Pen: 20%

It's the biggest gap recorded by Ifop after a presidential debate.

Macron leads also on several issues.
Europe: he leads by 22 points
Unite the French people: he leads by 17 points
Convincing: he leads by 16 points.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1112 on: May 04, 2017, 01:58:38 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2017, 02:58:10 PM by Famous Mortimer »

this is just stupid propaganda.  She has flaws but is by no means a Nazi.

don't choke on words.

Basically all the connections between Le Pen and fascism are based on cultural signifiers, not policy. Additionally, they are cultural signifiers she no longer even embraces!

What "Nazi" POLICIES do people actually think Le Pen would enact if she won? Deporting illegal immigrants and disallowing additional immigration are the only ones and those aren't even inherently fascist.  
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1113 on: May 04, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2017, 02:14:18 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

Deporting illegal immigrants and disallowing additional immigration are the only ones and those aren't even inherently fascist.  

only you and people agreeing with you are even connecting those two, very american, points, which are next to useless inside of europan discussions.

her family is tainted with it and her dad got sacked not cause of his views but cause he didn't stop to share them.

personally i don't really care if she is just a hate-filled wilders-type person inside a party filled with fascists and non-fascists or a closet fascist-lite, playing a modern culturalist, she is unacceptable anyway.

if you take the word literally, even most politicans of nazi parties aren't really classical nazis anymore but far-right autocrats and putin-fanboys who detest republican values and liberalism (european meaning)....don't need any made up reasons to reject her.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1114 on: May 04, 2017, 02:28:32 PM »

do I really have to pull up her history, the National Front, the history of the LePens, and their Russian connections and all that stuff to demonstrate my point? It's such a time suck but if you insist I would be happy to demonstrate about Madam LePen.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1115 on: May 04, 2017, 02:38:32 PM »

do I really have to pull up her history, the National Front, the history of the LePens, and their Russian connections and all that stuff to demonstrate my point? It's such a time suck but if you insist I would be happy to demonstrate about Madam LePen.

Why would you need to pull up the history of the National Front?

1) Everyone on this board already knows it.

2) No one is disputing your version of it.

3) No one is asking about it.

I'm asking about what fascist POLICIES Le Pen is advocating. I'm not asking about her historic associations.

The same applies with her connections to Russia. Everyone knows it. No one is disputing it. Unlike her cultural associations with fascism, it's not even a bad thing.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1116 on: May 04, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »

Unlike her cultural associations with fascism, it's not even a bad thing.

modern putinism is quite close to crypto-fascism or at least a very religious-nationalistic kind of dictatorship, which kills and jails its enemies and everyone who is seemingly "tainting" their values.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1117 on: May 04, 2017, 02:45:18 PM »

Note I said Nazi not fascistic. I pointedly called her a Neo Nazi for specific reasons, per se the long anti-semitic connotations. There is also a strong illiberal bent with Madam LePen which I would be happy to demonstrate this evening. The poster TheSaint denied her being a Nazi; I'm contesting that and saying she definitely has exhibited serious illiberal and Neo Nazi behavior.

I'll be happy to put up a post with this information if y'all would give me a few hours.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1118 on: May 04, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »

Also are you serious in saying Putin's ties with her is good? Lol
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1119 on: May 04, 2017, 02:47:24 PM »

Unlike her cultural associations with fascism, it's not even a bad thing.

modern putinism is quite close to crypto-fascism or at least a very religious-nationalistic kind of dictatorship, which kills and jails its enemies and everyone who is seemingly "tainting" their values.

Is Le Pen advocating Putinism for France or is she just in favor of letting Russia do it's thing. The answer is the latter. That's neutral at worst.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1120 on: May 04, 2017, 02:51:19 PM »

Note I said Nazi not fascistic. I pointedly called her a Neo Nazi for specific reasons, per se the long anti-semitic connotations. There is also a strong illiberal bent with Madam LePen which I would be happy to demonstrate this evening. The poster TheSaint denied her being a Nazi; I'm contesting that and saying she definitely has exhibited serious illiberal and Neo Nazi behavior.

I'll be happy to put up a post with this information if y'all would give me a few hours.

I suspect this is going to be a bunch of articles about how she doesn't want to give Israel special treatment and she doesn't want to exempt Jews from secular laws that all non-Jews have to follow.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1121 on: May 04, 2017, 02:54:00 PM »

I suspect this is going to be a bunch of articles about how she doesn't want to give Israel special treatment and she doesn't want to exempt Jews from secular laws that all non-Jews have to follow.

How cute, you're trying to preempt me.

Actually no, since I wouldn't have a problem with that providing you aren't mischaracterizing her. But I said I would put it up later.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #1122 on: May 04, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »

I don't think it's fair to call Le Pen a neo-nazi. Her father obviously was one and there probably are some Hitler admirers left in FN, but I don't think Le Pen is an actual neo-nazi. She just is a right-wing populist. That doesn't mean she isn't dangerous though.

I'm glad that Macron won the debate. He isn't that great, but he still is a lot better than Le Pen or the French left. It's probably not going to happen, but it would be amazing if LR manages to win a majority in the legislative elections. Macron as president with a right-wing majority in parliament would be the best outcome. Baroin (or whoever becomes PM) would control domestic affairs and reform the economy while Macron would mostly control foreign affairs, which is for the best since the French right has a strange love for Putin.
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #1123 on: May 04, 2017, 03:19:44 PM »

Election night parties: in case of victory Macron will celebrate in front of the Louvre Pyramid (he wanted first the Champ de Mars, near the Eiffel Tower, but the city hall refused because of the inspection by the IOC in the next few days). Le Pen will celebrate in the park of Bois de Vincennes.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1124 on: May 04, 2017, 03:23:00 PM »

I don't think it's fair to call Le Pen a neo-nazi. Her father obviously was one and there probably are some Hitler admirers left in FN, but I don't think Le Pen is an actual neo-nazi. She just is a right-wing populist. That doesn't mean she isn't dangerous though.

I'm glad that Macron won the debate. He isn't that great, but he still is a lot better than Le Pen or the French left. It's probably not going to happen, but it would be amazing if LR manages to win a majority in the legislative elections. Macron as president with a right-wing majority in parliament would be the best outcome. Baroin (or whoever becomes PM) would control domestic affairs and reform the economy while Macron would mostly control foreign affairs, which is for the best since the French right has a strange love for Putin.

Agreed strongly. I don't want a liberal majority in the Assembly, just a center right one that opposes Russia.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 67  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies