Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:59:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 162379 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 09, 2017, 06:05:51 PM »
« edited: November 09, 2017, 06:08:51 PM by Young Conservative »

The main thing that is telling here: where are the character witnesses for Moore? Where are those who are saying he is honorable and just? The most we have heard is: "Liberal attacks! Leftist lies!" or even worse "Even if...I will not vote for Jones." No one is choosing to testify on behalf of Moore, just attempt to undermine these women's credibility.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1126 on: November 09, 2017, 06:08:19 PM »

And the thing about this is, Doug Jones winning won't flip the Senate, and it wouldn't completely halt the Republican Party's ability to legislate, and it's not like Jones is by any means favored to keep the seat if he won it, either..
I would like to add that if Doug Jones is serious about keeping this seat he won't exactly be in the chambers championing far left legislation. Doug Jones could be persuaded to vote with Republicans on some things and work with the President when it benefits his constituents. Trump won this state by 28 points. Jones won't be completely hostile to the Republican agenda.
DFL

« Reply #1127 on: November 09, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »

The main thing that is telling here: where are the character witnesses for Moore? Where are those who are saying he is honorable and just? The most we have heard is: "Liberal attacks! Leftist lies!" or even worse "Even if...I will not vote for Jones." No one is choosing to testify on behalf of Moore, just attempt to undermine these women's credibility.

Very telling--maybe they know there's more allegations on the way?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1128 on: November 09, 2017, 06:12:41 PM »

The more pro-family, anti-gay you are the more likely you are to do exactly what you preach against and try to cover it up. Moore, Josh Duggar, Scott DesJarlais, Jimmy Swaggart, Dennis Hastert, Larry Craig.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1129 on: November 09, 2017, 06:14:01 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But remember, I'm a troll. Roll Eyes
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1130 on: November 09, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »

And the thing about this is, Doug Jones winning won't flip the Senate, and it wouldn't completely halt the Republican Party's ability to legislate, and it's not like Jones is by any means favored to keep the seat if he won it, either..
I would like to add that if Doug Jones is serious about keeping this seat he won't exactly be in the chambers championing far left legislation. Doug Jones could be persuaded to vote with Republicans on some things and work with the President when it benefits his constituents. Trump won this state by 28 points. Jones won't be completely hostile to the Republican agenda.

Nah, he definitely gets Blanched no matter what if he wins so he needs to go out in a blaze of progressive glory.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1131 on: November 09, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »

Clearly deleting emails is more reprehensible than molesting children and feeding them alcohol.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928734837887954950
This isn't a democrat failure it's a culture failure

Yup. This is what I've been saying all this time as people scapegoated policy, campaigns, Hillary Clinton, or whatever else to explain Trump. Now it is clear as day for the world to see.

And the thing about this is, Doug Jones winning won't flip the Senate, and it wouldn't completely halt the Republican Party's ability to legislate, and it's not like Jones is by any means favored to keep the seat if he won it, either.. It would just be a moderate impediment to Congressional Republicans, but that's how bad it is. People would rather vote in a sexual predator than give even a tiny bit of power to the other side - even if it makes no difference in the end.

Although, I guess to be fair, a local Republican Party chairman is still a massive hack - their position demands they be, so I'm not sure if they are the best representation for this. Party people like Jerry Pow are essentially obligated to support their party 100% no matter what, even if the entire Congressional delegation is caught eating children on video.

While Jones winning does not give the Democratic Party control of the Senate, him winning would give the Democrats a much better chance of taking the chamber in 2018. Holding all Democratic seats and picking up AZ & NV is a hell of a lot more plausible than holding all of the Dem seats, picking up AZ & NV, while also taking one of TX/UT/NE/MS/TN/WY. Even if Jones wins, it will likely only be a rental until 2020, but that vote may be crucial between 2018-2020.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1132 on: November 09, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »

I don't know what to say.  If they are true, we should try to run someone else; if not, it is a real shame that someone would ruin someone's reputation with very serious allegations.

I don't want to believe this because I really liked Roy Moore, and I didn't believe it at first, but, the more I read, the more I think this is sadly true.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1133 on: November 09, 2017, 06:17:53 PM »

I hope this isn't true and if so he should drop out, but the one question I must ask is, why now? The reason for this being if these supposed victims were abused, why didn't they come forward when he could've lost in 2012.

From WaPo article:

Sounds like she didn't want to face the backlash. Also read somewhere that she was approached by someone about it this time, and was very reluctant to say.

Don't forget that Moore is just the latest in a line of powerful people whose abuses have been brought to light. It started with Harvey Weinstein and continued with Kevin Spacey and many others. (Just look at the number of people with allegations against them on the #MeToo campaign's Wiki page.) Sexual harassment was a far more taboo topic not too long ago.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1134 on: November 09, 2017, 06:24:00 PM »

So the GOP either convinces Moore to drop out, or loses a safe Senate seat, or is stuck with a far-right Senator accused of pedophilia. Bad week for the GOP.
DFL

« Reply #1135 on: November 09, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »

I hope this isn't true and if so he should drop out, but the one question I must ask is, why now? The reason for this being if these supposed victims were abused, why didn't they come forward when he could've lost in 2012.

From WaPo article:

Sounds like she didn't want to face the backlash. Also read somewhere that she was approached by someone about it this time, and was very reluctant to say.

Don't forget that Moore is just the latest in a line of powerful people whose abuses have been brought to light. It started with Harvey Weinstein and continued with Kevin Spacey and many others. (Just look at the number of people with allegations against them on the #MeToo campaign's Wiki page.) Sexual harassment was a far more taboo topic not too long ago.

Also a depressing reminder that sexual abuse allegations can bring down fake politicians but not real ones.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1136 on: November 09, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »

From WaPo article:

Also a depressing reminder that sexual abuse allegations can bring down fake politicians but not real ones.

They can bring down politicians, as long as they're Democrats.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1137 on: November 09, 2017, 06:29:46 PM »

Clearly deleting emails is more reprehensible than molesting children and feeding them alcohol.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928734837887954950

That whole tweet thread is completely disturbing.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1138 on: November 09, 2017, 06:30:23 PM »

Basically the GOP: "So what if he raped a little girl? Better than being a Democrat!"
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1139 on: November 09, 2017, 06:43:10 PM »

Grain of slat but a DC strategist from Bama is tweeting this
https://twitter.com/rockrichard/status/928766823939624960
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1140 on: November 09, 2017, 06:46:01 PM »

Apparently, the Moore campaign has been sending out fundraising emails asking supporters to defend him against the allegations. This guy is batsh**t insane.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #1141 on: November 09, 2017, 06:53:03 PM »

Remember, folks: it's not a lie if you believe it. Thus, Moore has still been following his beloved Ten Commandments through his denial.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1142 on: November 09, 2017, 06:55:24 PM »

This is the Alabama State Auditor on the allegation today. The GOP is having a moral crisis.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alabama-state-auditor-defends-roy-moore-against-sexual-allegations-invokes-mary-and-joseph/article/2640217
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1143 on: November 09, 2017, 07:02:57 PM »

Hannity, Breitbart, and the rest of the alt-right are all rallying behind Moore right now.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1144 on: November 09, 2017, 07:05:53 PM »

Very telling--maybe they know there's more allegations on the way?

That is usually the case with these stories.

Don't be surprise if there are 15-20 alleged victims when it is all said and done.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1145 on: November 09, 2017, 07:08:43 PM »

Grain of slat but a DC strategist from Bama is tweeting this
https://twitter.com/rockrichard/status/928766823939624960

Interesting...

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1146 on: November 09, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »

Pervert Roy More sided with convicted rapists while on the court:

DFL

« Reply #1147 on: November 09, 2017, 07:14:49 PM »

Hannity, Breitbart, and the rest of the alt-right are all rallying behind Moore right now.

Yeah watch him hit 60%

Any idea when polls will be released showing the early effects of this?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1148 on: November 09, 2017, 07:18:30 PM »

If AL Republicans are literally able to rationalize voting for a pedophile, where is this going to stop? How bad can a Republican get without losing his party’s support?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1149 on: November 09, 2017, 07:27:40 PM »

If AL Republicans are literally able to rationalize voting for a pedophile, where is this going to stop? How bad can a Republican get without losing his party’s support?

Can it really get much worse? I guess we'll see if they eventually nominate a mass murderer.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies