A president who stands for what is right
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:41:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A president who stands for what is right
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A president who stands for what is right  (Read 2640 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2004, 09:26:39 PM »

I am going to run for the rep. nomination. As the president i would stand up for all people no matter what your party is.  I will listen to the people and try my hardest to do what you want me to.  I am not running for the president for myself, but to help everyone in this forum.  So think before you vote what person will stand up for me.  Feel free to ask me any questions.
             Thank you for your time and God bless
                           Josh4bush
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 09:57:39 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2004, 10:03:46 PM by josh4bush »

so no question....... but if i don't answer your question right away i will.. i am at school from 8.30 -4.00 so i will not be on at that time
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 10:03:31 PM »

where do you stand on the issues
John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 10:04:33 PM »

JOSH
I WANT YOU ON MY TEAM
& A GOOD RUNNING MATE
SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 10:04:42 PM »

like....
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 10:06:10 PM »

so if i run for president i can't be your running mate?
John

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 10:07:52 PM »

WELL IF YOU LOSE
YOU CAN BE BUT IF I LOSE I WANT TO BE YOUR RUNNING MATE TP TAKE OUT NUM
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 10:07:54 PM »

taxes
gay marriage
abortion
education
guns
Iraq
war on terrorism
trade
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 10:09:53 PM »

ok john sound good
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 10:20:42 PM »

ok lets start with
 taxes- i think we need to make taxes lower on everyone and have a flat rate. Meaning that if we take 10% of taxes out, no matter what you make 10% ,or whatever % they take out, will be taking out on you
Gay marriages- i do not think it is right and i would like to see no gay marriages but have civil uions
Abortion- abortion is kill a baby who did not do anything at all, but try to live. Now if it is a life or death case yes you can also true for rape
Education- everyone needs education. As a good strong nation we need to teach our kids what they need to know so they can run the country good and well
Guns- Everyone as a right to own a gun, but i think that if you have been in jail you should not on a gun. So background checks is a very good idea
Iraq- Iraq is a war that was not for oil. Saddam was a evil man who need to be taking out of power
War on terrorism- Great idea. We need to stop terorism and fast. These people are killing people who should not have died.
Trade- we should trade to everyone, but i think if a country lets kids work and only make a dollar a week, we as a nation who don't let that happen here should not trade with them or put or jobs over there.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 10:35:31 PM »

taxes
gay marriage
abortion
education
guns
Iraq
war on terrorism
trade

could all the republican candidates state there views on these Issues
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 03:22:10 PM »

i am reposting this so people can read how i stand.. feel free to ask more questions
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 03:41:21 PM »

Josh,

Alan Greenspan has talked about raising long term interest rates by up to 50 basis points at the next meeting of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors.  He claims that this hike will prevent inflationary pressures from rising and damaging the economic recovery, but critics say that rates should stay low to aid business, particularly housing and agriculture, during the early stages of this recovery.

Where do you stand on this specific question, and on broader questions of monetary policy in general?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 03:46:52 PM »

Josh,

Alan Greenspan has talked about raising long term interest rates by up to 50 basis points at the next meeting of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors.  He claims that this hike will prevent inflationary pressures from rising and damaging the economic recovery, but critics say that rates should stay low to aid business, particularly housing and agriculture, during the early stages of this recovery.

Where do you stand on this specific question, and on broader questions of monetary policy in general?

Stop badgering the presidential candidate! He's not supposed to know this stuff. It's a popularity contest. All he needs are smiles Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy and glittering generalities. Economic rocket science is for the nerds.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2004, 03:48:16 PM »

That is a very good question.. Well I would have to say I disagree with him. The rates need to be low so more people can buy houses, business ect. Making them higher will just make people stop buying things and that is never good for the economy. Also for monetary policies the lower the taxes they better. Also like I said in another post a flat rate on taxes. Mean every one get the same amount of % taking out of there checks
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 04:26:34 PM »

I just like to tell you some things about how i believe.. I think bush is a very good president but i think he has done some things wrong in the past.  They war with Iraq was the right thing to do.  I will stand one the right for all no matter who you are! We need a strong President to run the country. One who will Unite the country and keep it running well. If you vote for me i will stand up for everyone and listen to there views!
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2004, 04:43:05 PM »

I just like to tell you some things about how i believe.. I think bush is a very good president but i think he has done some things wrong in the past.  They war with Iraq was the right thing to do.  I will stand one the right for all no matter who you are! We need a strong President to run the country. One who will Unite the country and keep it running well. If you vote for me i will stand up for everyone and listen to there views!
what has he done wrong
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2004, 04:48:51 PM »

some things with the War with Iraq. Like he needs to have some support for other countries, but not give it over to UN because they will mess it up. Also i don't think trading with China is right or some other countries that have little kids working all week long and only making a dollor per week.  But i agree with alot of the times
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2004, 05:04:01 PM »

Also for monetary policies the lower the taxes they better. Also like I said in another post a flat rate on taxes. Mean every one get the same amount of % taking out of there checks

When I said monetary policies, I did not mean to include fiscal policy.  I was talking about the money supply and the current US policy to devalue the dollar to make imports seem more expensive and exports cheaper (to foreigners), and about your general views of how to deal with inflation or deflation if the question ever arose during your term.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2004, 05:07:08 PM »

Also for monetary policies the lower the taxes they better. Also like I said in another post a flat rate on taxes. Mean every one get the same amount of % taking out of there checks

When I said monetary policies, I did not mean to include fiscal policy.  I was talking about the money supply and the current US policy to devalue the dollar to make imports seem more expensive and exports cheaper (to foreigners), and about your general views of how to deal with inflation or deflation if the question ever arose during your term.

Eh...John, considering the fact that he doesn't seem to grasp the fundamentals of monetary policy, I don't think your question really needs to be restated.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2004, 05:29:13 PM »

some things with the War with Iraq. Like he needs to have some support for other countries, but not give it over to UN because they will mess it up. Also i don't think trading with China is right or some other countries that have little kids working all week long and only making a dollor per week.  But i agree with alot of the times

But we already have assembled one of the largest coalitions of allied countries in world history to aid us in the war.  I don't buy the premise that there are more countries who are willing to help us in Iraq.  And I don't think there wouldn've been any other countries willing to help us remove Saddam under any other circumstances.  I just don't think its fair to say that Bush is making a mistake by not having more countries involved in Iraq.  What could Bush do to make unwilling nations help us in Iraq?

Your stance on trade troubles me a little.  Inserting working condition standards in to trade agreements (which is what I'm assuming you're suggesting) would severely limit the number of countries we could trade with.  Prices would rise domestically, jobs in America would be lost as the economy slowed down.  Workers in third-world countries would lose jobs as taxes and tariffs reduced the financial benefit a company enjoys by moving labor overseas.  Sweat shop workers would lose out on any opportunity to find jobs for foreign companies which typical pay better and maintain better working conditions than home-grown jobs.

Basically, a protectionist trade policy would hurt both domestic and international workers while free trade brings economic growth to all parties.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2004, 05:33:36 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2004, 05:34:08 PM by josh4bush »

but if we as a nation who do think that is right should not support it by giving our jobs to them.  
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 12:09:16 AM »

Bump for hilarity.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 12:15:31 AM »

Steve Nick is still a sofa?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 12:16:49 AM »

He disappeared one day, and never came back.  Obviously, his name was never changed.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies