The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:55:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28
Author Topic: The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread  (Read 46847 times)
I Won - Get Over It
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: May 04, 2017, 03:58:17 PM »

Will Senate make a completely new, "moderate" bill with ok CBO-score that they will send back to house? Why would house vote for it? Is it realistic?

What would be a 'moderate' GOP healthcare reform bill even look like at this point? A big part of the reason their 'reform' ideas are awful is because Democrats already took the best ideas from conservatives and put them into the ACA. Whether or not Republicans want to admit it, ObamaCare is their type of reform (although ideally I'm sure conservatives would prefer no reform at all). Everything else they've proposed is either marginal changes or straight up extremist garbage.

It was a part of my question. ApatheticAustrian wrote that
You must be logged in to read this quote.
So I assumed it would be more "moderate". So, hypothetically, if it will be moderate, how is supposed to be approved by House?

And yes, in the beginning I thought that GOP would just make a minor changes in ACA and label it as TrumpCare, the beautiful healthcare.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #501 on: May 04, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »

So far the senate GOP Nos on the current bill are Murkowski, Collins, Heller, Portman, Capito, and I believe Cotton. If you add Paul, Cruz, Lee then this bill fails 43-57.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #502 on: May 04, 2017, 04:04:11 PM »

So far the senate GOP Nos on the current bill are Murkowski, Collins, Heller, Portman, Capito, and I believe Cotton. If you add Paul, Cruz, Lee then this bill fails 43-57.

Cotton is in the Paul, Cruz, and Lee group.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #503 on: May 04, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »

Thinking about it more I am wondering if Issa is going to retire.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #504 on: May 04, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »

I agree with Mondale. I will predict the "moderate" R's in the senate to vote for passage up until they proven me wrong.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #505 on: May 04, 2017, 04:08:37 PM »

Is there anyone who still believes that Trump isn't governing like a generic Republican and that he is a populist or something like that, haha?

TBF it's debatable whether this is RyanCare/MacArthurCare or TrumpCare.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #506 on: May 04, 2017, 04:10:20 PM »

I agree with Mondale. I will predict the "moderate" R's in the senate to vote for passage up until they proven me wrong.

Murkowski and Collins won't vote to cut PP. Cotton, Paul oppose it on purist grounds. Cruz, Lee may do the same. The Portman crew doesn't even come into the picture in terms of whether this passes.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #507 on: May 04, 2017, 04:12:44 PM »

Is there anyone who still believes that Trump isn't governing like a generic Republican and that he is a populist or something like that, haha?

TBF it's debatable whether this is RyanCare/MacArthurCare or TrumpCare.

Does it really matter?  He puts his weight behind the bill, and did everything he could to bring vulnerable Pubs on board.  Obama didn't write Obamacare either, and the bill was still named after him.

For what it's worth, Ryan even said Trump helped write the bill: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/15/trump-helped-write-obamacare-replacement-bill-speaker-ryan-says.html
elcorazon

« Reply #508 on: May 04, 2017, 04:23:52 PM »

I don't believe either of the things you point out. Although he is closer to a generic Republican than a populist, that's for sure. The problem is generic Republicans are basically evil incarnate at this point. Congrats on the tax cut!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #509 on: May 04, 2017, 04:32:36 PM »

KY GOP Sen Paul on Fox. Says GOPers voted to pay taxpayer money to insurance companies.
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/860233627245924352

Mitch is a big stud and a real man of the people. He is also a master tactician. We all should have learned that from the Heist he did on the Supreme Court!

The votes will come.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #510 on: May 04, 2017, 04:36:22 PM »

KY GOP Sen Paul on Fox. Says GOPers voted to pay taxpayer money to insurance companies.
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/860233627245924352

Mitch is a big stud and a real man of the people. He is also a master tactician. We all should have learned that from the Heist he did on the Supreme Court!

The votes will come.

I never knew you were into older men or gay. Nothing wrong with that.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #511 on: May 04, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »

Will Senate make a completely new, "moderate" bill with ok CBO-score that they will send back to house? Why would house vote for it? Is it realistic?

What would be a 'moderate' GOP healthcare reform bill even look like at this point? A big part of the reason their 'reform' ideas are awful is because Democrats already took the best ideas from conservatives and put them into the ACA. Whether or not Republicans want to admit it, ObamaCare is their type of reform (although ideally I'm sure conservatives would prefer no reform at all). Everything else they've proposed is either marginal changes or straight up extremist garbage.

This is part of the damage that partisanship does. It is true that a lot of the ideas behind Obamacare were first forwarded by Republicans, but because Obama chose to advance them (as an attempt to be bipartisan after he met fierce resistance for a more left-wing program, I would note) they were abandoned for that reason alone.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #512 on: May 04, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »

Some of you guys need to chill with these low-blow attacks. Yes, these Republicans who voted for this are scumbags and I want them to lose their seats and hopefully face their conscience no less than anyone else here. In fact, I already wrote my Congressman who voted for this law a very strongly worded message of condemnation. But hoping their children get chronic conditions? Wanting them to get hit by an ambulance? Come on, you know that's not right.

http://shareblue.com/gop-lawmaker-to-constituents-who-will-die-without-health-care-they-didnt-vote-for-me/

Fck being nice.  People are going to die either way.  It's every man for himself now, remember?

Not sure what earth shattering nihilistic point this is supposed to prove. In response to the newscaster who said about a group of protesters "They  voted for you" he said they probably didn't.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #513 on: May 04, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »

TD, this has been boggling my mind for a while so why not ask here.  Why is that you dislike Medicare and Social Security but support Obamacare?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #514 on: May 04, 2017, 04:52:09 PM »

The biggest questions for me are:

1. Is there a repeal/replace bill, any bill at all, that can pass the Senate?

2. If there is, is that bill conservative enough to then pass the House?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #515 on: May 04, 2017, 04:53:41 PM »

I wish he did govern more like a populist.  He still can.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #516 on: May 04, 2017, 04:53:45 PM »

"Writing their own bill" means they will not touch this one with a ten foot poll. Flake and Heller are probably already freaking out.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #517 on: May 04, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »

HEADS UP: Cook Political to make around 2 dozen ratings changes: Health vote puts pressure on vulnerable GOP reps
https://twitter.com/HeidiPrzybyla/status/860245354675130377
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #518 on: May 04, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »

Also, in the mere hours that have passed since the House voted, DailyKos has raised nearly $250K for a fund dedicated to the eventual Democratic opponents of the 24 most vulnerable Republican YES voters.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/4/1658882/-Want-to-take-immediate-revenge-on-House-Republicans-who-voted-to-destroy-health-care-Here-s-how
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #519 on: May 04, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »

Also, in the mere hours that have passed since the House voted, DailyKos has raised nearly $250K for a fund dedicated to the eventual Democratic opponents of the 24 most vulnerable Republican YES voters.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/4/1658882/-Want-to-take-immediate-revenge-on-House-Republicans-who-voted-to-destroy-health-care-Here-s-how
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #520 on: May 04, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »

It's funny how they really even haven't read the bill, yet RUSHED to vote on it without the CBO score after having the NERVE to complain that the ACA was rushed. AYYY LMAO, this bill is DOA in the Senate.

What a bunch of cucks and hypocrites.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #521 on: May 04, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »

Is the Senate actually gonna pass this crap?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #522 on: May 04, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »

Is the Senate actually gonna pass this crap?

No, and they're not going to vote on it either. They may be able to agree on a very very very stripped down version of something resembling a repeal.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #523 on: May 04, 2017, 05:35:34 PM »

It just makes me sick looking at how well other healthcare systems work. You can get a hip replacement with practically no cost in countries like Canada and the UK and the Republicans are here trying to make things worse and to save billionaires a couple extra bucks.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #524 on: May 04, 2017, 05:37:26 PM »

Wow Senate is already drawing up it's own bill http://www.mediaite.com/online/senate-reportedly-wont-even-vote-on-house-health-care-bill-will-write-their-own/
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies