Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:44:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Not a democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 195

Author Topic: Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?  (Read 6014 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »

If Trump were running for re-election against Hillary and it was held today, Hillary would almost certainly win, by 2012 margins, if not 2008.

Obviously, that could change by November 2020, but it probably won't. I'm not saying we should Hillary in 2020, just that I doubt she'll blow it if we do.

She'd lose by three points.

Undecideds wouldn't break evenly when Trump has a 53% disapproval rating. This is irrelevant anyway.

Her favorability is lower than Trump's right now. (Source)

A more recent Harvard-Harris poll had it at 43/52 compared to Trump's 44/51. Statistical noise.

So she's basically as well liked as Donald J. Trump.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »

If Trump were running for re-election against Hillary and it was held today, Hillary would almost certainly win, by 2012 margins, if not 2008.

Obviously, that could change by November 2020, but it probably won't. I'm not saying we should Hillary in 2020, just that I doubt she'll blow it if we do.

She'd lose by three points.

Undecideds wouldn't break evenly when Trump has a 53% disapproval rating. This is irrelevant anyway.

Her favorability is lower than Trump's right now. (Source)

A more recent Harvard-Harris poll had it at 43/52 compared to Trump's 44/51. Statistical noise.

So she's basically as well liked as Donald J. Trump.

If raw favorability was actually a good determinant of vote preference, Hillary would've won by 5 points in the election. Approval ratings of an incumbent president, on the other hand, have been better predictors.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2017, 07:40:18 PM »

Well then by all means she should jump in and reclaim her destiny in 2020.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2017, 09:24:24 PM »

Well then by all means she should jump in and reclaim her destiny in 2020.
It is her turn didn't you know?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2017, 12:15:15 AM »

Clinton and Trump were both very unpopular, and while Trump was slightly more unpopular it really made no difference as the swing voters were those who disliked both candidates. Due to the Comey letter they swung to Trump and gave him the win.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2017, 12:32:55 AM »

I'm kind of torn on this. On the one hand, they'd both probably lose, and a Clinton loss would be better for the party in the long run than a Sanders loss. On the other hand, Sanders would have a slightly higher chance of winning, so....
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2017, 12:36:43 AM »

Clinton and Trump were both very unpopular, and while Trump was slightly more unpopular it really made no difference as the swing voters were those who disliked both candidates. Due to the Comey letter they swung to Trump and gave him the win.

Comey letter or not, those undecided voters were largely people who just couldn't quite figure out if they could stomach voting for Trump until the day came and they did.

It's better we deal with the Trump now than 2020. And I'm not talking about Trump specifically; just the right wing populist wave that's acted as a successful alternative to contemporary liberalism for many working class people.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2017, 01:12:53 AM »

So despite Trump being a major f**k up, Clinton went from +2% in the PV to -3%, a 5% win. How much more unpopular will she get?

Let's go Hilldawg! Still her turn !
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2017, 01:01:52 PM »

I think it's more accurate to say that they either went third party or simply didn't show up--many states that flipped had significantly lower turnout (for both sides in some cases) than 2012.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2017, 02:27:20 PM »

I would support Sanders. Clinton is way too 'meh'
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2017, 10:44:05 PM »

I voted Clinton 2016; I won't again. Ethics matter. I'll proudly vote Sanders but be pretty pissed at the Democratic Party and Iowa and NH for recycling the same (sorry but) old candidates. Seriously, if Ia and NH do this we should kick them into June.
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2017, 06:45:44 PM »

Would've voted sanders if I legally could at the time in 2016, Clinton 100% now (unless trump was popular)

And progcanada, stop being such an a**.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »

Bernie sucks. I would support HRC though it would be hard. Hopefully it will NEVER come to this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies