Goldwater's Nephew to Run for AZ Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:25:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Goldwater's Nephew to Run for AZ Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Goldwater's Nephew to Run for AZ Governor  (Read 1435 times)
M

« on: July 31, 2005, 08:14:54 AM »

Looks like someone's trying to pull a casey:

From the Chicago Sun-Times

Ignoring the bias of the article ("..right-wing US senator.."), if he is a credible candidate, then the GOP should run with him. Napolitano has been a real queen lately and it's time the GOP takes her down a peg or four.

How is that bias? Any republican will tell you that Goldwater was right wing and proudly so.

The bias lies in the fact that the reporter felt the need to label the Republican as a "scary" right winger, and not label the Democratic governor in the same fashion (ex. "Napolitano, the liberal incumbent governor...").

And that's not even the thrust of my post: Goldwater clearly is running on his dad's name, like Casey in PA clearly is.

So what did President Bush Jnr do?

Sorry? Neither George Herbert Walker Bush (41) nor George Walker Bush (43) have a namesake son, so there could not possibly be such a person as President Bush Jr.

Goldwater states in his book "Why Not Victory?" something along the lines of "when I got to Washington, they called me a conservative and though that would be the death of me. When I hung around, they started calling me arch-conservative. When they remove the hyphen, I'll have won."

Googling "arch conservative", it looks like the Goldwater revolution has been victorious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies