Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:34:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think Chez Nous will get seats?
No, they won't get even 2,5% in Wallonia and Brussels  (what would happen accoding to recent polls)

No, but they will get votes in the 2,5%-4,99% rango in Wallonia and/or Brussels

No. They will pass the 5% threshold in Wallonia and/or Brussels, but somehow they won't get seats.

Yes, they will get 1-2 seats

Yes, they will get more than 2 seats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024  (Read 139651 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« on: March 25, 2017, 05:17:48 PM »

I've been hoping someone would set up something like this.

How much do the cross-community parties with the same ideology actually collaborate? For example, how much do the PS and the PS.a have to do with each other?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »

The process probably started in 1968 and will end when the next World War happens.

If it does split up, does Wallonia join France? I've heard it is not too unpopular as an option
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:18:27 PM »

Sort of tenuously linked to the langugage question - but what is the political identity of Brussels? Does it see itself as a francophone city, and solidaire with Wallonia? Or does Brussels consider itself to be a separate entity in its own right?

I guess the the same question would go for Halle Vilvorde, do they see theselves as Flemish or Bruxellois? or is it just too messy to say?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »

Thanks Rogier, that's fascinating.

What is up with the relative PS stronghold on the French border in Luxemburg province? I had a quick look and there doesn't seem to much there at all in the way of population centres.

Also, I think I read somewhere recently that Wallonia is actually growing faster that Flanders at the moment, is that something that people are starting to experience, or does any sign of revitalisation still seem along way off?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:03:32 AM »

What's up with the sudden increase in the Ecolo numbers?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 05:27:19 PM »

When will Belgium split? This country never made any sense to me. The best would be to partition it between the Netherlands and France.
See, this is why people don't like the French...
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 05:43:07 AM »

Well, um, I was going to make a tongue in cheek point about how the French think that they basically own the whole of la francophonie but, uh..

Anyway, the principle point is that most Belgiums actually feel Belgian, and afaik there is actually a tendency towards accepting more refederalisation by the Flemmish at the moment; where even segments of CD&V are starting to be open to the idea
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 06:42:36 AM »

Plenty of countries are artificial creations made to suit elites; which is part of the reason why nationalism is a scourge - but it doesn't mean Belgium is less of a real country than any other
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 06:24:50 AM »

Another article you and french-speakers might find interesting from BePolitix with a nice run down of how the parties in WalloBrux are shaping up heading into tomorrow. Its very different case to Flanders though because only something like 40% of the communes in Wallonia have the same party configuration as the federal level, compared to 80% in Flanders.

https://absp.be/Blog/2018/10/08/les-elections-communales-en-wallonie-et-a-bruxelles-au-prisme-de-la-fragmentation/

Cool, so why the PTB more around Liège than Charleroi? Just traditional implantation?

Also, Antwerp seems surprisingly left wing considering its, you know, reputation. Does anyone actually vote PVDA outside of Borgehout?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 11:38:11 AM »

PS 91%
Ecolo 89%
PTB 84%
CDH 71%
Défi  65%
MR 49%
PP 21%

So the PTB are pretty meh on environmental policy then?

Also, what's the question about trade unions paying unemployment benefits?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 02:04:26 AM »

https://www.rtbf.be/info/belgique/detail_barometre-politique-vers-une-vague-verte-le-26-mai?id=10202764

New polls, probably the last big one before the election.
Main new trend is Greens in WalloBrux on the rise, and MR crumbling.

Very low key campaign so far, even the N-VA seem tired of the process before it has even begun. The local election probably  didn't help.
Two questions - what are the odds of a left led government coming out of this? left parties seem to be dominating in Bruxelles and Wallonia? (also, that poll seems wildly optimistic from a left-wing perspective, is PVDA-Groen-Sp.A getting a third of the vote in Flanders really realistic?)

Also, what exactly do the PS have to do to not be the largest party in Wallonia?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 02:28:37 AM »

Being called Jan Jambon must be a bit of a handicap if you're going after the Haredi Jewish vote Cool
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 11:50:19 AM »

What's a good place for french language coverage? I'm on RTBF at the moment, but it's not particularly user friendly
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 07:06:57 AM »

I actually have a somewhat random question, because Spotify in it's wisdom, decided to play me the club song of KAS Eupen the other day - I realised that there are actually some German speaking people in Belgium.

Meaning, what generally is their relation with the rest of Wallonia/Belgium? Do they feel like they are part of Wallonia, or like an ignored minority? Is there any irredentist sentiment with Germany hanging around?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 07:14:27 AM »

Is anyone seriously pushing for refederalisation then? I've come across various sources or figures claiming that it is a good idea (although what I read is probably very biased towards the francophones). And it does seem like the existing model is in no small part responsible for the shïtshow - and on that logic, confederalism sounds like a pretty guaranteed way to just make things worse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies