Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:14:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think Chez Nous will get seats?
No, they won't get even 2,5% in Wallonia and Brussels  (what would happen accoding to recent polls)

No, but they will get votes in the 2,5%-4,99% rango in Wallonia and/or Brussels

No. They will pass the 5% threshold in Wallonia and/or Brussels, but somehow they won't get seats.

Yes, they will get 1-2 seats

Yes, they will get more than 2 seats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024  (Read 141126 times)
warandwar
United States

« on: July 17, 2020, 11:04:11 AM »

https://www.rtbf.be/info/belgique/detail_le-roi-philippe-exprime-au-congo-ses-profonds-regrets-pour-les-blessures-du-passe?id=10532781

The King has expressed his deepest regrets for the crimes committed in Belgium's colonial past in RD Congo. He is the first royal to do so officially via a letter addressed to the Congolese President, Félix Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo.
Any movement on returning all the artefacts they've plundered and placed on display in the "Africa" museum? I'm sure divesting continued colonial holdings and paying reparations is too much of a lift.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 10:00:15 AM »

Well of course "development" is an extension of the colonial holdings. Belgium never intended for Congo to leave its control (as the infamous blackboard read "avant independence = apres independence"). The idea that what was going on up until 1920 was solely Leopold's responsibility is farcical, the idea that Belgium can handle plundered patrimony better than Congo misses the point, and Congolese politicians are no more or less venal than Belgian ones.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 11:15:08 AM »

You feel like "a Jesuit" because you owe your job to the continuance of Colonialism. Bourgeois condition. I can relate. Don't drag Laki into this, hes a bro.

BTW: What are the difference Belgian parties' attitudes towards the colonial legacy?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 08:58:27 PM »

The absurd decision of the politicians to shut down cultural activities, despite even the public health officials saying those sectors weren't the principal problem, has landed the Vivaldi into hot water. All 3 Walloon parties inside it now have parliamentarians criticising their own government. The feckless leadership of these 3 parties havr decided to blame it on the Flemish parties, only to reject any attempts by Defi and cdH to bring the debate to the respective parliaments in charge of culture.

We could see a collapse of the federal and Walloon governments by the time the holiday period is over.
The Francophone minister of culture is also now basically saying she's not going to do anything about places that decide to stay open anyway. Shambles.

She is just following a trend : police basically said they wouldn't intervene in such cases, then mayors, now high level ministers. We are also the hardest hit with the gas crisis because despite 20 years préparation we still didn't deal with energy policy and nuclear phaseout. Civil disobedience is now pretty much widespread and I won't be surprised if we see even the most feckless, benign people such as the Belgians will be on the street by mid January (finally renewing with reputation Caesar once gave us). We saw the Dutch riot for the first time in years.I refuse to vote for anything near a traditional party in my lifetime, Greens included. I may even vote N-VA just to try and block the Brussels Regional Government from forming a coalition.

Anyway Merry Christmas!
Don’t vote for the fascist-lites responsible for how broken Belgian politics is. At least swallow and vote for PVDA as a party that would not have led to this disastrous Covid response.

Litterally the only thing stopping me from voting PVDA-PTB is their stance on so called Communist dictatorships like China where they deny a litteral ethnonationalist genocide is happening.

Just read about this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_mass_killings_of_1965%E2%80%9366

WHY DO I NEVER HEAR ABOUT SUCH GENOCIDES?Huh

Despite a consensus at the highest levels of the U.S. and British governments that it would be necessary "to liquidate Sukarno", as related in a CIA memorandum from 1962,[25] and the existence of extensive contacts between anti-communist army officers and the U.S. military establishment – training of over 1,200 officers, "including senior military figures", and providing weapons and economic assistance[26][27] – the CIA denied active involvement in the killings. Declassified U.S. documents in 2017 revealed that the U.S. government had detailed knowledge of the mass killings from the beginning and was supportive of the actions of the Indonesian Army.[8][28][29] U.S. complicity in the killings, which included providing extensive lists of PKI officials to Indonesian death squads,[35] has previously been established by historians and journalists.[28][23] A top-secret CIA report from 1968 stated that the massacres "rank as one of the worst mass murders of the 20th century, along with the Soviet purges of the 1930s, the Nazi mass murders during the Second World War, and the Maoist bloodbath of the early 1950s."

IM DONE WITH IT. DONE. DONE. DONE.

I always get criticized to fail to condemn genocides or antisemitism, but why are all "the morally good people" so SELECTIVE with their genocides they mention. [and i've nothing against jews, my biggest idol is a jew, i have something against the palestinian genocide]

So stop the notion that America were always the good guys. It's not like that, and if you truly believed that, you're swayed by tons and tons and tons of mass western propaganda, and if i were them, i would start praying for my soul if i were truly religious after all.

It's just

everyone here pretends to care about genocides and than put their head into a bag of salt if a genocide they are the perpretators of (or the ideology they support is responsible or closely aligned with them) is responsible. People are also selective when they start using the term "genocide", it's anti-terrorism" if it's the enemy, it's "a genocide" if it's our side.

And at the end people only condemn genocides if they dislike the regime responsible for it.

Our nation probably cares more about the Armenian genocide than the one Leopold II did himself. The only thing in defence of Belgium is that this is the legacy of our monarchy, and one crime Leopold II (and his alleis) commited, and like with every genocide not everyone in that country is responsible for even at the time, but it should properly looked into

and our entire monarchy needs to be cancelled for this, especially Leopold II who should be removed from all historical references and purged from the fact that he once existed. Silenced to death, as the person whose name we never mention: the voldemort of belgium.
++++++++++++
warandwar
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 01:14:15 PM »

Paul Magnette : Tax the Rich!
Also Paul Magnette :

Those are quite high salaries in general, is that typical in Europe?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies