Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:04:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024 (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you think Chez Nous will get seats?
No, they won't get even 2,5% in Wallonia and Brussels  (what would happen accoding to recent polls)

No, but they will get votes in the 2,5%-4,99% rango in Wallonia and/or Brussels

No. They will pass the 5% threshold in Wallonia and/or Brussels, but somehow they won't get seats.

Yes, they will get 1-2 seats

Yes, they will get more than 2 seats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024  (Read 141109 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2023, 05:50:45 PM »

Well, we now know that grand coalitions are killer for any political movement. Of course Lenin and Marx understood this, which is why they kept political independence and ran a lengthy propaganda campaign during the First International and early 1900s against reformists and other tendencies.

PTB-PVDA is perhaps the only movement in the western world to actually follow through with this and maintain relevance by staying the course and being attuned to reality.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2023, 04:40:03 PM »

I don't even know what to say anymore.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2023, 07:22:31 PM »

"I don't support an Islami-fascist regime just because I'm a wannabe edgelord third worldist" should be enough.
But this is by Flemish En Marche cosplayers. How does that make sense?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2023, 03:19:04 PM »

"I don't support an Islami-fascist regime just because I'm a wannabe edgelord third worldist" should be enough.
But this is by Flemish En Marche cosplayers. How does that make sense?

I'm saying you should disown your insane ideology my dude
I am neither of these descriptors, certainly not compared to Vooirut.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2023, 03:26:35 PM »

Does any political party in Belgium stand for Iranian women and respect their freedom at this point?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2023, 03:01:19 PM »

I might as well post this now.

I really don’t believe PVDA/PTB has the GOTV machinery or polling strength to go further than 16-17 seats. A swelling of membership into the party to account for this has not happened to my knowledge and neither have news of its mass organizations doing particularly well. I harken back to Zinnella’s post that there could be massive inflation of junk polls by newspapers to get sales and sabotage PTB/PVDA as a whole through a concerted media psyop to waste resources on grounds that are not efficient to bear fruit. The party will gain seats and we got a year left but, like the Danish and Argentine GE polls, the polls are junk.

Further reinforcing this is a possibility of soft PTB/PVDA voters rescuing PS or whomever in grand tactical voting once pressed and the risk that there comes another populist goody package by PS or Vooruit’s apparatuses to placate voters.

By all accounts PTB/PVDA have played the cards they got better than the rest of the field and will gain seats, but not likely by 18 seats or any insane number after that.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2023, 08:58:20 AM »

Thierry Baudet has announced that Forum for Democracy will take part in the European Parliament election not only in the Netherlands, but also in Belgium. With a 5% threshold in Belgium they won't win a seat, but they could cost VB their fourth one. FVD claim they differentiate themselves from VB by focusing on abolishment (not reform) of the EU, on COVID restrictions, on Central Bank Digital Currency, on opposing NATO and "American imperialism", and on building a network within society. They compare VB to the Dutch PVV. And they announced they will organize rallies in Antwerp, Brussels, Leuven and Luik.

I wonder whether Dries Van Langenhove could be FVD's leading candidate in Flanders.

Amazing it took this long for there to be parties running in both major Dutch regions
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2023, 12:24:15 PM »

Belgium being no more would be the worst idea of the 21st century. A split into two ostensibly poorer states having to deal with border conflicts and partitioning Brussels would be a disaster. Such a split would divide communities, families, and persons into designated categories with no basis to exist.

Only fools would allow such a travesty to happen.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2024, 12:44:51 PM »

I don't mind them splitting the vote of the right wing in Wallonia tbh.
You should, as increased turnout means that PTB-PVDA wins less seats.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2024, 08:38:14 PM »

I don't mind them splitting the vote of the right wing in Wallonia tbh.
You should, as increased turnout means that PTB-PVDA wins less seats.

Turnout isn't as big a factor in Belgian elections
Any factor is big enough to get noticed.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies