538: Americans’ Shift To The Suburbs Sped Up Last Year (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:28:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  538: Americans’ Shift To The Suburbs Sped Up Last Year (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 538: Americans’ Shift To The Suburbs Sped Up Last Year  (Read 1748 times)
hopper
United States

« on: March 26, 2017, 09:34:48 PM »

I'm guessing this shift is being caused by older millennials (1980-1988) settling down and starting families?

This might be good news for Republicans in 2020. I believe that conservatives become politically active later in life compared to liberals and that this point usually starts with when they start settling down and have a family.

Uh no, this is anything but good news for Republicans.  See Loudon and Prince William County, VA voting patterns over the last 20 years for more.
NOVA is socially liberal like the rest of the Northeast States that's why its voting for Dems.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 10:24:35 PM »

I'm guessing this shift is being caused by older millennials (1980-1988) settling down and starting families?

This might be good news for Republicans in 2020. I believe that conservatives become politically active later in life compared to liberals and that this point usually starts with when they start settling down and have a family.

Uh no, this is anything but good news for Republicans.  See Loudon and Prince William County, VA voting patterns over the last 20 years for more.
NOVA is socially liberal like the rest of the Northeast States that's why its voting for Dems.

Now Virginia is part of the "Northeast" - my how times have changed.  What happens when the Atlanta suburbs start pushing the state blue, will the Northeast just extend all the way to Florida?
Well at the Presidential Level its a Northeast State now because of NOVA. At the State Level its different.

No it will just be "The East Coast" instead of "The Northeast" that extends all the way to Florida at the Presidential Level except for SC maybe.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 10:28:51 PM »

Uh no, this is anything but good news for Republicans.  See Loudon and Prince William County, VA voting patterns over the last 20 years for more.

Now Virginia is part of the "Northeast" - my how times have changed.  What happens when the Atlanta suburbs start pushing the state blue, will the Northeast just extend all the way to Florida?
The proper thing to say is that the Upper South suburban areas are trending Dem (see: Baltimore-DC corridor, also NoVa).

So are various suburbs in North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
NC-its just Charlotte and "The Research Triangle" that are trending D but that's where people are moving to in the state in droves.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 10:35:02 PM »

Uh no, this is anything but good news for Republicans.  See Loudon and Prince William County, VA voting patterns over the last 20 years for more.

Now Virginia is part of the "Northeast" - my how times have changed.  What happens when the Atlanta suburbs start pushing the state blue, will the Northeast just extend all the way to Florida?
Well at the Presidential Level its a Northeast State now because of NOVA. At the State Level its different.

No it will just be "The East Coast" instead of "The Northeast" that extends all the way to Florida at the Presidential Level except for SC maybe.

I actually agree with this.  Republicans will get the whole middle of the country except for Illinois, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and maybe Arizona.  Democrats will get the two coasts except for maybe a few states.
I don't know if IL will stay D+7 or D+8 because of a growing Latino Population or it will just get more R thanks to Cook Counties population dropping the past 2 years. Dem Presidential Candidates('12 and 16') only won Illinois because of Cook County anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies