Air America's ratings so bad in Philly; can't be measured
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:39:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Air America's ratings so bad in Philly; can't be measured
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Air America's ratings so bad in Philly; can't be measured  (Read 4143 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 04:33:57 PM »

They don't measure how many listen with Winamp because the signals suck.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 05:47:11 PM »

I couldn't care less about Air America (Franken was always a little sh**thead)...I really want Y100 back on the air.

Agree with the last part.  Hey, gotta love those Fez and Feastivals.  I had some good hookups at summeritme Feztivals and got quite high!  Though I love Al Franken!
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »

What Al is discovering is that he is not suited to live radio, andymore than Rush was suited to doing a taped TV show.  The two media are completely different and Air America relies too much on non-radio personalities at the moment.

Rushs' TV show was actually pretty good. I have read a lot of people would like to see it revived.

Didn't he say Chelsea Clinton looked like a dog on that show?

I don't remember if he did or not but their certainly was a lot of truth in that comment!

If a liberal said something like that about the Bush Twins they'd be sent to Guantanamo.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2005, 09:03:34 PM »

Flyers is right the signal for WHAT is pretty bad.  WHAT is a 1,000 watt station WPHT (huge Philly talker) is a 50,000 Watt station

And 1210 WPHT is MUCH better advertised.  Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, and Michael Smerconish is advertised on the back of SEPTA buses.  I would like to listen to 1340, but I can never get it. 

Oh yeah. Clear Republican conspiracy in one of America's most Democratic cities. You make me laugh.

Look at the NE Times and News Gleaner.

The NE Times is right wing? I used to really enjoy when you insisted that it was run by a bunch of old conservative white men yet they endorse the completely opposite person for Congress last year!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No they weren't. I saw a lot of the usual conservatives, especially Nicoletti, during the 2004 election and still do now.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2005, 09:04:36 PM »

Please run for office soon. I can't keep saving these stupid quotes for years.
danwxman

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2005, 09:23:19 PM »

There is good liberal talk out there, but none of it is on Air America.

Bill Press, Stephanie Miller and Ed Shultz are all successful and excellent liberal talk show hosts.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 09:42:09 PM »

WHAT has a crappy signal.  I think that could be the reason.

There is a problem with that being the reason.  WHAT's ratings were higher and the signal was just as crappy.  You might be able to tie poor ratings to a bad signal, but you cannot tie declining ratings to the same bad signal.

AL found that a strategy of working against someone isn't a good long term one.

Could that not tie into decreasing interest post-election?  After all, people oftentimes don't just suddenly stop listening, but rather steadily lose interest.

Yes, that was my point.  They were basically anti-Bush and they can't sustain it now that the election is over.  You can't blame it on a bad signal.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2005, 09:46:16 PM »

I may actually get elected over your sorry prudish ass.  Look at Bill Clinton!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2005, 09:48:02 PM »

Flyers is right the signal for WHAT is pretty bad.  WHAT is a 1,000 watt station WPHT (huge Philly talker) is a 50,000 Watt station

And 1210 WPHT is MUCH better advertised.  Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, and Michael Smerconish is advertised on the back of SEPTA buses.  I would like to listen to 1340, but I can never get it. 

Oh yeah. Clear Republican conspiracy in one of America's most Democratic cities. You make me laugh.

I think they have a decent control of our media.  This "liberal media" concept is utter BS.  I know people in TV that have told me this.  The Philadelphia papers have to tweak their papers left or they would alienate their audience.  Knight Ridder is a right wing conglomerate.  ANY place the media can draw right, they will.  Look at the NE Times and News Gleaner.  Of course NE Philly being left-center as opposed to the far left politics of the city as you may know gives newspapers more leeway to post more right wing material.  Unfortunately the NE Times could not continue and had to move left this past year because people were saying things like it is "Ann Coulter's Personal Blog" and the likes of Nicoletti, Mattia, and Dolan were given the mic much less because people were getting pissed that they were essentially the voice of the Northeast for a while.

While I've never bought into the Left-Wing Media Bias, some organizations are clearly left-wing, like CBS, while some are right-wing, like Fox.  I would classify the NYT as being left of center in general.

I do think it is important to realize that there is a bias.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2005, 09:55:03 PM »

I may actually get elected over your sorry prudish ass. 

I'd love to see that happen. Reading about your scandals while you're in office might be better than me getting elected.

"Representative brings friend (BRTD) to House floor; 'We thought it was a strip joint!' Proceedings for expulsion begin."
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2005, 09:58:49 PM »

I may actually get elected over your sorry prudish ass. 

I'd love to see that happen. Reading about your scandals while you're in office might be better than me getting elected.

"Representative brings friend (BRTD) to House floor; 'We thought it was a strip joint!' Proceedings for expulsion begin."

I'm sure I can create some nice soap operas on national news.  Yeah, I'd think the US Capitol would be a strip joint.  Hmm, I know you'd love to catch me in an intern scandal in 20 years.  Who knows it may happen.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2005, 09:59:56 PM »

I'm sure I can create some nice soap operas on national news.  Yeah, I'd think the US Capitol would be a strip joint.  Hmm, I know you'd love to catch me in an intern scandal in 20 years.  Who knows it may happen.

Don't flatter yourself. You won't be elected.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2005, 10:01:50 PM »

No, he won't get the intern
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005, 04:23:25 AM »

WHAT has a crappy signal.  I think that could be the reason.

There is a problem with that being the reason.  WHAT's ratings were higher and the signal was just as crappy.  You might be able to tie poor ratings to a bad signal, but you cannot tie declining ratings to the same bad signal.

AL found that a strategy of working against someone isn't a good long term one.

Could that not tie into decreasing interest post-election?  After all, people oftentimes don't just suddenly stop listening, but rather steadily lose interest.

Yes, that was my point.  They were basically anti-Bush and they can't sustain it now that the election is over.  You can't blame it on a bad signal.

While WHAT's crappy signal doesn't explain why the drop a few things.  WHAT's signal is crap & it can't compete with the big fm talkers.  Yes it did drop since the fall, but talk stations (especially Political Talk) tend to drop after major election cycles.  NY for example the conservative talk station WABC (home of Limbaugh & Hannity) has dropped dramatically since the Fall of 04 ratings).  So its expected that WHAT was going to drop (as did NYC's Air America affiliate WLIB which also has a crappy signal).  By the way the other main Philly talk statioN WPHT is also down sicne the election.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2005, 04:30:23 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2005, 08:05:17 AM »

There is good liberal talk out there, but none of it is on Air America.

Bill Press, Stephanie Miller and Ed Shultz are all successful and excellent liberal talk show hosts.

I like Bill Press.  His liberal views are "normal," not wild like some of the air heads on Air America.  Additionally, he's well educated in the political arena, so his stuff is smart and stimulating.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2005, 10:11:37 AM »

I know who Glenn Beck is (he's from here), but I'm having difficulties understanding what he has to do with this thread...
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2005, 06:47:39 AM »

OH that's right I thought you were Gabu.
People back there were talking about otehr radio personalities, so I don't see why I can't.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 09:08:54 AM »

Talk radio simply doesen't appeal to the left.  It's very hard to condense the Democratic Party's views into a talk radio form in which people sound freaking insane regardless of the fact that you sometimes agree with them.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies