The Non-Interventionists Caucus (Federalists)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:42:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Non-Interventionists Caucus (Federalists)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Non-Interventionists Caucus (Federalists)  (Read 3409 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 11, 2017, 05:10:44 AM »
« edited: July 01, 2019, 09:49:22 PM by dfwlibertylover »

This will be the HQ of the newly formed Federalist Party "Non-Interventionists Caucus". Our goal is to ensure that federalist candidates (and general candidates) do not run on or carry out interventionist (particularly nation building and regime change wars) policies, we will act based on how we feel it necessary to prevent those who would engage us in such wars from reaching political office.

Members:
DeadPrez
Pragmatic Conservative (Chair)
MT Treasurer/Tnvolunteer
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 05:12:21 AM »

X Leinad
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 05:13:11 AM »

Finally!

I thought I would never get a purely Libertarian caucus. Tongue
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 05:18:22 AM »

Kind of ironic to have a background picture of the crumbling remains of Aleppo, with all the connotations of what "non-intervention's" consequences are.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 05:20:39 AM »

Kind of ironic to have a background picture of the crumbling remains of Aleppo, with all the connotations of what "non-intervention's" consequences are.
Actually, us sending troops in would've escalated the fighting throughout Syria by a very large proportion I'd imagine. I'm surprised you know which cities you are bombing though, good job!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 05:24:34 AM »

But anyways if you want to have an actual recorded IRC debate on foreign policy I would love to do so, I'd rather not have debate gunk up this thread though, thanks!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 05:27:12 AM »

Actually, us sending troops in would've escalated the fighting throughout Syria by a very large proportion I'd imagine. I'm surprised you know which cities you are bombing though, good job!

I mean, arguing for sending troops in, and trying to broker a diplomatic solution to the two sides are very different...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 05:29:04 AM »

As I posted in the other caucuses, assuming that this is restricted to only Federalists, the elected leader will sit on the platform committee, assuming the pending bylaw amendment passes in the convention.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 05:29:45 AM »

I mean, arguing for sending troops in, and trying to broker a diplomatic solution to the two sides are very different...
Like I said, up for debate in IRC. But like, I have no problem with diplomatic solutions and that is what we should strive for. This caucus intends to stop those who wish to bring about change through war, not through peace.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 05:36:21 AM »

Like I said, up for debate in IRC. But like, I have no problem with diplomatic solutions and that is what we should strive for. This caucus intends to stop those who wish to bring about change through war, not through peace.

I think that's a bit broad... I think almost everyone desires peace. The issue stems over whether we should stay an active participant in global affairs, as the world's last remaining superpower... I am entirely open to a debate, but when you assert the idea that you would "prevent those that engage in" this opposing view from reaching public office, it worries me. As a citizen in a fair and free republican democracy, arguing for issues is what must be the goal, not discouraging others for their beliefs.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 05:37:49 AM »

I think that's a bit broad... I think almost everyone desires peace. The issue stems over whether we should stay an active participant in global affairs, as the world's last remaining superpower... I am entirely open to a debate, but when you assert the idea that you would "prevent those that engage in" this opposing view from reaching public office, it worries me. As a citizen in a fair and free republican democracy, arguing for issues is what must be the goal, not discouraging others for their beliefs.
If you want to carry out your beliefs by the use of military force, you do not deserve to be anywhere near office.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 05:42:14 AM »

If you want to carry out your beliefs by the use of military force, you do not deserve to be anywhere near office.

Again, this doesn't mean anything as it is too broad? Should we not end genocide (my belief is we should), like that of Rwanda or Kosovo, without military protection of assets like food and protection of citizens? I mean, this is my belief, which goes under your circumstances? Should I be barred from political office?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 05:44:45 AM »

NeverAgain, stop using strawman arguments and READ the goal of the caucus. The Caucus will vote on who to endorse based on their foreign policy arguments, I am obviously not so naive to believe that we must never go to war. If we are attacked or if an extreme circumstance is ongoing (aka genocide, in some cases) then yes we should intervene. You are trying to derail this with your pointless arguments, enough.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 05:47:18 AM »

Now, I am going to kindly ask that anyone in opposition to this please either A. PM me somewhere or B. make another thread, it is not fair to the members of this caucus to junk it up with your arguments. Thank you.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »

Although I'm in Labor, I fully support the goals of this caucus.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 11:55:52 AM »

Although I'm in Labor, I fully support the goals of this caucus.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 01:23:50 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2017, 01:32:14 PM by Eharding »

x Eharding

I supported Trump partly because he expressed the strongest opposition to this failed legacy.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 02:13:11 PM »

The Coolidge Society endorses and supports this caucus and would have noninterventionism as part of its policy planks.

Personally

JCL
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »

X Enduro
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 11:25:00 PM »

Elections have consequences, Nev.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 01:35:38 AM »

ok we officially have 3 members, keep signing in!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 01:37:10 AM »

x fhtagn
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 01:41:32 AM »

X PiT (The Physicist)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 01:43:13 AM »

I will set the timeline like so:

- keep letting people sign up (through Friday 5/5 11:59 PM Central) (people can still sign up after that)
- Start chair nominations (Saturday and Sunday)
- Vote on Chair (Monday through Friday, 120 hour vote)
- decide what we want to do with this (after Friday with chairperson elections)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 07:31:43 PM »

Hello,
I am running in the Southern Senate primaries this weekend. I am asking for this caucus' support in my very first campaign. My campaign is focused on caring for the people, transparency in our government, and I'm running as a staunch non-interverntionist who is against all wars of choice. I need the support of you all to win this primary. My platform is in my campaign office thread in the link below. Thank you for considering me, and I hope for the best.
Thanks,
LouisvilleThunder
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=268846.0
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies