Pataki Won't Run for Governor in 2006 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:17:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pataki Won't Run for Governor in 2006 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pataki Won't Run for Governor in 2006  (Read 5460 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« on: July 27, 2005, 01:58:15 PM »

You guys are slow. I broke this news in TS last night Wink
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 02:00:06 PM »

This really doesn't change anything.  Even if Pataki were to run Spitzer would have won in a landslide.  Thuiis just might mean by 30 points not 20

I doubt it would've been that big of a margin. His approval ratings were just begining to rise and his disapproval sink last month, I'm sure he would've been able to make it closer than 20.

ALSO F--K GIULIANI. He should be running for Governor or Senate but instead thinks he can win the Presidency because he's got a huge ego.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 05:29:38 PM »

So it looks like Pataki saved himself from an ass kicking, But I hear this Spitzer guy is an asshole with a huge ego and likes to go after corporations.  Will this Spitzer guy get 70%. I'm glad i don't live in New York.

Spitzer has done some good things but pretty much it seems to me that he is a media-whore. I'm not really sure what to expect from his governorship. People are already touting him for President so who knows, this may just be one step in his ladder.

I don't think he'll reach 70%. He's got alot of buisnessmen pissed off at him/afraid of him and god knows theres lots of them in NY. Without a doubt he'll win though unless something major happens.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 09:34:34 PM »

Giuliani should be running.  What good is he to the state party if he refuses to answer the call when needed?  His run for the presidency is a long-shot, and he'd have a better shot I would think as a sitting governor.  It seems to me that it's a pretty big leap to go from mayor to president.

Exactly. These fake 2008 polls really aren't helping Rudy either...

Rudy is really one of the reasons why NYGOP is ed. He's one of the only viable candidates for state office.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Once again you have gotten it right. The sad thing is that Pataki was probably the only chance the NYGOP had of coming close in the race. I still don't think Spitzer will get close to 70% though. I'm curious to see the state of things in 2010.

YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 09:35:34 PM »

Spitzer is the first New York politician since Teddy Roosevelt who, rather than tolerating the downright fraud in the state's business community, pursues and destroys corruption. 

I think I just vomited in my mouth.

TR is one of my idols. Spitzer is no TR.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 09:40:41 PM »

...alright then...
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 09:45:31 PM »

Spitzer is the first New York politician since Teddy Roosevelt who, rather than tolerating the downright fraud in the state's business community, pursues and destroys corruption.

He's absolutely like TR.  Teddy's record of destroying corruption has stood unchallenged for decades.  Spitzer's the only politician who has even come close to Teddy's sheer force of will.

Nothing that Spitzer has done has even compared to TR's legacy in my opinion.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 10:19:09 PM »

He's absolutely like TR.  Teddy's record of destroying corruption has stood unchallenged for decades.  Spitzer's the only politician who has even come close to Teddy's sheer force of will.

Nothing that Spitzer has done has even compared to TR's legacy in my opinion.
No other politician has even attempted to do anything to compare to TR's legacy.  Spitzer is by far the closest to meeting Teddy's challenge.

We could just keep going back and forth like this all day

"He's no TR!"
"Yes he is!"
"Nah-Uh"
"Uh-Huh"

Tongue
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 11:33:50 PM »

If he had left after eight years he would be remembered as a great governor. 

That's what I always tell people. He overstayed his welcome.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 09:27:55 PM »

He's got too much of an ego. He think's he can be President rather than just Senator or Governor...
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

In the not so distant future, Pataki won't be so much a 'has been' more a 'never was' Wink.

Wrong.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 05:01:56 PM »

In the not so distant future, Pataki won't be so much a 'has been' more a 'never was' Wink.

Dave

Pataki did some very good things in his first term as governor.  It's a shame that he didn't persevere, and was content to rest on his laurels.

Exactly. Dazzleman, you seem to know exactly what I want to say Tongue
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 09:59:13 AM »

From Politics1:

NEW YORK: It's been less than a week since Governor George Pataki (R) announced he won't seek re-election next year and the GOP in-fighting has already begun. A spokesman for Secretary of State Randy Daniels (R) -- one potential Pataki replacement -- told the New York Post that State GOP Chair Steve Minarik is actively working to block Daniels from running next year, possibly for racist reasons. "Nobody understands what Steve Minarik's problem is with Randy Daniels. Is Randy too honest? Is he too independent? Or is he too Black," asked the Daniels camp. Responded Minarik: "That's absolutely ridiculous and offensive. The problem I have with Randy Daniels is that he has less than 5 percent name recognition with the public and he doesn't have any money." Minarik and others have been actively trying to recruit billionaire businessman Tom Golisano into the GOP race -- even though Golisano has already spent millions on three consecutive failed gubernatorial races as a third party candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies