Pataki Won't Run for Governor in 2006 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:20:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pataki Won't Run for Governor in 2006 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pataki Won't Run for Governor in 2006  (Read 5522 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: July 27, 2005, 10:54:16 PM »

About the only state government in the US that's worse than New York is New Jersey, and even I'm not so sure about that.  It's all about the system in both states; at least Maryland has a respectable, fairly democratic system, which is more than I can say for either of the two statesabove.

I sincerely doubt anyone will go about fixing the major institutional problems inherent within the system up there in Albany that leads to NY state residents being given the shaft constantly (regardless of who's in charge), but we can always be optimistic.

But, I wish Spitzer good luck in his moving up to the governorship and I hope he spends as much time trying to take away power from the power brokers in Albany as he does in going after businesses.

Hopefully, he doesn't get pulled down as a reformer of a terrible system like Pataki did (after the corruption of Mario Cuomo) in these last 12 years.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 11:21:29 PM »

Hopefully, he doesn't get pulled down as a reformer of a terrible system like Pataki did (after the corruption of Mario Cuomo) in these last 12 years.

Pataki inherited an incomprehensible mess and is giving his replacement a comprehensible mess.  That is some damn fine governoring right there.

lol.   Totally agree there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies