Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:56:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 203443 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 07:09:27 AM »
« edited: January 14, 2019, 11:24:26 AM by UWS »

Republican Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Donald Trump : 18 delegates
Marco Rubio : 14 delegates
Ted Cruz : 10 delegates
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates
Ben Carson : 3 delegates
John Kasich : 1 delegate
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate
Rand Paul : 1 delegate
Mike Huckabee : 1 delegate
Chris Christie : 0 delegate
Rick Santorum : 0 delegate
Jim Gilmore : 0 delegate

2472 delegates in total
1237 delegates needed to win the nomination

Democratic Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Bernie Sanders : 42 delegates
Hillary Clinton : 41 delegates
Martin O'Malley : 0 delegate

4763 delegates in total
2382 delegates needed to win the nomination
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 07:27:25 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 02:31:34 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's speech after the New Hampshire primary

Thank you New Hampshire.

Even though we didn't finished at the top, even though we finished second here in the Granite State, we can still win the Republican nomination. Remember 1996 (when Bob Dole finished second in New Hampshire behind Pat Buchanan but still won the nomination), 2000 (when John McCain won New Hampshire largely over George W. Bush who won the nomination) and 2008 (when Barack Obama won the nomination despite finishing second in New Hampshire behind Hillary Clinton).

In this time of economic stagnation, we need to embrace free enterprise and economic freedom in order to ensure massive job creation and economic prosperity for all by cutting taxes for all the American people, which will reinforce their purchasing power, clinching energy independence through increasing oil production and drilling that will get us more revenues that will be invested for renewable energy development, expanding free trade to reduce the cost of trading and to make us competitive in the world economy, making education accessible for all of our people, balancing the budget, invest a part of future budget surpluses into the development of infrastructure and championing businesses to reinforce their capacity of growing, expanding, innovating, producing and hiring.

In this time of war and growing terrorism, terrorists and all tyrannical regimes supporting terrorism are threatening international security and freedom by attacking us for what we believe. Iran and North Korea are developping their nuclear weapons and a nuclear attack from these nations would be very catastrophic and cost hundreds of thousands of lives or worse. Russia and China are pursuing their expansionist policies by deploying military troops in the territory of their neighbours to take control of these zones for economic, patriotic and territorial purposes, thus violating their neighbours' territorial integrity. We need to increase defense spending, to reinforce and modernize our military, deploy all the necessary troops and arsenal in the Middle East to fight and destroy terrorism and free Syria from Bachar el-Assad's tyranny, insanity and corruption. We need to reinforce and expand our alliances in the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent to defeat terrorism and stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons and supporting terrorism and around the Pacific to prevent North Korea from pursuing it's nuclear program and to stop China's agression in the South China Sea. We also have to stand with Ukraine by training the Ukrainian troops and providing them all the necessary weapons and arsenal to defend their country against Russia effectively, defeat these pro-Russian terrorists supported by Vladimir Putin and taking their country and Ukraine's national resources back.

Now, time has come for us to turn the page and to engage in this fight for liberty. New Hampshire sent a message based on it's official moto : either we live free or we die. For us, the choice is very easy : living free. But to live free, we have to fight for freedom and that's what I'm going to do in the economic area and in the foreign policy area as the 45th President of the United States of America!

Let's go to South Carolina to continue this fight for freedom, justice, democracy, prosperity, security and national unity.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 07:30:38 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 02:32:51 PM by UWS »

John Kasich withdrawal speech

Thank you New Hampshire. Thank you folks.

All over this campaign, we invested most of our efforts on New Hampshire. But these are disapointing results. In this time of uncertainty for our party's future and our country's future, I estimated that it's not worth to pursue this race until the convention. For this reason, I suspend my campaign. I want to thank all the Americans who supported me. I won't endorse anyone for now. But I will surely not endorse Donald Trump. I will endorse whoever has the best chance to beat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders, to defend our values and to bring America back on the right direction.

Thank you. God bless you. God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 08:47:36 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 08:43:28 PM by UWS »

New polls

Due to John Kasich's and Chris Christie's withdrawal from the race, Marco Rubio has become the favorite of the Republican establishment. The South Carolina Republican primary is announced to be very crucial for two reasons : first because since 1980, whoever won the South Carolina Republican primary, except for Newt Gingrich in 2012, became the eventual Republican nominee. The other reason of the importance of this primary is that Jeb Bush is counting on the Palmetto State to revive his campaign. In fact, his brother George W. Bush is still popular there and many South Carolinians approve the War on Terror that Bush 43 launched. If Jeb loses in South Carolina, he's likely to drop out of the race.

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 42 %
Marco Rubio : 25 %
Ted Cruz : 22 %
Jeb Bush : 6 %
Ben Carson : 3 %
Undecided : 2 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 46 %
Bernie Sanders : 39 %
Undecided : 15 %

South Carolina polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 31 %
Marco Rubio : 27 %
Jeb Bush : 12 %
Ben Carson : 8 %
Undecided : 1 %

Nevada polls

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 48 %
Bernie Sanders : 47 %
Undecided : 5 %

Nevada polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 34 %
Marco Rubio : 24 %
Ted Cruz : 17 %
Ben Carson : 9 %
Jeb Bush : 8 %
Undecided : 8 %

South Carolina polls

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 59 %
Bernie Sanders : 41 %

Alabama polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 47 %
Marco Rubio : 17 %
Ted Cruz : 16 %
Undecided : 11 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 71 %
Bernie Sanders : 23 %
Undecided : 6 %

Alaska polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 28 %
Ted Cruz : 23 %
Undecided : 23 %

Arkansas polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 33 %
Ted Cruz : 25 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 57 %
Bernie Sanders : 32 %

Colorado polls

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 49 %
Hillary Clinton : 43 %

Georgia polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 35 %
Marco Rubio : 31 %
Ted Cruz : 19 %
Undecided : 7 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 62 %
Bernie Sanders : 29 %
Undecided : 9 %

Massachusetts polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 44 %
Marco Rubio : 33 %
Ted Cruz : 9 %
Ben Carson : 4 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 49 %
Bernie Sanders : 45 %

Minnesota polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 37 %
Donald Trump : 21 %
Ben Carson : 11 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 50 %
Undecided : 4 %

Oklahoma polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 29 %
Marco Rubio : 26 %
Ted Cruz : 20 %
Ben Carson : 6 %
Undecided : 20 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 40 %
Bernie Sanders : 31 %
Undecided : 29 %

Tennessee polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 40 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 60 %
Bernie Sanders : 34 %

Texas polls

Republicans

Ted Cruz : 34 %
Marco Rubio : 22 %
Undecided : 10 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 64 %
Bernie Sanders : 30 %

Vermont polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 38 %
Ted Cruz : 11 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 83 %
Hillary Clinton : 9 %

Virginia polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 40 %
Donald Trump : 38 %
Ted Cruz : 13 %
Ben Carson : 7 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 33 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 09:10:11 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2018, 11:11:47 AM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New endorsements

After the New Hampshire primary, the remaining Republican presidential candidates are getting major endorsements.

Just after John Kasich dropped out of the race, former New Hampshire Senator John E. Sununu and a former Kasich supporter, gave his endorsement to Senator Marco Rubio. The Florida Senator even got a bigger endorsement from Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee.

I spent 25 years in the private sector and I know what it takes to get small business growing again and to make America working again to make it the best place in the world to open a new business. Marco Rubio lived the American Dream and he understands the meaning of hard-working. He's a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. He understands what it takes to grow the economy, to create jobs and to ensure permanent economic prosperity in America, Romney said yesterday during a Rubio rally in Manchester, NH.

Donald Trump got endorsement from former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown and from Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, the most anti-amnesty Republican.

Jeb Bush got Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval's endorsement.

Antonin Scalia died

On February 12, Antonin Gregory Scalia, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States nominated by President Ronald Reagan in 1986, died at 79 years old. His death triggered debates among Republican presidential candidates about how to nominate future judges.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 10:00:51 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 02:35:30 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule in South Carolina

February 10, 2016

-Speech in Charleston about the importance of taking care of military veterans after their military service :

I understand our veterans struggle to adapt. My older brother Mario Rubio is a military veteran and he represents to me an example of the living conditions of our veterans. I always support him just like all other veterans to help them to earn the best post military service life they would ever know. I have a clear record on improving our veterans lives.

In 2011, I cosponsored the AGREE Act alongside Democratic Senator Chris Coons. This bill gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise, so it helps them to find a good paying job and to prosper after their military service.

I successfully co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America.

If I'm elected President of the United States, our veterans will be rewarded for their valiant service to their country not only through medals of honor but also through health services.

If we take care of our veterans, as I always did and will always do, they will be thankful of the services we'll give to them just as we are thankful of their service for our country, for freedom and for our national security. I will use this leadership as President of the United States. So I can promise you that our future military veterans will have access to the same services as the current veterans do.

God bless our men and women in uniform, God bless our veterans and God bless the United States of America.

-Speech on African-Americans' living conditions - Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, SC :

In the last eight years, African-Americans' living conditions have not improved. Racism is still alive today and the violent deaths of African-Americans, including here in Charleston (2015) and in Ferguson (2014), demonstrated it, whether these murders were committed by criminals, terrorists or policemen. If you are white in America, you cannot fully understand what it means to be black in America. The racial tensions got worse than they were ten years ago and the economic depression we are actually living has deepen racial inequalities. We need a reformed criminal code, which criminal regulations and laws are easier to understand, a reform of civil forfeiture by which people suspected of crimes will be deprived of private property. We also need economic growth for all the American people, including African-Americans. So we have to promote school choice to give them an easier access to education and to champion our automotive industry by increasing oil and gas productions and cutting taxes on business because Detroit, capital of the American automotive industry, is now in bankruptcy, which have cost too many jobs, especially among African-Americans, and could contribute to the bankruptcy of other great cities of the Midwest (a region where a massive African-American population is living) like Chicago, Milwaukee, etc.

Since the beginning of its existence, the Republican Party has been an inclusive party and will keep this status. That's why Abraham Lincoln has freed African-Americans from slavery and that's why I appreciate Governor Haley's decision to remove the Confederate flag from the South Carolina State House after the Charleston shooting in 2015, because we will never tolerate discrimination because the American people must stay united and stand with an optimistic agenda like mine that will create jobs and opportunity in order to restore the American Dream.

February 11, 2016

-Foreign policy speech - The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, Charleston, SC :

In the U.S. Senate, I'm chairing the Committee on Foreign Relations, I know how diplomacy works. As President, I will use my diplomatic experience to strengthen our relations with our allies and create new alliances. I cited the example of a military collaboration similar to NATO between the powers of the Pacific to prevent any Chinese aggression or any North Korean nuclear attack against its neighbours. I also cited the example of a military collaboration between our country, India, Pakistan and Afghanistan to fight Islamic terrorism and prevent any nuclear attack by Iran. Such alliances can work because all these countries have common goals like fighting Islamic terrorism, stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons or prevent a geopolitical crisis in the Pacific.

With our military power and with the collaboration of our allies, we will manage to defeat our enemies and that's why I will promote strength through unity as commander-in-chief. Like we always say since America's birth : « United We Stand ».

I supported sanctions on Hezbollah, which made this terrorist organization less capable of threatening Israel by supporting Palestinian extremists, of helping militarily the Assad regime in Syria and of helping Iran in getting nuclear weapon. Just like Iran, Hezbollah is threatening freedom of religion by threatening Israel, a Jewish nation. With Mossad's collaboration, we'll be able to discover any conspiracy fomented by Hezbollah against us and our allies, making our foes in the Middle East weaker and making this region safer than it was ever before.

In the last eight years, the world has grown more dangerous while our military suffered disastrous defense cuts. The threats to our nation and international security and peace like ISIS, Al Qaida, Iran, Russia, Syria, China and North Korea have continued to multiply. With a military built for the 20th century rather than the 21st, how can we expect a strong national security? As Commander-in-chief, I will restore American strength by giving our troops the training and equipment to combat successfully the threats they will face, by increasing defense spending to ensure our armed forces' readiness and to modernize our military. I will extend the size of the Marine to 182 000 men and the size of the Army to 490 000 to reverse the cuts in military spending and allow us to send more troops in Europe to stop the Russian agression.

I will recapitalize our Navy and increase the size of our fleet to at least 323 ships by 2024, reversing cuts that have slashed our fleet to its smallest size since World War I. Because a major part of this effort must be to ensure a large and modern U.S. submarine fleet, I will order at least two Virginia-class submarines to be built each year.

South Carolina has an important role to play in this process. The Navy’s Nuclear Power School, located just outside of Charleston, helps train the next generation of officers and enlisted sailors to operate many of the vanguard ships in our fleet. In all, defense spending accounted for more than six billion dollars in economic activity in South Carolina in 2014. That’s $1,262 per resident. A strong defense industrial base is necessary to our national security and our local economies as well, and that is why I will oppose more rounds of base realignment and closure, which endangers vital military installations in the Palmetto State and across the country.

To make sure that the 21st Century will be an American century, we need a strong American military, an element of our security and prosperity. And that's why I am running for president. For a long time, South Carolina has made a vital contribution to our defense and when I am Commander-in-chief it will continue to help ensure that Americans are safe and free. Thank you, God bless our men and women and uniform, God bless our veterans and God bless America.

February 12, 2016

-Foreign policy speech at Nuclear Power School in Goose Creek, SC :

In this time of growing international threats, we need to increase defense spending to counter these threats, which requires improving our military. We can do it by balancing the budget through tax cuts, job creation, free market policies as well as research and innovation supporting. Many military universities and colleges here in South Carolina like the Nuclear Power School partnered to ensure military arsenal improvement by research and innovation. That way, once the budget balanced, we can use the budget surplus to innovate our military arsenal, making our military much more powerful, our enemies much weaker and the world much safer.

We must show our solidarity with our allies, including Ukraine. We need to arm the Ukrainian troops and bring them military training. Russia is training and arming the pro-Russian rebellion, well Ukrainian troops will be able to defeat this insurgency and to defend their country with American military knowledge and weapons. Turkey's geographical position in proximity with Ukraine as well as a deployment of our fleet and our allies' fleets will help us to surround the pro-Russian insurgents occupying Crimea. Then, it will be easier to free Crimea and give it back to Ukraine. By supplying powerful submarines to Ukraine, the Ukrainian Naval Forces will be able to defeat the Russian Navy on the Black Sea if Russia ever decides to launch naval attacks against Ukraine.

By the way, if we increase diplomatic and economic sanctions against Russia, it will devalue Russian gas, which will make Ukraine more independent from Russian gas and orientate this nation to American gas that will be less expansive and will make Ukraine richer thanks to a partnership with a friendlier nation like ours.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 10:28:07 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 02:42:07 PM by UWS »

Ninth Republican presidential primary debate
Part 1

Date : February 13, 2016

Place : Peace Center in Greenville, South Carolina

Host : CBS News

Moderator :  John Dickerson

Podium order based on the candidates' standing in the polls :

Bush   Cruz   Trump   Rubio   Carson

Donald Trump : Obviously, the war in Iraq was a big, fat mistake. All right? Now, you can take it any way you want, and it took -- it took Jeb Bush, if you remember at the beginning of his announcement, when he announced for president, it took him five days. He went back, it was a mistake, it wasn't a mistake. It took him five days before his people told him what to say, and he ultimately said, "it was a mistake." The war in Iraq, we spent $2 trillion, thousands of lives, we don't even have it. Iran has taken over Iraq with the second-largest oil reserves in the world.

BOOING

George Bush made a mistake. We can make mistakes. But that one was a beauty. We should have never been in Iraq. We have destabilized the Middle East. You do whatever you want. You call it whatever you want. I want to tell you. They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction, there were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.

Jeb Bush : I'm sick and tired of Barack Obama blaming my brother for all of the problems that he has had. And, frankly, I could care less about the insults that Donald Trump gives to me. It's blood sport for him. He enjoys it. And I'm glad he's happy about it. I am sick and tired of him going after my family. My dad is the greatest man alive in my mind. And while Donald Trump was building a reality TV show, my brother was building a security apparatus to keep us safe. And I'm proud of what he did.

APPLAUSE

And he has had the gall to go after my brother.

Donald Trump : The World Trade Center came down during your brother's reign, remember that.

BOOING

[...]

Marco Rubio : I just want to say, at least on behalf of me and my family, I thank God all the time it was George W. Bush in the White House on 9/11, not Al Gore.

APPLAUSE

I think you can look back in hindsight and say a couple of things, but he kept us safe. And not only did he keep us safe, but no matter what you want to say about weapons of mass destruction, Saddam Hussein was in violation of U.N. resolutions, in open violation, and the world wouldn't do anything about it, and George W. Bush enforced what the international community refused to do. And again, he kept us safe, and I am forever grateful to what he did for this country.

APPALAUSE

Donald Trump : How did he keep us safe when the World Trade Center -- the World -- excuse me. I lost hundreds of friends. The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush. He kept us safe? That is not safe. That is not safe, Marco. That is not safe.

BOOING

Marco Rubio : The World Trade Center came down because Bill Clinton didn't kill Osama bin Laden when he had the chance to kill him.

APPALAUSE

[...]

Ted Cruz :  In a Republican primary, everyone talks tough on immigration. Everyone is against illegal immigration in a Republican primary. But as voters, we've been burned over and over again by people that give us a great campaign speech and they don't walk the walk.

There are sharp differences on amnesty. If you look at the folks on this stage, when Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer and establishment Republicans were leading the fight to pass a massive amnesty plan, I stood with Jeff Sessions and Steve King and the American people and led the fight to defeat that amnesty plan. That moment was what Reagan would call "a time for choosing." When it comes to deciding which side of the line you're on, the Rubio-Schumer amnesty plan...

BOOING

...apparently supported by the donor class, which is why Washington supported it. The Rubio-Schumer amnesty plan passed the Senate and it was on the verge of passing the House.

House leadership intended to take it up and pass it with the Democrats overruling most of the Republicans. And the question for anyone on illegal immigration is where were you in that fight? Where did you stand? You are right. There is a difference between Senator Rubio and me on this question.

Marco Rubio : We're going to have to do this again, OK? When that issue was being debated, Ted Cruz, at a committee hearing, very passionately said, I want immigration reform to pass, I want people to be able to come out of the shadows. And he proposed an amendment that would legalized people here.

Not only that, he proposed doubling the number of green cards. He proposed a 500 percent increase on guest workers. Now his position is different. Now he is a passionate opponent of all those things.

So he either wasn't telling the truth then or he isn't telling the truth now, but to argue he is a purist on immigration is just not true.

APPLAUSE

Ted Cruz : You know, the lines are very, very clear. Marco right now supports citizenship for 12 million people here illegally. I oppose citizenship. Marco stood on the debate stage and said that.

But I would note not only that, Marco has a long record when it comes to amnesty. In the state of Florida, as speaker of the house, he supported in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. In addition to that, Marco went on Univision in Spanish and said he would not rescind President Obama's illegal executive amnesty on his first day in office.

I have promised to rescind every single illegal executive action, including that one.

Marco Rubio : Well, first of all, I don't know how he knows what I said on Univision because he doesn't speak Spanish. And second of all, the other point that I would make...

Ted Cruz : ż Marco, así es como lo quieres? Ahora mismo, dígalo - en espańol, si quieres.

Marco Rubio : Look, this is a disturbing pattern now, because for a number of weeks now, Ted Cruz has just been telling lies. He lied about Ben Carson in Iowa. He lies about Planned Parenthood. He lies about marriage. He's lying about all sorts of things.

APPLAUSE

And now he makes things up. The bottom line is this is a campaign and people are watching it. And they see the truth behind all these issues.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 10:33:23 AM »

No you brainless robot, the world trade centre came down because the Bush Administration ignored an intelligence report saying "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US"
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2018, 11:58:04 PM by UWS »

Ninth Republican presidential primary debate
Part 2

Date : February 13, 2016

Place : Peace Center in Greenville, South Carolina

Host : CBS News

Moderator :  John Dickerson

Podium order based on the candidates' standing in the polls :

Bush   Cruz   Trump   Rubio   Carson

Ted Cruz : I like Donald, he is an amazing entertainer but his policies for most of his life...

Donald Trump : Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Ted Cruz : For most of his life his policies have been very very liberal. For most of his life, he has described himself as very pro- choice and as a supporter of partial birth abortion. Right now today as a candidate, he supports federal tax payer funding for Planned Parenthood. I disagree with him on that.

That's a matter of principle and I'll tell you...

Donald Trump : You are the single biggest liar. You probably are worse than Jeb Bush. You are the single biggest liar. This guy lied - let me just say - this guy lied about Ben Carson when he took votes away from Ben Carson in Iowa and he just continues. Today, we had robo-calls saying "Donald Trump is not going to run in South Carolina," -- where I'm leading by a lot."

I'm not going to vote for Ted Cruz. This is the same thing he did to Ben Carson. This guy will say anything, nasty guy. Now I know why he doesn't have one endorsement from any of his colleagues. He's a nasty guy.

Ted Cruz : Donald has this weird pattern, when you point to his own record he screams "liar, liar, liar." You want to go...

Donald Trump : Where did I support it? Where did I support it? Hey Ted! Where did I support it?

Ted Cruz : If you want to watch the video, go to our website at Tedcruz.org.

Donald Trump : Hey Ted, where did I support it?

Ted Cruz : You can see it out of Donald's own mouth.

Donald Trump : Where did I support it?

Ted Cruz : You supported it when we were battling over defunding Planned Parenthood. You went on...

Donald Trump : That's a lot of nonsense.

Ted Cruz : You said, "Planned Parenthood does wonderful things and we should not defund it."

Donald Trump : It does do wonderful things but not as it relates to abortion.

Ted Cruz : So I'll tell you what...

Donald Trump : Excuse me. Excuse me. there are wonderful things having to do with women's health. But not when it comes to abortion.

[...]

Donald Trump : Let me tell you. Ted Cruz wanted John Roberts. Ted Cruz, with your brother (pointing to Jeb Bush), wanted John Roberts to be on the United States Supreme Court. They both pushed him, he twice approved Obamacare.

Ted Cruz : I did not nominate John Roberts. I would not have nominated John Roberts.

Donald Trump : You pushed him. You pushed him. You worked with him and you pushed him. Why do you lie? Why do you lie?

Ted Cruz : Donald, adults learn not to interrupt people.

Donald Trump : Yeah, yeah, I know, you're an adult.

Who won the debate
Marco Rubio : 39 %
Jeb Bush : 23 %
Ted Cruz : 21 %
Donald Trump : 15 %
Ben Carson : 2 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 01:31:38 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 02:45:17 PM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley endorses Marco Rubio

On February 17, Nikki Haley, the Governor of South Carolina, announced that she endorses Florida Senator Marco Rubio, giving the presidential hopeful a huge boost just days before the state's crucial Saturday primary.

"If we elect Marco Rubio, every day will be a great day in America. I wanted somebody with fight, I wanted somebody with passion, I wanted somebody who had the conviction to do the right thing, but I wanted somebody humble enough to remember he works for all the people. I wanted somebody who could show my parents that the best decision they ever made for their children was coming to America," said Haley, who is a first-generation Indian-American.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2018, 10:59:24 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule in South Carolina

February 15, 2016

-Abortion policy speech at Greenville Health System in Greenville, South Carolina :

Abortion is never good. Everybody, whether or not they are yet eligible to vote, has the right to live. And like I said, if we tolerate abortion, future generations are likely to look back at this history of our country and call us barbarians for murdering millions of babies who we never gave them a chance to live. This is not only a social issue, it's also an economic issue. One of the main reasons why the Glorious Thirty (1945-1972) were so prosperous was the great number of young baby boomers who were available to find a job and work. Today, it's exactly the opposite : many baby boomers are going to retirement, which hurts our workforce and slows our GDP and our economy. So if we want longer term economic growth and prosperity, we need to fight abortion in order to let future generations live and make sure that our workforce will get stronger and stronger, making our economy growing again. That's what I'm going to do if I'm elected President of the United States on November 8th 2016 and inaugurated as the 45th President of the United States on January 20th 2017 while reiterating my pledges for the country and saying « So help me God! ».

Thank you, may God bless America.

February 16, 2016
-Bus trip to Greer, South Carolina
-Barnstorm in Greer, SC
-Barnstorm in Spartanburg, SC
-Economic policy speech at the BMW manufacturing facility in Spartanburg, South Carolina :

South Carolina is one of the most prosperous states in our country. Industrial production is South Carolina's most vital economic activity, particularly the automotive industry. The Palmetto State is among the states with the lowest tax rates on businesses, the most competitive wages for workers and the weakest unionization in America, which classified South Carolina among the states creating the most favourable environment for businesses in the United States, which helped this right-to-work state to attract some large companies like BMW and brought positive effects on South Carolina's economy. During the recession in the late 2000s, South Carolina's unemployment rate peaked at 12 % at the end of 2009. But as the 21st century progressed, including during the time Nikki Haley was Governor of South Carolina, the Palmetto State managed to attract new companies by reducing corporate income tax rate to 5 %, by abolishing state property tax, local income tax, inventory tax, sales tax on manufacturing equipment, wholesale tax and unitary tax on worldwide profits and by having industrial power or materials for finished products, which boosted job creation and innovation in South Carolina. As Governor of South Carolina, Nikki Haley, a great job creator in the private sector (she worked in her mother's clothing business, Exotica International, was named to the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce and of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce, became treasurer of the National Association of Women Business Owners before becoming president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners) and in political life as well, cut taxes, opposed regulations and successfully invited business to move to South Carolina by considerably lowering the cost of doing business in the Palmetto State, which created over 80 000 new jobs in South Carolina during the 6 years of Haley's leadership as Governor and reduced the local unemployment rate from 12 % in 2009 to 5 %.

We need to embrace energy independence to make us able to produce our own energies and free trade to make us competitive in the world economy, reform our education system, balance the budget, and champion business. If Governor Haley's economic policies worked in South Carolina, it can work for ALL the country as well. So if I'm the next President of the United States, one of the elements of my economic agenda will be to cut taxes for all the American people and for business owners, to eliminate regulations and to lower the cost of doing business in the United States, which will attract companies to move to the United States. It will also help our future entrepreneurs to open new businesses in America, to innovate, to create jobs and to ensure America's prosperity.

Thank you God bless our entrepreneurs, God bless our workers and God bless America.

February 17, 2016

-Bus trip to Rock Hill, SC
-Barnstorm in Rock Hill, SC
-Energy policy speech at Carolina Energy headquarters in Rock Hill, SC
-Foreign policy speech at Kings Mountain National Military Park in Rock Hill, SC
-Bus trip to Charleston, SC
-Attends Haley's rally in which Rubio gets Haley's endorsement

February 18, 2016

-Bus trip to Columbia, SC
-Foreign policy speech at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC
-Meet with college voters at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC
-Economic policy speech in Columbia, SC
-Barnstorm in Columbia, SC

February 19, 2016

-Bus trip to Myrtle Beach, SC
-Economic policy speech in Myrtle Beach, SC
-Foreign policy speech at Myrtle Beach Air Force Base in Myrtle Beach, SC

February 20, 2016

-Bus trip to North Charleston, SC
-Foreign policy speech at Charleston Air Force Base in North Charleston, SC
-Economic policy speech in North Charleston, SC
-Barnstorm in North Charleston, SC
-Bus trip to Charleston, SC
-Watch the development of the South Carolina primary results
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 04:15:48 PM by UWS »

The Washington Post
South Carolina primary

Political Geography: Tales from the campaign trail

McCain land
With a huge population of veterans, especially around Charleston, Marco Rubio is expected to do well in southern South Carolina due to his foreign policy experience. But he also competes around Columbia and in the north, notably around Rock Hill and Greenville, regions that are focused on economic and business issues.
←↙↓

The South
In a desperate quest for a win, Jeb Bush targets South Carolina's southern counties, where he hopes to make gains among veterans who are supportive of George W. Bush and his foreign policy.
Conservative upstate
↑↗

Ted Cruz has tried to pull together a coalition of the state's socially conservative Republicans, similar to those who almost helped him to finish at the top in Iowa. He's spent more time in the north, hoping to capture the evangelical voters.

The North
Donald Trump's success in South Carolina could depend on the north of the Palmetto State. He could benefit from his populist rhetoric, including his questioning of free trade deals, in an area where manufacturing jobs have been lost.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 08:28:07 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2017, 09:01:47 PM by UWS »

SOUTH CAROLINA PRIMARY, 2016

CNN America's Choice theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

« Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Wolf Blitzer in the CNN Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of the 2016 South Carolina Reublican primary and the Nevada Democratic caucuses. »

Blitzer : « It's 8 pm and we can project that Donald Trump is leading in northwestern counties. »

South Carolina Republican primary (1 % reported) - 50 delegates

Donald Trump : 27 %
Marco Rubio : 19 %
Ted Cruz : 18 %
Jeb Bush : 10 %
Ben Carson : 5 %
Undecided : 21 %

Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio gets in the lead in the Greenville, Spartanburg and York counties. »

South Carolina Republican primary (25 % reported) - 50 delegates

Jeb Bush : 11 %
Undecided : 12 %

Blitzer : « It's 9 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio wins the Richland county (Columbia's location) and most of the neighboring counties. Donald Trump sweeps most of the state's southeastern counties. »

South Carolina Republican primary (50 % reported) - 50 delegates

Donald Trump : 30 %
Ted Cruz : 21 %
Jeb Bush : 13 %
Undecided : 3 %

Blitzer : « It's 9 : 30 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio wins most of South Carolina's southern counties, including the Charleston, Beaufort, Dorchester and Burkeley county. Senator Rubio just edged Donald Trump in South Carolina, but it's a close race. »

South Carolina Republican primary (75 % reported) - 50 delegates

Jeb Bush : 11 %

Blitzer : « It's 10 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio wins the South Carolina and all the 50 delegates with 34 % of the vote over Donald Trump's 29 %. This is a big win for Marco Rubio because it demonstrated that he is able to win in evangelical conservative states like South Carolina and also because South Carolina has always voted in favor of the eventual Republican nominee, except for 2012. »

South Carolina Republican primary (100 % reported) - 50 delegates

Marco Rubio : 34 % ✔ - 50 delegates
Donald Trump : 29 % - 0 delegate
Ted Cruz : 20 % - 0 delegate
Jeb Bush : 10 % - 0 delegate
Ben Carson : 7 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE SOUTH CAROLINA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Cooper : « Wolf! We have big news to announce : Jeb Bush drops out of the race. It will be interesting to know what he will do next. Will he endorse one of the remaining Republican candidates? »

JEB BUSH DROPS OUT OF THE RACE
King : « So this night is very great for Marco Rubio for two reasons : not only he won the South Carolina primary but Jeb Bush dropped out of the race, which will make Marco Rubio the only favorite of the Republican establishment while Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Ben Carson are still battling for the evangelical vote. »

Blitzer : « If that's the case, we risk to see a similar scenario of the previous two Republican primary races in which John McCain, the most moderate Republican candidate of the 2008 primaries won the nomination while Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee were splitting the conservative vote. The same happened in 2012 when Mitt Romney, the moderate establishment candidate won the nomination while Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich disputed the evangelical vote. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2017, 09:42:15 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2017, 10:14:44 PM by UWS »

NEVADA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES, 2016

Blitzer : « Now let's turn our attention at the Nevada Democratic caucuses. It's 10 : 30 pm and we can project that Hillary Clinton leads Bernie Sanders in most of this state's center counties. »

Nevada Democratic primary (1 % reported) - 43 delegates

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 53 %

Blitzer : « It's 11 pm and Hillary Clinton wins Nevada's southern counties, including the Clark county (Las Vegas' location). »

Nevada Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 43 delegates

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 55 %

Blitzer : « It's 11 : 30 pm and Bernie Sanders wins Nevada's western counties, including Carson City. »

Nevada Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 43 delegates

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 53 %

Blitzer : « It's 12 pm and Bernie Sanders dominates in Nevada's northern counties. »

Nevada Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 43 delegates

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 52,5 %
Bernie Sanders : 47,5 %

Blitzer : « It's 12 pm and Bernie Sanders dominates in Nevada's northern counties. »

Nevada Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 43 delegates

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 52 % ✔ - 23 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 48 % - 20 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE NEVADA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2017, 08:25:40 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2018, 03:56:36 PM by UWS »

CNN
South Carolina Republican primary exit polls

Men (51 %)               Women (49 %)

Bush                  11 %                            10 %
Carson               7 %                            8 %
Cruz                  21 %                          20 %
Rubio                33 %                            37 %
Trump               33 %                            25 %

18-29 (10 %)              30-44 (17 %)         45-64 (46 %)         65 and older (27 %)

Bush                  6 %                            6 %                        10 %                         15 %
Carson               11 %                           10 %                       7 %                        4 %
Cruz                  26 %                           25 %                      21 %                     17 %
Rubio                 33 %                            34 %                       27 %                      31 %
Trump              24 %                            25 %                       35 %                      33 %

Race

White (96 %)              Non-white (4 %)
Bush                  9 %                             n/a                     
Carson               7 %                            n/a                                           
Cruz                  22 %                            n/a                                                                 
Rubio                30 %                             n/a                                             
Trump              32 %                             n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (38 %)       Somewhat conservative (43 %)         Moderate (17 %)         
Bush                  5 %                            8 %                                           13 %                       
Carson               8 %                           7 %                                          4 %                         
Cruz                  34 %                           16 %                                       7 %                           
Rubio                24 %                           30 %                                       42 %                     
Trump               29 %                            33 %                                       34 %

Ever served in the U.S. military?

Veterans (17 %)       Non-veterans (43 %)       
Bush                  8 %                            10 %                                                                   
Carson               4 %                           7 %                                                                   
Cruz                  19 %                           25 %                                                                         
Rubio                37 %                  25 %                                                             
Trump              32 %                             33 %                                       

Most important issue

Immigration (10 %)         Economy/Jobs (29 %)         Terrorism (32 %)        Govt. spending (26 %)

Bush                  3 %                            8 %                               9 %                         11 %
Carson               7 %                           6 %                               7 %                         8 %
Cruz                  23 %                           14 %                           23 %                       26 %
Rubio                16 %                            39 %                        33 %                      31 %
Trump               51%                            34 %                         28 %                       24 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (15 %)          Shares my values (37 %)    Tells it like it is (16 %) Can bring change (31 %)

Bush                  8 %                            12 %                                          4 %                         8 %
Carson               2 %                           11 %                                         4 %                             6 %
Cruz                  16 %                           32 %                                       5 %                        18 %
Rubio                54 %                            37 %                                      12 %                         25 %
Trump               20 %                            8 %                                     76 %                         44 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2017, 08:37:27 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 08:45:40 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : 64 delegates
Donald Trump : 18 delegates
Ted Cruz : 10 delegates
Ben Carson : 3 delegates

2472 delegates in total

Hillary Clinton : 64 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 62 delegates

4763 delegates in total

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 07:58:50 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech in South Carolina

Thank you South Carolina!

While President Obama expands taxes and regulations on businesses and the American people, all the country, including the Palmetto State, is worrying about its economy and its jobs. I listened to South Carolinians and I proposed to reduce the cost of doing business in America just like Governor Haley did for the cost of doing business in South Carolina, which will make our companies competitive and more able to produce, to innovate, to grow, to expand and to create jobs. By listening to your concerns about America's economic situation and proposing such solutions, I earned your support and I'm thankful of it because our kids, including my daughters Amanda and Daniella and my sons Dominick and Anthony, as well as all future generations deserve a better future than the one Hillary Clinton is preserving and they will earn this better future if we win on November.

While President Obama is proving himself weak on fighting international terrorism, all the country, including South Carolina, a state with military tradition, is worrying about international security. I listened to South Carolinians and I took the pledge to promote peace through strength by modernizing our military, increasing our military presence on strategic points, reinforcing our alliances and by fighting and destroying terrorism through military strength. By understanding your concerns, I proposed a strong foreign policy solution that will bring permanent international peace and freedom, so I earned your support and I thank you for that!

Thanks to this victory here in South Carolina, we got closer to the Republican nomination. South Carolina makes nominees. South Carolina makes presidents. Let's keep it up and we will finally bring our party together, bring the American people together with my optimistic agenda, which will lead us to victory against whoever the Democrats will nominate and help us putting America back on track and on the right direction.

Thank you! God bless you all, God bless South Carolina and God bless America.

Jeb Bush drops out of the race and endorses Marco Rubio

Thank you South Carolina. Thank you, brother for your great contribution to this campaign. Thank you mom and dad.

I'm proud of the campaign that we've run to unify our country and to advocate conservative solutions that will give Americans the opportunity to rise up and reach their God-given potential. But the people of Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina have spoken and I really respect their decision, so tonight I am suspending my campaign.

But I'm not suspending my fight for the American people's cause because tonight I give my endorsement to my friend Senator Marco Rubio. Marco is the candidate with the best foreign policy experience to keep our country safe, to fight terrorism and to restore freedom and democracy around the world. Marco is the only one candidate who will be able to defend our values, to restore the American Dream and to make our country prosperous again. Marco is the only candidate who will be able to diversify our party by attracting new young voters and non-white voters to the Republican Party. And, finally, Marco is the only one candidate who can beat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders, thus making his agenda a reality and making sure that this agenda will lead America to a brighter, safer and more prosperous future.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2017, 09:09:18 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 08:40:56 PM by UWS »

New polls

According to recent polls, Marco Rubio benefits from his victory in the South Carolina primary and from Jeb Bush's withdrawal from the race. Now he has the backing of all the Republican establishment and gets many endorsements from Jeb Bush's former supporters. The Florida Senator reduced the gap between him and Donald Trump in Republican primary national polls. He trails the real estate developer by only 7 percentage points. When it comes to the Nevada Republican caucuses, Rubio and Trump are in a dead-heat in the polls released in the Silver State. Donald Trump, who was the clear Republican favorite for 7 months, realized that the nomination is not guaranteed for him.

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 41 %
Marco Rubio : 34 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 44 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %
Undecided : 14 %

Nevada polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 36 %
Marco Rubio : 36 %
Undecided : 1 %

South Carolina polls

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 37 %
Undecided : 3 %

Alabama polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 47 %
Ted Cruz : 16 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 71 %
Bernie Sanders : 23 %

Alaska polls

Republicans

Ted Cruz : 23 %
Undecided : 23 %

Arkansas polls

Republicans

Ted Cruz : 25 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 57 %
Bernie Sanders : 32 %

Colorado polls

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 49 %
Hillary Clinton : 43 %

Georgia polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 35 %
Marco Rubio : 31 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 62 %
Bernie Sanders : 29 %

Massachusetts polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 44 %
Ted Cruz : 9 %
Ben Carson : 4 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 49 %

Minnesota polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 37 %
Donald Trump : 21 %
Ben Carson : 11 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 50 %

Oklahoma polls

Republicans

Undecided : 20 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 40 %
Bernie Sanders : 31 %
Undecided : 29 %

Tennessee polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 40 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 34 %

Texas polls

Republicans

Ted Cruz : 34 %
Undecided : 10 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 64 %
Bernie Sanders : 30 %

Vermont polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 38 %
Ted Cruz : 11 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 83 %
Hillary Clinton : 9 %

Virginia polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 40 %
Donald Trump : 38 %
Ted Cruz : 13 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 33 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2017, 09:22:52 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2019, 08:47:54 AM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New endorsements

After Jeb Bush dropped out of the race, Marco Rubio got many endorsements from former Bush supporters, especially South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham who described the young Florida Senator as the « most qualified to lead this nation and to ensure its security. » Senator Rubio is also endorsed by Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval, which could help him to win the Nevada caucuses on February 23.

While Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Mike Huckabee's daughter, endorsed Donald Trump, the former Arkansas Governor and former presidential candidate remains neutral for now.

Ted Cruz received Texas Governor Greg Abbot's endorsement.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 09:13:53 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule in Nevada

February 21, 2016

-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Foreign policy speech at Paris Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV :
Here we stand, in front of the replica of the Eiffel Tower, built in Paris in 1889 to celebrate the centennial of the French Revolution that freed the French people from tyranny and corruption and during which was signed the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, a rampart defending the following values that we are sharing : « liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression ». But last year, ISIS committed two terrorist attacks in Paris in 2015 and expanded its operations around the world through further terrorist attacks, threatening our values of liberty, gender equality, justice, freedom of religion and freedom of speech. That same year, we also suffered terrorist attacks committed by ISIS on the United States' territory in Garland, Texas, and in San Bernardino, California. After every of those attacks emerged solidarity campaigns in defence of freedom. But Barack Obama neglected the fight for freedom by cutting defense spending needed to fight radical Islamic terrorism and prevent further terrorist attacks. As President, I will not only increase defense spending and our military's readiness but also strengthen our military alliances because we have common goals with our allies : reinforcing security and defending liberty, justice and integrity. By deploying ground troops and expanding our military alliances, we will destroy radical Islamic terrorists, whether it's ISIS, Al Qaida, Hezbollah, Al-Nusra Front, Al-Shabaab or Boko Haram, then assist countries in the throes of terrorism in their reconstruction by training new armed forces, building houses, schools, groceries, markets, hospitals and police stations as well as by creating democratic institutions to reinforce security, freedom, democracy and justice, which will reinforce peace and save many innocent lives around the world as well as liberty and justice.

-Visit to the Nevada Test Site for a speech about the importance of stopping Iran's nuclear program and North Korean aggression as well as preventing nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction from falling into the hands of terrorists.
-Economic policy speech in Las Vegas, NV
-American Dream policy speech at Sam's Town Hotel, where Rubio's father worked as a bartender
-Rally in Las Vegas, NV, alongside Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval   
-Fundraising event at the Golden Nugget Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV
-Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an T.V. ad about Rubio's plan to create economic opportunities for Hispanics. The ad titled « Hispanics for Prosperity » airs in Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Illinois and Arizona both in English and Spanish.

« Hispanics for Prosperity » advertisement narration (English version) :

The Obama Administration has been ineffective when it comes to create jobs for the American people, including Hispanics. We need to give Hispanics the opportunity to learn English while maintaining their language and cultural heritage in order to open up economic opportunities for them, because I believe we should not close these opportunities for any of our fellow citizens because their first language is another one than English. School choice will give positive results to Hispanics : lower education costs for families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, production of higher outcomes, in contrast to public education. It allow parents guide their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and grant them better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—notably minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to high-income families, thus giving them a fair chance of success and an easier path to the workforce.

By promoting free trade with Latin America, we will give our businesses, including Hispanic small businesses in the United States thanks to language opportunities and their fluency in Spanish and English, new opportunities to innovate, to increase their competitiveness, to get new consumers by giving them access to American products, to create jobs in our country and ensure their business' expansion here and around the world. Thanks to their bilingualism, Hispanics will be dominant among the importers, exporters, translators and executives who ensure such a cultural and commercial exchange. And like I said, our innovation and competition capacity comes from our open markets as well as our constant quest for new markets.

Thanks to my pro-growth agenda to open economic opportunities for Hispanics and create jobs for them, this large community will earn the same opportunities as any other American, because America is the land where everything is possible.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

« Los hispanos para la prosperidad » advertisement narration (Spanish version) :

El Obama Administración ha sido ineficaz a la hora de crear puestos de trabajo para el pueblo estadounidense, incluyendo a los hispanos. Tenemos que dar a los hispanos la oportunidad de aprender Inglés, manteniendo su lengua y su patrimonio cultural con el fin de abrir nuevas oportunidades económicas para ellos, porque creo que no debemos cerrar estas oportunidades para cualquiera de nuestros conciudadanos, ya que su primer idioma es otro que Inglés. La elección de escuela dará resultados positivos a los hispanos: los costos de educación más bajos para las familias, incluyendo las familias de inmigrantes de cheque a cheque, la producción de los resultados más altos, por el contrario viven a la educación pública. Se permite a los padres a guiar a sus hijos de las escuelas-funcionando mal asignados por el código postal y les otorgan una mejor educación en otros lugares. Se ampliará las oportunidades para los estudiantes -en particular las minorías de bajos ingresos, para asistir a escuelas de alta calidad que de otro modo sólo será accesible a las familias de altos ingresos, lo que les da una oportunidad razonable de éxito y un camino más fácil a la fuerza de trabajo.

Al promover el libre comercio con América Latina, vamos a dar a nuestros negocios, incluyendo las pequeñas empresas hispanas en los Estados Unidos gracias a las oportunidades de idiomas y su fluidez en español e inglés, nuevas oportunidades para innovar, para aumentar su competitividad, para llegar a nuevos consumidores, dando a tener acceso a los productos estadounidenses, para crear puestos de trabajo en nuestro país y garantizar su expansión empresarial 'aquí y en todo el mundo. Gracias a su bilingüismo, los hispanos será dominante entre los importadores, los exportadores, los traductores y los ejecutivos que garanticen un intercambio, cultural y comercial. Y como he dicho, nuestra capacidad de innovación y la competencia proviene de nuestros mercados abiertos, así como nuestra constante búsqueda de nuevos mercados.

Gracias a mi agenda pro-crecimiento para abrir oportunidades económicas para los hispanos y crear puestos de trabajo para ellos, esta gran comunidad ganará las mismas oportunidades que cualquier otro americano, porque Estados Unidos es la tierra donde todo es posible.

Soy Marco Rubio y apruebo este mensaje.

February 22, 2016
-Speech at the Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV
-Immigration policy speech in Las Vegas, NV
-Rally in front of the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Fundraising event at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, NV
-Speech at Old Las Vegas Mormon State Historic Park in Las Vegas, NV
-Meet with college voters at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, NV
-Economic policy speech at World Market Center Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV
-Barnstorm in North Las Vegas, NV
-Flight to Elko, NV
-Barnstorm in Elko, NV
-Fundraising event at Stockmen's Casino & Hotel in Elko, NV
-Immigration policy in Elko, NV
-Flight to Sparks, NV
-Role of government policy speech in Sparks, Nevada :

Over 80% of Nevada area is owned by the federal government. It's time to stop this intrusion of the federal government in the life of Nevadans and of all Americans. The government shall just clear the way for our citizens in order to let Americans be successfull. This means that the government will cut taxes, repeal Obamacare and replace it with a better plan, improve our education system and make our country safer.

-Meet with the voters and the donors at Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks, NV

February 23, 2016
-Bus trip to Carson City, NV
-Barnstorm in Carson City, NV
-Bus trip to Reno, NV
-Economic policy speech in Reno, NV
-Immigration policy speech in Reno, NV
-Meet with college voters at the University of Nevada in Reno, NV
-Speech and fundraising event at Silver Legacy Reno in Reno, NV
-Economic and manufacturing policy speech at the National Automobile Museum in Reno, NV
-Rally at the Reno Events Center in Reno, NV
-Fundraising event at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in Reno, NV
-Flight to Henderson, NV
-Barnstorm in Henderson, NV
-Bus trip to Las Vegas, NV
-Barnstorm in Las Vegas, NV
-Speech and fundraising event at Silverton Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV
-Watch the development of the results of the Nevada Republican caucuses
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2017, 11:25:20 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 12:05:28 AM by UWS »

The Washington Post
Nevada caucuses

Political Geography: Tales from the campaign trail

Casino man
Donald Trump could benefit from his solid organization in the Silver State and from his connections with casinos due to his real estate developper career. He focused most of his campaigns in Las Vegas, Reno, Carson City.
↓↘

Tea Party angle
Ted Cruz is running a distant third in Nevada. His strong support among Tea Party voters could help him in the sparsely populated counties between Las Vegas and Reno, especially the Lander and Eureka counties.
↑↗

Second home state
Rubio spent a part of his childhood in Las Vegas in the 1980s. During that time, he practiced mormonism before reconverting to christianity. Rubio's father worked as a bartender and her mother as a housekeeper in some Las Vegas casinos, which could help Rubio to connect with Nevada donors. He can rely on heavy support from Mormon voters, who made up a quarter of the state's caucus-goers in 2008 and 2012. He can also get massive support among Nevada Hispanics who represent over 25 % of the state's electorate. Rubio has the backing of Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 02:55:59 PM by UWS »

NEVADA REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES, 2016

« Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Wolf Blitzer in the CNN Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of the 2016 Nevada Republican caucuses. »

Blitzer : « It's 8 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio leads in the Clark county (Las Vegas' location) where he and his family lived for a few years in the 1980s, which helped him to develop connections in the region and does well among Hispanics and Mormons. »

Nevada Republican caucuses (1 % reported) - 30 delegates

Marco Rubio : 41 %
Donald Trump : 30 %

Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio leads in the Nye and the Lincoln counties while Donald Trump wins the Esmeralda county. »

Nevada Republican caucuses (25 % reported) - 30 delegates

Marco Rubio : 44 %
Donald Trump : 31 %

Blitzer : « It's 9 pm and we can report that that Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are sharing dominance in Nevada's eastern counties :  while Senator Rubio wins the White Pine and Elko counties, Donald Trump wins the Eureka and Lander counties where he closely leads Senator Ted Cruz. »

Nevada Republican caucuses (50 % reported) - 30 delegates

Marco Rubio : 45 %

Blitzer : « It's 9 : 30 pm and we can see a fierce battle in Nevada's western counties. Senator Rubio wins most of the Silver state's western counties, including the Humboldt, Churchill, Mineral and Douglas counties as well as in Washoe county (where Reno is located) and in Carson City. Donald Trump wins the Pershing, Storey and Lyon counties. »

Nevada Republican caucuses (75 % reported) - 30 delegates

Marco Rubio : 47 %
Donald Trump : 32 %
Ben Carson : 2 %

Blitzer : « It's 10 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio is the winner of the Nevada Republican caucuses, beating Donald Trump with 47 % of the vote over Trump's 33 %. »

Nevada Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 30 delegates

Marco Rubio : 47 % ✔ - 14 delegates
Donald Trump : 33 % - 10 delegates
Ted Cruz : 18 % - 5 delegates
Ben Carson : 2 % - 1 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE NEVADA REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2017, 08:18:05 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 08:45:12 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : 78 delegates
Donald Trump : 28 delegates
Ted Cruz : 14 delegates
Ben Carson : 5 delegates

2472 delegates in total

Hillary Clinton : 64 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 62 delegates

4763 delegates in total
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2017, 11:18:14 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2017, 11:22:50 PM by UWS »

CNN
Nevada Republican caucuses exit polls

Men (52 %)               Women (48 %)

Carson               4 %                            5 %
Cruz                  22 %                          18 %
Rubio                35 %                            46 %
Trump               39 %                            31 %

18-29 (7 %)              30-44 (18 %)         45-64 (42 %)         65 and older (33 %)

Carson               11 %                           6 %                       4 %                        5 %
Cruz                  16 %                           21 %                      21 %                     15 %
Rubio                 50 %                            38 %                       32 %                      31 %
Trump              28 %                            35 %                       43 %                      49 %

Race

White (85 %)                Latino (8 %)                     Other Non-whites (7 %)                    
Carson               5 %                              3 %                                          n/a                                          
Cruz                  19 %                            16 %                                         n/a                                                                
Rubio                34 %                             49 %                                     n/a                                              
Trump              42 %                         32 %                                           n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (40 %)       Somewhat conservative (45 %)         Moderate (15 %)        
Carson               4 %                           4 %                                                     4 %                          
Cruz                  32 %                           14 %                                                  6 %                            
Rubio                33 %                           36 %                                           47 %                      
Trump               31 %                            46 %                                            43 %

Most important issue

Immigration (20 %)         Economy/Jobs (29 %)         Terrorism (19 %)        Govt. spending (27 %)

Carson               3 %                           4 %                               6 %                         5 %
Cruz                  18 %                           12 %                           20 %                       24 %
Rubio                23 %                            47 %                        44 %                      41 %
Trump               56 %                            37 %                         33 %                       30 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (24 %)          Shares my values (30 %)    Tells it like it is (20 %) Can bring change (24 %)

Carson               2 %                           8 %                                         2 %                             4 %
Cruz                  10 %                           39 %                                        5 %                        17 %
Rubio                62 %                            36 %                                      16 %                         20 %
Trump               26 %                            17 %                                     77 %                         59 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2017, 06:29:46 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 02:56:44 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech in Las Vegas, Nevada

Thank you Nevada.

Thanks to our victory in Nevada, we proved my ability to expand and grow our party due to a strong appeal among Hispanics because as one of them and since I was myself raised paycheck to paycheck I know their concerns and they will live better lives by fixing our immigration system to give them access to American citizenship, giving them better education through school choice, and allowing them to prosper through the ratification of a free trade agreement between the United States and Latin America.

Nosotros, el pueblo de los Estados Unidos todos somos uno y vamos formar una Unión más perfecta.

We made a great step to the diversification of our party and that's how we're going to beat the Democratic nominee.

Now let's go to Super Tuesday and we will make a step much closer to the nomination and to America's victory in November.

Thank you, God bless Nevada and God bless America.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies