Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:35:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 203852 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: May 22, 2021, 11:44:58 PM »

AC 360 SPECIAL EDITION
„The Countdown to the Iowa Caucuses“
9 PM HOUR

Good Evening, it's 9pm in Washington, 8pm in Chicago, 7pm in Denver and 6pm in Los Angeles. Whereever you watching from the US and around the world thanks for joining us for the 2nd Hour of Anderson Cooper 360 „The Countdown to the Iowa Caucuses“

CNN PLAYS THE „ANDERSON COOPER 360“ INTRO

Anderson Cooper, Host „AC 360“

I am Anderson Cooper. Welcome back! During this Hour we will sweep around the Presidential Candidates Headquarters in the State of Iowa. Joining us now from Ames, Iowa is our Correspondent Sara Murray who is inside a Campaign Event by Vice President Nikki Haley with two Special Guests. Sara, take it from here!

Sara Murray, CNN Correspondent reporting from Ames, Iowa

Thank You Anderson! Good Evening from Ames, Iowa! Vice President Haley has been cris-crossing the Hawkeye State to shore up support for the Caucuses on Monday. She has been campaigning on Taxas, Free Trade, Energy and wrapped up a Campaign Event here in Ames a short while ago. I've now two Special Guests & the most prominent Politicians standing next to me, Iowa Senator Joni Ernst and Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds who both endorsed the Vice-President. First Question to you Senator Ernst, how do you think the Race stands two Days away from the Caucuses?

Joni Ernst, Iowa Senator

Well Sara, I am not actually very good at predicting things but I feel optimistic for Monday. It's going to be a very close Race. Vice President Haley & Senator Sasse have run very good, effective Campaigns here in Iowa. Most importantly they have kept it civil so Iowans can make an educated choice whom they want as Republican Nominee for President. During past Caucuses a lot of barbs would have been traded, not this time. I do feel though that Vice President Nikki Haley gives us the best chance to keep the White House for another four years. As you well know I endorsed then Candidate Marco Rubio before the 2016 Iowa Caucuses who then became later our President. It's been a fruitful seven years for the Country but especially here in Iowa because of his Tax Policies & Free Enterprise and Trade. Vice President Haley would continue to implement these Policies.

How do you feel Governor Reynolds?

Kim Reynolds, Iowa Governor

Nervous but also optimistic Sara! Senator Ernst spoke about the Policies that President Rubio and Vice President Haley implemented during the last seven years and I couldn't agree more with her. For me supporting Vice President Haley it's also a personal story. I was in a very tight Race for Governor in 2022 and Nikki Haley time and time again came to Iowa supporting our Campaign and campaigning for me on her own despite her busy schedule as Vice President and I think it make a huge difference in the Race. Iowa Republicans who do support the Vice President will vote for someone they can absolutely proud of. Her Story implements the American Dream as we know it.

Thank You both Senator Ernst & Governor Reynolds. That's the story here from Ames. Back to you in the Studio Anderson!

Thank You Sara for your Report! From Ames we move to Sioux City where the Vice Presidents Chief Rival, Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse has just wrapped up a Campaign Event and our own CNN Correspondent Jessica Schneider is standing by. What's the mood over there Jessica?

Jessica Schneider, CNN Correspondent reporting from Sioux City, Iowa

Good Evening from Sioux City Anderson! I would say that they are cautiously optimistic in the Sasse Campaign. Aides telling me that they saw a bump for Vice President Haley after she got all these Endorsements but that has now subsided a bit and I think that it reflected in the new Des Moines Register/Iowa Poll which was released an hour ago and has the Vice President ahead by 3 Points. It's indeed a very close Race here. Interestingly both, Senator Sasse and Senator held duelling Campaign Events in Western Iowa over the last 24-48 Hours and there was such a contrast between those two Senators and their Supporters. Senator Sasses Supporters seem way more enthusiastic & firm in their support compared to Senator Cottons Supporters. When I pressed Senator Sasse on what he would do even if he doesn't win Iowa he didn't seem to be someone who would drop out of the Race. He also has Endorsements from Rep. Randy Feenstra & Senator Pat Grassley which could be a huge help come Monday. A lot of former Staffers for Ted Cruz & Rick Santorums Iowa Campaigns are running the State for the Nebraska Senator. Back to you Anderson!

Cecila Vega, CNN Senior Political Analyst & Special Correspondent

Let's now turn to the Democratic Race in Iowa. Our own Correspondent René Marsh who has covered the Presidential Campaign of Illinois Governor Chris Kennedy is standing by in Dubuque, Iowa. How do they feel over there René?

René Marsh, CNN Correspondent reporting from Dubuque, Iowa

Good Evening from Dubuque, Iowa. Well, publicly they are still optimistic Cecilia but privatly they acknowledging that Senator Kamala Harris might have a slight edge here. This comes from Sources who are not affiliated with any of the Presidential Campaigns but from Iowa Democrats/Activists within the State who have done the Caucuses multiple times which I have spoken to over the last few Days. Caucuses are though notoriously difficult to predict. What's interesting though is that Governor Kennedy recently turned his attacks to Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey accusing him of misleading Iowans. Why? It's the crucial Iowa Independent Voters where the Governor has seen his support being eroded. The Kennedy Campaign needs these Independents to come out on Monday. When I asked Senior Campaign Aides if New Hampshire would be in jeopardy they stayed mum. A Poll by the Saint Anselm College, released last month showed the Race between Kennedy and Senator Harris a Toss Up with Kennedy up two Percentage Points. Supporters of the Illinois Governor pointing out that the recent Endorsements in particular Senator Michelle Obama and former Iowa Governor & Agriculture Secretary under President Obama Tom Vilsack as well as the Des Moines Register for Senator Harris took the air somewhat out of the Kennedy Campaign and they are on the tough end to rebuild it. They were leading in Iowa for the most part of 2023. Back to you in the Studio!

Thank You René! From the Kennedy Campaign we go to our Final Stop of this Hours AC360. The Democratic Frontrunner, Senator Kamala Harris has just wrapped up a Campaign Event in Bettendorf, Iowa where our own CNN Correspondent Rebecca Berg is standing by. Rebecca, what is the feeling over there?

Rebecca Berg, CNN Correspondent reporting from Bettendorf, Iowa

Good Evening from Bettendorf, Iowa! Well Cecila, there were some loud cheers when the Des Moines Register/Iowa Poll came out showing Senator Harris up 6 Percentage Points but after that it was straight back to work. I have to say this Campaign is acting more like they are behind instead of being in the lead. Very impressive. In her remarks to the Crowd here Senator Harris took aim at the new Jobs Report that came out this week calling it "Progress" but warning that "We are not out of the woods just yet". The Economy seems to be still the most important Issue here in Iowa.

Look, I am very pleased the Economy seems to be starting to turn around and people are finding work. But there is still work to do and that requires making sure that rich people pay their fair share so that the middle-class and lower income Americans can accomplish their American Dream!

When asked about Foreign Policy by an Iowa Voter Senator Harris pivoted to the North Korea Sanctions Act in July 2017 when we had the North Korean Nuclear Crisis which she co-sponsored with Republican Senator Dan Sullivan. Senator Harris said she would not change much compared to the current Administration if she were to be elected President. We also need to remind ourselves that Iowa wasn't on the radar for the Harris Campaign until last summer & early fall when they saw an opening to compete here. I am now here with two surrogates of the Harris Campaign, New Jersey Senator Sheila Oliver and former Iowa Governor & Agriculture Secretary under President Obama Tom Vilsack. First to you Senator Oliver: How do you feel two Days before the Caucuses?

Sheila Oliver, New Jersey Senator

Optimistic but also nervous as you never really know how Caucuses can shake out. I do think that Senator Harris has run a good Campaign here in Iowa and also around the Country keeping it on the Issues and not straying into personal attacks. She also made a compelling case about her life story as well as her bipartisanship in the Senate because unless we get a massive Democratic Wave in November she will need to reach across the aisle and work with a potential Republican House and Senate. She has demonstrated she can do that numerous times over the course of the last seven years. I think we are in a good place heading into Monday.

How do you feel Governor Vilsack?

Well, cautiously optimistic if I could describe it. I know my State pretty well but there is always be that underlying thing about Turnout especially in Caucuses and you don't quite how many of your Voters turn out on Caucus Day. I do agree with Senator Oliver that we are in a good place. Senator Harris has been ahead since the end of last year and into this year. Sometimes that lead was smaller, sometimes bigger but it's consistent and I think it's because of her consistent message of bipartisanship, the Economy, her championing the Opportunity Act 2018, etc. You know Iowa wasn't excatly a taylor-made State for her as it is predominantly white, less diverse, older. All Demograhics her Opponents should be better suited for but she has run solid Campaign. A Win here would sent a strong Message to upcoming States particular New Hampshire which has similar Demographics.

Thank You both Senator Oliver & Governor Vilsack. That's the Report here from Bettendorf, Iowa. Back to you in the Studio Cecilia & Anderson!

That concludes our two hour Special „The Countdown to the Iowa Caucuses“ for tonight. We will see you on Monday for the Iowa Caucuses.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1451 on: May 24, 2021, 01:13:09 PM »

Go Haley
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1452 on: June 25, 2021, 08:45:21 PM »

CNN SPECIAL PRESENTATION
AMERICA'S CHOICE 2024
„THE IOWA CAUCUSES“

THIS IS A CNN SPECIAL PRESENTATION

Good Evening, it's 7pm in Washington, 6pm in Des Moines, 5pm in Denver and 4pm in Los Angeles. Whereever you watching from the US and around the world thanks for joining us CNN's Special Coverage AMERICA'S CHOICE 2024
„THE IOWA CAUCUSES“

CNN PLAYS THE „AMERICA'S CHOICE 2024“ INTRO

I am Anderson Cooper. We're now less than an hour away from the first Results of Iowa Caucuses, the First-In-The-Nation Contest to start the 2024 Presidential Election. Many of the Halls & Schools across the Hawkye State have already opened their Doors. We will be in all of the Major Presidential Candidates Headquarters with our well known Correspondents who have covered these Candidates for the past year.  Accompanying me here in the „CNN ELECTION CENTER“ will be CNN's Chief Political Analyst Dana Bash and CNN's Senior Political Analyst & Special Correspondent Cecilia Vega. Keeping Track of our Entrance Polls will be our CNN Political Director David Chalian, following the Vote Count County by County will our own John King. Joining us from the Convention Center in Downtown Des Moines, Iowa will be Jake Tapper, „Host of CNN's State of the Union“ and Erin Burnett, „Host of CNN's OUTFRONT“. Jake, over to you in Des Moines!

Jake Tapper, Host CNN „State of the Union“ reporting from Des Moines, Iowa

Thank You Anderson! Good Evening from Des Moines, Iowa. What an exciting Night in prospect to kick of the 2024 Presidential Race! Who knows what's going to happen here in Iowa tonight? Accompanying me here is Erin Burnett, „Host of CNN's OUTFRONT“. Welcome Erin! What are you looking forward to? Which Candidates do you think have most to lose?

Erin Burnett, Host CNN „OUTFRONT“ reporting from Des Moines, Iowa

Thank You Jake! Well, here we are! It's finally here. Since we don't have any Results I am very much looking to the Entrance Polling that David Chalian will give us in a few moments time. The Expectation on the Democratic Side is that this years Electorate will be not as liberal & compared to 2020 when Bernie Sanders won here. Also, the Democratic Caucuses are not straight forward. What happens with the Candidates like Governors Edwards or McAuliffe who might not crack the 15 % threshold. Watch their Supporters! As for Republicans the White Evangelical Vote is crucial here in Iowa! That Voting bloc is going up here in Iowa. In 2012 it was 57 % who described themselves White-Born Again Christians, in 2016 when Senators Rubio & Cruz battled for the Evangelical Vote it was 62 %. Senators Sasse & Cotton will need an overwhelming chuck of that Vote to win tonight. Also, generally speaking more Men than Women Vote are voting during Republican Primaries & Caucuses. However which Vice President Haley generating so much interest this year that might change.
As far as your 2nd Question is concerned I think Governor Chris Kennedy has most to lose when it comes to Democrats while Senators Sasse has most to lose when it comes to Republicans. If for example Governor Kennedy comes in 3rd behind the two Senators Harris & Casey his Campaign could be severy crippled going into New Hampshire next week. Many people do not see a path forward for Senator Sasse if he loses Iowa.

That's it from us her in Des Moines for the time being. Back to you in Washington, Anderson!

Thank You Jake & Erin! Let's get straight to out Political Director David Chalian who has some earlish Entrance Poll Numbers! David, what are you seeing?

IOWA CAUCUSES
ENTRANCE POLL
DEMOCRATS

Female = 56 %

Vote by Race
White = 91 %
Black = 3 %
Latino = 4 %
Other = 2 %

Vote by Age
18 - 29 = 15 %
30 - 44 = 19 %
45 - 64 = 36 %
65 and older = 31 %

Vote by Income
Under 50K = 20 %
50K - 100K = 38 %
100K or more = 42 %

Vote by Party ID
Democrats = 74 %
Republicans = 2 %
Independents = 24 %

Ideology
Liberal = 58 %
Moderate = 38 %
Conservative = 4 %

First-Time Caucus Attendee
Attended Before = 65 %
First-Time Attendee = 33 %

Democrats should nominate
Agrees with you on the Issues = 28 %
Can win in November = 70 %

When did decide whom to vote for?
In 2024 = 58 %
Before that = 42 %

Area
Urban = 30 %
Suburban = 28 %
Rual = 42 %

David Chalian, CNN Political Director

Let's look at the Democratic Race in Iowa first! When you look at Gender that's roughly in line what we saw in 2016 & 2020. However when you look at the Age the youth vote is slightly down while the Senior Vote is up. That might be because we have no Bernie Sanders type Democrat in the Race and Iowa has also shifted right as a whole. We have also less First-Time Caucus Goers this year as well as a more moderate Electorate and less liberal. What's also striking Democrats are looking more for Candidate that can win in November, in fact 70 % of Respondents told us that while only 28 % want a Candidate who stands with them on the Issues. Also 58 % decided whom to vote for this year which probably would help California Senator Kamala Harris since she was leading the Polls in January and in the Run-Up to the Caucuses. I want to stress though that these are early Entrance Polls. People can still change their minds as they attend the Caucuses. We also don't from the Candidates who don't reach the 15 % threshold whom they would then align themselves!

REPUBLICANS

Female = 51 %

Vote by Race
White = 95 %
Black = 2 %
Latino = 2 %
Other = 1 %

Vote by Age
18 - 29 = 10 %
30 - 44 = 16 %
45 - 64 = 48 %
65 and older = 27 %

Vote by Income
Under 50K = 34 %
50K - 100K = 26 %
100K or more = 40 %

Vote by Party ID
Democrats = 2 %
Republicans = 81 %
Independents = 17 %

Ideology
Liberal = 1 %
Moderate = 19 %
Conservative = 80 %

White Born-Again Evangelical Christian
Yes = 65 %
No = 35 %

First-Time Caucus Attendee
Attended Before = 56 %
First-Time Attendee = 44 %

Republicans should nominate
Agrees with you on the Issues = 38 %
Can win in November = 62 %

When did decide whom to vote for?
In 2024 = 37 %
Before that = 62 %

Area
Urban = 18 %
Suburban = 35 %
Rual = 47 %

Let's also quickly take a look at the Republican Race in Iowa. These earlish Entrance Polls are indicating that we could have a very close Race in the State. If you look from Vice President Haleys standpoint she probably would have liked a more moderate Electorate in Iowa. On the flip side more Women then Men are caucusing today. This is the first time at least that I can remember that Women outpacing Men in a Republican Caucus in Iowa. A bright spot for Senator Sasse, who seems to be the Vice Presidents Chief Rival here is that almost half of the Republican Electorate here in the Hawkeye State are coming from rual areas. We also have fewer First-Time Caucus Goers and 81 % are Republicans. However 62 % of Respondents want someone who can win in November while only 38 % want someone who stands with them on the Issues. This is still a fluid situation since people can still change their minds when they attend the Caucuses. Back to you Anderson!

Thank You David for those early Entrance Poll Results! Fascinating Numbers indeed. I now want to go over to Chief Political Analyst Dana Bash and Senior Political Analyst Cecilia Vega who have a Panel ready to asses. Dana, take it from here!

Dana Bash, CNN Chief Political Analyst

Thanks Anderson! I am here with my colleague Cecilia Vega and we have a star-stuttled panel accompanying us: Former Senior Advisor for the 2012 Mitt Romney Presidential Campaign & Republican Analyst Kevin Madden, former Deputy Communications Director for the 2008 McCain Campaign & Republican Strategist Nicolle Wallace, former Senior Advisor for President Obama David Axelrod and the President of Voter Latino Maria Cardona. Welcome to you all! My first Question to David, what do you make of these early Entrance Poll Numbers on the Democratic Side. Do you see any surprises?

David Axelrod, CNN Political Analyst & former Obama Senior Advisor

Well Dana, I think it's waaay too early to draw to any conclusions until we see some hard Numbers. Even these Entrance Poll Numbers could be changed. However I say this right know they look more aligned to the Pre-Caucus Public Polls we have seen over the last month and the last week in particular. The Youth Vote is down, less liberals voting today and especially 70 % looking for a Candidate who can win in November you would think bodes well for Senator Harris. Also the Urban Vote seems to be down a bit during this years Caucus and the rual vote where Harris campaigned a lot looks like is up. We'll have to see how this pans out though!

Maria Cardona, CNN Political Commentator & President of Voter Latino

I am also looking at the Independent Vote Dana. We have a Quarter of Independents caucusing in the Iowa Democratic Caucus. Those Independents may tell us a lot what could happen here in Iowa but more importantly in New Hampshire. Independent Voters have been becoming more open to Senator Harris unifying message over the last few months and I think if she carries those Voters that would bode well for her in New Hamsphire where Independents are the largest Voting Bloc. It's how Republican John McCain won the New Hampshire Primary in 2008. We will see!

Speaking of Republicans. Let's look at the Republican Race a bit now. What do you see in these Entrance Polls Kevin?

Kevin Madden, former Romney Senior Advisor & Republican Political Analyst

It looks like a very close Race to me. Both Candidates, in particular Vice President Haley and Senator Sasse seem to have some certain strengths and weaknesses here in Iowa and that makes it a close Race. VP Haley will certainly like that the Republican Caucus-Goers say that they are looking for a Candidate who can win in November while Senator Sasse will like the high Number of Evangelicals coming out today. Just like on the Democratic Side of things it's waaay too early to draw to any conclusions until we see some hard numbers.

Nicolle Wallace, former McCain Deputy Communications Director & Republican Strategist

Kevin, Vice President Haley though must be encouraged seeing a lot of Women coming out in Iowa tonight. That's unheard of and could make the Difference tonight. President Rubio sort of remade the Republican Party in the last eight years or so. Women have been more open supporting Republican Candidates over the last few Election Cycles. That's actually one of the big reasons I think Republicans managed to defend their Congressional Majorities. When John McCain & Mitt Romney ran in 2008 & 2012 Democrats enjoyed are historically large gender gap, particularly in 2008 when I worked with the McCain Campaign. That has been reduced. It's going to be interesting if these Numbers hold throughout the Primary Season. Yes, we have had Female Candidates running for President before but no one who actually had a shot at the Republican Nomination. That's different with Vice President Haley this year. We'll see!

Thank You for all of your Insights! With that I toss it over to our own John King who is at the Magic Wall together with Anderson!

STATES VOTING TODAY

DEM RACE: 51 Delegates at Stake
GOP RACE: 40 Delegates at Stake

John King, Senior National Political & Election Analyst

Well Anderson, it's finally here. The Iowa Caucuses and we will actually count some Votes. For the Democrats I am looking at the 2008 Caucus County Map. Will this be a 3-way Race similar to the Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton/John Edwards which Obama won by about 8 Points. Obama did well in the rual areas as well as in the urban areas not allowing Clinton to run up the margins. Senator Harris has to do the same if she wants to carry Iowa.
For Republicans I am looking at the 2008 Map between Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney because that could closely mirror the Map between Vice President Haley and Senator Sasse. Sasse needs to do well in Rual Western Iowa to offset what the Vice President gets in the urban & suburban areas around Des Moines, Dubuque and other Cities.

Thank You John! After a Commercial Break we will have the First Votes of the 2024 Presidential Race here in Iowa! Stay tuned with CNN throughout the Night!

CNN COMMERCIAL BREAK
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1453 on: July 08, 2021, 08:55:15 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2021, 04:29:33 PM by UWS »

IOWA CAUCUSES, 2024

CNN America's Choice theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CNN_Politics_22450067.png
Anderson Cooper : Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I’m Anderson Cooper from CNN’s Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of the 2024 Iowa presidential caucuses, a contest that is make or break for the major candidates for their parties’ nomination for President, both on the Republican and the Democratic sides. On the Republican side, we can see that Senator Ben Sasse currently holds a small lead over Vice-President Nikki Haley in Iowa as he is sharing dominance with Senator Tom Cotton in western Iowa, including in the Woodburry County, home to Sioux City. That is mostly thanks to that region’s proximity with his home state of Nebraska.

Iowa Republican caucuses (1 % reported) - 35 delegates

Ben Sasse : 26 %
Nikki Haley : 23 %
Tom Cotton : 22 %
Chris Sununu : 10 %
Charlie Baker : 8 %
Larry Hogan : 6 %

Cooper : On the Democratic side, it is reported that Senator Kamala Harris is currently set for a good night as she is leading her opponents in Iowa by 4 percentage points, though she leads Senator Bob Casey Jr. by single digits in the Woodburry County.

Iowa Democratic caucuses (1 % reported) - 55 delegates

Kamala Harris : 24 %
Chris Kennedy : 20 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 17 %
John Bel Edwards : 14 %
Terry McAuliffe : 10 %
Andrew Yang : 3 %

Cooper : It is now 8:30 pm and we can project that Vice-President Haley is gaining on Senator Sasse in Iowa as she dominates in more center regions, including the Polk County, home to Des Moines, and the Story County, home to Ames where she earns the support of farmers and most of the business community. In more northern counties, Senators Sasse and Cotton are battling for the evangelical vote there.

Iowa Republican caucuses (25 % reported) - 35 delegates
Ben Sasse : 27 %
Nikki Haley : 26 %
Tom Cotton : 23 %
Charlie Baker : 7 %
Larry Hogan : 5 %

Cooper : In the Democratic contest, Senator Harris increased her lead thanks to strong showing in Des Moines, Ames and Newton, a region which her campaign considered as the key to a win in Iowa and where she earns the support of mainstream Democratic voters.

Iowa Democratic caucuses (25 % reported) - 55 delegates

Kamala Harris : 28 %
Chris Kennedy : 22 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 18 %
John Bel Edwards : 15 %

Cooper : It is 9 pm and we can project that Vice-President Haley takes the lead in Iowa thanks to leads in more urban counties in Eastern Iowa, including the Scott County, home to Davenport, the Linn County, home to Cedar Rapids and the Muscatine County.

Iowa Republican caucuses (50 % reported) - 35 delegates

Nikki Haley : 28 %
Ben Sasse : 26 %
Tom Cotton : 22 %
Chris Sununu : 9 %
Charlie Baker : 7 %

Cooper : Senator Harris and Governor Kennedy are sharing dominance in eastern Iowa that neighboring Kennedy’s home state of Illinois. Illinois Senator Michelle Obama’s endorsement to Harris seems to be proven to be helpful for the California Senator in Iowa where her husband Barack Obama blew Hillary Clinton and John Edwards 16 years ago, propelling him to the Democratic nomination after Clinton was perceived as the uncontestable favorite for the nomination.

Iowa Democratic caucuses (50 % reported) - 55 delegates

Kamala Harris : 29 %
Chris Kennedy : 24 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 19 %
Terry McAuliffe : 9 %

Cooper : It is 9:30 pm and as you can see, Senator Cotton is gaining ground in Western Iowa thanks to wins in the Sioux County  and in the O’Brien County. This battle for the evangelical vote between Senators Sasse and Cotton seems to be benefiting Vice-President Haley in Iowa just like the split of that electoral group and more social conservative voters between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz helped Marco Rubio win the 2016 Iowa Republican caucuses, giving him the necessary momentum to win the Republican nomination.

Iowa Republican caucuses (75 % reported) - 35 delegates

Nikki Haley : 28 %
Ben Sasse : 25 %
Charlie Baker : 6 %
Larry Hogan : 4 %

Cooper : Senator Harris tops her rivals in the Dubuque County, home to Dubuque. Governor Kennedy, meanwhile, narrowly wins the Black Hawk County, home to Waterloo.

Iowa Democratic caucuses (75 % reported) - 55 delegates

Kamala Harris : 30 %
Chris Kennedy : 25 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 20 %
Terry McAuliffe : 9 %
Andrew Yang : 2 %

Cooper : It is 10 pm and CNN projects that Nikki Haley wins the Iowa Republican caucuses with a narrow margin, beating Ben Sasse with 27 % of the vote over Sasse’s 25 % and Tom Cotton’s 23 %. That victory will likely boost her chances to win the Republican nomination along with her likely victory in her home state of South Carolina in 3 weeks. But first, we have to see how the New Hampshire primary turns out as this contest is announced to be a showdown between Governors Sununu and Baker who skipped Iowa to focus more on New Hampshire.

Iowa Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 35 delegates

Nikki Haley : 27 % ✔
Ben Sasse : 25 %
Chris Sununu : 11 %
Charlie Baker : 8 %
Larry Hogan : 6 %

NIKKI HALEY WINS THE IOWA REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES
Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikki_Haley#/media/File:Nikki_Haley_official_photo.jpg

Cooper : On the Democratic side, Kamala Harris will win the Iowa caucuses with a margin of 7 percentage points over Chris Kennedy, which is a similar margin by which then-Senator Barack Obama defeated John Edwards and Hillary Clinton in that state in the 2008 caucuses. The Harris campaign hopes that this win will propel her to the nomination by following the footsteps of Obama’s success in the 2008 primaries though the Kennedy campaign can hope that the Illinois Governor’s second place finish in Iowa will keep his chances in New Hampshire alive and well.

Iowa Democratic caucuses (100 % reported) - 55 delegates

Kamala Harris : 31 % ✔
Chris Kennedy : 24 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 21 %
Terry McAuliffe : 7 %

KAMALA HARRIS WINS THE IOWA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES
Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kamala_Harris_official_photo_(cropped2).jpg

Cooper : CNN can now project the delegate allocation in the Iowa caucuses.

Iowa Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 35 delegates

Nikki Haley : 27 % ✔ - 10 delegates
Ben Sasse : 25 % - 9 delegates
Tom Cotton : 23 % - 8 delegates
Chris Sununu : 11 % - 4 delegates
Charlie Baker : 8 % - 3 delegates
Larry Hogan : 6 % - 1 delegate

Iowa Democratic caucuses (100 % reported) - 55 delegates

Kamala Harris : 31 % ✔ - 19 delegates
Chris Kennedy : 24 % - 15 delegates
Bob Casey Jr. : 21 % - 13 delegates
John Bel Edwards : 15 % - 8 delegates
Terry McAuliffe : 7 % - 0 delegate
Andrew Yang : 2 % - 0 delegate

Cooper : Thank you ladies and gentlemen for following the coverage of the Iowa Caucuses. We’ll see you next week for the coverage of the New Hampshire presidential primary. Have a good night.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1454 on: July 08, 2021, 01:39:57 PM »

The Tea PArty wing is finished as at this point only Sununu has any chance of winning a state and if Haley wins NH she will take all 50 states
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1455 on: July 08, 2021, 01:42:08 PM »

I'm kind of in awe that this timeline has gone on for almost 4 and a half years and almost 60 pages and it's STILL going strong.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1456 on: August 21, 2021, 09:44:27 PM »

Republican Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Nikki Haley : 10 delegagtes, 27 % of the vote
Ben Sasse : 9 delegates, 25 % of the vote
Tom Cotton : 8 delegates, 23 % of the vote
Chris Sununu : 4 delegates, 11 % of the vote
Charlie Baker : 3 delegates, 8 % of the vote
Larry Hogan : 1 delegate, 6 % of the vote

2250 delegates in total
1276 delegates needed to win the nomination

Democratic Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Kamala Harris : 19 delegates, 31 % of the vote
Chris Kennedy : 15 delegates, 24 % of the vote
Bob Casey Jr. : 13 delegates, 21 % of the vote
John Bel Edwards : 8 delegates, 15 % of the vote
Terry McAuliffe : 0 delegate, 7 % of the vote
Andrew Yang : 0 delegate, 2 % of the vote

4763 delegates in total
2382 delegates needed to win the nomination
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1457 on: September 05, 2021, 09:16:45 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2021, 03:09:49 PM by UWS »

New Polls (February 8, 2024)

Nationwide polls

Republicans
Nikki Haley : 35 %
Tom Cotton : 16 %
Ben Sasse : 16 %
Chris Sununu : 13 %
Charlie Baker : 11 %
Undecided : 3 %

Democrats
Kamala Harris : 33 %
Chris Kennedy : 20 %
Terry McCauliffe : 8 %
Undecided : 3 %

New Hampshire polls

Republicans
Chris Sununu : 30 %
Charlie Baker : 22 %
Nikki Haley : 19 %
Larry Hogan : 13 %
Ben Sasse : 8 %
Tom Cotton : 7 %
Undecided : 1 %

Democrats
Kamala Harris : 26 %
Chris Kennedy : 22 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 18 %
John Bel Edwards : 13 %
Terry McCauliffe : 10 %
Andrew Yang : 5 %
Undecided : 6 %

South Carolina polls

Republicans
Nikki Haley : 47 %
Tom Cotton : 19 %
Ben Sasse : 17 %
Chris Sununu : 8 %
Charlie Baker : 4 %
Larry Hogan : 3 %
Undecided : 2 %

Nevada polls

Democrats
Chris Kennedy : 23 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 20 %
John Bel Edwards : 16 %
Terry McCauliffe : 7 %

South Carolina polls

Democrats
Kamala Harris : 40 %
John Bel Edwards : 20 %
Chris Kennedy : 15 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 15 %
Terry McCauliffe : 8 %
Andrew Yang : 1 %

Nevada polls

Republicans
Nikki Haley : 32 %
Ben Sasse : 19 %
Tom Cotton : 17 %
Charlie Baker : 6 %
Larry Hogan : 4 %
Undecided : 12 %
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1458 on: September 05, 2021, 09:59:25 PM »

Harris would easily lose imo to Haley and it sorta of would resemble 1988 with Rubio being Reagan , Haley being HW Bush and Harris being Dukakis
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1459 on: September 18, 2021, 09:18:16 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2021, 03:24:23 PM by UWS »

CNN AMERICA'S CHOICE 2024
„POST-IOWA ANALYSIS & OVERNIGHT COVERAGE“ (February 6, 2024)
with John Berman, Christine Romans & Poppy Harlow

The Results are in. Iowans have made their choice in the long Road to become the next President of the United States. It's 12am in Washington, 11pm in Des Moines, Iowa, 10pm in Dever and 9pm in Los Angeles. Whereever you watching from the US and around the world thanks for joining us for CNN's continuous Special Coverage AMERICA'S CHOICE 2024
„THE IOWA CAUCUSES“

CNN PLAYS THE „AMERICA'S CHOICE 2024“ INTRO

John Berman, Host „CNN NEW DAY“

I am John Berman. If you are just joining us from the West Coast CNN PROJECTED earlier last Night that California Senator Kamala Harris has won the IOWA CAUCUSES on the Democratic Side defeating Illinois Governor Chris Kennedy by an impressive 31-24 margin with Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey garnering 21 % of the Vote. CNN also earlier last Night PROJECTED that Nikki Haley, the Vice President of the United States and former South Carolina Governor has won the IOWA CAUCUSES on the Republican Side beating Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse in a barnburner of a Race by a close 27-25 margin with Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton coming in 3rd garnering 23 % of the Vote. What will this for the New Hampshire Primary next week? We will discuss that with our Political Panel shortly. We also will be in all of the Major Presidential Candidates Headquarters with our well known Correspondents who have covered these Candidates for the past year to get some Reactions to the Results. Accompanying me here in the „CNN ELECTION CENTER“ will be my Co-Host of CNN's „NEW DAY“ Christine Romans and CNN's Afternoon Anchor Poppy Harlow. Poppy will be digging into some of the Entrance Polling as everyone is looking for clues and trendlines for future contests. Explaining the Results County-by-County where certain Candidates did well and where they didn't will be our own Phil Mattingly who will be at the Magic Wall. Finally, joining us from the Convention Center in Downtown Des Moines, Iowa at this late hour to give us their Insights and Reactions will be Jake Tapper, „Host of CNN's State of the Union“ and Erin Burnett, „Host of CNN's OUTFRONT“.

Thank You John! I am here with Erin Burnett, „Host of CNN's OUTFRONT“. Erin, what's your take on this eventful Night in Iowa tonight? Let's start with the Democrats first and then the Republican Race!

Erin Burnett, Host CNN „OUTFRONT“ reporting from Des Moines, Iowa

I think Senator Harris outperformed Expectations! You had a sense in the last few Days seeing their confidence grow that they could pull out a victory here in Iowa but they certainly did not expect to win the State by 7 Percentage Points. That is quite a big margin. Conversly when you looked at the Kennedy Campaign tonight they were a little bit shocked that this Race wasn't tighter. Senator Harris won a lot of Key Demographics in the by a bigger than expected margins especially Women & Independents.
When it comes to Republicans what can I say: What an extraordinarily close Race. Four Percentage Points between the Top 3 Candidates. Vice President Haley had a great Night which will set her up well for her Home State of South Carolina and Super Tuesday, when many Southern States will be voting. Senator Cotton ought to be disappointed finishing behind Haley and Senator Sasse. They certainly expected to do better! At the moment I think Haley has taken over the conservative mantle. It's going to be interesting how these 3 Candidates do in New Hampshire next week and there are lingering Questions about Senator Sasse having enough money to continue as he banked almost everything on an Iowa win.

Thank You Erin! With that Report I will sent it back to John Berman & Christine Romans in Washington!

Christine Romans, Co-Host „CNN NEW DAY“ (CNN Business Correspondent)

Thank You Jake! Let's sweep around the Campaign Headquarters and get their Reactions of the Results in Iowa. We begin with Rebecca Berg at the Harris Campaign! Rebecca, how will they move forward from Iowa?

Rebecca Berg, CNN Correspondent covering the Harris Campaign

They are obviously very upbeat here in the Harris Campaign about the Senators Victory tonight. The Crowd has thinned out quite bit though after Senator Harris Speech an hour or so ago. Aides though are telling me that Iowa is just one State and a lot can still happen. They feel they have the momentum and that's going to carry forward into New Hampshire which they say is another tough State for them. When I pressed them on if they could win New Hampshire as well they said "Let's see!" There is a Debate in Durham, New Hampshire hosted by WMUR & ABC NEWS this coming weekend so let's see how that goes. I also have some News to report: Senator Harris will be endorsed by New Hampshire Senator Ann-McLane Kuster, former Senator & Governor Jeanne Shaheen and former Governor Maggie Hassan in Manchester on Thursday. While some people might see this as a surprise I do not. Senator Harris campaigned a lot for then Congresswoman Kuster during the 2022 Midterm Elections and although the lost recent Races in the Granite State Jeanne Shaheen & Maggie Hassan are still decently popular in in the State. Back to you Christine in Washington!

Thank You Rebecca! Let's go to the Kennedy Campaign where our Correspondent René Marsh standing by in what must be a very difficult & disappointing Night for the Illinois Governor. René, how do they take this?

René Marsh, CNN Correspondent covering the Kennedy Campaign

They are obviously disappointed Christine! That been said having followed this Campaign from the beginning when Governor Kennedy announced his Campaign for President in April 2023 you got a sense that they might come just short here in Iowa. Having said that no one and I mean no one expected to lose to Senator Harris by 7 Percentage Points. That is quite a big margin. The Campaign & the Candidate have now a huge fight on their hands next week. When I pressed them on what this Result means for New Hampshire and if they can still win it they stayed mum on it. Hillary Clinton did win the New Hampshire Primary in 2008 after losing to then Candidate Barack Obama by 8 Percentage Points in the Iowa Caucuses. This is probably where they are hanging their hats on. The Problem with this is though: Hillary Clinton was obviously a much, much stronger Candidate back then. Back to you in Washington John & Christine!

Thank You René! From the Democratic Race we now move to the Republican Presidential Nomination. Our Correspondent Sara Murray is standing by at Haley Campaign Headquarters! Sara, I assume that they are very pleased how tonight went?

Sara Murray, CNN Correspondent covering the Haley Campaign

They were indeed very jubilant during the Vice Presidents Victory Speech awhile ago. However, this is still a very long Race and their toughest test will come undoubtedly next week in New Hampshire. Campaign Aides telling beating the two conservative Senators in the more moderate Granite State will be their biggest goal. They are not thinking too much about beating Governor Sununu or Baker right now. To give you a sense of Vice Preseident Haleys Campaign Schedule: While she will campaign in New Hampshire Haley will also spent one Day in Texas which votes on Super Tuesday where she will visit the US-Mexico Border and see how our Immigration System is going. She will also receive the Endorsement of Texas Governor Greg Abbott that Day who is a close ally of hers. Then after the New Hampshire she will spent a couple of Days in Nevada before returning to her Home State of South Carolina in anticipation of the South Carolina Primary. Back to you John in Washington!

Alright! Thank You Sara! Let's go now to the Campaign of Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton who finished 3rd in Iowa where our Correspondent Jessica Schneider is standing by. Jessica, what is the mood over there?

Jessica Schneider, CNN Correspondent covering the Cotton Campaign

It's a little bit of a mixed bag here at the Cotton Campaign. They are obviously disappointed that they could not finish higher in the Iowa Caucuses. On the other hand Campaign Aides telling me that they closed strongly. Senator Sasse was complicating things a lot here in Iowa for the Arkanasas Senator but they think that Sasse won't be running as strong in South Carolina and other States coming up on Super Tuesday so they say that there is still a pathway to the Nomination. It's onto New Hampshire for them after that Tom Cotton will divide up his Campaign Schedule between the Super Tuesday States, particular those surrounding his Home State of Arkansas and Nevada. That's it from me. Back to you in Washington Christine & John!

Thank You Jessica! Let's now go to our Correspondent Athena Jones who is covering the Campaign of Governor Chris Sununu and standing by at a wrapped up Campaign Event in Londonderry, New Hampshire. Governor Sununu skipped the Iowa Caucuses to focus on his Home State. Athena, what's the scene over there?

Athena Jones, CNN Correspondent covering the Sununu Campaign reporting from Londonderry, New Hampshire

Thank You Christine! Quite an interesting scene here in Londonderry. As the Iowa Results started triggling in Governor Sununu gave his Campaign Stump Speech particularly taking aim at Senators Cotton & Sasse labelling them working in a dysfunctional body and moving the Republican Party too far to the right. We cannot win with just a conservative message he said pointing out to the Democrats failures when they nominated a far-left liberal 4 years ago. On that same Speech he praised the Accomplishments of the Rubio Administration but pointed out as Governor he gets stuff done and he will work Day & Night in the White House just like he worked as Governor of New Hampshire. I also have some News to report that former Senator Kelly Ayotte, who recently announced her own bid for Governor to replace Sununu will endorse him at a Rally in Manchester on Thursday. Ayotte was the last remaining Republican Holdout to endorse in the Presidential Race. Sununu plans to go to Nevada after New Hampshire and more moderate States voting on Super Tuesday. Back to you in Washington!

Thank You Athena! Let's go now Poppy Harlow who is at the Voter Analysis Board. How did Senator Harris & Vice President Haley win last Night?

Poppy Harlow, „CNN Afternoon Anchor“

Well, they did it with their universal strength among Women Voters. Let me pop this up here: As you can see in the Democratic Race in Iowa 56 % of Voters caucusing were Women and Senator Harris gets 35 % of followed by Governor Kennedy at 25 % and Senator Casey at 19 %. Among Men who were 44 % of the Iowa Electorate Harris, Kennedy and Casey are split with Kennedy getting 23 %, Harris at 22 % and Casey at 21 %. Senator Harris also won among Independent Voters with 28 % of the Vote to Kennedy at 22 % and Casey at 20 %. She also bested the Illinois Governor among Voters who think she has the best chance winning in November. A similar scenario happened in the Republican Race were Vice President Haley won the Women Vote with 29 % of the Vote while on the Men Vote Haley, Sasse and Cotton are split. Haley too won among Voters who say she is the strongest Candidate in November. Back to John Berman who has now a Panel of Panelists ready to weigh in!

Thank You Poppy! I am here now with our Roundtable of Panelists, S. E. Cupp, Host of „S.E Cupp Unfitered“ and a frequent CNN Contributor, Rick Santorum, a former Pennsylvania Senator & Republican Strategist, Paul Begala who is also a frequent CNN Contributor and a former Clinton/Gore 1992 Senior Advisor and Jennifer Palmieri, who worked as White House Communications Director from 2013-2015 as well as having the same role for 2016 Presidential Campaign of Hillary Clinton. Welcome to you all! Rick, that was pretty close on the Republican Side of things, wasn't it?

Rick Santorum, former Pennsylvania Senator & Republican Strategist

Yes, it was. Well, we always knew it would be! The Numbers are probably a little bit closer than the Campaign of Vice President Haley would have liked but a Win is a Win. I think Haley owns her win tonight because of the Women Vote. If we look at the Results from the Entrance Polling that Poppy just gave us Haley got 29 % of that Voting Bloc while on the Mens Vote all the 3 Candidates are splitting them. More Women than Men caucused tonight. We don't know if that will hold up as we move further through the Primary Calendar. I think she is the heavy Favourite to win in South Carolina and usually the Candidate who wins that State wins the Nomination.

S. E Cupp, Host „SE Cupp Unfiltered“ & Republican Analyst

That's right. Since 1980, the winner of the South Carolina Republican primary has went on to win the nomination. The only exception is in 2012 when Newt Gingrich won the South Carolina primary but lost the nomination to Mitt Romney. Vice President Haley also won among Voters who said she is the strongest Candidate in November so that's a big plus to her. I agree with Rick that she is now the Favourite for South Carolina, her Home State and the Nomination. That being said I don't think it will be as straightforward as it seems right now. The Republican Field will be thinned out after New Hampshire with Hogan & Baker dropping out who will probably both endorse Governor Sununu. We all should remember that he was the Chairman of the Republican Governors Association during the 2022 Midterm Cycle. There are other States like Nevada who have moderate roots. I think as we move to Super Tuesday this Race will come down to Vice President Haley, Governor Sununu and Senator Cotton.

Let's now turn to the Democratic Race! That was a pretty emphatic win by Senator Harris in Iowa, wasn't it Jennifer?

Jennifer Palmieri, Democratic Analyst, former White House & Clinton 2016 Presidential Campaign Communications Director

It was! I don't think even the Harris Campaign expected to win by 7 Percentage Points. How did she do it? As Poppy alluded to she won big among Women, who is the strongest in November and among Independents, which definitly gives her a shot winning in New Hampshire. The Last Time a Democratic Presidential Candidate won both, Iowa & New Hampshire was also a Senator, John Kerry in 2004, though Bernie Sanders also did so four years ago but to be fair he was from Vermont and was the clear favorite in New Hampshire. Nevada and South Carolina looking good for Harris too.

Paul Begala, Democratic Strategist & 1992 Clinton/Gore Senior Advisor

Senator Harris is probably even in a stronger Position coming out of Iowa than Vice President Haley is on the Republican Side. As Jennifer just said New Hampshire has a very large Independent Voting Bloc, in fact there more registered Independents than Democrats & Republicans living in the Granite State. I also think the Field hasn't yet decided who will take on Senator Harris in sort of a 1-1 Scenario. For the most part we assumed it would be Governor Kennedy but maybe it's Senator Casey or Governor Edwards. The more moderate Candidates tried to squeeze her out but that did not work and the more liberal Candidates like McAuliffe attacked her and that didn't work either. The Reason I think is that Senator Harris established herself as some who get things done, her bipartisanship even if it means bucking her Party from time to time. She got elected the same Night Rubio won the Presidency in 2016 and although they have a completely different Ideology they came together on Key Issues like the Opportunity Act or Sanctions to North Korea in 2017. Senator Harris is a very different Senator & Candidate compared to when she was San Francisco District Attorney & Attorney General of California. Also, staying out of the 2020 Presidential Race contributed to her Popularity among the Establishment. I think that was the best Decision she's ever made!

Thank You all! That concludes our Post Iowa Coverage. Stay with CNN for the latest on the 2024 Presidential Campaign!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1460 on: September 19, 2021, 12:47:17 PM »

It’s BACK!
yay!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1461 on: October 03, 2021, 06:59:43 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2021, 07:05:54 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Presidency
February 2024, Part 2

February 6, 2024

Own creation
-Chris Kennedy campaigns in Concord, New Hampshire and unveils his campaign promise to make sure that by 2050 every car sold in America will be electric like Canada committed to do so by 2035. His nephew, Congressman Joe Kennedy III campaigns alongside him, touting his leadership as Governor of Illinois and touts his family’s role in political history and legacy.

February 7, 2024

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kamala_Harris_0.jpg
-A week from the New Hampshire primary, Kamala Harris receives the endorsements of Senator Ann McLane Kuster, former Governor Maggie Hassan & former Senator Jeanne Shaheen at a Rally in Manchester.

February 8, 2024

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kelly_Ayotte,_Official_Portrait,_112th_Congress_2_(cropped).jpg
-Chris Sununu gets the endorsement of former New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte during a rally in Londonderry, New Hampshire.

February 9, 2024

Own creation
-In Goffstown, New Hampshire, Larry Hogan touts his record of bi-partisanship as Governor of Maryland in an effort to appeal among New Hampshire’s independent voters. He notably cites the reduction of $1.2 billion in tax, roll and fee relief, 4 straight budgets with no tax increases, the highest funding for Maryland schools ever and regulatory changes on phosphorus nutrient pollution in the Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore of Maryland. He promises to continue President Rubio’s bi-partisan rhetoric if elected President for the sake of America’s progress.

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nikki_Haley_DV_Press_Conference_with_Sherriffs_(26643245805).jpg
During a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire, Vice-President Haley touts the benefits of the free trade policies of the Rubio Administration’s benefits on America, including New Hampshire, due to the Granite State’s proximity with Canada and to its exports $1.1 billion in goods and $343 million in services to North American neighbors as the export of communications equipment from New Hampshire to Canada and Mexico increased by more than 30 percent in the last decade thanks to the ratification of free trade agreements (notably with Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, India and Africa) in the last 8 years and as 1 out of 4 New Hampshire manufacturing firms do business in Canada and Mexico (74% of them being small- and medium-sized businesses). Haley promises that if elected President she will pursue President Rubio’s free trade policies for the sake of job creation in America through strong American competitiveness in the world economy and the promotion of free market.

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Charlie_Baker_official_photo_(cropped).jpg
In Milford, New Hampshire, Charlie Baker touts his leadership, as Governor of Massachusetts, to fight the Opioid Crisis through the formation of a working group to write a report formulating a statewide strategy to address the opioid epidemic in Massachusetts; the approval of a bill increasing access to recovery high schools, provide and require training for parents, public school nurses, public school sports coaches and trainers on the dangers of opioid use, allow hospitals to involuntarily hold addiction patients for 72 hours while attempting to place them in treatment, and restrict first-time opioid prescriptions to a three-day supply; signing into law a bill making fentanyl trafficking a crime; the provision of $6.8 million in grants to prescription drug misuse prevention programs for youth in 16 towns and $700,000 in grants to police and fire departments in more than 30 towns to facilitate bulk purchases of naloxone; and signing into law a bill repealing automatic driver's license suspensions for people convicted of drug crimes. He takes on the occasion to describe as a candidate ready to handle America’s national security challenges.

February 10, 2024

-The Republican presidential candidates meet each other for their 9th primary debate at the University of New Hampshire in Durham. The debate is moderated by George Stephanopoulos. Throughout the debate, Chris Sununu and Charlie Baker fought for first place in New Hampshire. In an effort to appeal among New Hampshire’s independent voters, Baker attacked Sununu for signing an abortion ban during his time as Governor making abortions after 24 weeks illegal. Sununu attacks Baker’s record as Governor of Massachusetts, citing Baker’s move to raise payroll taxes, his signing of gun control laws and his support to Merrick Garland’s SCOTUS nomination in 2016, which would have put America’s constitutional rights in jeopardy. Vice-President Haley begged her fellow candidates to settle down, declaring that this campaign isn’t about character and name calling but about who can get things done, thus taking on the occasion to portray as the most prepared candidate on stage to lead, citing her record as Governor as South Carolina and as Vice-President of the United States in which she helped President Rubio to fix America through advocating free enterprise, tax-cut and small government policies that gave the strongest economic recovery in modern history and through advocating strong national defense and diplomacy, thus putting America on the right track to win the War on Terror and giving long-term global peace.

Own creation; Own creation
-A few hours after the Republican debate, the Democratic presidential candidates meet each other for their 9th presidential primary debate at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, New Hampshire. This debate is also moderated by George Stephanopoulos and is mostly remarked by sharp attacks against Kamala Harris by Senator Bob Casey Jr. In fact, Casey blasted the California Senator for having put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations during her time as Attorney General of California “and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana.” The Pennsylvania Senator also cited the example of Kevin Cooper, a man on death row who many believe is innocent. He accused Harris of having blocked evidence that could be used to free Cooper. “The people who suffered under your reign as prosecutor, you owe them an apology”, Casey said. Chris Kennedy enjoyed the debate to tout his record as Governor of Illinois, citing the example of him being the only person on this stage to have raised the minimum wage to $15/hour, describing himself as a proven leader unlike most other candidates on the stage.

February 11, 2024
-Trying to impose himself as the candidate of progressive values in an effort to outperform expectations in New Hampshire by appealing among progressive voters who supported Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, Andrew Yang touts his progressive agenda, including banning fracking and focusing on green energy, raising the national minimum wage to $15/hour and universal health care coverage.

Own creation
-In Lebanon, New Hampshire, John Bel Edwards portrayed himself as a proven defender of civil rights, citing his signing, during his time as Governor of Lousiana, of an executive order to protect lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people from harassment or job dismissals, to state agencies from discrimination based on either gender identity or sexual orientation and to prohibit state agencies from discrimination based on either gender identity or sexual orientation. During a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire, Chris Sununu touts his accomplishment of increasing the affordability of education for the people of New Hampshire by approving, as Governor of the Granite State, legislation providing state-funded school choice vouchers to disadvantaged and low-income students, including at religious and private schools.

-Focusing more on Super Tuesday’s southern states than New Hampshire, Tom Cotton holds a campaign fundraiser in Dallas, Texas.

February 13, 2024

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:New_Hampshire_state_flag.png
-Democratic and Republican voters in New Hampshire head to the polls in the context of the 2024 New Hampshire primary.

February 14, 2024

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Donald_Trump,_Greg_Abbott_and_Rick_Perry_in_Oval_Office_(cropped).jpg
-During a rally in El Paso, Texas, Vice-President Haley gets the endorsement of Texas Governor Gregg Abbott. While visiting the US-Mexico border, he praised the Rubio Administration’s handling of America’s immigration system by securing the borders and granting US citizenship for immigrants in this country through prohibiting a registered provisional immigrant from becoming a lawful permanent resident until after the Secretary of State has certified the availability of visas for all petitions filed and approved before the enactment of this bill, authorize a registered provisional immigrant to receive a social security number, and to enlist in the Armed Forces; establishing a US-VISIT System; establishing merit-based system for future visa allocation taking into account education, employment experience, eligibility for a high demand occupation, relation to current citizens, and English language proficiency; establishing the nonimmigrant agricultural visa program for immigrants residing in foreign countries who come to the United States for a temporary period to work in the agriculture industry and requiring the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish additional border patrol stations and forward operating bases in the Southwest border region. He declared that under the leadership of Nikki Haley, Texas will continue to be a leader in terms of energy production and trade thanks to the continuation of the Rubio Administration energy, free enterprise, tax-cut and free trade policies.

February 15, 2024

Own creation
-President Rubio gives his 7th State of the Union Address.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1462 on: October 31, 2021, 07:44:24 PM »

Current
U. S. Governors

REPUBLICAN [34]

Kay Ivey (R-Alabama)
Mike Dunleavy (R-Alaska)
Lea Márquez Peterson (R-Arizona)
Tim Griffin (R-Arkanas)
Tony Hwang (R-Connecticut)
Adam Putnam (R-Florida)
Brian Kemp (R-Georgia)
Brad Little (R-Idaho)
Eric Holcomb (R-Indiana) Assumed Office after Governor Mike Pence was elected to the U. S. Senate
Kim Reynolds (R-Iowa)
Jeff Colyer (R-Kansas)
Daniel Cameron (R-Kentucky)
Billy Nungesser (R-Louisiana)
Tate Reeves (R-Mississippi)
Mike Parson (R-Missouri)
Tim Fox (R-Montana)
Jeff Fortenberry (R-Nebraska)
Adam Laxalt (R-Nevada)
Chris Sununu (R-New Hampshire)
John Sanchez (R-New Mexico)
Dan Forest (R-North Carolina)
Doug Burgum (R-North Dakota)
Mary Taylor (R-Ohio)
Kevin Stitt (R-Oklahoma)
Charlie Dent (R-Pennsylvania)
Henry McMaster (R-South Carolina) Assumed Office when Nikki Haley resigned to become Vice President of the United States
Kristi Noem (R-South Dakota)
Diane Black (R-Tennessee)
Greg Abbott (R-Texas)
Spencer Cox (R-Utah)
Phil Scott (R-Vermont)
Jim Justice (R-West Virginia)
Reince Priebus (R-Wisconsin)
Mark Gordon (R-Wyoming)

Chair Republican Governors Association: Lea Márquez Peterson (R-Arizona)

DEMOCRAT [16]

Gavin Newsom (D-California)
Jared Polis (D-Colorado)
John Carney (D-Delaware)
Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii)
Chris Kennedy (D-Illinois)
Janet Mills (D-Maine)
John Sarbanes (D-Maryland)
Maura Healey (D-Massachusetts)
Gretchen Whitmer (D-Michigan)
Tim Walz (D-Minnesota)
Phil Murphy (D-New Jersey)
Andrew Cuomo (D-New York)
Earl Blumenauer (D-Oregon)
James Langevin (D-Rhode Island)
Justin Fairfax (D-Virginia)
Jay Inslee (D-Washington)

Chair Democratic Governors Association: Gavin Newsom (D-California)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1463 on: October 31, 2021, 07:58:38 PM »

NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY, 2024

CNN America's Choice theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

Anderson Cooper : Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I’m Anderson Cooper from CNN’s Election Center. I welcome you to the coverage of the 2024 New Hampshire presidential primary, the first in the nation. This contest will either continue Nikki Haley and Kamala Harris’ edge for their party’s nomination or give their primary rivals some momentum in this primary process.

John King : That’s right. The New Hampshire Republican primary sounds, like it has been announced for a long time, like a showdown between Chris Sununu and Charlie Baker. Right now, Governor Sununu is leading Governor Baker by 8 percentage points as he leads in the Cheshire County. Thus far, the Massachusetts Governor is battling for second place in New Hampshire

New Hampshire Republican primary (1 % reported) - 20 delegates

Chris Sununu : 27 %
Charlie Baker : 19 %
Nikki Haley : 18 %
Larry Hogan : 11 %
Ben Sasse : 8 %
Tom Cotton : 7 %

Cooper : On the Democratic side, we can see that Kamala Harris and Chris Kennedy are tied for first place, 25 to 25.

New Hampshire Democratic caucuses (1 % reported) - 32 delegates

Kamala Harris : 25 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 15 %

Cooper : It is now 8:30 pm and we can project that Governor Baker is starting to reduce Governor Sununu’s lead in New Hampshire as he wins the Hillsborough and Rockingham counties that border his home state of Massachusetts.

New Hampshire Republican primary (25 % reported) - 20 delegates

Chris Sununu : 29 %
Charlie Baker : 23 %
Nikki Haley : 19 %
Ben Sasse : 9 %
Tom Cotton : 8 %

Cooper : For the Democrats, Chris Kennedy took the lead over Kamala Harris in New Hampshire as he won the 2 counties I just mentioned, taking advantage of their proximity with Massachusetts, the home state of the Kennedy family.

New Hampshire Democratic caucuses (25 % reported) - 32 delegates

Chris Kennedy : 28 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 16 %

Cooper : It is 9 pm and we can see a close race in the Merrimack County between Chris Sununu and Vice-President Haley who is also leading narrowly by 5 percentage points in the Strafford County. Governor Sununu wins the Belknap County.

New Hampshire Republican primary (50 % reported) - 20 delegates

Chris Sununu : 30 %
Nikki Haley : 21 %
Ben Sasse : 7 %
Tom Cotton : 6 %

Cooper : In the Democratic contest, Senator Harris narrowly leads Governor Kennedy in Merrimack County, more precisely by 3 percentage points. She also has an edge in the Belknap County. Governor Kennedy, meanwhile, wins the Strafford County.

New Hampshire Democratic caucuses (50 % reported) - 32 delegates

Chris Kennedy : 30 %
Kamala Harris : 27 %
Terry McAuliffe : 8%

Cooper : It is 9:30 pm and on the Republican side, we can see that Governor Sununu sweeps New Hampshire’s northern counties, including the Coos, Carroll and Crafton counties. He seems in the good position to win the primary. Now the real question is who will come second. In effect, Vice-President Haley and Governor Baker are tied for second place.

New Hampshire Republican primary (75 % reported) - 20 delegates

Chris Sununu : 33 %
Nikki Haley : 22 %
Charlie Baker : 21 %
Larry Hogan : 12 %
Ben Sasse : 6 %

Cooper : On the Democratic side, Chris Kennedy won all the northern counties while Kamala Harris wins the Sullivan County.

New Hampshire Democratic caucuses (75 % reported) - 32 delegates

Chris Kennedy : 32 %
Terry McAuliffe : 7 %

Cooper : It is 10 pm and we can project that Chris Sununu will win the New Hampshire Republican primary with 32 % of the vote, edging Charlie Baker by 8 percentage points and giving him the momentum that he needed for his campaign. Big win for Chris Sununu who was counting on a victory in his home state of New Hampshire to relaunch his campaign and to undermine competition from Charlie Baker for the moderate electorate.

New Hampshire Republican primary (100 % reported) - 20 delegates

Chris Sununu : 31 % ✔
Nikki Haley : 21 %
Larry Hogan : 12 %
Ben Sasse : 7 %

CHRIS SUNUNU WINS THE NEW HAMPSHIRE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY
Source : https://www.governor.nh.gov/about

Cooper : On the Democratic side, we can project that Chris Kennedy will win the New Hampshire Democratic primary by a 2 percentage point margin over Kamala Harris. This victory will likely propel the Illinois Governor to the status of main contender for the Democratic nomination. It sounds like Senator Casey Jr.’s attacks on Harris during the Democratic debate really hurt her in New Hampshire.

New Hampshire Democratic caucuses (100 % reported) - 32 delegates

Chris Kennedy : 29 % ✔
Kamala Harris : 27 %
Terry McAuliffe : 6 %

CHRIS KENNEDY WINS THE NEW HAMPSHIRE DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
Own creation

Cooper : CNN can now project the delegate allocation in the New Hampshire primary.

New Hampshire Republican primary (100 % reported) - 20 delegates

Chris Sununu : 31 % ✔ - 7 delegates
Charlie Baker : 23 % - 5 delegates
Nikki Haley : 21 % - 5 delegates
Larry Hogan : 12 % - 3 delegates
Ben Sasse : 7 % - 0 delegate
Tom Cotton : 6 % - 0 delegate

New Hampshire Democratic caucuses (100 % reported) - 32 delegates

Chris Kennedy : 29 % ✔ - 12 delegates
Kamala Harris : 27 % - 12 delegates
Bob Casey Jr. : 19 % - 8 delegates
John Bel Edwards : 14 % - 0 delegate
Terry McAuliffe : 6 % - 0 delegate
Andrew Yang : 5 % - 0 delegate

King : Anderson, we just learned that and Andrew Yang and Larry Hogan dropped out of the race. It sounds like Yang’s attempts to impose himself as the candidate of progressive voters have failed and that Hogan’s appeal among moderate and independent voters didn’t help that much to give him a satisfying performance in New Hampshire.

LARRY HOGAN DROPS OUT OF THE RACE
ANDREW YANG DROPS OUT OF THE RACE
King : And with Vice-President Haley finishing third in New Hampshire might be harmful for her campaign. For most of the time in modern history, the winner of the Republican primaries has finished either first or second in the New Hampshire primary.

Dana Bash : But this year might be an exception. The New Hampshire primary was going to be a showdown between Governors Sununu and Baker anyway due to their geographical advantage in New England. And some of Vice-President Haley’s staff recently said that a second place finish in New Hampshire isn’t needed for her because South Carolina is her home state and was Governor there before becoming Vice-President and the polls show she’s guaranteed to win overwhelmingly there. Neither Bob Dole (1996), George W. Bush (2000), John McCain (2008) or Marco Rubio (2016) had that luxury. And for most of the time since 1980, the winner of the South Carolina primary became the eventual nominee.

Cooper : Thank you ladies and gentlemen for watching the coverage of the New Hampshire primary. We’ll see you on February 23 as we’ll be covering the South Carolina Republican primary and the Nevada Democratic caucuses. Have a good night.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1464 on: November 09, 2021, 05:16:20 PM »

Republican Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Nikki Haley : 15 delegates, 24 % of the vote
Chris Sununu : 11 delegates, 16 % of the vote
Ben Sasse : 9 delegates, 16 % of the vote
Charlie Baker : 8 delegates, 15.5 % of the vote
Tom Cotton : 8 delegates, 9.5 % of the vote
Larry Hogan : 4 delegates, 9 % of the vote

Democratic Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Kamala Harris : 19 delegates, 29 % of the vote
Chris Kennedy : 15 delegates, 26.5 % of the vote
Bob Casey Jr. : 13 delegates, 20 % of the vote
John Bel Edwards : 8 delegates, 9.5 % of the vote
Terry McAuliffe : 0 delegate, 6.5 % of the vote
Andrew Yang : 0 delegate, 3.5 % of the vote
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1465 on: November 09, 2021, 05:22:01 PM »

Given SC is Haley's home state, I think Cotton is done and this race will be between Haley and Sununu.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1466 on: November 30, 2021, 05:15:49 PM »

New Polls (February 14, 2024)

Nationwide polls

Republicans
Nikki Haley : 36 %
Chris Sununu : 19 %
Ben Sasse : 14 %
Tom Cotton : 13 %
Charlie Baker : 9 %
Undecided : 9 %

Democrats
Chris Kennedy : 23 %
John Bel Edwards : 16 %
Terry McCauliffe : 6 %
Undecided : 6 %

South Carolina polls

Republicans
Nikki Haley : 49 %
Tom Cotton : 18 %
Ben Sasse : 18 %
Chris Sununu : 11 %
Charlie Baker : 3 %

Nevada polls

Democrats
Kamala Harris : 31 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 21 %
Terry McCauliffe : 4 %
Undecided : 4 %

South Carolina polls

Democrats
Kamala Harris : 36 %
John Bel Edwards : 21 %
Chris Kennedy : 19 %
Bob Casey Jr. : 13 %
Terry McCauliffe : 7 %
Undecided : 4 %

Nevada polls

Republicans
Nikki Haley : 27 %
Chris Sununu : 16 %
Ben Sasse : 15 %
Tom Cotton : 13 %
Charlie Baker : 5 %
Undecided : 14 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1467 on: December 25, 2021, 10:37:15 PM »

CNN SPECIAL PRESENTATION
„THE 2024
STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS“

THIS IS A CNN SPECIAL PRESENTATION

Good Evening, it's 8pm in Washington, 7pm in Chicago, 6pm in Denver and 5pm in Los Angeles. Whereever you watching from the US and around the world thanks for joining us for CNN's Special Presentation of the
„THE 2024 STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS“

CNN PLAYS THE „AC 360“ INTRO

I am Anderson Cooper. We're now less than an hour away from President Rubio's Final State of the Union Address! Accompanying me through this Night will CNN's „State of the Union Host" Jake Tapper. Jake!

Jake Tapper, Host „State of the Union“

Thank You Anderson! We've dispatched our CNN Correspondents to the White House and to Capitol Hill. Here in Studio we have our own Chief Political Analyst Dana Bash joined by Democrat David Axelrod and Republican Kevin Madden. Also we have the two CNN Correspondents from the two Frontrunners for the Presidential Nominations, Rebecca Berg & Sara Murray here, to gauge what impact President Rubios Address to Congress might have on the Campaign Trail going forward. Let me first go to our Chief White House Correspondent Michelle Kosinski who is standing by at the North Lawn of the White House. Michelle, what's happening over there?

Michelle Kosinski, Chief White House Correspondent reporting from the White House North Lawn

Good Evening Jake! They are getting ready here to drive over to the Capitol very soon. The President finalized his Address to Congress & the Nation this Afternoon. The President will talk about the strong Economy the Country has under his Leadership the last seven years, the impact of the Balanced Budget Amendment which passed by Congress in June 2021 which is now creating a Budget Surpluss. He also plans to talk about the 2024 Olympic Games in Los Angeles that wouldn't have been made possible if not for the massive „Bridge To The Future“ Infrastructure Bill that passed Congress in 2018. Kicking off his Foreign Policy Segment the President will mention that this year is the 80th Anniversary of D-Day were Coalition Troops fred people from the Nazi Regime. President Rubio will also mention the amount of Peace Deals he managed to negotiate especially that we have now a Nuclear-Free Korean Peninsula. He will also say that the United States assisted in the Russian Spring which happened last year. Finally he will mention the giant leap the United States made by sending the first manned Mission to the Moon since the 1970 and I am told that the 4 Astronauts who carried out the Mission, Commander Jeffrey N. Williams, Pilot Douglas G. Hurley and Mission Specialists Megan K. McArthur & Tracy Caldwell-Dyson will be in Attendance. He will say that this is just a springboard to future Missions to the Moon & Mars and the goal is to establish a permanent Moon Base once the Luna Gateway Project has its construction finished.
These are a little bit curious times for Journalists Jake because Final State of Union Addresses in the eight year of a Presidency often signal the Start of the Transition within the Party that holds the White House. The next time President Rubio will make a Major Speech will be at the Republican National Convention this Summer when a new Republican Presidential Nominee, whomever that might be, has already been chosen by the Voters. Back to you in the Studio, Jake!

Thank You Michelle! Interesting times indeed. Let's now go to our Special Correspondent Cecilia Vega who is standing by inside the Capitol Rotunda. Cecilia, what's happening over there?

Cecilia Vega, CNN Special Correspondent reporting from inside the U. S. Capitol Rotunda

Good Evening Jake! House & Senate Business wrapped up at 6pm and Lawmakers went out to have some Refreshments & Dinner before coming back to the Capitol. They just are beginning to come back and make their way to the House Chamber. The Senators & Representatives I've spoken with say that they expect another bipartisan speech by President Rubio like he has done in the previous years as well. One Republican Senator, who is not up for Re-Election, say that the Republican Party currently has an Independent Problem and he is not happy about Majority Leader Gardner not bringing Bills to the flow so that GOP Senators, who are in tight Races this year, can show their Independence. He is mentioning although President Rubio is still very popular Congress is not and he hopes the President can bridge some Divisions with his Speech. Back to you Jake in the Studio!

Thank You Cecilia! Let's go now to our Chief Political Analyst Dana Bash who has a Panel ready to access. Dana!

Thanks Jake! Joining me here is David Axelrod, Senior Advisor of former President Barack Obama, Kevin Madden, Senior Advisor for Mitt Romneys Presidential Campaign in 2012, Senior CNN Washington Correspondent Sara Murray, who is travelling with Vice President Haley and Senior National Correspondent Rebecca Berg, who is travelling with Senator Harris. My first Question to you David: What's it like giving a SOTU Address in an Election Year?

David Axelrod, Advisor to former President Obama

It's a huge Responsibility, no Question Dana, especially in an Election Year! More people are tuning in! President Obama gave one in 2012 when the Republican Presidential Primaries had just begun. Unlike today we unfortunately had a deeply diveded Nation. That doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Kevin Madden, Advisor to Mitt Romneys 2012 Campaign

I agree with David! The Nation is in a much better space unlike 2012. I think we will be hearing another Bipartisan Speech tonight from President Rubio. That seems to be one of his hallmarks during his Presidency. He'll talking about his Accomplishments and how he made it work. He will be reassuring Congress and the American People!

Will President Rubios Address have any impact on the Campaign Trail, Sara and Rebecca?

Sara Murray, CNN Senior Washington Correspondent travelling with the Haley Presidential Campaign

First of all its nice to be in Washington again, even if it's only for a couple of Days [LAUGHTER]. No, I don't think it will have any impact. Both Parties I think are locked into their Intra-Party Primary Battles. The Vice President is pretty much focused on the upcoming Contests. After Super Tuesday you may have to rethink and go National but right now it's still a little bit Retail Politics!

Rebecca Berg, CNN Senior National Correspondent travelling with the Harris Presidential Campaign

Sara made a very good Point about Retail Politics! Although I've spent most of the last 6 Weeks with Senator Harris in Iowa & New Hampshire, in Nevada the Harris Ground Game is really something to behold. I know there was a Poll out recently which put her only up 7 following her small loss in New Hampshire but I don't think it's reflecting the Organization she has in Nevada which is huge.

Sorry to interrupt you all but the President has just arrived at the Capitol so let's watch. Stay with CNN throughout the Night!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1468 on: January 27, 2022, 08:59:21 AM »

President Marco Rubio's 7th State of the Union Address, Part 1
Own creation

Mr. Speaker, Madam Vice President, Members of Congress, distinguished guests, and fellow Americans : we are almost a quarter-century into this new century. We’ve been through a lot together as a country throughout this quarter-century. We’ve been through recessions, terrorist attacks on our national territory, war, etc. Yet, think about where we are today : because of the hard work, the resilience and the confidence of the American people and good policies that brought us together, this economy is growing with the lowest unemployment rate in 55 years, our mighty and modernized military along with our allies are on the right track to win the War on Terror and stabilize Syria, and our strong and effective diplomatic policy is giving us a world ridden of the shadow of the threat of nuclear war.

[Applause]

And here are the results : the 21st century is a new American century and the State of the Union is strong.

[Applause]

Last year, America has made strong progress in relaunching its space exploration program. Two months ago, the United States led the first manned mission on the Moon after more than 50 years of absence as Artemis 2’s crew successfully stepped on the Moon and came back to Earth alive.

[Applause]

Our country also became the first country to send women on the Moon thanks to the giant leaps of Tracy Caldwell Dyson and Megan K. McArthur, which is a great accomplishment for all mankind.

[Applause]

Thanks to all those accomplishments, America is back in the Space Race.

[Applause]

And for that, we say thank you to Jeffrey N. Williams, Tracy Caldwell Dyson, Megan K. McArthur and Douglas G. Hurley who are sitting right here in this crowd. Would you please stand up so that the entire Nation can recognize your extraordinary Service to this great Country.

[Applause]

The success of this mission is a springboard to future missions to the Moon and to Mars thanks to the establishment of a permanent manned lunar base named Lunar Gateway in the next five years. We have now reclaimed our status as the leader in space exploration.

[Applause]

This year, the next Summer Olympics will be held in the great and wonderful city of Los Angeles, which will be an opportunity to demonstrate America’s greatness but also how international cooperation is everything.

[Applause]

That wouldn’t have been possible without the ambitious infrastructure policies that our administration and this Congress have taken, including the adoption of the Bridge To The Future Infrastructure Bill that received support from both sides of the aisle, ensured the development of new infrastructures across this country and encouraged economic growth by reducing the federal gasoline tax rate by 80 %; vetoing any gas-tax increase; turning back control of the highways to the states; stopping special interests in Washington from building “Bridges to Nowhere” and engaging in other wasteful spending; freeing states from the strings that come attached to federal funding; removing barriers to public-private partnerships; repealing the Davis-Bacon Act that inflates government costs by billions every year and is a giveaway of taxpayer dollars to labor unions and phasing out the Mass Transit Account, which loots the Highway Trust Fund.

[Applause]

Those policies also contributed to economic growth as it facilitated economic activities by encouraging business owners to choose America as the place to start or expand a business, thus encouraging the implementation of new businesses here in this country. As we speak, our economy is growing at its fastest pace since nearly 40 years. Our unemployment rate is at its lowest rate since 1969. We created 17 million jobs in the last 7 years. Hispanic unemployment rate, African-American unemployment rate, Asian-American unemployment rate are at their lowest rate ever recorded. Youth unemployment rate is at its lowest rate since 1966. More of our kids are graduating than ever before and more of our people are insured than ever before.

[Applause]

That has been made possible thanks to the tax cut policies adopted in the last 7 years that reduced taxes for all the American people, including the middle-class and lower income Americans, which resulted in more Americans keeping more of their money, getting good-paying jobs, seeing their wages increasing and their ability to raise a family here on the land of opportunity.

[Applause]

We made that possible thanks to policies that helped us to take advantage of all of our sources of energy, including oil, gas, coal, wind, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric and nuclear energies; that facilitated energy production and transportation with the construction of pipelines and doubling permits on federal lands and strengthened our energy advantage by promoting our sovereignty in the Chuckchi Sea and opening it to energy exploitation; that got us to energy independence and kept our people safe from America’s past energy dependence that benefited America’s foes through oil exports to countries in throes of tyranny and/or terrorism; and that is now investing in renewable energies through a part of oil revenues instead of doing it through taxpayers’ money.

[Applause]

And right now, major renewable energy projects are taking place, including the Gemini Project (that has the capacity to produce 690 megawatts of electricity) in Nevada, the Crimson Solar Project in California (with a capacity to produce 350 MW of electricity, or enough to power more than 100,000 homes) and the Haiwee Geothermal Leasing Area (capable to produce enough electricity to power about 117,000 homes). Last year, we took the initiative to put in place a policy aimed at reinforcing America’s status as the leader in nuclear energy export as well as this country’s energy independence by getting to a total number of nuclear power plants in America to 100 by 2050 through the building of new nuclear power plants with the ultimate goal of building 40 new nuclear power plants, which will be done through tax credits for advanced nuclear projects, subsidies for building new nuclear power plants and the investment of a part of the revenues from oil drilling. That will lead us to the reinforcement of America’s status as the largest energy producer in the world while improving our ecological footprint and ensuring a clean environment and growth and prosperity for all Americans.

[Applause]

By passing a balanced budget amendment through the collaboration of both parties, we increased investments in infrastructure development as well as in renewable energy development and in other things that matter like education, child safety and public safety, which will make sure that our children and grandchildren’s future will be bright, will give them all the tools necessary to succeed and accomplish their American Dream.

[Applause]

History has proven that when tariffs are applied, the American people lose because it is another form of taxes. It decreases America's competitiveness in the world economy and it is an obstacle to our country's prosperity. Tariffs gave us the Great Depression (referring to the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act) and helped lead to World War II as the devastating effects of the Great Depression on the international economy helped Hitler in his rise to power in Germany, bringing about 60 million people losing their lives as a result of it. And we acted together to adopt policies favoring both American workers and economic competition. So we championed free trade and made it favorable for all Americans by reducing our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 15 % as well as taxes on America's manufacturing industry, which made it easier for manufacturing business owners in America and brought manufacturing jobs back. So we ratified free trade agreements with Europe, Latin America, India and Africa, thus counter-balancing China's trade power and ensuring strong job creation by lowering tariffs, increasing exports and imports, reducing the cost of trading, allowing American businesses to make direct investments into foreign economies to produce goods at a lower cost in these environments and making America number one in auto production again. The United States are now the most competitive nation in the world economy and as long as we keep that status, America wins.

[Applause]

Both parties agree that a strong economy requires a strong middle-class and the tax reform policies of the last few years benefited the middle-class and lower income Americans. According to the Institute for Taxation and Economic Policy, a family of four with annual income of $73,000 (median family income) saw a tax cut of more than $2,058, a 58 percent reduction in federal taxes. A single parent with one child earning $41 000 a year saw a tax cut of $1,304, a 73 percent reduction in federal taxes. Nine out of ten taxpayers with annual income between $64,000 and $108,000 earned an average federal tax cut of $1400 in 2018. Similarly, 90 % of taxpayers winning between $40,000 and $64,000 got an average federal tax cut of $810, while 87 percent of taxpayers with annual income between $108,000 and $232,000 saw an average federal tax cut of $2,710. Our policies doubled the standard deduction for an individual from $6,000 to $12,000 and for a family from $12,000 to $24,000. 105 million Americans took the standard deduction in 2015 according to the IRS statistics of income (SOI) database. When it comes to married small business owners with income of $100 000 per year, with $60,000 from wages, $25,000 in compensation from their non-corporate business, and $15,000 of business income, they enjoyed a tax relief of more than $2,600. Their tax bill has been reduced from what they would pay next year, around $10,982.50, to paying around $8,379 instead—a reduction of $2,603.50. This represents a reduction in their tax bill of nearly 24 percent. So it also helps small businesses across this country to increase their competitiveness as well as their ability to produce, to sell, to hire and to create jobs and we know that 7 out of 10 jobs are created by small businesses. And in order to make this progress permanent and expand America’s prosperity and promise, our priority will be to put forward a 10 % tax cut for middle income families and I look forward to working with both parties to pass it so we can make sure that this economy will work for all Americans.

[Applause]

My fellow Americans, this new year will also coincide with the 80th anniversary of D-Day where our brave troops and our allies liberated the beaches of Normandy, starting the process of the liberation of the European continent from Nazi occupation and oppression after a decade of hatred, intolerance, terror, persecution and torture from the regime of Hitler. So I ask you, my fellow patriots, to salute Lieutenant Colonel Alvan Markel III and former Navy radioman Peter Orlando, who are among us tonight, to thank them for their service to this country and their contribution to the preservation and expansion of freedom, security and justice.

[Applause]

Our men and women who wear the uniform of the United States represent the very best of America. And our entire nation will honor their memories, their courage and their patriotism forever. And that is why we worked hard in the last 7 years to guarantee that they earn the best post-military career they can imagine. We did so by making the federal Department of Veterans Affairs work with state and federal agencies to stop con men who are diverting federal aid away from veterans; established new services for veterans allowing patients to schedule health care appointments from their smartphones or home computers; providing college assistance for military veterans and increase these payments if they complete science, technology and engineering courses; helping veterans re-entering the workforce get jobs in STEM-related fields by requiring the Office of Science and Technology Policy to coordinate programs to train and transition military veterans for jobs in science, technology, engineering and math; and drastically increasing investments into the development of job training and social security programs especially for our troops who sacrificed so much in Afghanistan and came back home victorious. We will work to enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act so that returning veterans can promptly return to their former jobs. As a result, we will ensure that their service, courage, commitment and sacrifices will not be in vain.

[Applause]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1469 on: January 27, 2022, 09:52:14 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2022, 10:03:45 AM by UWS »

President Marco Rubio's 7th State of the Union Address, Part 2
Own creation

Thanks to our policies, we strengthened America’s status as the strongest military power in the world to ensure the preservation and the expansion of freedom, security and peace. Because peace is only possible through strength, not vulnerability.

[Applause]

Under our administration’s watch, we increased the size of our Navy fleet to over 323 ships, extended the size of the Marine to 182 000 men and the size of the Army to 490 000 to reverse the cuts in defense budget that we inherited. We put in place the U.S. Navy’s Columbia-class submarine program as well as the U.S. Air Force’s Long Range Strike Bomber program that employs stealth bombers able to destroy any target and to evade aerial defenses, including advanced ones. Thanks to the establishment of the U.S. Space Force as the sixth branch of the U.S. military and its successful testings, we reinforced the protection of our GPS satellites from Russian and Chinese anti-satellite weaponry, playing a crucial role in the success of our counter-terrorism operations as these satellites are helping to guide aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf, drones in the skies above Yemen and fighter jets over Syria. And to counter Russia's and China's progress in the testing of hypersonics, we accelerated the development of hypersonic weapons (missiles that travel more than five times faster than the speed of sound), making it easier to defend key areas in the world like Estonia or Taiwan against Russian and Chinese strike assets.

[Applause]

And in this process of modernizing our military, both parties came together because we know that it shouldn't be a Republican or a Democratic Problem, it should be a problem concerning us all. And that’s what we did throughout history from from World War I to liberating Europe from fascism and Nazi terror, opression and anti-Jewish persecution during World War II; from pushing the Red Army out of Iran to aiding Western European nations in their economic recovery after World War II and preventing them from falling under communist influence (referring to the Marshall Plan that received bipartisan support from both Republicans and Democrats); from standing up to the Soviet Union to liberating Kuwait from Saddam Hussein’s Iraq; from taking out the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks to helping restore democracy and justice in Venezuela and Syria. And every time, we succeeded because we worked together to make sure that freedom will not falter, to keep America’s status as the most powerful military in the world and to preserve America’s status as a leader on the world stage.

[Applause]

And that kind of strong and effective leadership resulted that we are now safer and stronger than we were 7 years ago. By being on offense against terrorism, we liberated all the large territory that ISIS once occupied in Syria and Iraq, eliminated this jihadist organization in all other places in the world they were operating thanks to strong alliances and counter-terrorism partnerships with our allies and brought Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as well as his successor Abu Fatima al-Jaheishi to justice.

[Applause]

Thanks to a troop surge in Afghanistan and to the help of India, the fourth military power in the world, we won the War in Afghanistan and ended the longest war in which the United States were involved, thus securing all the progress made there in the last 20 years, including democracy, human rights, gender equity, security, stability and peace, thus allowing us to focus all of our attention on Syria and will ensure the success of our mission and putting us on the right track to defeat ISIS.

[Applause]

Following a wave of sanctions on the old Iranian regime and peaceful protests denouncing rising prices, inflation and tyranny in Iran and following the election of a democratic government friendly to America in that country, we saw the beginning of a powerful concept that triggered the beginning of our transition to a nuclear-free world thanks to the election of a democratic pro-American President there, to the denuclearization of Iran and to their action to stop state-sponsored terrorism, thus strengthening stability in the Middle-East.

[Applause]

And last year, that concept applied to North Korea as well as the US-North Korea Summit  contributed to the ratification of the Nuclear Peace and Security Treaty starting the nuclear disarmament of North Korea through the ban of North Korean land-based ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and missile launchers and the use of nuclear energy only for the sake of economic development, thus further strengthening peace, stability and security in the Korean peninsula and in the Pacific.

[Applause]

As a result, we are finally turning the page on a remnant of World War II (referring to the Hiroshima and Nagazaki bombings) and of the Cold War (referring to the nuclear arms race).

[Applause]

And last year, we saw remarkable progress with regards to the stabilization of the Middle East by brokering the Abraham Accords that normalize the Israel-UAE relations and suspend Israel’s plans to annex the Jordan Valley and the West Bank and through the move by Israel and Bahrain to normalize their relations and establish full diplomatic relations between the two countries.

[Applause]

So make no doubt about it, strength is the best antidote to war.

[Applause]

Throughout last year, Vladimir Putin’s insanity has triggered a wave of dissatisfaction towards his regime of terror. Last year, their bullying and expansionist attitude, including their territorial claims in the Barents Sea and their seizure of a Norwegian oil tanker there to advance their ambitions, triggered a barrage of sanctions on their navy sector to diminish their military power and on their oil sector to undermine their energy power just like we stood up to Russia in the last 7 years by providing military material and training to our Ukrainian allies to help them defeat the pro-Russian insurgency in Eastern Ukraine and in Donbass, by supporting Eastern European countries like Montenegro and Ukraine as NATO members, by adding Putin's Russia into the list of state-sponsors of terrorism (due to Russia's support to the pro-Russian insurgency in the War in Donbass, to their missile sales to the old Iranian regime after the Obama's nuclear deal with Iran and accusations to Russia alleging that they were arming the Taliban apparently in an effort to derail NATO in Afghanistan), by reinforcing our Navy’s presence in the Pacific to intercept any Russian oil tanker attempting to export oil to North Korea and to counter their attempt to impose their influence in the Kuril Islands through their capturing of 2 Japanese navy vessels and to ensure Japan’s sovereignty on these islands and by drastically rising investment into intercontinental ballistic missiles in order to counter Russia’s and China’s heavy investments in that domain. And sanctions as well as increasing inflation in Russia triggered increased civilian protests across this country against Vladimir Putin's regime and we made it clear that civilian protesters of the Russian Spring have the full support of the United States because we are unapologetic defenders and promoters of freedom, liberty and human rights for all peoples on Earth.

[Applause]

Thanks to our administration’s strong and effective leadership, we spread democracy and freedom in the Middle East and in Latin America. Six years after turning the page to more than 20 years of oppression by the Chavez-Maduro regime, Venezuelans will this year orchestrate their right to vote for the second time in free elections. In Syria, we got a democratically elected government that is stable, effective and inclusive for all Syrians in President Riar Darar and thanks to the contributions of our brave troops, our allies and Syrians, the reconstruction of this country is under way.

[Applause]

We trained over 275,000 Syrian troops in the last 7 years to make sure they can take on the responsibility of their own security. We helped rebuild their roads, their groceries, hospitals, homes, schools, etc. Schools are open. Young girls are going to school. Women are going to vote. Women are even eligible to run for office. This is major, major progress. After years of torture, tyranny and terror from Assad’s regime, Syria is on its path to stable and permanent freedom and security.

[Applause]

Make no mistake, liberty and freedom is the best antidote to terror.

[Applause]

As we understood in the course of the last 7 years, it doesn’t take a natural disaster, a shooting or a terrorist attack to bring us together as a nation and face the challenges facing our union, our country, our family. My agenda is based on common ground, based on the kind of future we all want for our children and grandchildren. We want them as well as future generations to know that we are a people who see our differences as a great gift, that we are a people who value the dignity and worth of every citizen and every human being regardless of your gender, your race, your religious beliefs or your origins. We want them to grow up in a country that is more than just a collection of red states and blue states, a country known as the United States of America. We want them to earn all the opportunities that previous generations couldn’t have earned themselves. We want them to grow up in a world of permanent and enduring global peace.

[Applause]

My fellow Americans, it is only together that we can write this kind of bright future. Let us begin this new chapter together and let’s start the work right here and right now.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1470 on: January 27, 2022, 01:22:19 PM »

My favorite kinda-hackish TL is back!

I'm curious what the poverty rate/uninsured rates are.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1471 on: March 02, 2022, 11:08:33 PM »

Current Composition of the
United States Supreme Court

CHIEF JUSTICE
John G. Roberts Jr. (Moderately Conservative)
[Originally nominated by President George W. Bush to be an Associate Justice July 19th 2005 to fill the Seat by retiring Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. While Roberts Senate Confirmation Hearings were about to start Chief Justice William Renquist died on September 3rd 2005; President Bush subsequently withdrew Roberts Nomination as an Associate Justice on September 5th 2005 and instead nominated him as Chief Justice.
Roberts was confirmed by the Full Senate by a Vote of 72-28 on September 29th 2005; All Republicans + Independent Senator James Jeffords voted for Roberts while the Democrats were split with 22 voting to confirm him and 22 voted not to confirm.]

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE
Samuel A. Alito Jr. (Conservative)
[President George W. Bush nominated Alito on October 31st 2005 after his original Nominee Harriett Miers encountered withspread Opposition in the Senate and subsequently withdrew her Nomination on September 27th 2005.
Alitos Confirmation Hearing was held over 5 Days from January 9th to January 13th 2006. Alitos Nomination was voted out of the Senate Judiciary Committee January 24th 2006 by a 10-8 Party Line Vote.
Alito was confirmed by the Full Senate by a 58-42 on January 31st 2005]

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE
Michael S. Lee (Conservative)
[President Marco A. Rubio nominated Lee to be an Associate Justice to the Court on January 31st 2017, just 11 Days after he assumed the Presidency to fill the Seat of the late Justice Antonin Scalia. Justice Scalia died while in Office on February 16th 2016. Then President Obama nominated Merrick Garland to fill the Seat but Garlands Nomination was never considered by the Senate and expired when the 114th Congress closed on January 3rd 2017. It had been very rare for a President to nominate a sitting U. S. Senator to the High Court. Lee though previously clerked for Justice Alito when Alito was a Federal Judge on the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Being a Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee Lee resigned from the Comittee February 1st rescueing himself from potential bias in his Confirmation Hearings. His Confirmation Hearing lastet about 2 Weeks with the Democratic Minority filibustering his Nomination prompting the Republican Majority to invoke the „NUCLEAR OPTION“ allowing Judiciary Nominees like Supreme Court Justices & Cabinet Secretaries to be confirmed by a Simple Majority.
Lee eventually was confirmed by the Full Senate on February 17th 2017 by a 54-45 Party Line Vote. Lee abstained and didn't vote for himself.]

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE
William H. Pryor Jr. (Conservative)
[President Marco A. Rubio nominated William H. Pryor Jr., Chief Federal Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit to be an Associate Justice on the High Court on December 6th 2019 at the Business End of the 116th Congress to fill the Seat of Justice Anthony Kennedy who announced his Retirement on July 25th 2019. Pryors Nomination was well received by Conservatives but was opposed by Independents.
Due to an overwhelming Republican Majority in the U. S. Senate Republican Leaders vowed to move quickly on Pryors Nomination to make sure in keeping Traditions of the Chamber not to confirm any Supreme Court Justice during a Presidential Election Year.
Pryors Confirmation Hearings started on December 18th 2019 and he was confirmed by the Full Senate on a Party Line 67-33 Vote on December 23rd 2019, two Days before Christmas making his Confirmation one of the quickest.]

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE
Amy Coney Barrett (Conservative)
[President Marco A. Rubio nominated Barrett, who was serving as a Federal Judge at the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit to be an Associate Justice at the Supreme Court on December 6th 2022 to fill the Seat of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Barrett five years earlier was confirmed to the Federal Bench by a 58-43 Vote with then Senators Donnelly, Kaine and Manchin voting for her. Barrett had a contengious exchange with then Senator Dianne Feinstein.

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE
Barbara Lagoa (Conservative)
[Lagoa previously served as Judge of the Florida Third District Court of Appeal after being appointed by then Governor Jeb Bush in 2006. Lagoa assumed Chief Judge on the same Court briefly from January 1st to January 9th 2019. Newly elected Governor Adam Putnam then appointed her to the Florida State Supreme Court after taking Office making her the 1st Cuban-Hispanic to serve on the State's Supreme Court. President Rubio nominated her as a Federal Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th District on September 12th 2019. On October 16 2019 a Confirmation Hearing was held before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Lagoa was voted out of the Committee by an overwhelming 18-4 Vote on November 7th 2019 and was confirmed by the Full Senate on November 19th 2019 by an 80-15 Vote.
President Marco A. Rubio nominated Lagoa to be an Associate Justice on the Supreme Court to fill the Seat of retiring Justice Clarence Thomas on September 24th 2023. Her Nomination drew widespead bipartisan support from Republicans & Democrats in the Senate since Lagoa had such a smooth ride to the Federal Bench. Her Confirmation Hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee started on October 15th 2023 and she was confirmed by the Full Senate on November 10th 2023 with several Democrats voting to confirm her.
Lagoa became the 1st Cuban-Hispanic to serve on the Bench of the United States Surpeme Court and the 1st Associate Justice from the State of Florida.]

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE
Stephen G. Breyer (Liberal)
[President William Jefferson Clinton nominated Breyer on May 17th 1994 to fill the Seat of retiring Justice Harry Blackmun. Breyer was confirmed by the Full Senate on July 29th 1994 by a 87-9 Vote. Breyer is currently the oldest serving Member on the Court.]

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE
Sonia Sotomayor (Liberal)
[President Barack H. Obama nominated Sotomayor on May 26th 2009 to fill the Seat of retiring Justice David Souter. On August 6th 2009 Sotomayor was confirmed by the Full Senate on a 68-31 Vote. Upon the Confirmation of Barbara Lagoa in 2023 Sotomayor was the 1st Hispanic Associate Justice to serve on the Bench of the United States Supreme Court.]

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE
Elena Kagan (Liberal)
[President Barack H. Obama nominated Kagan on May 10th 2010 to fill the Seat of retiring Justice John Paul Stevens making it the 2nd Supreme Court Appointment during his Presidency. Kagan was confirmed by the Full Senate on August 5th 2010 by a 63-37 Vote with Republican Senators Lugar (Indiana), Gregg (New Hampshire), Graham (South Carolina), Collins & Snowe (both from Maine) voting to confirm while Democratic Senator Ben Nelson voting not to confirm.]

Justice Stephen G. Breyer is rumored to considering Retirment.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1472 on: March 03, 2022, 05:30:20 PM »

I feel like Rubio would have gone with Neil Gorsuch instead of Mike Lee to replace Anthony Kennedy.

There's a reason sitting Senators usually aren't nominated to the Supreme Court.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1473 on: March 09, 2022, 07:47:25 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2022, 08:43:05 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Presidency
February 2024, Part 2

February 16, 2024

Own creation
-Kamala Harris holds a rally in Reno, Nevada where she attacks her primary rival Bob Casey Jr. on his pro-life position and reiterates her promise to nominate SCOTUS judges that will defend a woman’s right to choose.

February 17, 2024

https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/hledej.php?hleda=las+vegas
-Vice-President Haley holds a campaign rally in Las Vegas, Nevada where she praised the Rubio Administration’s energy policy that got America to energy independence by taking advantage of all of America’s sources of energy, abolished Obama’s War on Coal, made America the largest oil producer in the world, invested a part of the revenues from oil drilling into the development of renewable energy projects, including the Gemini Project (that has the capacity to produce 690 megawatts of electricity) in Nevada, the Crimson Solar Project in California (with a capacity to produce 350 MW of electricity, or enough to power more than 100,000 homes) and the Haiwee Geothermal Leasing Area (capable to produce enough electricity to power about 117,000 homes), thus ensuring both economic growth and an improvement of America’s ecological footprint. She promises to make sure America pursues that path under her presidency.

February 18-19, 2024

Own creation
-Chris Kennedy campaigns in South Carolina and Georgia where he courts the African-American vote by reminding voters that his uncle John F. Kennedy strongly supported the Civil Rights movement and that he will as President continue that legacy of fighting to make sure that America remains a country of opportunity and rights for all Americans regardless of the color of their skin, their origins or their religious beliefs. Kamala Harris also campaigns in South Carolina for African-American votes.

February 19, 2024

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Terry_McAuliffe_(33013487652).jpg
-With his campaign on life support, Terry McCauliffe decides to focus all his efforts on South  Carolina, hoping that an upset there would relaunch his presidential bid. He touted his leadership skills by mentioning that during the time he served as Governor of Virginia the state unemployment rate fell from 5.7% to 3.3% and personal income rose by 14.19% and Virginia collected more than $20 billion in new capital investment. He repeated the false claim that he inherited a budget deficit for his tenure, when in fact the previous governor left two balanced budgets bills based on anticipated revenues, but subsequent economic issues caused revenue to fall.

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Catherine_Cortez_Masto_official_portrait.jpg
-Kamala Harris receives the endorsement of Democratic senate candidate Catherine Cortez-Masto during a rally in Las Vegas, Nevada.

February 20, 2024

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nikki_Haley_Budget_Press_Conference_(26955990883).jpg
-During a rally in Charleston, South Carolina, Vice-President Haley touted the Rubio Administration’s foreign policy accomplishments like America’s imminent victory in the War on Terror, victory in the War in Afghanistan, denuclearization of Iran and North Korea and derailing Putin’s expanisionist agenda in Ukraine and Eastern Europe thanks to a rebuilding and modernization of America’s militaryand takes on the occasion to praise South Carolina’s role in that process.

-Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe announces his plans of retirement at the end of the year, thus causing a special election for his senate seat next Election Day.

February 21, 2024
-In an effort to appeal among South Carolina’s veterans, Terry McCauliffe holds a rally in Charleston, South Carolina where he reminded voters that under his governorship, Virginia became the first state to functionally end veteran homelessness.

February 22, 2024

Own creation; Own creation
-In the context of the Russian Spring, President Rubio had a phone call with the German Chancellor and they both agreed to shut down the Grand Nord Stream 2 pipeline that ties Russia to Germany in an effort to sanction the Putin regime. During a press conference, he praised Germany’s move as it will deprive Russia of gas and oil exports, thus marking a major victory for democracy and freedom.

February 23, 2024

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gov._Chris_Sununu.jpg
-Chris Sununu campaigns in Las Vegas, Nevada where he praised New Hampshire’s reputation as a tax free state and declares that’s why tax cuts and free enterprise are the right solution to economic concerns as New Hampshire is prospering under his governorship.

February 24, 2024

Own creation
-South Carolina Republicans go to the polls ahead of the South Carolina Republican primary while Nevada holds its Democratic primary.

February 25, 2024
-President Rubio hosts Indian Prime Minister Modi at the White House where they discussed China’s cybersecurity threat as China is the second greatest cyber power in the world, India is among one of the most cyber targeted countries in the world and for China, India is the number one target, thus disrupting a large amount of India’s power sector systems. Both leaders agreed to establish a new objective of the US-India Cybersecurity Unit created in 2021 which will be to create solid firewalls and to counter China’s cyberattacks against India.

-Larry Hogan holds a rally in Minneapolis, Minnesota and announces his endorsement to Chris Sununu.

February 26, 2024

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tom_Cotton_113th_Congress.jpg
-Tom Cotton campaigns in Tennessee where he courts social conservatives by reminding them that he is the one who sponsored a legislation opposing the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty in 2013.

-John Bel Edwards campaigns in South Carolina on gun rights, economic issues, racial issues, etc.

February 27, 2024

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Seal_of_Nevada.svg
-Democratic voters in South Carolina go to the polls for the South Carolina Democratic primary. Meanwhile, Nevada Republicans vote in the Nevada Republican caucuses.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1474 on: March 09, 2022, 08:03:37 PM »

UWS are poverty/uninsured rates low?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62  
« previous next »