The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:43:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 211739 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: January 19, 2021, 10:26:28 AM »

Was reading an old thread and found this
Sanders will never do that, because it's not beneficial to his campaign. Because of the almost religious like following he has, his supporters believe that anything goes. In the 2016 campaign some of them were circulating a screen cap from the Rocky Horror Picture Show saying that it was him and his wife attending a transgender rights rally in the 70s.

That reminds me of a bad experience that I had with one of his volunteers. They asked me to put my hand in a concealed jar. The jar contained only cold noodles but she told me that it was brains.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 12:28:29 PM »

Bruh Im drunk piss off until u can vote
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 03:44:38 PM »

This isn't going to have an impact on the midterms, it will be forgotten about within two weeks.

Spoken like a man who has never had sex before.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 11:16:32 AM »

Right now there would be a minimum of 4 yes votes, including Sotomayor, Gorsuch and Jackson.

The certain no votes are Roberts, Alito and Kavanaugh.

Of the other three, I believe the most likely yes would be Barrett, who is a pure tossup, whereas Kagan and Thomas are uncertain but probable nos.

Check out the original thread topic.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 06:02:40 PM »

She seems like the next Thatcher so not good until proven otherwise
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 09:18:14 AM »

So I actually watched the movie finally, and I have to say I am 100% on Team Tar. There is literally no evidence whatsoever presented in the film that she was an abuser, yet the mob in real life presumed she was and judged her accordingly anyway, and those reviewers who didn't and had to admit she looked more like the victim than her supposed victims in the film (such as The New Yorker) bashed the film for being "reactionary" and "conservative" for daring to attack "cancel culture."

The film is utterly brilliant for just putting out the suggestion that maybe she was possibly guilty of something distasteful, without ever actually confirming it, and both showing how the mob reacted to it in the film and perfectly predicting how they would react to it in real life! It was a devastating takedown on how the presumption of innocence has utterly disappeared in our society.

As for my own similarities to the character, they basically begin and end in the Bach scene I mentioned, but I find it very telling that THAT scene is the only part of the "evidence" against her which is SHOWN to be deliberately distorted and manipulated and the audience KNOWS it for a fact. Yet still most reviewers and viewers seem to buy into the narrative that she was guilty without a shred of evidence.

Absolutely brilliant film, challenges Top Gun and All Quiet On The Western Front for best of the year now IMO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies