CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:57:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: CPAC: Milo disinvited, quits Breitbart  (Read 26220 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »

The downfall of Milo is hilarious to watch.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2017, 04:38:43 PM »

The majority of you can never, ever empathize with growing up gay... and all of the negative implications that come with it.  I see it in the way you treat so called "self hating gays"... like you are entitled to saying extremely homophobic and hurtful things to someone because they can't stand themselves and can't accept who they are.  That's disgusting and it is so apparent to me and it separates out the wheat from the tares, I'll tell you that much.

I grew up gay. I have every sympathy for those who hate themselves. I don't have sympathy for people who damage others because they hate themselves. Self hating gays are never just 'self' hating.

Milo says that gay people can change their orientation. He says he wishes they would go back in the closet. He says that 'gay rights have made gays dumb'. He says that he wishes they would go back to marrying women and having families and have affairs, ruin families because it was more 'fun'.

He called a reporter a 'thick as pig sh!t media Jew.' He sexually harassed people online. He says that trans people are mentally ill.

He is an awful human being.

He needs professional help. This is destructive behavior.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2017, 04:46:04 PM »

Look, let's just call a spade a spade. Milo is a bigot, and an alt-right guy who traded in his identity to become a darling of said crazy nationalist bigots and he was a vicious pig along the way to boot. We should certainly wish him well as he seeks therapy or whatever these idiots do, but my reaction is solely, until he wises up:

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2017, 04:52:04 PM »

Look, let's just call a spade a spade. Milo is a bigot, and an alt-right guy who traded in his identity to become a darling of said crazy nationalist bigots and he was a vicious pig along the way to boot. We should certainly wish him well as he seeks therapy or whatever these idiots do, but my reaction is solely, until he wises up:

Agreed. Gays are not inferior to straights, so I dont see why they arent just as responsibile for choosing to say awful, offensive things.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2017, 04:55:55 PM »

EnglishPete

« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2017, 05:09:56 PM »

What downfall would that be? You think that college Republicans will stop inviting him to speak at their campuses? You think that he won't be able to make rather more than the $250,000 Simon and Shuster were going to give him from self publishing? If you think either of those things then I think you're wrong. He's going to do just fine out of this.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2017, 05:18:19 PM »

What downfall would that be? You think that college Republicans will stop inviting him to speak at their campuses? You think that he won't be able to make rather more than the $250,000 Simon and Shuster were going to give him from self publishing? If you think either of those things then I think you're wrong. He's going to do just fine out of this.

Pretty sure he gets to keep the $250,000.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2017, 05:20:03 PM »

I wonder how much money you can make doing a speaking tour of the NAMBLA circuit...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »

I wonder how much money you can make doing a speaking tour of the NAMBLA circuit...
Not sure if you've read any part of this thread... but Milo was abused sexually as a teenager and when he made that video he was speaking from his own experience as a victim.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2017, 05:33:54 PM by TD »

Look I know you live in a fantasy world where somehow people who endorse the goals of NAMBLA get off scot free but nope, that isn't this world. Most people, including College Republicans, don't endorse NAMBLA goals.

Why am I not shocked you haven't condemned him and imply that he's a victim?

Gee when I thought you couldn't go lower as a human being you just crash through another floor, don't you?
EnglishPete

« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2017, 05:43:39 PM »

Look I know you live in a fantasy world where somehow people who endorse the goals of NAMBLA get off scot free but nope, that isn't this world. Most people, including College Republicans, don't endorse NAMBLA goals.
Well Milo's comments, though crude, did not endorse NAMLA goals either, as is clear from the unedited video. So I'm not sure what your point is? Milo will be getting more invitations from college Republicans soon if he hasn't already.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2017, 06:12:56 PM »

The fall of Milo is welcome news.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2017, 06:18:10 PM »

Well Milo's comments, though crude, did not endorse NAMLA goals either, as is clear from the unedited video. So I'm not sure what your point is? Milo will be getting more invitations from college Republicans soon if he hasn't already.

Ah I knew you'd say this. Okay so you're down as a Milo sympathizer. Got it.

Moving on.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »

How well will his new "Media Venture" do?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2017, 07:22:04 PM »

Glad that he is no longer at Breitbart. While that doesn't necessarily mean the end of his career any step like this where he goes off on his own will give him less exposure. (You heard a lot less from Glenn Beck after he left Fox News)
EnglishPete

« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2017, 08:11:39 PM »

Full press conference here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asJMvd5VHWc
EnglishPete

« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2017, 08:20:07 PM »

Daily Caller article on the role of a pro Evan McMullin group in finding, editing and publicising the videos
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/21/notorious-never-trump-org-funded-group-behind-milo-controversy/

and one twitter comment about this matter

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/MisterMetokur/status/834195305562255360
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2017, 08:39:27 PM »

obviously egg mcmuffin spent 250000 bucks to nuke milo.....
EnglishPete

« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2017, 08:45:39 PM »

(You heard a lot less from Glenn Beck after he left Fox News)
That was back in 2011 when the media was still dominated more by TV broadcasting than by the internet. Different media world now.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2017, 08:50:30 PM »

Wow Pete is actually indirectly negatively attacking a group that publicized the videos. As if they did a bad thing instead of a public service. I see there's no low for the alt white nationalist right. Even pedophilia.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »

That was back in 2011 when the media was still dominated more by TV broadcasting than by the internet. Different media world now.

True but its tough to start your own media enterprise.
EnglishPete

« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »

Wow Pete is actually indirectly negatively attacking a group that publicized the videos. As if they did a bad thing instead of a public service. I see there's no low for the alt white nationalist right. Even pedophilia.
Wow. TD's disingenuousness here is so transparent.
EnglishPete

« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2017, 09:42:29 PM »

True but its tough to start your own media enterprise.
It is but then Yiannopolous has a huge head start with already having a significant public profile, book publicity already started, speaking engagements lined up etc.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2017, 09:44:28 PM »

We can laugh at the absurdity of how this came to light while also recognizing that what Milo said was legit messed up.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2017, 09:46:50 PM »

Wow. TD's disingenuousness here is so transparent.

Truth hurts, huh? Nice schtick though. Either way, carry on, with the whole implied “Milo is wronged” schtick though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies