Your Hogwarts House (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:12:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Your Hogwarts House (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which do you think you'd be sorted into?
Gryffindor

Ravenclaw

Hufflepuff

Slytherin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 119

Author Topic: Your Hogwarts House  (Read 6672 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« on: June 22, 2018, 11:57:06 PM »

Canonically I'm a Ravenclaw because that's what I get on the Pottermore test. And Cathcon's weaknesses methodology also points me in that direction.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »

I've always been curious how so many identify as Slytherin.
The perspective of the books is skewed in favor of the protagonists. That doesn't mean all Hufflepuff's are doormats, all Ravenclaws are nerds and all Slytherins are bullies. It merely indicates that this system works to create a tribalistic mentality just as most other means of dividing people by arbitrary measures often does.

You nailed the point I was trying to make earlier, that's exactly why I hate the Houses so much. It's so arbitrary and forced on witches and wizards unlike a fraternity or sorority, and yet it becomes such a big part of their identity. I don't blame Slytherin students for becoming villainous when they're treated like they're always destined to end up that way by the sorting hat and faculty of Hogwart's.

99% of Slytherins are good patriotic wizards like you or me, but there is that 1% that gets all the focus a lot of Slytherins are extremely brave and gave their lives fighting against he who must not be named. Severus Snape for one, was one of the main heroes of the 2nd Wizarding War and was probably one of the bravest wizards in the war.
Snape was an incel whose only gripe with Wizard Hitler was the he killed the girl he was horny for
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies