Your Hogwarts House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:49:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Your Hogwarts House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Which do you think you'd be sorted into?
Gryffindor

Ravenclaw

Hufflepuff

Slytherin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 119

Author Topic: Your Hogwarts House  (Read 6596 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2019, 07:01:49 AM »

Right, I just took a quizz, and it confirmed my suspicions that I'd be either a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin. I scored much higher for those two than for the other two. And as I suspected, I have less Gryffindor in me than the three other houses. I thought I was going to be a bit more Slytherin, but no at the end I'm slightly more Ravenclaw.

So I'm a Ravenclaw apparently.

84% Ravenclaw
80% Slytherin
40% Hufflepuff
36% Gryffindor
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2019, 04:20:33 PM »

The "official" test put me in Hufflepuff, which frankly I think was overly generous (I'm not nice enough to be ranked with the likes of Cedric Diggory). Probably Ravenclaw, then; the more likely if I was sorted at eleven.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2019, 06:21:23 PM »

Pottermore says I'm a Ravenclaw.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2019, 06:45:32 PM »

I've always been a Hufflepuff. I just took the test again to see if it changed...no, it did not.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2020, 08:27:40 PM »

I've always been curious how so many identify as Slytherin.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2020, 06:58:59 AM »

Like to think of myself as Ravenclaw, but honestly probably Hufflepuff
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2020, 07:22:24 AM »

Like to think of myself as Ravenclaw, but honestly probably Hufflepuff

Yeah pretty much this. Voted Ravenclaw as well, though the test I did put me as Hufflepuff
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2020, 05:32:44 PM »

Ravenclaw, I guess? I don't know, I always hated the Houses aspect of Harry Potter. It's like if society defined you by the fraternity/sorority you were in during college in our reality.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »

I am a Slytherin and proud!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2020, 01:09:17 AM »

I think I have an idea of which house I'd be, but like, I don't really enjoy the idea of belonging to a group created by the mind of J.K. Rowling.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2020, 01:43:23 AM »

As an American, I'd probably attend Ilvermony.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2020, 01:55:38 AM »

The perspective of the books is skewed in favor of the protagonists. That doesn't mean all Hufflepuff's are doormats, all Ravenclaws are nerds and all Slytherins are bullies. It merely indicates that this system works to create a tribalistic mentality just as most other means of dividing people by arbitrary measures often does.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2020, 06:05:24 PM »

The perspective of the books is skewed in favor of the protagonists. That doesn't mean all Hufflepuff's are doormats, all Ravenclaws are nerds and all Slytherins are bullies. It merely indicates that this system works to create a tribalistic mentality just as most other means of dividing people by arbitrary measures often does.

You nailed the point I was trying to make earlier, that's exactly why I hate the Houses so much. It's so arbitrary and forced on witches and wizards unlike a fraternity or sorority, and yet it becomes such a big part of their identity. I don't blame Slytherin students for becoming villainous when they're treated like they're always destined to end up that way by the sorting hat and faculty of Hogwart's.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2020, 06:22:14 PM »

You nailed the point I was trying to make earlier, that's exactly why I hate the Houses so much. It's so arbitrary and forced on witches and wizards unlike a fraternity or sorority, and yet it becomes such a big part of their identity. I don't blame Slytherin students for becoming villainous when they're treated like they're always destined to end up that way by the sorting hat and faculty of Hogwart's.

99% of Slytherins are good patriotic wizards like you or me, but there is that 1% that gets all the focus a lot of Slytherins are extremely brave and gave their lives fighting against he who must not be named. Severus Snape for one, was one of the main heroes of the 2nd Wizarding War and was probably one of the bravest wizards in the war.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2020, 06:30:22 PM »

Read another book, dorks.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2020, 06:57:46 PM »

99% of Slytherins are good patriotic wizards like you or me, but there is that 1% that gets all the focus a lot of Slytherins are extremely brave and gave their lives fighting against he who must not be named. Severus Snape for one, was one of the main heroes of the 2nd Wizarding War and was probably one of the bravest wizards in the war.

#notallslytherins.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2020, 07:14:03 PM »

Stop simping over George W. Bush
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2020, 10:34:05 PM »

But what about Slytherin house makes people go "I want to be in Slytherin /  I would be in Slytherin"?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »

Snape was an incel whose only gripe with Wizard Hitler was the he killed the girl he was horny for
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »

Snape was an incel whose only gripe with Wizard Hitler was the he killed the girl he was horny for

I don't see you giving your life for the Wizarding World coward, you were probably a Hufflepuff!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2020, 04:34:34 PM »

Everybody says Slytherin, the test on Pottermore said Slytherin, so I guess Slytherin lmao
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2020, 04:43:23 PM »

Amazing how the far left and far right have come to agree on yet another thing-- they both hate JK Rowling.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2020, 05:01:32 PM »

The web site says I'm Gryffindor.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2020, 05:12:47 PM »

I don't see you giving your life for the Wizarding World coward, you were probably a Hufflepuff!
Well actually, Hufflepuffs volunteered for the Battle of Hogwarts in numbers comparable to Gryffindor House. Unlike another house I could mention.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2020, 07:51:13 PM »

Amazing how the far left and far right have come to agree on yet another thing-- they both hate JK Rowling.

Libleft Authright unity

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies