Hillary Clinton to back Roberts, lose Democratic nomination

(1/4) > >>

The Duke:
Drudge says Hillary will back Roberts.  I don't see how backing Roberts before there's even a confirmation hearing sits well with the Democratic base.  She's been running to the center for a while now, and Democrats I think are not thrilled.  They either want a legit moderate, which Hillary isn't, or a committed liebral, which Hillarhy isn't acting like right now.

Thoughts?

Alcon:
I doubt that, in three years, this is what people will remember - rather, I think they will be saying what they are now: "hey, it's a recognizable name and face and the heir apparent to the nomination.  Why even bother looking at the other candidates?  She's going to win anyway, so I might as well get on the bandwagon."

It's the mentality that is making her the frontrunner, and if she wins, it's the mentality that will make her win.

TheresNoMoney:
Quote from: John Ford on July 25, 2005, 03:06:38 AM

Thoughts?

You're really reading into this WAY too much. Roberts will be confirmed by a fairly wide margin.

Hillary's support of Roberts really won't effect her either way.

I still don't think she will be the nominee in 2008.

Democratic Hawk:
I think most Democrats will vote for Roberts with a few abstentions and a handful of no votes

Dave

MODU:

This is a non issue, unless during the hearing process she rakes him over the coals and then decides not to back him.  Only then could it be used against her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page