2024 will be the realigning election of our lifetimes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2024 will be the realigning election of our lifetimes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024 will be the realigning election of our lifetimes  (Read 8450 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 18, 2017, 11:56:13 PM »

There will be a realignment; it will probably be in the 2030s, and it may involve the Dems becoming the party of the rich.

That's largely already happened.  Rich people over 50 vote Republican, rich people under 50 vote Democrat.

I feel that the rich people voting Democratic are actually Republicans disgusted with their evangelical base. Or rather they're voting for the Democratic coalition that exists under the Reagan age. Which amounts to neoliberal lite.

With Sanders on the scene I could see the traditional Jeffersonian - Jacksonian Democratic coalition reemerging based on working class folks. I take a middle road between Tom RINO and you here.

That is absolutely true and it is the main reason I vote Democrat.  I would obviously benefit personally from Republicans getting their way on taxes and repealing Obamacare.  However, I have nothing but contempt and disgust for the Evangelical wing of the Republican party... as long as they are in charge... and THEY ARE in charge... I will never vote Republican for any level of government.  I would like Democrats to do even better with rich people in the future because then the party will align itself accordingly on fiscal issues.  There are lots of people in suburbs that are socially liberal but fiscally conservative.  The Republican party is turning into the opposite of this.

Rockerfeller Republicans ? TD did a pretty good timeline on this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies