The Green Thread: Marijuana in the states

<< < (2/117) > >>

publicunofficial:
Quote from: Silent Cal on February 13, 2017, 09:57:12 PM

I hope Jeff Sessions enforces federal law. If you want the law changed, change it. We can't just ignore the hierarchy of legal code.

What happened to conservatives supporting states rights?

MasterJedi:
Quote from: publicunofficial on February 14, 2017, 04:38:06 AM

I hope Jeff Sessions enforces federal law. If you want the law changed, change it. We can't just ignore the hierarchy of legal code.

They will again when they're out of power, but then with all the changes they made the Dems can ram a lot down their throat and they won't be able to stop it. Not a smart move on their part.

NOVA Green:
Here's what I think the status of legal recreational marijuana could look like after November 2020, by either referendum or through the statewide legislative process ...

In theory Kentucky or West Virginia could gain a comparative advantage by being the first to Legalize recreational marijuana, where 20-25% of domestic US agricultural production is currently based....

I doubt it will happen with the Social Fundies running the joint in both states, but certainly Kentucky in particular is well positioned, with a better growing climate, historical large scale agricultural hemp production, as well as iconoclasts of both political parties over the past few decades that have been promoting KY doing its agricultural thang.....

Plus if Rand Paul is still in the US Senate, it will help give the State some protection from Federal Government overreach, even under a Trump/Sessions administration....

Regardless, the papers are drying as we speak, and I can see close to 50% of Americans living in full "Green States" come 2020.....

Badger:
Quote from: MasterJedi on February 14, 2017, 04:40:26 PM

They will again when they're out of power, but then with all the changes they made the Dems can ram a lot down their throat and they won't be able to stop it. Not a smart move on their part.

Deblano:

The GOP cares about fiscal responsibility and state's rights when they are not in power.

When they are in power, they spend like drunken sailors and shove their police batons in every house.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page