The Green Thread: Marijuana in the states

<< < (96/117) > >>

NOVA Green:
Tulsa County has now flipped to NO with 73% of precincts reporting.

NO is killing it in Northern and Southern Oklahoma County.

YES votes are strongest in places closest to Oklahoma State University and some precincts North of "Downtown", if my brief survey of precinct results, census tracts, and neighborhood mapping is correct.

walleye26:
Quote from: NOVA Green on March 07, 2023, 09:33:54 PM

Still slightly difficult to read the Oklahoma County results with so many precincts outstanding...

It does appear that YES overperformed county vote % in the most heavily African-American census tracts, based upon precincts reporting thus far.

Does it seem like there are more “yes” or “no” areas left to count?

NOVA Green:
Now the only suspense remaining is will Oklahoma County vote YES or flip to NO...

226/290 precincts reporting:

YES--- 41,236
NO---  40,219

We have some precincts on the Westside outstanding neighboring "Weedie" precincts, handful on the Northside which are a bit mixed, some big looking rural type precincts on the far Eastside likely without tons of population, and a few other miscellaneous precincts floating around.

Any bets if the "Anti Weed" crew will sweep all counties in OK?

NOVA Green:
Quote from: walleye26 on March 07, 2023, 10:14:04 PM

Quote from: NOVA Green on March 07, 2023, 09:33:54 PM

Still slightly difficult to read the Oklahoma County results with so many precincts outstanding...

It does appear that YES overperformed county vote % in the most heavily African-American census tracts, based upon precincts reporting thus far.

Does it seem like there are more “yes” or “no” areas left to count?

Apologies was busy looking at some numbers and working on my Oklahoma County post, so didn't see this until after had finished posting.

:(

Wasn't prepared for this election, let alone matching it against some of the other precinct data sets I have, since after all elections involving things like "weed", "abortion", etc aren't typically something that is collected.

Even trying to match against '12, '16, and '20 PRES precinct results for a few of the largest counties isn't something to easily prepare for, even if I had been, let alone not necessarily actionable, especially within the context of what appears to be a very low TO SE.

Your guess is as good as mine. ;)

Interlocutor is just not there yet:
Quote from: Interlocutor on March 07, 2023, 05:44:16 PM

Quote from: Skill and Chance on March 03, 2023, 10:27:59 AM

Quote from: Interlocutor on March 03, 2023, 04:16:03 AM

No 58-60% sounds about right. Chances may have been low to begin with, but it was DOA as soon as it was moved to some random March odd-year election.

Not as sure that applies anymore.  The left has been overrepresented in pretty much all special elections since Trump.

You're right. I keep forgetting that that's a fairly recent shift.

I'm still predicting No to prevail by around 15-20%

Starting to think my original assumption was correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page