2016 White and Non-White Vote by County Project (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:10:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2016 White and Non-White Vote by County Project (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 White and Non-White Vote by County Project  (Read 29695 times)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« on: May 18, 2021, 02:48:35 PM »

Over a year later, and no further progress was made. As I've said, I doubt this will be recreated again, because Reagente has moved on to other projects.

After finals are over, I'll resurrect this project from the dead - I've found another place to upload an interactive map.

I assume the Latino and Asian results will use disaggregated ethnicity/country of origin data?

That's what the old model did.

Now that the 2020 census turnout data is available, I'll probably just create a new model that does 2016 and 2020 the same way, which will allow people to see the swing.

Update: I hope to have an interactive map live by the end of the week.

In the meantime, here are the initial calculations* for Whites and Non-Whites (non Atlas colors) in the 2020 election:

White:

Non-White:

(I will make better static maps that will be uploaded when the interactive map goes live).

*Will revise these when the 2020 hard count figures come out, but I don't expect drastic changes.

Biden won the white vote in Orange County, CA?!?! (Unless of course ‘white’ includes Hispanic whites.)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 03:49:00 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2021, 03:53:40 PM by Alcibiades »

Biden won the white vote in Orange County, CA?!?! (Unless of course ‘white’ includes Hispanic whites.)

I'm guessing Biden narrowly won (Non-Hispanic) Whites there if precinct and city-level swings from 2016 are anything to go by. The county as a whole barely swung D; the more working-class Mexican and Vietnamese areas swung heavily R while everywhere else swung mildly D.

Despite these swings, I still very much struggle to believe that non-Hispanic whites voted fewer than 9 points to the right of the county as a whole.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies