The Northern Strategy Explained (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2022, 11:01:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Northern Strategy Explained (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Northern Strategy Explained  (Read 30269 times)
Young Texan
TexasConservative

P P
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »

I don't think there is such thing as a so called Northern Strategy. It would be nice to have such a plan, but the GOP doesn't have that. I think what you are referring to is the Trump Strategy. In regards to Nixon's southern strategy, Nixon had the aim of electing Republicans across those states putting the south into the GOP's hands. The Trump strategy is to get him reelected and that is it. He didn't do much to prop up candidates down ballot in 2016 and he probably won't do much come 2018. You are right on the fact of Trump's pivot to working class voters up North. Where I find disagreements is that this is setting up to be the southern strategy of the north; it isn't at all. Trump is like Arnie in California almost. He will build up a coalition for him to get reelected by a large margin and the party will only have one goal: to reelect Trump. I don't think the northern strategy is set up now but it will be down the road.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies