Do Democrats care about the safety of America by coddling refugees?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:30:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do Democrats care about the safety of America by coddling refugees?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do Democrats care about the safety of America by coddling refugees?  (Read 738 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2017, 03:30:49 PM »

Serious question, here. I'm a Independent,  I call out both sides. Do the Democrats care about the safety of America, with all these refugees that they want here? You have to admit that some of these people have questionable terrorist ties. Why can't these protesters understand that?

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 03:32:29 PM »

I call everyone out. I'm a centrist.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 03:33:39 PM »

democrats are, as everybody knows, the pro-safety, pro-security party.

but i understand that the skittles-theory is killing all debate in that area.

if there could be ONE terrorist, let them all rot in syria...and we wonder, why o many refugees have died in the past?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 03:38:14 PM »

If you're so enthusiastic about a Muslim ban, why not include Russia among the list of proscribed countries? Chechnya, the homeland of the Boston bombers, is a part of Russia that Putin fought particularly vigorously to keep.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »

democrats are, as everybody knows, the pro-safety, pro-security party.

but i understand that the skittles-theory is killing all debate in that area.

if there could be ONE terrorist, let them all rot in syria...and we wonder, why o many refugees have died in the past?

In Trump's defense, he did suggest creating a safe zone within Syria to keep them safe, though we haven't heard anything about that in a while.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »

First they came for the muslims
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 03:43:29 PM »

In Trump's defense, he did suggest creating a safe zone within Syria to keep them safe, though we haven't heard anything about that in a while.

i agree with that policy, even if it eh.....means STARTING THE THIRD WORLD WAR, as i was informed before the election.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 04:01:14 PM »

You are more likely to be killed by your own clothes than by a refugee terrorist.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 04:21:34 PM »

You all do realize that Bronz is making these threads for attention, right?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »

i agree with that policy, even if it eh.....means STARTING THE THIRD WORLD WAR, as i was informed before the election.

The difference is that when the establishment sais no fly zone, that means shooting down Syrian planes and bombing Syrian troops, regardless of what the UN resolution actually authorizes. Remember Libya?

When Trump says it I would assume he means it literally, a zone that is completly neutral for refugees, and not an excuse to become a belligerent in the war.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 04:34:38 PM »

Serious question, here. I'm a Independent,  I call out both sides. Do the Democrats care about the safety of America, with all these refugees that they want here? You have to admit that some of these people have questionable terrorist ties. Why can't these protesters understand that?

Because your core premise is full of crap.

"You have to admit that some of these people have questionable terrorist ties."

You need to do some god damned math. Your mailman might have questionable terrorist ties. Are you going to refuse to pick up your mail? The same goes for almost everyone you interact with every day.

The fact is that terrorism is really, really effing RARE. So rare that more Americans were killed by toddlers last year than by terrorists. Terrorism is an innumerate excuse for doing anything beyond emergency response and basic security, WHICH WE ALREADY DO.

The real threat to American is undermining our nation with stupid decisions and bad precedents, and wasting our vast but finite resources in extremely ineffective and inefficient ways because a bunch of innumerate cowards are scared of people who aren't perfect clones of themselves.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »

If you're so enthusiastic about a Muslim ban, why not include Russia among the list of proscribed countries? Chechnya, the homeland of the Boston bombers, is a part of Russia that Putin fought particularly vigorously to keep.

-That's why the ban should be explicitly a MUSLIM ban. Anything short of that is far less useful.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 04:51:33 PM »

-That's why the ban should be explicitly a MUSLIM ban. Anything short of that is far less useful.

would be one if it wasn't unconstitutional.
Eharding

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 04:54:46 PM »

-It's perfectly constitutional. Where's the amendment that says "Congress shall make no law hindering the entry of Mohammedans into the territory of the United States"? No such thing.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »

Wasn't "The safety of America" used as a scared tactic against the abolishment of slavery because black people were going to seek revenge. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »

-It's perfectly constitutional. Where's the amendment that says "Congress shall make no law hindering the entry of Mohammedans into the territory of the United States"? No such thing.

But that is a law respecting an establishment of religion and a "law' instead of simply enforcing a law.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 05:20:10 PM »

Troll thread, bro.

But just popping in to say this: Barack Obama took out Osama bin Laden and killed a lot of terr'ists.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 05:33:21 PM »

Twice, actually:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment XIV, Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 05:55:07 PM »

Bronz, if you're gonna make yet another of these threads can you finally answer my question about whether or not you actually understand any of the specifics of Trump's executive order and why people are protesting it?
Eharding

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »

Twice, actually:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment XIV, Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

-Foreigners outside the U.S. are not under America's jurisdiction and "not Islam" is not a religion.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »

Bronz, if you're gonna make yet another of these threads can you finally answer my question about whether or not you actually understand any of the specifics of Trump's executive order and why people are protesting it?

Yes, I do understand the specifics of it. It is from 7 majority-Muslim nations that have questionable terrorist ties. Why don't the protesters get it? Why are they allowing their "bleeding heart-liberal" persona get in the way of safety. I believe in immigration. We are all immigrants, but people need to come to the U.S. in the right and legal way.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »

Yes, I do understand the specifics of it. It is from 7 majority-Muslim nations that have questionable terrorist ties. Why don't the protesters get it? Why are they allowing their "bleeding heart-liberal" persona get in the way of safety. I believe in immigration. We are all immigrants, but people need to come to the U.S. in the right and legal way.

We don't believe you. Wasn't Saudi Arabia included? It was a dumb ban and a racist one. And "the reasons" for racism doesn't not make it racist, otherwise racism would never exist.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 07:10:56 PM »

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/25/14383316/trump-muslim-ban-immigration-visas-terrorism-executive-order

" The San Bernardino shooting that killed 14 people was carried out by an American-born US citizen of Pakistani descent and a lawful permanent US resident of Pakistani descent. The Orlando nightclub shooter who murdered 49 people was an American-born US citizen of Afghan descent. The Boston marathon bombers, who identified as ethnic Chechen, came to the US from Kyrgyzstan and grew up in Cambridge, Massachusetts, before carrying out attacks that left three dead. The militant who killed four Marines during a shooting spree in Tennessee was a Kuwaiti-born US citizen whose parents were Palestinian and Jordanian.

Faisal Shahzad, the attempted Times Square bomber, was Pakistani-American. Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the infamous “underwear bomber,” was Nigerian. Richard Reid, whose 2001 attempt to blow up an airplane with explosives hidden in his shoes is the reason we still have to stand barefoot in the TSA line more than 15 years later, was born in the UK to a white English mother and a mixed-race Jamaican immigrant father. Nidal Hasan, who killed 13 people at Fort Hood in 2009, was born in Virginia to Palestinian parents.

And the 9/11 hijackers? Fifteen were from Saudi Arabia, two were from the United Arab Emirates, one was from Lebanon, and one was Egyptian. Osama bin Laden was a Saudi citizen, and his top deputies — including the current leader of al-Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri, were Egyptian.

Literally not a single one of those countries is on Trump's list, and the ones that do show up repeatedly — especially Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt — aren’t on the list. "

So what were you saying ?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 11:57:53 PM »

Do you understand how the ban effected legal residents?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies