MD Governor: New Poll 7/21/05 (Here's a shocker)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD Governor: New Poll 7/21/05 (Here's a shocker)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MD Governor: New Poll 7/21/05 (Here's a shocker)  (Read 2906 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2005, 09:34:54 AM »
« edited: July 22, 2005, 09:36:59 AM by nickshepDEM »

Thanks... Smiley

I just started following this race about a week or so ago.  From what I have read I am very impressed with Hackett.  He seems like a great candidate and a great American.  The least I can do is throw his name and banner in my sig.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2005, 09:45:33 AM »

Hackett is an excellent candidate.

The people of southern Ohio would be crazy to choose a Tom Delay-Republican like Jean Schmidt over him.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2005, 10:03:49 AM »

Why are you attending a Democratic speech?

He's a closet Democrat.  Has too much pride to admit it though.

haha... nah I just think it would be cool to go to the Press Club, as I'm only going to be in DC through mid-August. When Democrats come to my college I'll go, I would have seen Daschle except I had a literal ton of crap due the next day.

I've actually found a lot of people better in person, which perhaps is contrary to what you would think. I'll report on any observations if and when I see O'Malley.

I've seen a lot in Congress so I'll probably post some random stuff on that sooner or later.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2005, 11:35:48 AM »

If Duncan's the better nominee, nominate him. Just get that idiot Ehlrich out. Of course he might be marginally better than Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, who actually is on a campaign to ban dodgeball in public schools. Even I don't know if I would've voted for her.

Duncan and O'Malley appear to be both good sane Democrats who aren't primarily concerned with such asinine crap.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »

Basically, Ehrlich's 2002 victory was an anomaly.  Maryland's rural voters were upset with then-Gov. Parris Glendening's excessive environmental policies.  The fact that he was going through a nasty divorce and married an office staffer didn't help matters much.  My guess is that Doug Duncan will win the nomination thanks to his pull with suburban voters, but it's too early to tell for sure.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2005, 01:04:47 PM »

Frankly, Maryland's in a nasty place. Of the Democrats, Duncan is nominally preferable, but I'm not a huge fan of either. Ehrlich's very milquetoast, in my impression, and he hasn't been very good for my mother (who works for DHR-Child Support) - the hiring freeze, a relic of a couple years of budget crunches, hasn't been removed despite the surplus. I do like his pro-gambling position, though. That said, I'll keep an eye out on the Libertarian candidate...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies