Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:24:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules  (Read 5683 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »

Why does she get so much hate on this forum? It seems like this website is dedicated to ensuring she loses every single election in the future and keeping her out of politics for as long as possible. THis is the same frothing-at-the-mouth hatred everyone had a go at Trump supporters for.

So what if she met Assad? He's a damn sight better that ISIS. No she is not a homophobe or Islamophobe. However, if we use that logic, we can call Hillary a white supremacist for being close with Robert Byrd or working for Barry Goldwater. Or we could call Obama a traitor because Jeremiah Wright.

Seriously, just lay off. You're all so obsessed with wanting to see her fail that soon enough, that will become your sole objective.

Sorry I have a serious problem with a U.S congresswoman meeting with a dictator currently in the middle of committing heinous war crimes.  Totally the same as Hillary meeting with a sitting senator though, sure.....

Well Byrd was a KKK member. Did the KKK not commit heinous crimes too? Or is all that just an invention of history?

I'm not denying that Assad is a bad person, but if he goes, ISIS takes over. It's that simple. I have no problem with a Congresswoman meeting with him if Obama can meet with Saudi leaders and not cop flak for it.

I'm just tired of seeing this frothing-at-the-mouth hatred for her. Seriously, half the time it seems like you guys want to see her lose every future election she's in. The other half the time is just blind hatred for her. Does she have some problems? Of course. However, unlike what seems like 80% of the people on here, that doesn't reduce me to a foaming, frothy mess who is obsessed with seeing her fail.

Stop with the stupid strawman arguments.

This story is exactly why a lot of us find Tulsi Gabbard unacceptable. Trying to make it seem less bad wont help your case.

-Did you find Hillary Clinton unacceptable when she met with Poroshenko, who has been responsible for the deaths of thousands in his futile attempt to suppress the rebellion in Donbass?

Hillary did that in New York, not Ukraine. And Poroshenko isn't a hostile dictator.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard is an ethnic minority.  The alt-right will never support her.

they already do, but you're not paying attention.

That headline is god damn disgusting and orwellian - "The Syrian People want peace". Which might be true, but mostly because they want Assad to stop killing them.

-There are no agreements between the Lion of Damascus and the Grey Wolves.
Eharding

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 06:43:07 PM »

Why does she get so much hate on this forum? It seems like this website is dedicated to ensuring she loses every single election in the future and keeping her out of politics for as long as possible. THis is the same frothing-at-the-mouth hatred everyone had a go at Trump supporters for.

So what if she met Assad? He's a damn sight better that ISIS. No she is not a homophobe or Islamophobe. However, if we use that logic, we can call Hillary a white supremacist for being close with Robert Byrd or working for Barry Goldwater. Or we could call Obama a traitor because Jeremiah Wright.

Seriously, just lay off. You're all so obsessed with wanting to see her fail that soon enough, that will become your sole objective.

Sorry I have a serious problem with a U.S congresswoman meeting with a dictator currently in the middle of committing heinous war crimes.  Totally the same as Hillary meeting with a sitting senator though, sure.....

Well Byrd was a KKK member. Did the KKK not commit heinous crimes too? Or is all that just an invention of history?

I'm not denying that Assad is a bad person, but if he goes, ISIS takes over. It's that simple. I have no problem with a Congresswoman meeting with him if Obama can meet with Saudi leaders and not cop flak for it.

I'm just tired of seeing this frothing-at-the-mouth hatred for her. Seriously, half the time it seems like you guys want to see her lose every future election she's in. The other half the time is just blind hatred for her. Does she have some problems? Of course. However, unlike what seems like 80% of the people on here, that doesn't reduce me to a foaming, frothy mess who is obsessed with seeing her fail.

Stop with the stupid strawman arguments.

This story is exactly why a lot of us find Tulsi Gabbard unacceptable. Trying to make it seem less bad wont help your case.

-Did you find Hillary Clinton unacceptable when she met with Poroshenko, who has been responsible for the deaths of thousands in his futile attempt to suppress the rebellion in Donbass?

Hillary did that in New York, not Ukraine. And Poroshenko isn't a hostile dictator.

-Assad isn't a "hostile dictator", either.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 07:08:00 PM »

The right, in all forms, is overjoyed when they can find a minority to rally around. Gives them the moral licensing to proceed to believe whatever white supremacist nonsense they want and feel immune to the "racist" label.

See; Malik Obama, Ben Carson, "Blacks 4 Trump"
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 07:11:53 PM »

Why does she get so much love on this forum? It seems like this website is dedicated to ensuring she wins every single primary poll in the future and keeping her name in the headlines for as long as possible. THis is the same frothing-at-the-mouth fanaticism everyone had a go at Trump supporters for.
wjx987
Rookie
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 07:12:24 PM »

No she is not a homophobe or Islamophobe.

Islamophobe she may not be, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable voting for a candidate who voted to limit the entrance of refugees, a move which was overwhelmingly supported by conservatives, not to mention a move I disagree with. I don't virulently hate her either; I just dislike her because of the aforementioned reason.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 07:21:20 PM »

Oh my G-d. Deplorable Tulsi.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 10:08:57 PM »

That headline is god damn disgusting and orwellian - "The Syrian People want peace". Which might be true, but mostly because they want Assad to stop killing them.

The right, in all forms, is overjoyed when they can find a minority to rally around. Gives them the moral licensing to proceed to believe whatever white supremacist nonsense they want and feel immune to the "racist" label.

You have no idea what the alt-right is.  The alt-right isn't just a group of people who make memes and yell "cuck."  They believe that non-whites should be deported.  The only minorities they like are black separatists.  Sometimes they make exceptions for the Japanese.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 10:11:57 PM »

Yea, I'm glad I don't like her anymore. She's someone's useful idiot.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 10:23:38 PM »

But guys: Bernie Bros.

Ha ha checkmate. She wins the 2020 nomination because Bernie Bros.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 10:29:11 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard is an ethnic minority.  The alt-right will never support her.

You have no idea what the alt-right is.  The alt-right isn't just a group of people who make memes and yell "cuck."  They believe that non-whites should be deported.  The only minorities they like are black separatists.  Sometimes they make exceptions for the Japanese.

Most of the people who call themselves "alt-right" aren't being serious, though.  I go on /pol/ every day and it's pretty obvious when they're actually being racist and when they're just being edgy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 10:30:29 PM »

Does it matter? How much sway does the alt-right have in Democratic primaries?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 10:34:24 PM »

Most of the people who call themselves "alt-right" aren't being serious, though.  I go on /pol/ every day and it's pretty obvious when they're actually being racist and when they're just being edgy.

The ones I've come across seem serious.  They believe that whites are on the verge of extinction and the only way to stop it is resegregation.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 10:40:10 PM »

Why does she get so much hate on this forum?

Uh, she has ties to groups in India that are basically Hindu versions of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Seriously, ffs.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 12:11:15 AM »

I support her, but I'm not going to say I endorse her meeting with Assad, but we don't know what was spoken about behind closed doors. She's certainly setting herself up for a 2020 run, she seems like a leftist populist.
Eharding

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 12:36:07 AM »

Yea, I'm glad I don't like her anymore. She's someone's useful idiot.

-Nope! Strong independent woman!
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 01:19:40 AM »

You attempt to smear Tulsi Gabbard for meeting with a dictator, yet did you ever complain about the Democratic Nominee for POTUS meeting with dictators all over the world?
While Gabbard is trying to achieve peace and keep Syria out of the hands of Islamic Extremists, Queen Hillary was allowing South Sudan to forcibly conscript children into it's army and calling Uzbekistan an ally in war against terror, while they were boiling people alive, but did you ever complain about that...no, your bias is showing.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 01:39:39 AM »

How dare she not support arming every random jihadist in Syria? How dare she!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 01:42:22 AM »

How dare she not support arming every random jihadist in Syria? How dare she!

Even for you, this is a hilariously dumb strawman. There is obviously a fine line between "arming every random jihadist in Syria" and paying a friendly visit to Assad. If you can't see that then you probably shouldn't complain if I call you pro-Putin.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2017, 08:27:03 AM »

You attempt to smear Tulsi Gabbard for meeting with a dictator, yet did you ever complain about the Democratic Nominee for POTUS meeting with dictators all over the world?
While Gabbard is trying to achieve peace and keep Syria out of the hands of Islamic Extremists, Queen Hillary was allowing South Sudan to forcibly conscript children into it's army and calling Uzbekistan an ally in war against terror, while they were boiling people alive, but did you ever complain about that...no, your bias is showing.

How stupid are you?

Its the SoS's job to meet foreign leaders on behalf of the president and to further our countries interests. Tulsi Gabbard, a congresswoman with no authority on foreign policy, went on a trip to Syria without telling anyone and met with a war criminal. Its not comparable.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 08:43:40 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2017, 08:50:47 AM by Phony Moderate »

She might be, but if so it's not due to her having meetings with particularly unpleasant dictators.

"Lindbergh was bad, but it wasn't because he frolicked with Hitler"

Kofi Annan met up with Saddam Hussein in 1998. If you want to use the "but Annan was in a position to do so" argument then I would point out that Ted Heath and Tony Benn also met Saddam, despite neither holding positions of government at the time. The fact that she simply met up with him isn't the important thing; the important thing is the content of the meeting.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 09:16:10 AM »

Why does she get so much hate on this forum?

Uh, she has ties to groups in India that are basically Hindu versions of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Seriously, ffs.

Which group? Because I am pretty sure the PM of India also comes from a Hindu Group who are basically evangelicals type. By that logic, you have to condemn every strong Evangelical.

@ Topic - US is negotiating with Assad, meeting him through people - What is the problem with this?

The rebels are basically full of Al Qaeda people & extremists who belonged to the group who attacked in 9/11. Assad is a secular guy, the rebels are religious extremists. And then you have ISIS.

You always negotiate with people & people are negotiating with Assad to solve this mess!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »

In a release, Gabbard’s office said the trip was approved by the House Ethics Committee and was sponsored by the Arab American Community Center for Economic and Social Services.

“Originally, I had no intention of meeting with Assad, but when given the opportunity, I felt it was important to take it," she said in the release. "I think we should be ready to meet with anyone if there’s a chance it can help bring about an end to this war, which is causing the Syrian people so much suffering."
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2017, 09:18:55 AM »

Which group? Because I am pretty sure the PM of India also comes from a Hindu Group who are basically evangelicals type. By that logic, you have to condemn every strong Evangelical.
You see, BRTD thinks he is an Evangelical.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »

Well I've also never been the Governor of a state where I encouraged riots and attacks on non-evangelicals and was banned from visiting foreign countries due to that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies