Southern Chamber of Delegates Thread-Introduce Legislation Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:28:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Chamber of Delegates Thread-Introduce Legislation Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Southern Chamber of Delegates Thread-Introduce Legislation Here  (Read 10477 times)
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2017, 10:41:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The delegates aren't the ones deciding. Peebs is. Peebs made a mistake and that mistake was rectified. The official certification came in at 12.27 atlas time, after you had submitted your bill. But when I submitted that bill, I was certified. Was I supposed to assume that that certification wouldn't count later?

Ergo, you jumped the gun. Tough luck. Read your bill more carefully next time.

Uh, this is the internet. Are you really saying that you never actually checked your bill. Sad! I... wrote that part, but I don't check the exact wording of every bill before doing anything...

You never actually refiled them. You sorta waved your hand around and said they were 'refiled', without actually submitting the bills.  You're just making up rules here. Who says I can't just "wave my hand" to submit bills that are already on the thread?

No one is taking you seriously, at least I hope.

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2017, 11:54:31 PM »

I LOVE IT

Bill 16:

Amendment to the Rules and Procedure of the Southern Legislature

Sponsor: Ben Kenobi.

Bill 17:

"Income Inequality Reduction Act"

Sponsor: Ben Kenobi
etc.

You only have to go back 2 months to see this eternal precedent being broken by none other than Ben himself.
Smiley
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2017, 05:45:34 AM »

The delegates aren't the ones deciding. Peebs is. Peebs made a mistake and that mistake was rectified. The official certification came in at 12.27 atlas time, after you had submitted your bill. But when I submitted that bill, I was certified. Was I supposed to assume that that certification wouldn't count later?

Ergo, you jumped the gun. Tough luck. Read your bill more carefully next time.

Uh, this is the internet. Are you really saying that you never actually checked your bill. Sad! I... wrote that part, but I don't check the exact wording of every bill before doing anything...

You never actually refiled them. You sorta waved your hand around and said they were 'refiled', without actually submitting the bills.  You're just making up rules here. Who says I can't just "wave my hand" to submit bills that are already on the thread?

No one is taking you seriously, at least I hope.

I think it's more of the opposite that nobody is taking you serious, my good friend.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2017, 07:24:27 AM »

I was talking about non-hacks tbh
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2017, 07:39:14 AM »

On Atlas, there is no such thing as a non-hack.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2017, 07:46:14 AM »

There are many compared to Delegate Ben Kenobi.
Maybe we should stop debating, just let Ben waste his time.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2017, 09:12:28 AM »

I'd like to cosponsor the Clean Energy Bill, the Daylight Savings Time Abolition Act, the Promotion of Southern Culture in Literature Act, and the Southern Reinvestment, Redevelopment, and Conservation Act of 2017.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2017, 02:19:12 PM »

I'd like to cosponsor the Clean Energy Bill, the Daylight Savings Time Abolition Act, the Promotion of Southern Culture in Literature Act, and the Southern Reinvestment, Redevelopment, and Conservation Act of 2017.

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2017, 04:13:40 PM »

Me + Ben = Purple heart
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2017, 04:47:30 PM »

Me + Ben = Purple heart

diptheriadan

« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2017, 08:14:02 PM by Dipper »

I forgot to mention it here, but Gov. Wells said that he was interested in doing a duel North-South border ceremony thing.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2017, 08:14:48 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2017, 08:21:44 PM by Delegate RINO JTC »

I forgot to mention it here, but Gov. Wells said that he was interested in doing a duel North-South border ceremony thing.
If you have legislation, post it here and I'll see if it seems worth sponsoring.

And here's for the sake of super duper correctness and up to dateness

1: Electoral System Clarification Act (JustinTimeCuber)
2: Act to revise Bill 2's 'revision to the rules of the chamber of delegates' (Ben Kenobi)
3: Clean Energy Bill (Ben Kenobi, fhtagn, JustinTimeCuber)
4: Daylight Savings Time Abolition Act (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)

5: Prohibtion with Companies that Boycott Israel (Ben Kenobi)
6: Establishment of Southern Regional Medical Center (Ben Kenobi)
7: Southern Defense Act (Ben Kenobi)
8: Promotion of Southern Culture in Literature Act (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)
9: Southern Reinvestment, Redevelopment, and Conservation Act of 2017 (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)

10: Southern Families Act (Ben Kenobi)

11: Beards are our friends (Ben Kenobi)
12. Transgender Rights Act (JustinTimeCuber)
13. Income Inequality Reduction Act (JustinTimeCuber)
14. Amendment to Article IV, Sections 1-3 of the Southern Constitution (JustinTimeCuber)
15. Minimum Wage Commission Act (JustinTimeCuber)
16. Euthanasia Ban Repeal Act (JustinTimeCuber)

17. Southern Remembrance Act (Ben Kenobi)
18. The Booth Day Act (Ben Kenobi)

Stats for nerrrrrrrrds
7 ACP/FED
6 LAB
5 Bipartisan

e: co-sponsoring the Beards are our Friends Act because why the hell not
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2017, 08:47:08 PM »

Okay, so upon discussion the time of certification with Peebs, it actually does appear that Ben was correct. At the time ESCA was pre-filed, we had not been officially certified.

Official certification took place on May 15, 2017,  at 12:21:57 pm. Anything pre-filed before this date and time does not make the list until it is re-filed.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2017, 08:59:18 PM by Delegate LINO JTC »

Okay, so upon discussion the time of certification with Peebs, it actually does appear that Ben was correct. At the time ESCA was pre-filed, we had not been officially certified.

Official certification took place on May 15, 2017,  at 12:21:57 pm. Anything pre-filed before this date and time does not make the list until it is re-filed.
At the time I filed that legislation, my election was certified. That certification was changed later, but it's not fair to the Delegates to give them the responsibility of determining whether a certification is "correct" or not.

I'm pre-filing identical legislation at the end of the queue, until this is resolved.

1: Electoral System Clarification Act (JustinTimeCuber)*
2: Act to revise Bill 2's 'revision to the rules of the chamber of delegates' (Ben Kenobi)
3: Clean Energy Bill (Ben Kenobi, fhtagn, JustinTimeCuber)
4: Daylight Savings Time Abolition Act (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)

5: Prohibtion with Companies that Boycott Israel (Ben Kenobi)
6: Establishment of Southern Regional Medical Center (Ben Kenobi)
7: Southern Defense Act (Ben Kenobi)
8: Promotion of Southern Culture in Literature Act (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)
9: Southern Reinvestment, Redevelopment, and Conservation Act of 2017 (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)

10: Southern Families Act (Ben Kenobi)

11: Beards are our friends (Ben Kenobi)
12. Transgender Rights Act (JustinTimeCuber)
13. Income Inequality Reduction Act (JustinTimeCuber)
14. Amendment to Article IV, Sections 1-3 of the Southern Constitution (JustinTimeCuber)
15. Minimum Wage Commission Act (JustinTimeCuber)
16. Euthanasia Ban Repeal Act (JustinTimeCuber)

17. Southern Remembrance Act (Ben Kenobi)
18. The Booth Day Act (Ben Kenobi)

19: Electoral System Clarification Act (JustinTimeCuber)

*Under dispute

Stats for nerrrrrrrrds
7 ACP/FED
7 (6) LAB
5 Bipartisan
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:10 PM »

As a result of the discussion with Peebs to clarify the date and time of certification, these are the pre-filed bills, in the order in which they were properly pre-filed:

1: Act to revise Bill 2's 'revision to the rules of the chamber of delegates' (Ben Kenobi)
2: Clean Energy Bill (Ben Kenobi, fhtagn, JustinTimeCuber)
3: Daylight Savings Time Abolition Act (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)
4: Prohibition with Companies that Boycott Israel (Ben Kenobi)
5: Establishment of Southern Regional Medical Center (Ben Kenobi)
6: Southern Defense Act (Ben Kenobi)
7: Promotion of Southern Culture in Literature Act (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)
8: Southern Reinvestment, Redevelopment, and Conservation Act of 2017 (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)
9: Southern Families Act (Ben Kenobi)
10: Beards are our friends (Ben Kenobi)
11. Southern Remembrance Act (Ben Kenobi)
12. The Booth Day Act (Ben Kenobi)

I'll be happy to add to the list once they are officially filed. I am just going on what bills were introduced properly following the official date and time of certification.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2017, 09:02:05 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2017, 09:04:00 PM by Delegate LINO JTC »

As a result of the discussion with Peebs to clarify the date and time of certification, these are the pre-filed bills, in the order in which they were properly pre-filed:

1: Act to revise Bill 2's 'revision to the rules of the chamber of delegates' (Ben Kenobi)
7: Promotion of Southern Culture in Literature Act (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)
8: Southern Reinvestment, Redevelopment, and Conservation Act of 2017 (Ben Kenobi, JustinTimeCuber)
11. Southern Remembrance Act (Ben Kenobi)
12. The Booth Day Act (Ben Kenobi)

I'll be happy to add to the list once they are officially filed. I am just going on what bills were introduced properly following the official date and time of certification.
You're leaving off the legislation which I pre-filed after realizing my mistake earlier.
There is no rule that says that I can't pre-file legislation by just saying so, so long as the text of the legislation in question was clearly mentioned before.

I'm willing to withdraw S1 if people stop it with the "you need to put the text of the legislation to sponsor it" thing, which no one put up a fuss about when Ben did 2 months ago.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2017, 09:09:02 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2017, 09:12:55 PM by Governor NeverAgain »

Official certification took place on May 15, 2017,  at 12:21:57 pm. Anything pre-filed before this date and time does not make the list until it is re-filed.

I have to agree with JTC here. Whether a result is accurate or not, and therefore affects his or her pre -filing  only matters if it would affect that delegate's election or not. In this case, it would not. If it was Dip, or a Delegate whose election was in question, who proposed legislation after the certification of supposed first results came out than it would be a different issue. Here, JTC's election was not in contention based on neither the first nor second results. Therefore his pre-filing of legislation should be valid.

Of course, this doesn't matter if Mr. Cuber is following under new legislation.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »

As you are correct in that I cannot find a rule that specifically states the full text must be included when re-filing, I will give you that, but in the proper order:

11. Transgender Rights Act (JustinTimeCuber)
12. Income Inequality Reduction Act (JustinTimeCuber)
13. Amendment to Article IV, Sections 1-3 of the Southern Constitution (JustinTimeCuber)
14. Minimum Wage Commission Act (JustinTimeCuber)
15. Euthanasia Ban Repeal Act (JustinTimeCuber)
16. Southern Remembrance Act (Ben Kenobi)
17. The Booth Day Act (Ben Kenobi)

ESCA has yet to be officially re-filed, though you did re-file the others:
And to be SUPER clear, I am gonna say this again, I am pre-filing S12-S16 as labeled above. (numbers have changed slightly due to ESCA not being officially pre-filed)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »

Official certification took place on May 15, 2017,  at 12:21:57 pm. Anything pre-filed before this date and time does not make the list until it is re-filed.

I have to agree with JTC here. Whether a result is accurate or not, and therefore affects his or her pre -filing  only matters if it would affect that delegate's election or not. In this case, it would not. If it was Dip, or a Delegate whose election was in question, who proposed legislation after the certification of supposed first results came out than it would be a different issue. Here, JTC's election was not in contention based on neither the first nor second results. Therefore his pre-filing of legislation should be valid.

Actually, upon discussion with Peebs, that is incorrect. She herself clarified that whether or not a delegate's election changes, the final certification is the only one that matters. The first one is not official, and cannot be used.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »

Alright, we have a compromise. I'm withdrawing the Electoral System Clarification Act, and re-filing it to be at the end of the queue.

4: Prohibtion with Companies that Boycott Israel (Ben Kenobi)

11. Transgender Rights Act (JustinTimeCuber)
12. Income Inequality Reduction Act (JustinTimeCuber)
13. Amendment to Article IV, Sections 1-3 of the Southern Constitution (JustinTimeCuber)
14. Minimum Wage Commission Act (JustinTimeCuber)
15. Euthanasia Ban Repeal Act (JustinTimeCuber)

16. Southern Remembrance Act (Ben Kenobi)
17. The Booth Day Act (Ben Kenobi)

18: Electoral System Clarification Act (JustinTimeCuber)

Stats for nerrrrrrrrds
7 ACP/FED
6 LAB
5 Bipartisan
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »

TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2017, 09:26:50 PM »

I have to agree with JTC here. Whether a result is accurate or not, and therefore affects his or her pre -filing  only matters if it would affect that delegate's election or not. In this case, it would not. If it was Dip, or a Delegate whose election was in question, who proposed legislation after the certification of supposed first results came out than it would be a different issue. Here, JTC's election was not in contention based on neither the first nor second results. Therefore his pre-filing of legislation should be valid.

Actually, upon discussion with Peebs, that is incorrect. She herself clarified that whether or not a delegate's election changes, the final certification is the only one that matters. The first one is not official, and cannot be used.

That seems open to a lot of variables, on the part of the Southern Regional Elections Secretary. I think that the Act should be most definitely revised so we do not have these instances occur again. I will, of course, abide by it, but the problem and precedent that sits here is dangerous. For example, let's say a similar situation occurs in 2 months and a legislator, who is re-elected acts upon an "official result" by the SRES that has seemingly elected them. Only until the SRES publishes an "official" result can the Chamber flow. I would second the amendment to the Chamber Rules (with an addition that no member can pre-file within the first 24-hours of a Chamber election), only after we amend the Regional Elections Department Act to state that any mistakes or changes to the results of any election must be done within 24 hours, or the most recent result will be the official one.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2017, 09:35:05 PM »

That seems open to a lot of variables, on the part of the Southern Regional Elections Secretary. I think that the Act should be most definitely revised so we do not have these instances occur again. I will, of course, abide by it, but the problem and precedent that sits here is dangerous. For example, let's say a similar situation occurs in 2 months and a legislator, who is re-elected acts upon an "official result" by the SRES that has seemingly elected them. Only until the SRES publishes an "official" result can the Chamber flow. I would second the amendment to the Chamber Rules (with an addition that no member can pre-file within the first 24-hours of a Chamber election), only after we amend the Regional Elections Department Act to state that any mistakes or changes to the results of any election must be done within 24 hours, or the most recent result will be the official one.

Not saying I disagree with you, and I am also open to discussing revising and clarifying. But in this particular scenario, I have to go by the most accurate information I have, from the most qualified person in this scenario to speak on this issue.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2017, 10:40:06 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 10:44:49 PM by Governor NeverAgain »

I'll put this here, I introduced something to the Feds of whom I think may get to it sooner, but in the case they do not, I thought that we could look at this also.

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2017, 10:45:52 PM »

I'll put this here, I introduced something to the Feds of whom I think may get to it sooner, but in the case they do not, I thought that we could look at this also.

co-sponsored
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies