What is the best way to deal with left wing violence?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:14:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is the best way to deal with left wing violence?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What is the best way to deal with left wing violence?  (Read 2870 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »

I know the posters here who are advocating for the murder of Trump supporters or Republicans in general are mostly just #edgy spoiled kids, but make no mistake: There's enough trash out there that wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. These people are fine with torture and murder, as long as it's the "right guys" who get treated like this.

Last time I checked, being okay with torture is part of the Trump platform.
Klartext89

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 03:53:23 AM »

Self-defence. Stop being nice to them. They know that they are pathetic scumbags losing eyery argument. If one of these brain-dead loser wants to punch me, he will never punch anybody again. Period.
Klartext89

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 03:54:42 AM »

I know the posters here who are advocating for the murder of Trump supporters or Republicans in general are mostly just #edgy spoiled kids, but make no mistake: There's enough trash out there that wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. These people are fine with torture and murder, as long as it's the "right guys" who get treated like this.

That's the point. They are totally hypocrite, but they know it and they want to be it.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 04:50:25 AM »

discourage it, but when that doesn't work.....record it, report it, defend yourself if need be
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 05:39:36 AM »

Self-defence. Stop being nice to them. They know that they are pathetic scumbags losing eyery argument. If one of these brain-dead loser wants to punch me, he will never punch anybody again. Period.

"Um I'll have you know I am a Navy Seal trained in three different kinds of martial arts. Fight me IRL not offline and see what happens."
politics_king
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 05:43:40 AM »

I don't know any people like that. Americans are commonly centrist, we just want peace, stable income and able to raise our family happily. The fringes who go ballistic are just an outcry of what's really troubling the normal public. That rhetoric you just posted doesn't help matters.
Klartext89

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 05:47:32 AM »

"Um I'll have you know I am a Navy Seal trained in three different kinds of martial arts. Fight me IRL not offline and see what happens."

You're stealing my description of you, my little big word in the Internet boy ;-)
politics_king
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 05:54:34 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2017, 06:58:06 AM by politics_king »

You're stealing my description of you, my little big word in the Internet boy ;-)

He spelled defense wrong, The truth of the matter is, no one is trying to be a "little big word" boy, but no one can be candid about what they think, because most people don't follow the political system.  
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 06:55:50 AM »

Just post the Navy Seal copypasta already if you're going to talk like this guys.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 12:04:45 PM »

Just post the Navy Seal copypasta already if you're going to talk like this guys.

I wanted to but it loses it's impact when you have to censor all the cuss words.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:44 PM »

Post your selfies in the settlements first.

Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 01:19:21 PM »

I know the posters here who are advocating for the murder of Trump supporters or Republicans in general are mostly just #edgy spoiled kids, but make no mistake: There's enough trash out there that wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. These people are fine with torture and murder.

Meanwhile your party is ready to take away millions of Americans' healthcare, which could result in 43,000 people killed per year.

But yes, we're the murderous ones.
I didn't know freedom = murder.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »

All left-wing violence is simply false-flag attacks by the Trump administration.

(Tee hee hee, see how easy it is to be in the opposition?)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 01:50:27 PM »

Post your selfies in the settlements first.
Wasn't going to post any selfies but I could consider uploading some of the pictures I've taken there.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 01:55:41 PM »

The alt-right could stop corrupting the Reaganite Right and we could go back to a better time. That would be a good way to solve that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2017, 10:55:10 AM »

I think the left-wing's campaign of violence and intimidation will result in the Alt-righters leaving their basements and taking to the streets. Angry, hateful young white male fascists are just as prone to throwing punches as young white male Bernie bros, as we will eventually witness soon enough when they try and shut down one event too many.

I don't think we're gonna see 1930s style Weimer era street rumbles. Just shouting matches, a few punches, maybe some shrill purple haired girl gets maced. That's about it. That is far, far, far too ugly by our standards. For a country supposedly filled with stupid and violent rubes, we don't really have any tradition of political violence whatsoever. I hope we keep it that way.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »

I think the left-wing's campaign of violence and intimidation will result in the Alt-righters leaving their basements and taking to the streets. Angry, hateful young white male fascists are just as prone to throwing punches as young white male Bernie bros, as we will eventually witness soon enough when they try and shut down one event too many.

I don't think we're gonna see 1930s style Weimer era street rumbles. Just shouting matches, a few punches, maybe some shrill purple haired girl gets maced. That's about it. That is far, far, far too ugly by our standards. For a country supposedly filled with stupid and violent rubes, we don't really have any tradition of political violence whatsoever. I hope we keep it that way.

Except when it was directed against African Americans.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2017, 11:29:38 AM »

We will have to see what it is after the WWIII and the following Civil War. Of course, those few of us who will still be around.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2017, 11:35:23 AM »

Left wing violence is not really a thing. Once again, EnglishPete appropriates the language of 1960s segregationists, which is mildly fascinating. About the only difference between his language and the segregationists is that they were rabidly anti-Communist (and painted the civil rights movement as Communist-oriented).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 03:43:05 PM »

Except when it was directed against African Americans.
I don't consider racial violence to be explicitly political. The KKK was not necessarily an arm of the old Southern Democrats. The rioting in Ferguson and Baltimore does was not necessarily the outgrowth of the BLM movement, etc.

When I called it political violence, I perhaps should've worded it as "partisan violence." This country does not have a history of Democrats and Republicans fighting one another violently in the streets.
EnglishPete

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2017, 03:50:20 PM »

Left wing violence is not really a thing.

The exact opposite of the truth. A quick search of the term AntiFa on Youtube would throw up numerous examples. So would reading the history of the Russian Revolution, the FARC, the Red Brigades, I could go on but you get the idea. In this very thread we see people advocating for left wing political activists to 'punch nazis' (whoever they might deem to be nazis today). What is that if not left wing violence?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »

The exact opposite of the truth. A quick search of the term AntiFa on Youtube would throw up numerous examples. So would reading the history of the Russian Revolution, the FARC, the Red Brigades, I could go on but you get the idea. In this very thread we see people advocating for left wing political activists to 'punch nazis' (whoever they might deem to be nazis today). What is that if not left wing violence?

After you Google AntiFa you should google Fascism and remember what we need those punches for.
EnglishPete

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »

After you Google AntiFa you should google Fascism and remember what we need those punches for.
Oh I get that you advocate the use of left wing violence. I was replying to someone who, as you see, said it doesn't exist. Frankly people like you are far more of a threat to public safety than any of the 'fascists' (whoever you might deem to have earned that label) you advocate attacking.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »

Anti-Fascism makes as much sense in the 21st century as anti-colonialism.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 06:52:18 PM »

Anti-Fascism makes as much sense in the 21st century as anti-colonialism.

Both are so common sense that you'd think I wouldn't have to state my belief in them. Yet here we find ourselves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies