SE Right-to-Work Initiative Personal Services Amendment Initiative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:25:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SE Right-to-Work Initiative Personal Services Amendment Initiative
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SE Right-to-Work Initiative Personal Services Amendment Initiative  (Read 2093 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005, 01:57:55 PM »

There are quite a few public uses besides transportation and utilities that I can see the need for, such as to acquire land for correctional facilities, Regional Guard Armories, and many other types of government buildings.  I'd prefer the restrictions in subsection (A) be revised.  Also since the US Supreme Court decision you refer to never happened as far as Atlasia is concerned.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005, 02:17:18 PM »

There are quite a few public uses besides transportation and utilities that I can see the need for, such as to acquire land for correctional facilities, Regional Guard Armories, and many other types of government buildings.  I'd prefer the restrictions in subsection (A) be revised.
Can't prisons and armories be built on land the government buys on the open market?

But ok, I guess this might be a bit too restrictive.  How about land may be seized for any public purpose, and "higher use" in terms of economic impact is not a valid public purpose.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Really?  I thought Atlasia existed along side the US but didn't replace it.

Even if that never happened, though, this will nonetheless be an affirmation of property rights.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2005, 03:12:27 PM »

There are quite a few public uses besides transportation and utilities that I can see the need for, such as to acquire land for correctional facilities, Regional Guard Armories, and many other types of government buildings.  I'd prefer the restrictions in subsection (A) be revised.
Can't prisons and armories be built on land the government buys on the open market?

But ok, I guess this might be a bit too restrictive.  How about land may be seized for any public purpose, and "higher use" in terms of economic impact is not a valid public purpose.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Really?  I thought Atlasia existed along side the US but didn't replace it.

Even if that never happened, though, this will nonetheless be an affirmation of property rights.

Technically, according to what I've been told, when Atlasia was formed it took all prior US law, statute and court rulings from every day before that, but took no US law, statute or court rulings after that date.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2005, 09:29:07 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2005, 09:31:01 PM by Jake »

I sign Q's initiative and introduce Initiative #58

A Regional Ban on Euthanasia Initiative

Section One:

a) For the purposes of this initiative, euthanasia shall be defined as the direct termination of a life for any reason other than execution.

b) For the purposes of this initiative, suicide shall be defined as the act of a person taking their own life without outside influence.

c) For the purposes of this initiative, medical practitioner shall be defined as any licensed medical doctor who practices medicine in the Southeastern Region and is licensed to do the same.

d) For the purposes of this initiative, assisted suicide is defined as the act of a person taking their own life with the indirect support of a medical practitioner. This definition shall not be construed to include suicide as earlier defined.

e) For the purposes of this initiative, execution shall be defined as an action taken directly by the Southeastern Region to destroy the life of a convict convicted of a capital crime.

Section Two:

a) Assisted Suicide is hereby illegalized in the Southeastern Region.

b) Euthanasia is hereby illegalized in the Southeastern Region.

Section Three:

a) The Southeastern Region shall assemble a commission of thirteen medical practitioners nominated by the Governor to study the effects of legalizing euthanasia and assisted suicide.

b) The above commission shall prepare a report detailing their findings and deliver it to the Governor within one year of the approval of this initiative.

X Jake
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 10:54:26 PM »

X Sam Spade
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 11:43:36 PM »

I sign the Affirming Property Rights and Regional Ban on Euthanasia initiatives

x Ebowed
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2005, 01:05:55 PM »

I should add that my sig counts for both initiatives 57 & 58.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2005, 02:54:14 PM by Q »

I will be introducing an initiative or two for the September referendum reagarding the Executive Branch of the Southeast.  I will write the language of these initiatives such that any change that increases the responsibilities of any incumbent will not go into effect until an election for that position (either general or special) shall have intervened.

Regardless of what position I hold starting next week, I would like to work with the Governor elected this weekend, whoever he may be, to clarify some aspects of the Southeastern Constitution to reflect the changed reality of our region since the Constitution was ratified.

And x on Jake's initiative.  While I would support a right to euthanasia as a component of my firm belief in individual sovereignty, I believe that a restriction on the practice would be better than an unregulated 'mercy'-killing free-for-all that lacks clear definitions and could lead to homicide in the name of euthanasia.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies