Fremont Region - Office of the Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 07:59:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fremont Region - Office of the Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fremont Region - Office of the Governor  (Read 3156 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 06, 2017, 07:55:49 AM »

Several weeks of debate and involvement by such people as MArokai, Fritz, Alfeitch and Franzl could not produce a single payer bill that worked in 2009, and despite that it was passed 8-2 and remained for years. Passages even contradicted each other (kind of like the Fremont constitution).

I understand the desire for single payer care, but I as the Governor noted it is not something that can be rushed and I would add it is not the best way to reform healthcare in my view, though I am certainly in favor of allowing a region to select that option and my support for a healthcare bill that maintains the region's right to pursue such option remains. Perhaps naively so, it is my hope that such can indeed be passed nationally. That will provide greater funding from the federal level and a greater certainty that will enable all three regions to pursue policies that fit their region's needs.

I look forward to working with Secretary/Governor Truman in both his capacities on this issue and also with members of Congress from both parties.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:39:51 AM »

A balanced commons for a swing region. Fitting! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies