Colorado Republican congressman leaves his own town hall early
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:26:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Colorado Republican congressman leaves his own town hall early
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado Republican congressman leaves his own town hall early  (Read 1178 times)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:42:30 AM »

http://www.9news.com/news/congressman-coffman-leaves-frustrated-crowd/386167135

Interesting.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »

I guess that he couldn't handle the huge crowd.

The funny thing is that he is the first congressman that I've ever met. When a small congressional delegation came to the USS John C. Stennis during my first deployment, I got to meet him and he gave me one of his business cards and a thick metal coin with the United States House of Representatives logo on it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 12:17:59 PM »

Allen West made it clear that he was packing heat at his town halls. I went to almost all of them. They were brutal, ugly, nasty affairs for everyone unfortunately involved.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 12:32:51 PM »

I expect Democrats to give Republicans a taste of their own "Tea Party" medicine, if without some of the uglier stuff. (I suggest that we not shout obscenities, assault staff, or tell lies. I expect us Democrats to also be more witty and rational).

We should make political life rough for pols who believe that because we did not vote for them we no longer matter. 
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »

Cowardice at its finest. I still don't understand how he was able to run so far ahead of Trump in his district. He should be beatable in 2018 if Democrats are competent enough.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 12:36:09 PM »

I expect Democrats to give Republicans a taste of their own "Tea Party" medicine, if without some of the uglier stuff. (I suggest that we not shout obscenities, assault staff, or tell lies. I expect us Democrats to also be more witty and rational).

We should make political life rough for pols who believe that because we did not vote for them we no longer matter. 

There's no one to organize this.  A successful liberal tea party would have to be based on progressive values, because that is where the passion in the party lies. Bernie endorsed Schumer and allowed Cuomo to use him as a prop, so he's not exactly leading the charge.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 01:39:12 PM »

Cowardice at its finest. I still don't understand how he was able to run so far ahead of Trump in his district. He should be beatable in 2018 if Democrats are competent enough.

Yes, I think that if he continues to have incidents like this, he will go down. Same goes for any other headstrong republicans.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 03:35:20 PM »

There's no one to organize this.  A successful liberal tea party would have to be based on progressive values, because that is where the passion in the party lies. Bernie endorsed Schumer and allowed Cuomo to use him as a prop, so he's not exactly leading the charge.
Excuse me but the "tea party" didn't really purge any GOP heads minus Cantor so why should dems? Plus Chuck is a fine liberal and a great senator what's with the hate?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 03:38:56 PM »

You'll be smug and silly, and the crowds of pro-Trump olds will scare you guys out the door; well, thats the most likely scenario. The second most likely is crowds of frightfully angry white male young Democrats coming in and turning the place into the Nevada caucuses or Chicago all over again.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 03:50:13 PM »

Excuse me but the "tea party" didn't really purge any GOP heads minus Cantor so why should dems? Plus Chuck is a fine liberal and a great senator what's with the hate?

Chuck isn't a liberal, he's a corporate whore and warmonger. Third way trash is ruining the party.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »

Isn't this the bum who before the election was saying "I don't care about Trump" and after the election was seen wearing a "Make America great again" baseball hat?
This clown's political career isn't going to last long.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 07:32:30 PM »

I can't wait. This summer is going to be a reverse of 2009.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »

They weren't being nice.  I would have left too.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:25 PM »

That's why I thought that this was interesting...a possible harbringer of things to come.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 08:59:37 PM »

That's why I thought that this was interesting...a possible harbringer of things to come.
I've waited for this summer...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies