Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:20:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 114736 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: March 17, 2017, 10:58:45 AM »

My mom vaguely threatened to kick me out of the house if I were a Republican - I mean, thankfully I'm not but it still makes me sort of uncomfortable.
Technically, as you're not voting age, it is impossible for you to be a Republican.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #651 on: March 17, 2017, 11:20:39 AM »

My mom vaguely threatened to kick me out of the house if I were a Republican - I mean, thankfully I'm not but it still makes me sort of uncomfortable.
Technically, as you're not voting age, it is impossible for you to be a Republican.

"Technically" I'm "unenrolled." Nobody uses political terms "technically."
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #652 on: March 17, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »

@Peebs: Sorry your parents are being terrible. Sad
I know I've complained in a similar fashion before, but considering other possibilities with other parents, I consider them as being mediocre at worst, and slowly becoming less so.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #653 on: March 17, 2017, 11:25:31 AM »

"Technically" I'm "unenrolled." Nobody uses political terms "technically."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_A._Clarke_Jr.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #654 on: March 17, 2017, 12:34:29 PM »

My mom threatened to kick me out when she found out I registered as a Democrat. The horribleness goes both ways.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #655 on: March 17, 2017, 01:16:19 PM »

@Peebs: Sorry your parents are being terrible. Sad
I know I've complained in a similar fashion before, but considering other possibilities with other parents, I consider them as being mediocre at worst, and slowly becoming less so.

That's why I said "They're being terrible" since I haven't heard enough to know whether they're terrible in general. You have every right to be upset about this though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #656 on: March 17, 2017, 01:53:03 PM »

My mom threatened to kick me out when she found out I registered as a Democrat. The horribleness goes both ways.

...what the actual f**k is wrong with this country?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #657 on: March 17, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »

...what the actual f**k is wrong with this country?

To be fair, I don't think she was serious but she wasn't exactly the happiest person when she found out.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #658 on: March 17, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »

Made the mistake of trying to walk home when my bus was late. Wound up arriving 10 minutes later than I would have had I waited for the bus.
That's why I said "They're being terrible" since I haven't heard enough to know whether they're terrible in general. You have every right to be upset about this though.
Fair enough. Although, I don't even feel upset per se. More mildly annoyed than anything else. Now, if I made more of an effort to enforce my gender and they still didn't make an effort to comply with it, then I'd be upset.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #659 on: March 17, 2017, 02:58:09 PM »

Made the mistake of trying to walk home when my bus was late. Wound up arriving 10 minutes later than I would have had I waited for the bus.

As long as the weather is nice and I'm not in a rush to get home (which, admittedly, I usually am), I'm OK taking longer to get home if I can walk instead of sitting on a bus. Buses are hell.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #660 on: March 17, 2017, 03:03:30 PM »

As long as the weather is nice and I'm not in a rush to get home (which, admittedly, I usually am), I'm OK taking longer to get home if I can walk instead of sitting on a bus. Buses are hell.
My bus is usually okay, I just felt as if I was Marshall vs. the Machines for some reason.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #661 on: March 17, 2017, 10:55:37 PM »

Fair enough. Although, I don't even feel upset per se. More mildly annoyed than anything else. Now, if I made more of an effort to enforce my gender and they still didn't make an effort to comply with it, then I'd be upset.

Good that you're taking it well I guess.

...I'm trying to decide whether or not to start posting on AAD. On the one hand it's kind of terrible in some ways, but on the other hand the political discussion quality there is generally better than Atlas.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #662 on: March 18, 2017, 01:44:08 AM »

Thank y'all for your extremely supportive comments.... (Sarcasm run 100%).

Got the job offer, but will be running Day shift while my Wife works Nights, meaning we won't see each other at all 3 days out of the week....

Plus side, at least it should help us get the housing scene situated, since now we have a combined income that will make it easier to get accepted for housing, since landlord run metrics of income vs housing in this area, in what is a very blue-collar and working class city in Oregon, where gentrification has run crazy over the past three years.

It was only three years ago that people could rent a three bedroom house or 2 bedrom duplex/townhouse for $550-600/Month in Albany, and the prices have now doubled within that time period.

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #663 on: March 18, 2017, 07:32:23 AM »

...I'm trying to decide whether or not to start posting on AAD. On the one hand it's kind of terrible in some ways, but on the other hand the political discussion quality there is generally better than Atlas.

Oh, you totally should. It's much better for actual political discussion.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #664 on: March 18, 2017, 12:36:11 PM »

Got the job offer, but will be running Day shift while my Wife works Nights, meaning we won't see each other at all 3 days out of the week....

Plus side, at least it should help us get the housing scene situated, since now we have a combined income that will make it easier to get accepted for housing, since landlord run metrics of income vs housing in this area, in what is a very blue-collar and working class city in Oregon, where gentrification has run crazy over the past three years.

It was only three years ago that people could rent a three bedroom house or 2 bedrom duplex/townhouse for $550-600/Month in Albany, and the prices have now doubled within that time period.

Congrats NOVA. It's a shame it ever had to get to that point, but I'm glad you're getting back on your feet now. I do hope your ability to post long, detailed views of regional politics will not be affected tho Tongue
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #665 on: March 18, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »

After years of saving on a grad student salary and planning ahead, I finally got my first car, a new Subaru SUV. It feels great. I'm going on a road trip next week. Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #666 on: March 18, 2017, 01:12:39 PM »

I think my thesis presentation (just a very abbreviated version of my thesis that I can deliver like a speech--I hate Powerpoints and I assume something will go very wrong if I use them) is almost done, but I am simply unable to think today. Going to try again later today, but I think this'll be waiting until tomorrow. Going to try to squeeze in some grammatical revisions and then next week will be preparing for Friday. I have this, five final papers, and two exams separating me from a bachelors degree.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #667 on: March 18, 2017, 11:45:38 PM »

I'm coming to the realization that living alone might not be emotionally sustainable for me in the long run.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #668 on: March 18, 2017, 11:46:34 PM »

I'm coming to the realization that living alone might not be emotionally sustainable for me in the long run.

It isn't for most.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #669 on: March 18, 2017, 11:48:55 PM »

It isn't for most.

Well, yeah. I guess what I'm realizing is that the "long run" is shorter than I expected.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #670 on: March 18, 2017, 11:52:42 PM »

Congrats NOVA. It's a shame it ever had to get to that point, but I'm glad you're getting back on your feet now. I do hope your ability to post long, detailed views of regional politics will not be affected tho Tongue

Thanks Virginia!

It might cut into my ability, because I will simply have much less time on my hands, and additionally not seeing my spouse at all for 3/7 days of the week, means that time that we do have will likely decrease my presence on the Forum, and less time to crunch precinct level data and swings in Oregon, as well as some other contributions regarding how upper-income voters swung in '16 and items of that nature.

If anything, it might help me post shorten my posts a bit to make them more accessible, and I still need to complete the Oregon '16 GE thread, since I am still missing updates on a few counties in the state. Wink

No worries, I'll still be around and try to add value to the Forum with some of the number crunching and legwork of precinct level returns, census data, and the like to try to contribute relevant data on some of the subthreads. Smiley
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #671 on: March 19, 2017, 12:33:59 AM »

After years of saving on a grad student salary and planning ahead, I finally got my first car, a new Subaru SUV. It feels great. I'm going on a road trip next week. Smiley

Congrats!

Where you headed, if you don't mind my asking?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #672 on: March 19, 2017, 09:16:04 AM »

Congrats!

Where you headed, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks! I have no idea yet. I wanted to go to CO, but that might be too far away for the 3 days I have available, so maybe some place closer.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #673 on: March 19, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »

Further update: Made a joke about NC-GOV, which led to my mom saying that "no group has more fuckasses than others" and explaining her force of habit of referring me by my birth name. Apparently, the old man is apathetic on the issue.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #674 on: March 19, 2017, 04:42:16 PM »

Have I ever said how much I hate the alt-right?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies