Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:12:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018  (Read 83396 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: December 18, 2017, 06:12:47 PM »

Common sense and fascism, too.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:27:13 PM »

We'll settle on dictatorship cheerleader, then?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »

We'll settle on dictatorship cheerleader, then?

Being a dictatorship cheerleader has a different connotation in a country where there actually was a dictatorship, compared to in an established Western democracy, where the idea of a dictatorship is seen as extraordinary and insane.

Brazil was under a dictatorship in living memory. That dictatorship would not have been able to maintain itself if it had been opposed by 99% of the population. Many people supported it and they still deserve a voice now that Brazil is a democracy.

I would also say that in the extremely unlikely but not completely impossible event a dictatorship or quasi-dictatorship ever developed in the Untied States, you can be sure at least half the population, who currently find democracy non-negotiable, would come to at least tacitly support it.

I speak not just of Republicans supporting a "Trump dictatorship" (if you believe one already exists or if a real one were to develop) but also of Democrats supporting a potential deep state coup.

As the deep state doesn't exist, it cannot do a coup.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 04:32:07 PM »

Isn't he also being investigated in the Lava Jato case?

He's not left-wing, so the corrupt courts will let him off the hook.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »

Isn't he also being investigated in the Lava Jato case?

He's not left-wing, so the corrupt courts will let him off the hook.

I don't know... from what i googled about him, his cases are still in court and, who knows, he could also be barred from running.

They'll still be in court until the election.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 07:49:24 PM »

Hopefully the left is arming itself to be able to counter-coup once the army install Bolsanaro.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 05:18:38 PM »

RIP Brazilian Democracy.

Hopefully, the left takes weapons and remove corrupt Temer, corrupt generals and corrupt judges.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »

I've heard some small fireworks here where I live, but I'm not sure if they are because of Lula's prison. It's been confirmed that fireworks were lighted because of Lula's prison in some cities like Belo Horizonte, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Curitiba.

RIP Brazilian Democracy.

Hopefully, the left takes weapons and remove corrupt Temer, corrupt generals and corrupt judges.

So jailing corrupt people is against democracy?

Why Temer is not in jail then?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »

I've heard some small fireworks here where I live, but I'm not sure if they are because of Lula's prison. It's been confirmed that fireworks were lighted because of Lula's prison in some cities like Belo Horizonte, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Curitiba.

RIP Brazilian Democracy.

Because Brazil's law sucks and because of this he has legal immunity because he is the president, but he should be in jail, and not only him but most Brazilian politicians.

No, he's not going to jail, because the judges are corrupted by right-wing money.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »

RIP Brazilian Democracy.

Because Brazil's law sucks and because of this he has legal immunity because he is the president, but he should be in jail, and not only him but most Brazilian politicians.

No, he's not going to jail, because the judges are corrupted by right-wing money.

Like Lewandowski and Toffoli? No, they're left wing, there are many left wing judges in Brazil too. Right wing politicians and politicians who aren't from parties like PT and PSOL are also jailed, remember Eduardo Cunha? Geddel? Sergio Cabral? Argôlo? And I'd like to remember that Moro condemned lobbyists linked to PMDB

I agree, Temer is probably not going to jail after his term ends, STF would likely save him (but I don't rule out anything, specially coming from the STF), but we shouldn't be saying that "democracy is destroyed" because one corrupt man was jailed, regardless of his political positions, every step to less corruption should be celebrated, specially in a country like Brazil.

If the most free market, libertarian politician in the country was jailed because of corruption, I'd still be happy and not saying that democracy was destroyed, because it's a step to less corruption and the left should do this too when a left wing corrupt guy is jailed.

But if you add the Army murdering left-wing politicians and the illegimate impeachment...
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 02:11:35 PM »

Judge Rogerio Favretto, on duty for TRF-4, ordered release of presidential candidate, former presidente Luis Inácio Lula da Silva (PT).

Judge Sergio Moro just said Favreto can't release Lula and called him "absolutely incompetent", he also suspended Lula's release ordered by Rogerio.

Apparently Favreto was a member of PT for 20 years before becoming a judge and worked for the former Rio Grande do Sul governor Tarso Genro, who is also a member of PT.

Edit 1: Rogerio once again ordered Lula's release after Moro said no.

Edit 2: Judge João Pedro Gebran, decided that Lula should remain in jail.

At last, someone tries to stand against ultra-corrupt Moro(n).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 09:23:16 PM »

please, can somebody explain me why vote fore brazilian senate explode in 2018 ?

I thought first it was a particularity of brazilian senate, so, I expected to find the same weird numbers in 2014, but no. 2014 senate vote was normal.

Those numbers came from the very official TSE.

Is it possible than it is a human error, thus, every people giving numbers about brazil's 2018 senate election use the same wrong source ?

Or is there a new electoral law just put in place for this 2018 senate election ?

Every state has 3 seats, 1 was up in 2014, 2 in 2018.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies