A statement on recent events
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:58:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A statement on recent events
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A statement on recent events  (Read 1917 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2022, 07:12:31 AM »

Attacking my religious views makes you a bigot.

META: Unfortunately, religious freedom only applies to non-Christians in the minds of an increasing number of folks in this country.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2022, 12:44:36 PM »

For the record I will say the "real life issues" that prevented me from doing a competent prosecution were sheer lazyness and loss of interest Tongue (I'd say last summer was when I gradually started losing interest on Atlasia). There was a period of about 1 week where I was genuinely unable to do stuff since I was on vacation and I do recall some issues with exactly how we could have been able to present the evicence or not; but that's it. I was algo genuinely busy with my life starting in mid-September since that's when I moved to Madrid irl, but that still would have left me with 2 full months to do a competent prosecution.

I believe I apologized to the people involved on private for my sheer incompetence and I will issue an apology again to the people involved (they know who they are). The fact LT is "walking on the street" is on me and my own incompetence alone and I suppose one of the biggest regrets of my time here that I was unable to give him at lest some semblance of punishment. Not like that justifies the coup attempts.

Unrelated to all of this, I did not expect S019 of all people to be the one pulling a huge angry post. S019's changes in his time in the site are huge and mostly for the better tbh.

The other thing is, had LT been convicted, the sanctions would be a ban on holding office/a ban on voting for a set time. Eventually these would have expired.

Xahar hacked someone's Atlas account. He incurred a voting ban for I think 6 months and then 9  month office ban. The incident was in December 2008, and by October 2009, he was elected Southern Governor.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2022, 06:03:44 PM »

I apologize for continuing to allow this game to exist

This is the exact same hubris that was written all over the logs and was likewise present in 2015. This attitude of self-righteousness, hubris and quite frankly disdain for other people, that makes a certain group every so often, elect themselves lord high executioner with the mission to destroy the game.

I think, after being on the receiving end of three of these very similar situations with this same attitude manifested, it is reasonable of me to ask why this mindset develops?

I literally said it'd be an act of protest, and it'd be up to people to decide whether to take a stand or not, this comment has no connection to the events recently and is being taken out of context.

What I do not apologize to the people for is for educating them on the actual truth about the opposition and not letting them be easily influenced by this controversy. I am proud to be giving people the full story here and letting them judge for themselves.

Right because Tack (who first prosectuted LT), Scott (Whose issues with LT are famous), WB (likewise), WxTransit (Likewise), and so on and such forth, did all they have the past month, because they just love LT so much?

Press X to doubt.

You guys screwed up, 1/6 style denialism, and whataboutery befitting a Republican Congressman, ain't gonna change that fact.

The other thing is and since you are so concerned about getting the full story. The strategy was to goad LT to the point that his ego made him become the face of the opposition, thus ensuring that the plot would succeed because a unified opposition could not form.

Fortunately LT did the smart thing, and for the most part, kept his mouth shut and that was the first big setback for the plotters.

You keep saying "you guys," as if this was my idea or that I was a part of it, but I was not. These are simply alternative facts being pushed, all I am voicing is my discontent at the fact that LT is allowed to get away scot free and that incident is barely being discussed.

What court? Trying this while letting LT off scot free would be utterly ridiculous.

You know what, screw it. I am going to go there.

What I want to know is how it can became the general narrative in the Labor discords of the world, that LT getting off with a DoJ run by Dirty Fing Harry himself and a Supreme Court 4-1 Labor aligned was anything other than the result sheer rank incompetence on the part of Labor somewhere (Due note I am not attacking Tack here, he had RL stuff and frankly real life should trump the game).

The only real delay on LT's side was inability to find an attorney. People (Jambles) presumed I could, should and thus would be so but I had conflicts in game and RL obligations likewise that had to come first. Regardless of how much you despise LT, he still has a right to counsel in a trial under the law, not that you care much about that sort of thing. Even so it was not the result of any delaying actions on LT's side that the first attempt failed, it was because Tack wasn't able to continue.

His replacement, whose incompetence should by now not be in a doubt in anyone's mind, blew a whole month working on a meme secessionist effort in the Northeast before deciding, "let's try LT again".

If there wasn't such rampant hubris and narcissism going around Labor discords, their should have been an acknowledgement that it was a screw up. Instead, Crane went after Windjammer in a rather embarrassing episode and you guys peddled this "obstruction" angle, which is not what happened and if it did, a competent prosecution would have dealt with it.

What you are saying is, the Truman wing of Labor screws up and the game has to die at the hands of Truman's crew because of it? That because your crew couldn't successfully carry out a prosecution, you have immunity for all future crimes?

Again you keep saying "my crew," as if I'm part of this, when I wasn't, and I had no knowledge of those private chats until the rest of you did. I can't really respond to alternative facts, so I can't say much more here. Also anyone actually in Labor discords knows that hubris is the exact opposite of what goes on there.

Let's just start with the fact that LouisvilleThunder, as is well known by now, doxxed someone. It should be noted that the TOS forbids transmitting information that is "invasive of another's privacy." While this is such a broad term, it can be safely presumed that doxxing falls within this category. So, now you may enquire what has been done about such a blatant violation of the TOS by such a prominent political official. Well I regret to disappointment you by stating that no action has been taken none. Also with the recent hardline desire to promote discussion of the current plot, any discussion of this event would be deemed non germane or so it seems. Not to mention, the consequences of this event are obviously far more severe than the consequences of the plot, the fact that we focus so much on the latter than the former is frankly an indictment of us as a society, but also on the individual level, as people.

Are you saying that the game should be responsible for TOS enforcement? You said in one breath that the forum administration (TOS) should be above the game and the next minute you are saying they should be mixed?

At least try to get your bs somewhat straight S019.

1. LT's TOS violation was an issue for the forum administration and it was addressed by the forum administration at that time. You may disagree with the severity of the sanction, but this is the wrong board for that.

Given that well the events happened within the context of Atlasia, an Atlasia sanction may also be appropriate.

The Game doesn't enforce the TOS.

2. The game internally has a law that prohibits doxxing. LT was prosecuted under that law (see my previous post).

Yes, and the case failed, but there is still the ability for the South or for the Federalist Party to sanction him, whether it be impeaching him as Governor or simply expelling him from the party. There are actions that you could've taken other than just the courts.

3. In case you guys are confused, I am a Moderator, not Modadmin, not Admin, just a moderator of a low traffic board. I am just a band-aide man at best. Someone posts information here on this board, I can delete it, edit it out etc (which I did Monday morning). But if it is not on my board (or offsite), that is beyond any power that I have. I offer my input on what should be done, others offer theirs, but I don't make the final decisions (I have a lot of respect for those who do, because someone will always be pissed now matter how you play it).

I generally put a lot of thought into what I delete and moderate and I ask YE's opinion frequently.

Again my issue is more that there are 5 different threads on this issue and we can't talk about other issues like fhtagn's bigotry.

4. YE as modadmin has moderator access to all boards and basically functions as a defacto co-mod for these boards since it is low traffic comparatively speaking and thus doesn't warrant a second dedicated one now a days.

Ok, that's fair.

5. The only things I have threatened to moderate in this situation are "spam/fake oaths" in the swearing in thread and I threatened to split a topic that was getting off task (without infraction).

When there are five other threads about the topic, I think discussion about other topics is an entirely valid issue, so I would not support this move.

I never claimed anything about "mod fascism," my complaints were with how the right wing has handled all of this. The closest thing that I claimed about "mod fascism" was the desire by some people such as Mr. Reactionary to overlook actual TOS violations and gleefully threaten witch hunts against those who got too carried away by Discord memeing.

You are not going to win a battle of words with Yankee, friend. Please cease.

I know, but the goal is sometimes to not win, it is simply to perform well enough.

kindly f--- off

Attacking my religious views makes you a bigot.

META: Unfortunately, religious freedom onl? applies to non-Christians in the minds of an increasing number of folks in this country.

Are you serious? Should we go and ask other Catholics like Harry as to whether or not Mussolini is in heaven?

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2022, 06:27:25 PM »

Again my issue is more that there are 5 different threads on this issue and we can't talk about other issues like fhtagn's bigotry.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2022, 07:05:08 PM »

Yes, and the case failed, but there is still the ability for the South or for the Federalist Party to sanction him, whether it be impeaching him as Governor or simply expelling him from the party. There are actions that you could've taken other than just the courts.

So your argument is that because the Federalists and the vast majority in the South have "a differential of legal interpretation of a particular event", you have immunity to violate Atlasian law as you desire?

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2022, 07:22:34 PM »

So your argument is that because the Federalists and the vast majority in the South have "a differential of legal interpretation of a particular event", you have immunity to violate Atlasian law as you desire?

It isn't a "different legal interpretation," it's a clear violation of privacy and it is far worse than anything that the people in the chats were planning, as once again it actually hurts the forum community, which should trump concerns about Atlasia. The argument is simply that is hypocritical to attack people accused of plotting while condoning what LT did and not calling for him to step down, given members of the right have called on those involved in those chats to resign. It frankly would send the wrong message, if LT is not punished first.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2022, 07:27:05 PM »

S019, as much as you say you were not involved, you just supported OBD's slate because you always vote Labor, whatever, the fact is:

1. You were a candidate designed to be part of the 14-15 Labor/NKT/RevCom Senate.
2. You created a thread designed to investigate "fraud" by the Federalist Party, and demanded certain users submit PMs to you, which would be a TOS violation for them to do (even if rarely enforced)
3. You created a poll designed to take focus off of the Kansas Crisis and onto supposed "fraud" that the Federalists were planning according to you.
4. As voting was beginning, you posted a "report" in which you detailed various grievances with  the Atlasian System and concluded that "adjustments" must be made to the result of the election - Oddly enough, Truman was apparently planning to do just that had things not leaked out the way they did.

I'll acknowledge that you're not in the leaks directly. But it is made clear that you started your "investigation" based on orders from those who were directly involved. So it's very hard to believe that [nearly] everything was concealed from you - particularly since your report suggested the very thing Truman was planning to do - probably an accidental admission rather than a strange coincidence. And it's also very clear that you have no objection to anything OBD, Truman, or whoever did or was planning to do.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2022, 07:35:28 PM »

S019, as much as you say you were not involved, you just supported OBD's slate because you always vote Labor, whatever, the fact is:

1. You were a candidate designed to be part of the 14-15 Labor/NKT/RevCom Senate.

I mean yes, I was there to represent the right wing of the labor movement. To reign in the excesses of policy that may be implemented without regard for the health of the modern economy, especially since if such a Senate was to occur, it'd likely pursue mass nationalization which would be disastrous for the economy and lead to a return of stagflation. I actually did privately voice concerns that we were running too many candidates, so I actually did not know what was going on, but I did run to represent the right wing of the labor movement and I would've served even in a 14-15 Senate for the above reason.

2. You created a thread designed to investigate "fraud" by the Federalist Party, and demanded certain users submit PMs to you, which would be a TOS violation for them to do (even if rarely enforced)

I mean I assumed that people would have a humor bone and recognize that that was all unserious and I went along with solely to motivate the opposition and hope that they could unite on a unifying message. It is actually sad when I have more coherent ideological arguments against the government than the opposition does. The opposition cannot continue to dwell on this if it wants to build off its success at the last election.

3. You created a poll designed to take focus off of the Kansas Crisis and onto supposed "fraud" that the Federalists were planning according to you.

See above.

4. As voting was beginning, you posted a "report" in which you detailed various grievances with  the Atlasian System and concluded that "adjustments" must be made to the result of the election - Oddly enough, Truman was apparently planning to do just that had things not leaked out the way they did.

Again, see above. I was not at all aware of this plot.

I'll acknowledge that you're not in the leaks directly. But it is made clear that you started your "investigation" based on orders from those who were directly involved. So it's very hard to believe that [nearly] everything was concealed from you - particularly since your report suggested the very thing Truman was planning to do - probably an accidental admission rather than a strange coincidence. And it's also very clear that you have no objection to anything OBD, Truman, or whoever did or was planning to do.

Well it was, and if you don't believe that I don't know what to say. It seems all of this suspicion off of me knowing something is based on the fact that Atlasia in its current form is clearly unsustainable and no one is interested in making any sort of reforms.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2022, 07:54:34 PM »

I don't necessarily see the game as being in some sort of dire state. We had 18 candidates for At-Large with the write-ins. We had 9 candidates getting a vote or having a vote transfer to them for Lincoln General Court. We had at least 2 candidates in each subregional race - several  had three. The South also had several more candidates than seats to allocate, and 3 candidates for Governor. True, turnout leaves something to be desired among the registered voter base as a whole. But the people that are here are eager to serve the game.

With the plot having been exposed, we are formally impeaching Truman and OBD (disappearance and deregistration notwithstanding) to avoid them causing any additional damage. We are removing agents of OBD from the government. We are bringing back SoIA and reinstating the SOS and SoFE to take away the centralization of authority that had been in the possession of the AG. There are also talks of changing the relationship between the President and the SoFE, and talks of setting up more clear rules for impeachment trials. So we are pursuing reform where it is needed.

As far as I'm concerned, you were at least partially involved because you complied with orders to create that thread, which my impression from the leaks has been that that was going to become some sort of tool to justify Truman invalidating many Fed votes. Maybe you are just some sort of robotic person who does whatever Labor Leadership tells you to do, maybe you really did want to increase competition in the game, or maybe you were 'in on it'  and now your job is to damage control. The fact is, we don't know, and the correlation between your actions and what was actually being planned looks extraordinarily suspicious. It also looks extraordinarily suspicious that you are here devoting time to getting people to stop caring about this.

I hate and abhor everything LT has done, and I will never vote for him again. I'm sorry I voted for him Last June. But that does not provide justification for ignoring the clear attempt to destroy the game by OBD's cult.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2022, 08:49:45 PM »

I don't necessarily see the game as being in some sort of dire state. We had 18 candidates for At-Large with the write-ins. We had 9 candidates getting a vote or having a vote transfer to them for Lincoln General Court. We had at least 2 candidates in each subregional race - several  had three. The South also had several more candidates than seats to allocate, and 3 candidates for Governor. True, turnout leaves something to be desired among the registered voter base as a whole. But the people that are here are eager to serve the game.

With the plot having been exposed, we are formally impeaching Truman and OBD (disappearance and deregistration notwithstanding) to avoid them causing any additional damage. We are removing agents of OBD from the government. We are bringing back SoIA and reinstating the SOS and SoFE to take away the centralization of authority that had been in the possession of the AG. There are also talks of changing the relationship between the President and the SoFE, and talks of setting up more clear rules for impeachment trials. So we are pursuing reform where it is needed.

As far as I'm concerned, you were at least partially involved because you complied with orders to create that thread, which my impression from the leaks has been that that was going to become some sort of tool to justify Truman invalidating many Fed votes. Maybe you are just some sort of robotic person who does whatever Labor Leadership tells you to do, maybe you really did want to increase competition in the game, or maybe you were 'in on it'  and now your job is to damage control. The fact is, we don't know, and the correlation between your actions and what was actually being planned looks extraordinarily suspicious. It also looks extraordinarily suspicious that you are here devoting time to getting people to stop caring about this.

I hate and abhor everything LT has done, and I will never vote for him again. I'm sorry I voted for him Last June. But that does not provide justification for ignoring the clear attempt to destroy the game by OBD's cult.

I once heard a circuit court judge state "you cant argue you cant be convicted for selling drugs just because you know another drug dealer across town whos not in custody".
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2022, 11:54:18 PM »

Again, most of these people only ran because of the plot, otherwise we very well could've ended up with a candidate shortage again.

Bringing back the SoIA is going to contribute to office surplus. You get too many offices, not enough competitive elections, and we already have too many offices, as you can see with random zombies taking up most positions in regional legislatures.

I think you're a good and well meaning person, but this comment is just entirely ignorant and I can't say it any nicer.

No, it does not. But what it does justify is going after LT for his far more serious offense before going after anyone for involvement in this.

I once heard a circuit court judge state "you cant argue you cant be convicted for selling drugs just because you know another drug dealer across town whos not in custody".

Why do you think literally anyone cares what you think? You have no leg to stand on here.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2022, 11:57:06 PM »

Why do you think literally anyone cares what you think? You have no leg to stand on here.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2022, 12:15:49 AM »

Bringing back the SoIA is going to contribute to office surplus. You get too many offices, not enough competitive elections, and we already have too many offices, as you can see with random zombies taking up most positions in regional legislatures.

SoIA is one of the offices that least endangers officer surplus with the dual office holding allowance and the semi-Presidentialism concept where it can be drawn from a member of the Senate.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2022, 12:28:19 AM »

LMAO!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2022, 12:39:03 AM »

So apparently you have to be what, a major presence in the game to be elected to a regional legislature, under your rules? Regional Legislatures are often how people get started in this game. There has to be a beginning office, so to speak, and it has to be something relatively low-key that party leadership won't much care about if something goes terribly wrong. While newbies do sometimes end up in the federal government, that's a high risk environment and also sort of forces all the varying elements of the game onto them all at once. The regional legislature is the smaller, simpler, low risk environment that is meant for new players to 'get their feet wet'.

Further, your point sort of falls flat when you look at who we just elected.

Lincoln:

ReaganClinton - has been in the game for years
Koopa - has been in the game for years
Adam Griffin - has been in the game for years, literally was President
Pink Panther - longtime voter looking to get into office - again, the regional legislature is where you do it, and there are no signs he will be inactive.
Zenobiyl - Okay, sure, he just got here, has no history, etc. etc. I get it. But he clearly has some interest given he ran in two elections held just two weeks apart, and so far he is showing up.

So only 2/5 (broadly speaking) classify as "random zombies", and neither has shown any signs of "inactivity".

South:

Reagente - been in the game for years
Ulmer - been in the game for years
Spark - been in the game for years
Tim - been in the game for years
Fhtagn - been in the game for years, literally was President

Don't see any random zombies here.

Fremont (last election in February):

ASV - been in the game for years
Battista Minola - been in the game for years, literally was VP
Peebs - literally one of the main people keeping this going.

So your random zombies argument falls flat when you look at who is actually winning, and even if there were random zombies, regional legislatures are where we are supposed to give people a fair chance to succeed. They're not really supposed to be stocked with Olds.

Further, we don't really have an office surplus. We had plenty of candidates this election, in February, in December, ....  - and plus, two regions adjust their legislatures according to interest anyways. The third is only fixed because it's gerrymandered.

On the SoIA, yes it does create what is somewhat of a vanity office, but quite frankly, maybe that's what we need. This whole plot happened in part because so much power was placed on the office of the Attorney General. We must take action to limit the level of power there, even if it might not create day to day activity.

I think you're a good and well meaning person, but this comment is just entirely ignorant and I can't say it any nicer.

I've read the leaks in their entirety (have you?). I also got awkwardly included in a conversation Sunday night when Truman left every discord group ever when things got leaked. I also was PMed things. I wouldn't say I was deeply involved in the opposition, but especially now, I understand the core of what was going on. I will say there are things that argue in your favor, in terms of not being directly involved - early in the leaks, there is some general mocking of you, and that long effortpost you made about this being some plot to make the right win received a good laugh and a response of "No" to "Does S019 know what is going on?". BUT, then there is clear agreement that you should be employed to conduct a "prosecution" of fraud, a statement that you are willingly awaiting orders, and proof that Truman was dming you.....but it's unclear how much you were dmed. What did Truman communicate to you in that conversation, or later? Who knows. What we do know is that you conducted your investigation at his orders, and provided a conclusion that would have served him well, had things not leaked. And now you're here trying to make us look away from it all.

Are you merely a servant, who takes orders, because "Well, I'm a Laborite, I do whatever Leadership tells me, regardless of the merits." whose conclusion happened to accidentally align with Truman, or, were you eventually in on it all, once you were employed to create that thread? It's a question that Atlasians will continue to ponder for generations.

No, it does not. But what it does justify is going after LT for his far more serious offense before going after anyone for involvement in this.

Unfortunately, LT has effectively won his innocence via the courts. The game does not control his forum sanctions, however light they may be. For whatever reason, Federalists are unwilling to excommunicate him [probably because the cost in loss of voters would be too great given their already perilous position in the game]. The situation is such that all routes to punish LT have simply been exhausted. He will always be a free man. There's nothing to be done at this point, aside from always voting against him.

So, the prudent thing is to focus on what can be accomplished. And that is what is happening now.

Mr. Reactionary provided key actions to save the game. Meanwhile you, at best, acted as a servant to its destruction, and at worst, were in on the act. And now you're here, trying to make us all look away.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2022, 09:14:10 PM »

Hey S019, you should post a picture in this thread. That would be funny I think
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2022, 12:49:35 AM »

In a parallel universe some version of S019 is arguing that nobody should try the 1/6 rioters until we bring every U.S. citizen who committed a crime overseas to stand trial within the country.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2022, 03:39:35 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2022, 03:46:06 PM by S019 »

SoIA is one of the offices that least endangers officer surplus with the dual office holding allowance and the semi-Presidentialism concept where it can be drawn from a member of the Senate.

The whole point is that it's a useless office that serves no purpose. Also the post below will this will actually illustrate my point, so let's go over this.

So apparently you have to be what, a major presence in the game to be elected to a regional legislature, under your rules? Regional Legislatures are often how people get started in this game. There has to be a beginning office, so to speak, and it has to be something relatively low-key that party leadership won't much care about if something goes terribly wrong. While newbies do sometimes end up in the federal government, that's a high risk environment and also sort of forces all the varying elements of the game onto them all at once. The regional legislature is the smaller, simpler, low risk environment that is meant for new players to 'get their feet wet'.

There should be a beginning office yes, but the problem is it's now becoming a place to stuff old has-beens, or at least those that aren't being stuffed in Congress.

Lincoln:

Pink Panther - longtime voter looking to get into office - again, the regional legislature is where you do it, and there are no signs he will be inactive.
Zenobiyl - Okay, sure, he just got here, has no history, etc. etc. I get it. But he clearly has some interest given he ran in two elections held just two weeks apart, and so far he is showing up.

So only 2/5 (broadly speaking) classify as "random zombies", and neither has shown any signs of "inactivity".

Adam Griffin had not been active for a long time before this recent period, I remember prolonged bouts of inactivity from ReaganClinton too. To continue on the note of Lincoln specifically, even a bill to implement martial law had barely any debate. Even if these people aren't exactly zombies, they behave as zombie legislators, which is what matters.

South:

Ulmer basically behaves as a zombie while in the legislature and is basically the epitome of a zombie legislator. Fhtagn is nowhere near as active as she was in times past, and again, it's another example of stuffing old has-beens into regional legislatures due to a lack of talent. Spark+reagente, I will concede as recently active players, even if they're the type of people who'd be pushed into higher office if we had more players.

Ah yes, the region which is like an hour away from banning men, what a compelling argument.

So your random zombies argument falls flat when you look at who is actually winning, and even if there were random zombies, regional legislatures are where we are supposed to give people a fair chance to succeed. They're not really supposed to be stocked with Olds.

Are you serious? Fhtagn, Griff, RC are all old players who had previously long been inactive who came back. Also the fact that there's only really two new players speaks to my point that there is an office surplus, which forces parties to bring back old players or just stuff random zombies into the position. In my opinion, the abolition of the regions is necessary to keep the game alive.

Further, we don't really have an office surplus. We had plenty of candidates this election, in February, in December, ....  - and plus, two regions adjust their legislatures according to interest anyways. The third is only fixed because it's gerrymandered.

We did not have plenty of candidates (at least on the regional level), in fact, I can remember several times in recent memory where Labor had to run paper candidates at the regional level to elect the right amount of people, since there was little interest.

On the SoIA, yes it does create what is somewhat of a vanity office, but quite frankly, maybe that's what we need. This whole plot happened in part because so much power was placed on the office of the Attorney General. We must take action to limit the level of power there, even if it might not create day to day activity.

No, the plot happened because people were bored, because the game feels stagnant. The elimination of superfluous offices would perhaps be the first (but not only) step towards a game that is once again engaging and alive.

As far as I'm concerned, you were at least partially involved because you complied with orders to create that thread, which my impression from the leaks has been that that was going to become some sort of tool to justify Truman invalidating many Fed votes. Maybe you are just some sort of robotic person who does whatever Labor Leadership tells you to do, maybe you really did want to increase competition in the game, or maybe you were 'in on it'  and now your job is to damage control. The fact is, we don't know, and the correlation between your actions and what was actually being planned looks extraordinarily suspicious. It also looks extraordinarily suspicious that you are here devoting time to getting people to stop caring about this.

I've read the leaks in their entirety (have you?). I also got awkwardly included in a conversation Sunday night when Truman left every discord group ever when things got leaked. I also was PMed things. I wouldn't say I was deeply involved in the opposition, but especially now, I understand the core of what was going on. I will say there are things that argue in your favor, in terms of not being directly involved - early in the leaks, there is some general mocking of you, and that long effortpost you made about this being some plot to make the right win received a good laugh and a response of "No" to "Does S019 know what is going on?". BUT, then there is clear agreement that you should be employed to conduct a "prosecution" of fraud, a statement that you are willingly awaiting orders, and proof that Truman was dming you.....but it's unclear how much you were dmed. What did Truman communicate to you in that conversation, or later? Who knows. What we do know is that you conducted your investigation at his orders, and provided a conclusion that would have served him well, had things not leaked. And now you're here trying to make us look away from it all.

Again, I've stated before why I went along with it, to the extent that I did, so we shan't dwell on that anymore. I think looking at the what and the how of the plot is missing the forest for the trees, prosecuting everyone involved and creating extra offices isn't going to stop another group of bored people from doing this again. Only one thing will: a total overhaul of the game. You need to have a conversation about how to change the game and something truly radical is needed, I don't know what that is, but I know that the creation of extra offices is a step in the wrong direction.

Are you merely a servant, who takes orders, because "Well, I'm a Laborite, I do whatever Leadership tells me, regardless of the merits." whose conclusion happened to accidentally align with Truman, or, were you eventually in on it all, once you were employed to create that thread? It's a question that Atlasians will continue to ponder for generations.

I was not employed to do anything, I do not take orders from the Labor Party. I am not a member of the Labor Party, I am a member of the glorious Parti Socialiste, please get your facts straight next time.

Unfortunately, LT has effectively won his innocence via the courts. The game does not control his forum sanctions, however light they may be. For whatever reason, Federalists are unwilling to excommunicate him [probably because the cost in loss of voters would be too great given their already perilous position in the game]. The situation is such that all routes to punish LT have simply been exhausted. He will always be a free man. There's nothing to be done at this point, aside from always voting against him.

All routes to punish are not exhausted though, to begin with, you can vote against everyone who stands by LT to punish his supporters. But that is not all, you could also try the case again in court. You could also take the most radical step of all, quit the game in protest, until something is done. Defeatism is never the answer, there is always something that can be done, to say otherwise is delusional.

So, the prudent thing is to focus on what can be accomplished. And that is what is happening now.

So punishing a few people who were bored? That really sends the wrong message when as I said above there are other things you can do.

I don't necessarily see the game as being in some sort of dire state. We had 18 candidates for At-Large with the write-ins. We had 9 candidates getting a vote or having a vote transfer to them for Lincoln General Court. We had at least 2 candidates in each subregional race - several  had three. The South also had several more candidates than seats to allocate, and 3 candidates for Governor. True, turnout leaves something to be desired among the registered voter base as a whole. But the people that are here are eager to serve the game.

As far as I'm concerned, you were at least partially involved because you complied with orders to create that thread, which my impression from the leaks has been that that was going to become some sort of tool to justify Truman invalidating many Fed votes. Maybe you are just some sort of robotic person who does whatever Labor Leadership tells you to do, maybe you really did want to increase competition in the game, or maybe you were 'in on it'  and now your job is to damage control. The fact is, we don't know, and the correlation between your actions and what was actually being planned looks extraordinarily suspicious. It also looks extraordinarily suspicious that you are here devoting time to getting people to stop caring about this.

Mr. Reactionary provided key actions to save the game. Meanwhile you, at best, acted as a servant to its destruction, and at worst, were in on the act. And now you're here, trying to make us all look away.

Oh how wonderful, great to know that I can be excused for being extremely bigoted if I can save Atlasia! This is really a wonderful message to be sending!

In a parallel universe some version of S019 is arguing that nobody should try the 1/6 rioters until we bring every U.S. citizen who committed a crime overseas to stand trial within the country.

This is an incredibly lame straw man and cheap attempt at bait that is not worth a substantial reply.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2022, 03:57:07 PM »

The whole point is that it's a useless office that serves no purpose. Also the post below will this will actually illustrate my point, so let's go over this.

There should be a beginning office yes, but the problem is it's now becoming a place to stuff old has-beens, or at least those that aren't being stuffed in Congress.

Lincoln:

Adam Griffin had not been active for a long time before this recent period, I remember prolonged bouts of inactivity from ReaganClinton too. To continue on the note of Lincoln specifically, even a bill to implement martial law had barely any debate. Even if these people aren't exactly zombies, they behave as zombie legislators, which is what matters.

South:

Ulmer basically behaves as a zombie while in the legislature and is basically the epitome of a zombie legislator. Fhtagn is nowhere near as active as she was in times past, and again, it's another example of stuffing old has-beens into regional legislatures due to a lack of talent. Spark+reagente, I will concede as recently active players, even if they're the type of people who'd be pushed into higher office if we had more players.

Ah yes, the region which is like an hour away from banning men, what a compelling argument.

Are you serious? Fhtagn, Griff, RC are all old players who had previously long been inactive who came back. Also the fact that there's only really two new players speaks to my point that there is an office surplus, which forces parties to bring back old players or just stuff random zombies into the position. In my opinion, the abolition of the regions is necessary to keep the game alive.

Further, we don't really have an office surplus. We had plenty of candidates this election, in February, in December, ....  - and plus, two regions adjust their legislatures according to interest anyways. The third is only fixed because it's gerrymandered.

We did not have plenty of candidates (at least on the regional level), in fact, I can remember several times in recent memory where Labor had to run paper candidates at the regional level to elect the right amount of people, since there was little interest.

No, the plot happened because people were bored, because the game feels stagnant. The elimination of superfluous offices would perhaps be the first (but not only) step towards a game that is once again engaging and alive.

Again, I've stated before why I went along with it, to the extent that I did, so we shan't dwell on that anymore. I think looking at the what and the how of the plot is missing the forest for the trees, prosecuting everyone involved and creating extra offices isn't going to stop another group of bored people from doing this again. Only one thing will: a total overhaul of the game. You need to have a conversation about how to change the game and something truly radical is needed, I don't know what that is, but I know that the creation of extra offices is a step in the wrong direction.

I was not employed to do anything, I do not take orders from the Labor Party. I am not a member of the Labor Party, I am a member of the glorious Parti Socialiste, please get your facts straight next time.

All routes to punish are not exhausted though, to begin with, you can vote against everyone who stands by LT to punish his supporters. But that is not all, you could also try the case again in court. You could also take the most radical step of all, quit the game in protest, until something is done. Defeatism is never the answer, there is always something that can be done, to say otherwise is delusional.

So punishing a few people who were bored? That really sends the wrong message when as I said above there are other things you can do.

I don't necessarily see the game as being in some sort of dire state. We had 18 candidates for At-Large with the write-ins. We had 9 candidates getting a vote or having a vote transfer to them for Lincoln General Court. We had at least 2 candidates in each subregional race - several  had three. The South also had several more candidates than seats to allocate, and 3 candidates for Governor. True, turnout leaves something to be desired among the registered voter base as a whole. But the people that are here are eager to serve the game.

Oh how wonderful, great to know that I can be excused for being extremely bigoted if I can save Atlasia! This is really a wonderful message to be sending!

This is an incredibly lame straw man and cheap attempt at bait that is not worth a substantial reply.

Imagine being such a loser to care about Fantasyland.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies