Pro-life/pro-choice according to the SurveyUSA poll. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:43:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pro-life/pro-choice according to the SurveyUSA poll. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pro-life/pro-choice according to the SurveyUSA poll.  (Read 3461 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« on: July 22, 2005, 11:50:17 AM »

Remind me what social issues carried Bush to election?  It couldn't have been abortion.  I guess it was all the homosexual marriage referendums.  I have to say that's one of the best moves in political history.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 03:51:14 PM »

Since I'm strongly pro-choice, I'm pleased to see that pro-choice wins in a landslide.  As I expected, Utah and the Dixie are the least pro-choice and the Northeast is the most pro-choice.

I'm not sure how accurate the map is on an absolute basis, so I'll comment on the relative figures.

I can't believe that Arkansas (Bill Clinton's home state) is less pro-choice than Alabama and South Carolina.

I can't believe that Alaska, Kansas (the state with something the matter with it), Indiana (ultra-conservative), Texas (Bush's home state), North Carolina (home of Jesse Helms), and Georgia (Zell Miller's home state) are the same color as much more liberal states like Washington (Democratic since 1988), Illinois (where many Republicans are pro-choice), Wisconsin, Minnesota (the state Reagan never carried, not even in 1984), and Iowa (home of Senator Harkin).  I can't believe that Colorado, Montana, Florida, and Ohio are more pro-choice than the preceding more liberal states and the same colar as much more liberal states like Oregon, California, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Maine.
North Carolina is definitely pro-Roe.  I'd say 53-47.  South Carolina:  Don't know, but likely 51-49 pro-Wade.  Georgia:  Probably 51-49, pro-Roe.
Three things I think we should do:
(1)  Encourage abstinence, but also discuss/provide contraception.
(2)  To be blunt, we should force girls into math and science.  Or if not academically inclined provide girls with vocational training (the earlier, the better).
(3)  Encourage adoption, more lenient abandonment laws (you can leave a newborn at the hospital, for instance).
(4)  Disperse emergency contraception.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies