TX Gov.: Chris Bell's a Joke (trailing Kinky Friedman's fundraising) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:10:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX Gov.: Chris Bell's a Joke (trailing Kinky Friedman's fundraising) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX Gov.: Chris Bell's a Joke (trailing Kinky Friedman's fundraising)  (Read 1953 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: July 24, 2005, 07:29:02 AM »

John Kerry was at the Tour de France today to watch Lance Armstrong.  He said he wants Lance to run for Texas Governor and then made some boring half-assed jokes.

Armstrong said he would probably run for political office after he retires from biking, but he is a declared Republican (with a Communist girlfriend) so John Kerry might be barking up the wrong tree.  If it was a Democratic candidacy, no doubt he would do a lot better in fundraising and overall results than Chris Bell.
Armstrong a Republican? I've seen him referred to as a Democrat umpteen times...
I thought he was anti-war for some reason.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 08:07:03 AM »

Ah, Wikipedia.
"Political possibilities
In an interview with the New York Times, teammate George Hincapie hinted at Armstrong possibly running for Governor of Texas after retiring from cycling. In the July 2005 issue of Outside magazine (http://outside.away.com/outside/toc/200507.html), Armstrong himself hinted at possibly running for Governor, although "not in '06." By Texas political standards, he would almost certainly run as a Democrat, as he has described himself in the past as being "left of center," "against mixing up State and Church," "not keen on guns," opposed to the Iraq War, and pro-choice."

I never realized Armstrong was socially liberal, I just thought he was anti-war. Pro-choice, not keen on guns, against mixing up state and church, he'd be attacked viciously if he ever ran for anything in Texas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies