Noticed uptick in third party voting this cycle (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:03:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Noticed uptick in third party voting this cycle (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Noticed uptick in third party voting this cycle  (Read 1543 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 07, 2017, 11:29:15 PM »

You should check out Oregon's numbers including both 3rd Party and Write-Ins.....

I believe it's the highest since Perot '92, but someone with access to Dave's database could pull that up quicker than myself....

It actually looks like Oregon's 3rd Party voting is higher than most states in the Union....

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but I am still shocked seeing some of the numbers from individual cities/precincts throughout the state.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 02:20:06 AM »

It was mostly deranged progressives angry over the "rigged" primary. And it didn't hurt that Johnson was saying "I agree with Sanders 73% of the time" at every turn. There are a few #NeverTrump votes mixed in too, but most of those people either held their nose for Clinton or proved to have no spine by the end and voted Trump anyway.

Wulfric/ Dwarven Dragon:

Although I agree with your general position that in the "Left Coast" of America  that there was a significant defection to the Left (Bernie Write-Ins/ Greens/ Libertarian voters).... for example something like 12-14% of Oregonians essentially went 3rd Party/ Write-Ins.....I'm still not totally bought on the argument about how states in the Upper Midwest/ New England/ Pennsylvania voted in terms of minor party candidates.

Places like Utah and Idaho are obvious exceptions....

Honestly, I would like to see some numbers from the Midwest/South/Central Atlantic/New England states before jumping to a conclusion mat... Smiley

Not so sure about your statement regarding the Johnson/Sanders overlap, although certainly I had some Millennials in my family that were talking about going that direction.

Almost seems like you're trying to call out Sanders supporters for Clinton losing, even though based on many of your posts and the mutual threads from back in the '16 primaries that we both posted on, I don't believe that to be the case.   Smiley

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies