Prediction Maps for 2006 Races… (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:25:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Prediction Maps for 2006 Races… (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prediction Maps for 2006 Races…  (Read 3989 times)
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« on: July 20, 2005, 05:50:19 PM »

I think the following seats will switch:

Dem->Rep:  VA, IA, IL
Rep->Dem: NY, MD, MA, CA, OH

I think Roy Moore will challenge Riley and keep the Alabama seat red (barely)

I think Murkowski is a weak incumbent in Alaska, but the Democratic party up there is just plain awful.

I haven't looked into the Wisconsin race enough to get a feel for it.

Michigan is also a very viable pick-up for the Republicans if they can find a good challenger.

Colorado also leans/slight Democrat if Salazar retires from the Senate to run for Governor, but I think as a freshman governor, he won't do that.

Everything else should remain the same.

Who do the Republicans have in Illinois that can win?  I know Blagojevich is unpopular, but unless the GOP recruits someone from Congress, I don't see how they defeat him.  I think Wisconsin and Michigan are more or less the same situation.

Wisconsin has Scott Walker, Milwaukee County Executive. Last election he won 58% of Milwaukee County, Doyle won less to get his 45% of the vote for his win. If Walker gets past the primaries he can easily defeat Doyle.
Wishful thinking.

Out of interest what is the situation in Wisconsin? I have to confess I’m pretty ignorant, I can imagine that Doyle will have to fight for re-election, but as to how seriously he’s threatened, the quality of the potential GOP candidates, the mood across the state, etc… I really don’t know; care to fill me, and anyone else who’s in the dark, in?       
Doyle isn't going anywhere. First off, Mark Green will beat Scott Walker in the primary easily. So the general will have Doyle vs Green, and Doyle will likely win by 53-47 or 54-46.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies