Prediction Maps for 2006 Races… (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:49:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Prediction Maps for 2006 Races… (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prediction Maps for 2006 Races…  (Read 3958 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« on: July 18, 2005, 08:40:44 PM »

I think the following seats will switch:

Dem->Rep:  VA, IA, IL
Rep->Dem: NY, MD, MA, CA, OH

I think Roy Moore will challenge Riley and keep the Alabama seat red (barely)

I think Murkowski is a weak incumbent in Alaska, but the Democratic party up there is just plain awful.

I haven't looked into the Wisconsin race enough to get a feel for it.

Michigan is also a very viable pick-up for the Republicans if they can find a good challenger.

Colorado also leans/slight Democrat if Salazar retires from the Senate to run for Governor, but I think as a freshman governor, he won't do that.

Everything else should remain the same.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 10:41:27 PM »

Hickenlooper and Salazar could win it if they ran and Knowles could win it if he ran.  All three are unlikely to run though.

I could see Hick going for it, but Ken Salazar seems less likely.  With 4 years left in his Senate term, and no tough challengers on the horizon for 2010, I doubt he would give it all up for a chance to be Governor.  How about John Salazar, though?

Is Knowles eligible to run again after already serving 2 terms?

I asked AKSaber once and I think he said Knowles is ineligible to run again.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 02:09:20 AM »

Haven't been paying much attention, so I wouldn't even hazzard a guess at making any predictions just yet

Even where incumbents have low approval ratings, there's still time for them to bounce back. For some poor buggers, like Taft though I think the writing's on the wall - but I wouldn't be surprised if the gimmick (yes, Arnold - you can't really expect me to complementary after that infantile slur of his - "Don't be economic girlie men" - at the RNC) over in California turns out to be some kind of political Houdini

Still, I'd like to think Democrats will be a majority Wink come 2006

Dave

Taft is barred from seeking a third term so he isn't running again.  Yeah the Democrats have the best chance of taking the majority in something w/Governorships (good chances in AL, AK (weaker), AR, CA, CO, FL (weaker), GA (weaker), KY (2007, weaker), MD, MA,  MS (2007, weaker), NY, OH while the GOP pickup chances are in IL, IA, ME (weaker), MI (weaker), NH (weaker), OK (if Watts runs), OR (weaker), PA, WI)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies